BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Police shift from manhunt to 'investigation phase' in killing of police officer in Fox Lake, Ill., though 3 suspects remain at large, says CNN citing unnamed commander - @Reuters

View Quote

That sucks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That sucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Police shift from manhunt to 'investigation phase' in killing of police officer in Fox Lake, Ill., though 3 suspects remain at large, says CNN citing unnamed commander - @Reuters

That sucks.

I regret this bump.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

What does this change signify?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that as they don't believe they have the killers withing the cordon.  With the very little suspect description out so far it sounds like it will be tough for the investigation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is the "Ford F150" sitting somewhere and in custody?  Or, did they leave in it?  

I'm assuming they have the truck, and that is why they are searching the area.  If they have the truck they have the identity of someone.  I'm betting they know more than is being released.
View Quote

Wondering the same about the truck, may have been a stolen vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I read that as they don't believe they have the killers withing the cordon.  With the very little suspect description out so far it sounds like it will be tough for the investigation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck.  Thanks for the explanation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't really understand the huge manhunt.  It looked like they had only the most basic description of the three suspects. If they knew their names or had pictures of then I could see the all out manhunt.  I don't know what they expected to find with so little info to go off. Seemed to me like the three guys could split up and go home and no one would have a clue. Unless they had some info they weren't sharing with the media/publuc.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#11]
What I'm getting from folks involved is that the bad guys are not in the immediate search area. They probably escaped prior to the area being cordoned off. It also sounds like they have no clue so far who the bad guys even are. If there was any DNA evidence left behind they should have that info today.
Hopefully some evidence turns up or someone rats these bastards out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard on the scanner last night that a pickup was spotted with two white males up front and a male suspiciously "crouching" in the back...

Same truck?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't really understand the huge manhunt.  It looked like they had only the most basic description of the three suspects. If they knew their names or had pictures of then I could see the all out manhunt.  I don't know what they expected to find with so little info to go off. Seemed to me like the three guys could split up and go home and no one would have a clue. Unless they had some info they weren't sharing with the media/publuc.
View Quote

It's sounds like they setup a 2x2 mile perimeter around the crime scene yesterday and did a through door-to-door search and they killers got away. Now, they are focusing on the gross/trace evidence left behind. Sounds like the killers just drove away in a vehicle, now they have to figure out who the hell the 3 men are. They have some video evidence but not enough. If they physcially removed the officers gun, they may get some usable DNA especially if there was a struggle and the DNA is already in CODIS.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's sounds like they setup a 2x2 mile perimeter around the crime scene yesterday and did a through door-to-door search and they killers got away. Now, they are focusing on the gross/trace evidence left behind. Sounds like the killers just drove away in a vehicle, now they have to figure out who the hell the 3 men are. They have some video evidence but not enough. If they physcially removed the officers gun, they may get some usable DNA especially if there was a struggle and the DNA is already in CODIS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

According to the above quoted post, the F150 was right in front of his house and the cops told those guys to leave.

At this point I still don't know if they are on foot or in a vehicle or if the officer made a traffic stop or the suspicious people were seen on foot.  There is not very much
information coming out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the "Ford F150" sitting somewhere and in custody?  Or, did they leave in it?  

I'm assuming they have the truck, and that is why they are searching the area.  If they have the truck they have the identity of someone.  I'm betting they know more than is being released.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Report of a black guy and a white guy, early 20s, in an older model black Ford pickup.

Holy shit, that was right in front of my house.  Kid you not.  Cops showed up, told them to gtfo. No ID check or anything.

I was watching them as well.  Black F150. was parked a good 10 minutes before Nancy next door, called it in.

Cops came from 2 different directions as well.    I waited a few more minutes to head out to the mailbox...

According to the above quoted post, the F150 was right in front of his house and the cops told those guys to leave.

At this point I still don't know if they are on foot or in a vehicle or if the officer made a traffic stop or the suspicious people were seen on foot.  There is not very much
information coming out.

I only saw 2 white guys in the front seat.  Extended cab with tinted rear windows, so if a dude was in the back,
I couldn't tell.   If that turns out to be the suspect vehicle, I'm gonna be pissed at my PD for not even checking ID.
Cops were only at the truck window for maybe 30 seconds max.
Back window had Ducks Unlimited  sticker on the left, and a Browning
logo on the right.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I heard on the scanner last night that a pickup was spotted with two white males up front and a male suspiciously "crouching" in the back...

