Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2015 8:27:46 AM EDT

Pole added, which superfeet are you? What is arfcoms preferred color? Multiple answers allowed. If you choose other please post.

HOLY FUCK MY FEET ARE GROSS!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, if you work on your feet and have foot pain, superfeet insoles will change your life. Even if you don't have foot pain they will change your life. Keep in mind that they're not a soft cushy gel insole, they are actually very firm and can take some getting used to. If you decide to try them, give them like a week, they might seem uncomfortable or hard at first, but your feet and muscles will adjust and your pain will disappear.

I'm on my feet all day(actually night, I work third shift) at my job and average 7.5 miles a day at work. I can't recommend these insoles highly enough.

Disclaimer: no financial or other interests, not a shill, was just changing out my insoles and thought the comparison pic was funny and gross.

ETA: I exclusively wear Smartwool merino wool socks too, so I guess I'm something of a foot snob.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]
i just use regular dr schools and change them every 6 months
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Powersteps which are pretty similar.  They're wonderful for plantar fasciitis.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I had superfeet oranges in my old workboots

They were amazing.

Still mad the boots got thrown away with the insoles still in them
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They were amazing.

View Quote

I almost got the orange this time but I wasn't sure I would like them, so I stuck with green which I knew I liked. The orange is a little softer I think.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm an ER nurse, I walk several miles a day in the ER.   I also run, these insoles changed my life and helped me get over some knee problems related to over pronation of my feet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Back when I used to do four or five-hour procedures wearing lead and a cool suit I put these in my shoes.

Your feet really start to hurt when you been standing around wearing 30 to 40 pounds of gear.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I had plantar fasciitis and some mornings I literally could not stand up until I stretched out the arches in my foot. I also had an ankle injury that would make my ankle give out while I ran.

I bought these super feet greens and after a few months I have no issues. They have very high hard arches that feel uncomfortable at first but give your arches the proper support that they need. I wore them all day and tried to avoid walking barefoot, and my problems went away.

I've used these in hiking shoes when I did the Grand Canyon.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone with arch problems. Most shoes don't give enough support.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I need those for my ass since I just since in an office all day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm an ER nurse, I walk several miles a day in the ER.   I also run, these insoles changed my life and helped me get over some knee problems related to over pronation of my feet.
View Quote

I had thought about posting on this very topic before and wondered if I was overthinking things. I wondered about trying to run and work out with them. My physical therapist (rehab) put me in a pair to help with balance issues. While I can't credit them with having resolved balance issues, I got used to them after a while in my every day shoes, and now I feel kinda weird in regular shoes without Better Feet insoles. I had debated getting some of the top notch running shoes to work out in, and replacing the insoles with another pair of better feet. I wasn't sure if they would hurt or not running in them. Then I wondered if it made any sense to spend $$$ on high end running shoes if I was going to replace the insole. Maybe a decent pair of mid-range running shoes + Better Feet insoles would be the way to go..What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I almost got the orange this time but I wasn't sure I would like them, so I stuck with green which I knew I liked. The orange is a little softer I think.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were amazing.

the orange ones are fucking awesome if you're on concrete all day
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were amazing.

I am on concrete all day...hmmm
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a pair of the orange ones based on recommendations here.
They didn't really help me at all and I have been disappointed with them.
To be fair though, my feet are pretty jacked up. I'm not sure anything will help.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm with this guy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#14]
this might help
Quoted:

I'm with this guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm with this guy.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought a pair of black Superfeet and haven't been happy with them. Maybe other models are better, but with the black ones, I can fee the plastic support through the padding. They also didn't fit my wide width boots very well, leaving a noticeable gap that I could feel every time I took a step.

I might give the green or orange ones a shot, but so far I've been happy with some other brands of foam-padded insoles.

FWIW, I wear Wolverine 1000 Miles or Red Wing Iron Rangers, which have no insole worth speaking of. Maybe they'd work better in something that already has a bit of padding.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I bought a pair of black Superfeet and haven't been happy with them. Maybe other models are better, but with the black ones, I can fee the plastic support through the padding. They also didn't fit my wide width boots very well, leaving a noticeable gap that I could feel every time I took a step.

I might give the green or orange ones a shot, but so far I've been happy with some other brands of foam-padded insoles.

FWIW, I wear Wolverine 1000 Miles or Red Wing Iron Rangers, which have no insole worth speaking of. Maybe they'd work better in something that already has a bit of padding.
View Quote

The black ones are the most low profile ones they make. They're for tight dress shoes or for people with really flat feet. The blue or the green are the way to go for most people and the green ones come in wide sizes

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were amazing.

I think they're like 10 bucks more but they're worth it

the toe bed has a thicker layer of foam than the standard superfeet. It makes all the difference

do it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:51:28 AM EDT
[#18]
you should try SOLEs.

they are heat molded to fit your actual foot (in your oven).

they are better than Superfeet.

