Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/1/2015 6:48:14 PM EDT

The longer this video goes on, the worse the falls get!

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
lulz
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Seriously, who in their right mind has a "one size fits all" hurdle for this event? And forbid they hold this wrist and neck snapping event on grass. So much stupid...so much pain.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a woman in red shorts at around the :47 mark with the right idea.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Cross fit is retarded.

I have a friend that got huge into it.  Ended up having back surgery a couple years ago.  Didn't slow him down.  He owns a gym now.  And you can't talk to him about anything other than Crossift, girls that are built like men, or his gym.

Shame because he was a good guy.

It really is like a cult.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm fine with this.

Everyone should be able to make money off of stupid people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Needs to be done on concrete, out in the sun.

Bonus points for embedded glass.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is a woman in red shorts at around the :47 mark with the right idea.
View Quote
Yep, its called a scissors kick.  I used this chasing a foul ball from 3rd base many years ago and my left shoes shoe lace got caught in the top of the fence which was just about the height of the hurdle there........boom!!!  went my right ACL when i landed

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]
This needs to be remixed with that really sad Platoon music.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cross fit is retarded.

I have a friend that got huge into it.  Ended up having back surgery a couple years ago.  Didn't slow him down.  He owns a gym now.  And you can't talk to him about anything other than Crossift, girls that are built like men, or his gym.

View Quote

Not everybody that does crossfit is retarded.

The problem is just about anybody can become a "coach" and lure people who don't know any better to come do it.

A few of the most fit people I know, who happen to be PT's and very knowledgeable of body mechanics and were thus able to sniff out BS and find a good gym/coach, are into crossfit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Red shorts 0:46
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#11]
A crossfitter a vegan and an atheist walk in to a bar.  I know because they told me
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This needs to be remixed with that really sad Platoon music.
View Quote
Funniest quote of the month, easy.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cross fit is retarded.

View Quote

"Its fine as long as you do it in the proper form"
Like its a goddamn ritual or something
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#15]
maybe they should be laying some gymnastic foam pags in the landing areas?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's only one group that talks about Crossfit more than Crossfitters - Crossfit haters.

At the end of the day it is like many sports - there are good coaches and bad coaches, if you choose poorly you have a higher chance of getting hurt.

P.S. I only personally know one Crossfitter who got Rhabdo, she got it in the first event of her first trip to the Crossfit games because she went too fast out of the gate due to inexperience at that level.
View Quote

Lol, this is the truth...and will largely go unnoticed by all the "athletes" in GD.

ETA- video is of course retarded.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I've done it a few times over the years. I like the workouts. Statistically reported injury rates are far higher for running than crossfit.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rosspomeroy/2014/04/03/crossfit-isnt-killing-us/
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cross fit is retarded.

I have a friend that got huge into it.  Ended up having back surgery a couple years ago.  Didn't slow him down.  He owns a gym BOX now.  And you can't talk to him about anything other than Crossift, girls that are built like men, or his gym BOX .

View Quote

Fixed it for you. Get that shit right bruh.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll take SLAP tear for $100, Alex.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've done it a few times over the years. I like the workouts. Statistically reported injury rates are far higher for running than crossfit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can't be true. Everyone knows CF will immediately result in knee, back, and neck surgeries, and will also quite likely result in spontaneous combustion.

“Injury rates with CrossFit training are similar to that reported in the literature for sports such as Olympic weight-lifting, power-lifting and gymnastics and lower than competitive contact sports such as rugby union and rugby league,” the researchers reported.

And that rate is positively puny compared to sports like soccer, skiing, and football. Even running may be more dangerous. A 2010 study followed recreational runners for eight weeks as they trained for a 4-mile race. 30.1 injuries were reported for every 1,000 hours of running.

ETA- as a crossfitter turned Oly lifter, I've definitely been injured more with oly lifting- even still, this is due to my own fault, not the sport.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Can't be true. Everyone knows CF will immediately result in knee, back, and neck surgeries, and will also quite likely result in spontaneous combustion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Injury rates with CrossFit training are similar to that reported in the literature for sports such as Olympic weight-lifting, power-lifting and gymnastics and lower than competitive contact sports such as rugby union and rugby league,” the researchers reported.

And that rate is positively puny compared to sports like soccer, skiing, and football. Even running may be more dangerous. A 2010 study followed recreational runners for eight weeks as they trained for a 4-mile race. 30.1 injuries were reported for every 1,000 hours of running.
The video I posted calls BS on your study.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Injury rates with CrossFit training are similar to that reported in the literature for sports such as Olympic weight-lifting, power-lifting and gymnastics and lower than competitive contact sports such as rugby union and rugby league,” the researchers reported.

Oh right, a youtube video of idiots doing an idiotic competition refutes science.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
Statistically?  Do you mean overall number or the number of injuries per number of people engaged in activity?  And what is the severity of the injuries reported by each?

Did crossfit at work gym as it was encouraged at my work.  I was/am not a crossfit cult.  I DID think it was a good way to get really fit.  Only problem is some people can't jump into this lifestyle in their mid forties and pull it off no matter how good the coach.  A back surgery later, I will pass on the crossfit.  Even though it sure did seem like I was fittest I had ever been in my life.  Maybe not the strongest but was the fittest.  Only problem was those exercises that get you super fit and are encouraged to get more, do more, only easy day was yesterday.....just wear down the structure of the mid forties guy who only ever ran and lifted weights.  I don't think crossfit is evil, but it sure isn't for everybody.  And the rabid do more ferocity you are coached with is not a one size fits all method.  

