BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:09:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself, you could never sound and / or appear intelligent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't even #blm related, but everyone posting on the bandwagon.  I'm guessing if the situation is fucked up then he or someone he knew was caught up in something bad, that's a shame.

Could be as simple as refusing to take a bribe. That's how it works with the cartels... Take this $10,000 bribe to look the other way or die.

“Plato o plomo” (silver or lead) is the term you are looking for.

I'm aware. I might happen to live in the crosshairs of this shit. If I wanted to spout a Spanish idiom that 95% of ARFCom won't understand in a thinly veiled attempt to appear intelligent, I could have.

Don't kid yourself, you could never sound and / or appear intelligent.

Jesus christ, take the dick measuring elsewhere, please.  

Prayers for the fallen and his family.  Hopefully there's some answers soon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm aware. I might happen to live in the crosshairs of this shit. If I wanted to spout a Spanish idiom that 95% of ARFCom won't understand in a thinly veiled attempt to appear intelligent, I could have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't even #blm related, but everyone posting on the bandwagon.  I'm guessing if the situation is fucked up then he or someone he knew was caught up in something bad, that's a shame.

Could be as simple as refusing to take a bribe. That's how it works with the cartels... Take this $10,000 bribe to look the other way or die.

Unless we have a big ass wall and/or our military on the border the hell if I'm ever moving near the border.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Unless we have a big ass wall and/or our military on the border the hell if I'm ever moving near the border.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably smart.

A few years back a friend (and former customer) of mine was almost kidnapped at his ranch near the border. Three guys snuck onto his property and dragged him out from under the truck he was working on. He fought and managed to get the LCP (which I had sold him ) out of his pocket and shot one of them. This surprised them enough for him to get free and run into his house and grab a real gun, by which point they were fleeing.

They later turned up at a hospital for the wounds one of them had... They were part of a known kidnapping ring... Snatch people, take them back to Mexico, demand money... Maybe turn the hostage loose once paid, maybe just disappear them.

People will tell you it's fine near the border... They are full of shit. Crime spills over from Mexico constantly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Stay safe, gentlemen.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
 Very sad and prayers out to the family and the brothers.

As the fabric of society continues to come apart in our nation, this will only get worse.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Impossible.  GD has assured me that all crimes are committed by blacks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The difference being... There is a "movement", of tens of thousands of people, of all races, rallying behind " #blm " , publicly, LOUDLY, calling for the assassination of cops. I can think of two, at least. The one in nyc, and this one in Texas, that are directly associated with ghetto fucknuts being influenced by Twitter #blm.

As always, I'll be a critic of bad cops, but this shit is ridiculous.

They've declared war, and I hope they get what they want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not to sound cold hearted, because a police officer being murdered is not cool. But is this an actual statistical increase in the murders of police officers or is there just more media coverage of it because of the BLM douches?

They're still below average for the year so far.

The difference being... There is a "movement", of tens of thousands of people, of all races, rallying behind " #blm " , publicly, LOUDLY, calling for the assassination of cops. I can think of two, at least. The one in nyc, and this one in Texas, that are directly associated with ghetto fucknuts being influenced by Twitter #blm.

As always, I'll be a critic of bad cops, but this shit is ridiculous.

They've declared war, and I hope they get what they want.

They've declared "war", and yet the losses are still below average.  It's media hype, and everyone is buying into it.

ETA: Case in point, this incident turns out to be not BLM related, but that is all that was discussed for three pages.  The incident in GA was two pages of spouting off about BLM, then it turns out an officer shot another officer.  The media is working to get the American public to believe BLM is a powerful movement, when in reality it is just a bunch of lazy assholes.   Everyone getting all spun up over every unrelated incident proves it's working.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:52:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
black lives matters

obama and his ilk are basically telling blacks kill whoever you want, we don't care.

yep.

turns out I was wrong.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
RIPThe cops should just take a few months off.
The thing I really don't understand about this is why don't we ever see the cops fuck with all the judges and attorneys that keep giving these violent assholes plea deals and easy sentences. Every time we have a murderer around here its some shit bag with a long history of arrests for violence that got turned into BS charges and BS 6 months in jail sentence.  It's these same assholes doing the same shit until finally an innocent person gets killed. The last NOPD officer who was murdered here was killed by an asshole with all kinds of arrest for violent crime and no one even questions why the fuck was this guy free. There's no outrage or pressure for the assholes who continue to give these people freedom, the media isn't in their face asking questions and neither are the police unions.
View Quote

Because it's easier to blame the police for what other people do.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You took the better route. No reason to be disappointed at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am too old to be a police officer. I come from a family of them and I am a railroad conductor. A huge disappointment. But being disabled and over the age limit hasn't stopped me from looking in other states.