They're also expensive but worth every penny over Superfeet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#19]
It's amazing what a thin little piece of padding can do.

I used to work as a mechanic and never used anything like this and walked miles on a concrete floor every day. One day, I put down a piece of cardboard for some reason, I forget why but I did. I immediately noticed a HUGE improvement in my comfort. Just a from a thin piece of cardboard.

After that, I got some old carpets and put them down around my lift and workbench, where I did most of my standing. The difference was like night and day. Those carpets made all the difference in the world.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Orange Superfeet in my boots right now. I have some in just about every pair of shoes and boots. They are expensive but worth every cent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were amazing.

Me too....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Are they designed to work with the existing insole in a tennis or running shoe or do you remove the stock insole to use them?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are they designed to work with the existing insole in a tennis or running shoe or do you remove the stock insole to use them?
View Quote

If the shoe has a removable insole, remove it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Sole softec - don't mold them, leave the arches uncomfortably enormous. Fixed plantar fasciitis for me during a very vigorous year on my feet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Use green ones in hiking boots and custom ones in ski boots
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was getting ready to ask that very question. I need to give them a try, since my knees, lower back, and feet are a mess. Time, age, being a big guy, old injuries, and workplace stress have all combined upon me. I'm 44 and sometimes feel like my joints have a 20 year head start on the rest of my body.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#28]

I gave up all that stuff and went to bafefoot/minimalist shoes two years ago. All my foot and knee problems went away.  

I think all that support was just making my feet weaker.

Ymmv.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#29]
I do between 2 and 10 miles a day (6 days a week) and use gel inserts from Dr. Schols.

Superfeet seem terribly overpriced to me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#30]

They have different types for different shoes and needs.

I used to make the custom insoles for people for years.  Also modified regular ones.

Good stuff, not snake oil.

Just break yourself into them slow.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Superass Buttsoles...

There's a fucking fortune to be made in that.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#32]
One of the best $40 I've ever spent. I love those things.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I would note that some superfeet insoles are NOT compatible with shoes that have a waterproof liner such as goretex.

Any of the insoles that have those little nibs on them can destroy the liner.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sole softec - don't mold them, leave the arches uncomfortably enormous. Fixed plantar fasciitis for me during a very vigorous year on my feet.
View Quote

Agreed, the Sole brand insoles will mold correctly to your feet after a couple weeks.

Other good brands are Power Steps, Montrail insoles, and the Spenco Total Supports.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I gave up all that stuff and went to bafefoot/minimalist shoes two years ago. All my foot and knee problems went away.  

Ymmv.
View Quote

Barefoot is not the same as minimalist.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Tagaroonie
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm a big fan of Soles.  They provided a bit more support vs superfeet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

agree.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I run the green as well, they are great. I had to Sole brand in my other boots, I don't think they are any better.

FWIW: My Superset have been in a pair of Gore-tex boots for two years w/o any ill effects. For those in love with Gore-tex boots, you may want to do some research, they are not all they are cracked up to be and the liner doesn't work as long as you'd think. I'm getting away from Gore-tex footwear (which is a pain, because everyone wants to slap the brand on there because buyers think it's the wheel).
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I live by the blue superfeet insoles. Been using them for about 20 years.

Just cuz they look nasty doesn't mean they're worn out...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Blue superfeet for me!  I have them in my daily work tennies and in my hiking boots as well.  LOVE THEM!  Been using them for 8+ years.  I used to work retail and it made standing on my feet all day a non-issue!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I will be trying these insoles out, OP. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Green Superfeet and PowerSteps are my faves. Can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Pole added. I use green, but after posts in this thread am considering orange. Gf uses berry.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#46]
The greens feel very stiff and hard at first, which is normal because your arches aren't used to having real support underneath them, once you get used to them though the benefits are great and easily justify the cost. I have high arches so I need that extra support, I think my dress shoes are what made my feet start hurting bad because they had very minimal arch support.

Pretty sure greens are the stiffest they have, definitely not a gel type but great for people with arch problems or plantar fasciitis. If you pull the foam factory insoles out of your running shoe or hiking shoe, you can see how they get very compressed and thin, losing their support over time. The superfeet greens have a hard plastic reinforcement that can't compress over time and they continue to give you great support. The orange appears to have a shock absorbing foam reinforcement instead.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Those things are medieval torture devices as far as I'm concerned.  Had a pair of black ones and my feet have never hurt so bad.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

agree.

and i just bought a pair
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ymmv.

OK mr. life of the party...  

I wear "barefoot" style minimalist shoe that have a 3mm flat, non molded, non supporting sole.  

My point being my feet, legs, and life got much better going away from all the support shoes and products.  I figured humans made it for thousands of years with noting but thin leather soles.  I gave it a try and loved it.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Shameless night crew bump
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top