And the real cultists, do absolutely HAVE to tell you they are crossfitters.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't get to make fun of crossfit until you can back squat more than a female crossfitter front squats
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm fine with this.

View Quote

Yep.

I've actually done crossfit, and I dig the whole "work at your own pace".

I quit because I hurt my back pushing too hard.

This is NOT that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cross fit is retarded.

I have a friend that got huge into it.  Ended up having back surgery a couple years ago.  Didn't slow him down.  He owns a gym BOX now.  And you can't talk to him about anything other than Crossift, girls that are built like men, or his gym BOX .

BOX has gotta be the stupidest lingo ever for GYM.  Because its a freaking GYM not a freaking box.  Drives me insane at how stupid it sounds to hear people call it a box.  HIPSTERS always irritate me.  

0/10 rant.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Oh right, a youtube video of idiots doing an idiotic competition refutes science.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was meant at a joke. You crossfit, so I didn't mean to start any trouble bro.

But let's be honest about your quoted "science." To wit:

The researchers submitted an online questionnaire to national and international CrossFit forums. To mask the survey’s true purpose — determining CrossFit’s injury rates — the researchers included general questions about training programs, demographics, and supplement use. 132 anonymous responses were collected, with 186 total injuries reported.

The CrossFit injury study suffers from potentially crippling limitations. For one, it’s based on recall, and human memory is notoriously fallible. Since it was posted to online forums and open for anybody to take, sampling bias is also an issue. It’s highly unlikely that the study group is totally representative of the CrossFit population.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
]It was meant at a joke. You crossfit, so I didn't mean to start any trouble bro.

The researchers submitted an online questionnaire to national and international CrossFit forums. To mask the survey’s true purpose — determining CrossFit’s injury rates — the researchers included general questions about training programs, demographics, and supplement use. 132 anonymous responses were collected, with 186 total injuries reported.

The CrossFit injury study suffers from potentially crippling limitations. For one, it’s based on recall, and human memory is notoriously fallible. Since it was posted to online forums and open for anybody to take, sampling bias is also an issue. It’s highly unlikely that the study group is totally representative of the CrossFit population.

View Quote

No worries, I just missed the joke (not the first or last time ) No I don't CF actually. I used to, but found I really love olympic weightlifting. I occasionally do a little CF to maintain some conditioning but I don't consider myself a CFer.

Yeah, not saying it was a great study, but it does coincide with what I've seen. I still lift at a CF gym because my buddy owns one. I have a lot of friends that are runners as well, and from what I've seen injury rates seem pretty equal no matter what workout you do...and injury becomes more likely with any sort of competition as well.

ETA- there are a lot of legitimate problems with CF...mostly CFHQ. The program is only as good as the individual writing it though, and that's where a lot of the hate comes from.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A crossfitter a vegan a marine and an atheist walk in to a bar.  I know because they told me
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No worries, I just missed the joke (not the first or last time ) No I don't CF actually. I used to, but found I really love olympic weightlifting. I occasionally do a little CF to maintain some conditioning but I don't consider myself a CFer.

Yeah, not saying it was a great study, but it does coincide with what I've seen. I still lift at a CF gym because my buddy owns one. I have a lot of friends that are runners as well, and from what I've seen injury rates seem pretty equal no matter what workout you do...and injury becomes more likely with any sort of competition as well.

ETA- there are a lot of legitimate problems with CF...mostly CFHQ. The program is only as good as the individual writing it though, and that's where a lot of the hate comes from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
]It was meant at a joke. You crossfit, so I didn't mean to start any trouble bro.

And those damn wall balls.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#32]
That's retarded even for crossfit. Not many people regardless of how many box jumps they do can clear a hurdle that's up to there neck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y do U hate squats + press?

Oh nvm...I know why you hate squats
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Y do U hate squats + press?

Oh nvm...I know why you hate squats
View Quote

I was supposed to do squats today. But so tired.

Tomorrow!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yep.

This is NOT that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm fine with this.

Yep.

This is NOT that.

Have you checked out Iron Tribe?  I hear a lot of great things.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm fine with this.

Yep.

This is NOT that.

I heard, probably from an unreliable source, that they were producing more injuries than CF.

Don't recall where I heard it from, so I don't know how much stock to put in it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I heard, probably from an unreliable source, that they were producing more injuries than CF.

Don't recall where I heard it from, so I don't know how much stock to put in it.
View Quote

Nah, you're probably right.  I think my source might be a little biased.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That place by work is awesome. That's where I was at.

Just wish I had more time.

It's a little pricey though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

A crossfitter a vegan and an atheist walk in to a bar.  I know because they told me
View Quote
You forgot marathon runner.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is right up the street too.

One of the guys in our group goes there several times a week.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either would be great.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#43]
somehow I don't see the hurdles staying in crossfit.  what the fuck
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I could watch that all day, it just need them to talk smack to each other.

Would like to see some good CF people compete but still want to see this kind of video too for laughs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#45]
"A" for effort @ :53. Holy shit she hit hard.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

"A" for effort @ :53. Holy shit she hit hard.
View Quote
The guy at 1:10 takes it even further. They both had to hurt!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Lol  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol  
I always thought the joke was a Harvard grad, an attorney and a fighter pilot. But hey, they all work here!

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#49]
After herniating two disks in my back, it hurts to even watch that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#50]
That was a worthless course...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top