Yep. you made a better life for yourself. I regularly kick myself in the ass for becoming a cop. All my education, talents, and effort wasted on people who could care less.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FOX news said earlier that police officer deaths are up 15% over this time last year. I don't know how many of those are murders or traffic/health related.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not to sound cold hearted, because a police officer being murdered is not cool. But is this an actual statistical increase in the murders of police officers or is there just more media coverage of it because of the BLM douches?

FOX news said earlier that police officer deaths are up 15% over this time last year. I don't know how many of those are murders or traffic/health related.  

Deaths are still down, but murders of police are way the fuck up. Numbers games.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My PD is hemorrhaging and we can't fill the ranks fast enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are trying to get people to not want to become a police officer. It won't work.

That's exactly what's happening in some areas. Some PDs have seen big drops in applicants.

My PD is hemorrhaging and we can't fill the ranks fast enough.

Same here. We're about 18% below strength, and losing more. On top of that, we haven't grown to match the growth of the city, so we were behind to start with. And crime is WAY up...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
From a Texas LEO forum, official word at this point is "Abilene officer murdered at home in planned, coordinated attack by multiple parties".

Cell towers providing info. Texas Rangers are the lead.
View Quote

Sovreigns getting their lick in?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep. you made a better life for yourself. I regularly kick myself in the ass for becoming a cop. All my education, talents, and effort wasted on people who could care less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am too old to be a police officer. I come from a family of them and I am a railroad conductor. A huge disappointment. But being disabled and over the age limit hasn't stopped me from looking in other states.

I care and the good people of this country care.

Don't go all cynical, that shit'll burn you the fuck out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Deaths are still down, but murders of police are way the fuck up. Numbers games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Murders of police are not up.  Where are you getting your stats?

Here:
http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#17]

As this year goes on yall pay attention to the number of traffic related police deaths compared to other means.

That alone usually accounts for 45 - 55% of police deaths nationwide.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Uh, Abilene isn't exactly a hotbed of black activism Why anyone would jump to that conclusion I have no idea. Cops get killed like everyone else.....by former business partners, ex spouses etc.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Who is they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fuse has been lit.......... this is bullshit.

Honestly, they won't like what this leads to.

Who is they?

I realize that this isn't the case in this murder, but the point stands.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Uh, Abilene isn't exactly a hotbed of black activism Why anyone would jump to that conclusion I have no idea. Cops get killed like everyone else.....by former business partners, ex spouses etc.....
View Quote

BLM calling for the murder of cops, cop get murdered.....

We've had one a day get shot for 8 days. (IIRC?)

I can't imagine why anyone would think that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#21]
hey look another cop thread GD has shit on
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Is this a memorial thread?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't like to hear about anyone getting killed. But my first thought wouldn't be that someone found out where his lived and killed him because of who he worked for. I first guess would be home invasion/robbery or some other personal angle.

BUT, if it is found out that a blm supporter/s are behind it, that would really piss me off.  

View Quote

The outbreak of officers being killed is somewhat interesting (in a bad way).  Very well could be more to it than just random crime.  Not like you used to hear of cops being killed in their homes very often.  Usually criminal types avoided those because they didn't want the attention.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea but a SMALL DOSE OF FUCKING COMMON SENSE isn't too much to ask is it? Abilene, Texas is about as redneck a town as you can imagine. It's home to a major "CHRISTIAN" University...It puts the BELT in BIBLE BELT conservatism.......Any black person running around talking stupid, much less DOING SOMETHING would have a life expectancy in the MINUTES.....Just not tolerated.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#25]

WTF?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yea but a SMALL DOSE OF FUCKING COMMON SENSE isn't too much to ask is it? Abilene, Texas is about as redneck a town as you can imagine. It's home to a major "CHRISTIAN" University...It puts the BELT in BIBLE BELT conservatism.......Any black person running around talking stupid, much less DOING SOMETHING would have a life expectancy in the MINUTES.....Just not tolerated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are liberals everywhere.  Whoever did it hasn't been caught yet.

You are making a pretty large assumption here.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think that matters......
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm sick and tired of this shit.

RIP.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larger than the immediate hue and cry that Blacklivesmatter is the cause? I think not.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stay safe, gentlemen.

View Quote

And stay lucky.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please point out those posts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

10 killed in 10 days is most certainly a spike.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

11 in 9 days...just to be accurate  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christ.  I can't believe there haven't been walk-offs in "urban" precincts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You know in all my 54 years I have had many encounters with law enforcement. In all those times I have had dealings with some not so nice. However If you cooperate and "Be Nice" All turned out well. Yes tickets that I deserved and I paid them. BE NICE, it's amazing how things turn out if you BE NICE.  
View Quote

In my encounters with police, I find that simply being polite and keeping my temper has avoided many problems.  Most police were very professional towards me, and the one significant exception still resulted in a fairly positive outcome simply because I bit my tongue and didn't let him bait me into giving him an excuse.

My dad was a deputy US Marshal for a time, and I have friends and neighbors who are with city police or the local sheriff's department.  I wouldn't want any of these good people to ever be hurt.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#38]
RIP

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You think so?