Same truck?
View Quote

That makes sense ...in a mostly white area a black guy will stand out.....two white guys in a pickup in a mostly white rural area
not so much...he's a liability and will hopefully be what tips folks off...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am very sure that all of the police in the area have the capture of the suspects as their number one priority.  I'm sure that the officers that let the F150 go had no doubt that the occupants were not the suspects.  If there would have been the slightest question, they would have been detained.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only saw 2 white guys in the front seat.  Extended cab with tinted rear windows, so if a dude was in the back,
I couldn't tell.   If that turns out to be the suspect vehicle, I'm gonna be pissed at my PD for not even checking ID.
Cops were only at the truck window for maybe 30 seconds max.
Back window had Ducks Unlimited  sticker on the left, and a Browning
logo on the right.  

I am very sure that all of the police in the area have the capture of the suspects as their number one priority.  I'm sure that the officers that let the F150 go had no doubt that the occupants were not the suspects.  If there would have been the slightest question, they would have been detained.

That was my thought as well.  Plus, we had no reason to think the guys were even in a vehicle at all.  I'm sure LE had more pertinent info than me, or they would
have proceeded very differently when they approached the truck.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#20]
My guess is the black guy went back to his nest in Chicago or Rockford. One of them will brag, or a long shot, has a soul and will confess. Only one did the shooting, the other 2 don't want life in prison (no death penalty in Illinois) with him.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Three suspects and i bet at least one of them has bragged about it or told someone other than his 2 other buddies what they did.

Only a matter of time before they are caught.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Three suspects and i bet at least one of them has bragged about it or told someone other than his 2 other buddies what they did.

Only a matter of time before they are caught.
View Quote

This.

Murders involving more than one perp usually don't stay unsolved for long.  One will talk.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I was really hoping that after a long day at work, that I'd come back to some good news.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmm. scanner just got sporty.  Male white and male black attempting to hitch a ride to Wi.
Vague at this point, but both men took off into the big field to the SW of rt.12 and 120 in Volo.
Helo enroute to the area....  Pretty much corn there for about 500 acres or so.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hmm. scanner just got sporty.  Male white and male black attempting to hitch a ride to Wi.

Vague at this point, but both men took off into the big field to the SW of rt.12 and 120 in Volo.

View Quote

Off to google maps....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please do keep us updated
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Shutting down Gilmer Rd & Callahan. That's in Wauconda.

I'm listening to the Lake County Sheriff's Dept feed.

Link

There have been reports of a guy running, two guys arguing in a red pickup.

The guy running is in Lakemoor.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I hope it's them. Corn doesn't do much for when the helos are using NV and Flir.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Jeez.. news helo is already there, Air One isn't.   http://www.whpd.org/leac/homeframe.html

Now something involving Portillos, dude in white shirt running.  What a cluster..

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perfect rows of corn for the dogs to hunt in...turn loose the noses with teeth.

Listened to the feed helo to ground and you can hear dogs barking in the background
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#34]
CBS 2 has a helo overhead and has been showing live coverage.  They said the search is going on in the field near Hoffman Garden Center.  That's in Volo, southeast of the intersection of Routes 12 and 120.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#35]
i live 2 min from 12 and 120.....popping pmags.....will update in a few
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Bastards are 3 miles from me.  I can hear the helos again.   I really needed sleep after yesterday.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

Dang...that's creeping up there on the pucker index.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn, I have family at 12 and 61. Stay safe if you are out that way.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well, if you get 'em don't forget to post pics before they haul the carcasses away.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if you get 'em don't forget to post pics before they haul the carcasses away.  

Do we need DNR tags?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#41]
I've got friends off 120, a bit west of 31. Too late to call them, but they're sensible folk and keep their doors locked.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Someone was definitely just yelling over radio.

And now running from how breathing and speech sound.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've got friends off 120, a bit west of 31. Too late to call them, but they're sensible folk and keep their doors locked.
View Quote

I'm off 120, just west of 12, so this is certainly interesting.

Report of male in black t-shirt running down (something something drive) in Lakemoor.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like one officer was running from his being out of breath while on the radio.

Four Seasons Blvd in Lakemoor seems to be the hot spot.

Palatine (my town) is sending K-9.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Oh probably--it's Illinoisistan.  Worth it though!

Just be careful!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we need DNR tags?

Oh probably--it's Illinoisistan.  Worth it though!

Just be careful!

No tags needed for coyote.  "he looked scraggly and furry to me officer"  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sounds like one officer was running from his being out of breath while on the radio.

View Quote

Thats good get them panicky in the corn maze let the dogs get 'em
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

According to Google maps, Four Seasons Bvld is NW of 12/120.  That's one subdivision east of me.

Edit: 590 Summer Blvd possible sighting, too, same subdivision as Four Seasons and the Lakemoor Golf Course, all mentioned on the scanner.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

According to Google maps, Four Seasons Bvld is NW of 12/120.  That's one subdivision east of me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pucker time!

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

t's also damn near directly across the street from the Lakemoor police department.  How interesting...
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top