At home, I would tend to lean towards the usual friend or family issue.  

Sucks and RIP, but I'm not ready to blame the race war just yet.

ETA:  And this is the panhandle of Texas, not exactly an area known for a large black population.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another #blacklivesmatter hit

You think so?

At home, I would tend to lean towards the usual friend or family issue.  

Sucks and RIP, but I'm not ready to blame the race war just yet.

ETA:  And this is the panhandle of Texas, not exactly an area known for a large black population.

Abilene is the "Big Country" part of Texas.  Happened in Callahan county, very low (almost no) black population.

I'm not going to lay blame on "#Blacklivesmatter" at this point, it is likely a domestic issue versus a Peace Officer being targeted.

Let's wait until the investigation is complete and facts are gathered before we jump to conclusion (like other groups tend to).
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

With the exception of one "oh well" comment in a completely different thread, this site has stood beside the LE community, in outrage, over the unprovoked killing of police in the last 2 weeks.

Like it or not you're our police god damn it, and we get pissed when shit heads target yall.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
they are trying to get people to not want to become a police officer. It won't work.
View Quote

One possible effect of the post-Darren Wilson event (where Wilson was screwed over by people who should have defended him) is that police may avoid making valid arrests.  Their decision making in life and death situations may be impacted by the threat of being thrown under the bus to placate black/liberal/media racists.

I am not a cop so I don't have insight into how events of the last year have impacted them.  If I am close to right....and this is not a view developed by me.....then cops may be at increased risk which means that the rest of us are also at increased risk.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much a spot on view of Abilene.
And, yes, we have an Olive Garden AND a Red Lobster that are considered 'upscale' here lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

What thread are you reading?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome link to evidence. Please share where you got the info

ETA looks like folks jumping the  gun
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, this has zilch to do with those terrorists at BLM , and I am very doubtful as to a cartel.

I wish it was.  It would give me somewhere to direct my anger and frustration.  Instead I am left sorrowful and confused

And I had a moment of clarity last night.  Not going into details because OPSEC, but Im willing to wager I am right and have this solved.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, this has zilch to do with those terrorists at BLM , and I am very doubtful as to a cartel.

I wish it was.  It would give me somewhere to direct my anger and frustration.  Instead I am left sorrowful and confused

And I had a moment of clarity last night.  Not going into details because OPSEC, but Im willing to wager I am right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I had a moment of clarity last night.  Not going into details because OPSEC, but Im willing to wager I am right.

Sorry to hear man.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear man.

Thanks bud.  
Shitty situation
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#48]
For the folks claiming that BLM did it...

Stop

Stop it now

Mass hysteria doesn't help matters. Accusations made without evidence is sloppy and idiotic. We don't know why he was murdered. It could have been a domestic, a burglary, he could have been crooked and snubbed out by rivals, etc... it could have been anything right now.

Randomly claiming that Black Americans are killing cops in an organized manner is down right distasteful and stupid. Not every person of color is associated with BLM. Are their radicals within the Black Community in America? Yes. Is every Black American a radical? No. Is there a unified Black Community in America? No.

Blacks from the Caribbean, Africa, and elsewhere have no cultural connections whatsoever to Black Americans. They distance themselves from it and furthermore; many Black Americans don't even see eye to eye with BLM.

Some wonder why the opinions that Arfcom is turning into Stormfront and that this place is full of closet 88ers.... well, when the bandwagon of shit like this starts.... there is your answer.

Conduct a proper investigation, gather facts and evidence, then you can start forming a reason why he was killed. Until then.... stay quite and don't make us look like asshats online.

This bandwagon shit leads to reasons why Genocides can happen. THINK PEOPLE! DON'T JUST ACT ON EMOTION!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

One possible effect of the post-Darren Wilson event (where Wilson was screwed over by people who should have defended him) is that police may avoid making valid arrests.  Their decision making in life and death situations may be impacted by the threat of being thrown under the bus to placate black/liberal/media racists..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
they are trying to get people to not want to become a police officer. It won't work.

One possible effect of the post-Darren Wilson event (where Wilson was screwed over by people who should have defended him) is that police may avoid making valid arrests.  Their decision making in life and death situations may be impacted by the threat of being thrown under the bus to placate black/liberal/media racists..

It's already happening, the commissioner in NYC recent admitted at a press conference that it's one of the reasons why arrests are down and crime is up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is a small dose of common sense for you...

BLM calls for and get police murdered, precedent has been set.

They have opened the flood gates not only to their people, but also anyone who either believes they have been wronged by police, or believes they can get away it under the cover of all these other murders of officers. (think the modern version of dressing up like an Indian to torch a rival ranchers barn/house/equipment/feed during the indian wars)

Either way, NO MATTER THE RACE OF THE KILLER, Black lives matter is fully at fault for this shit.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top