BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 47
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually they decided that every state must issue licenses to approve gay marriage.  That is, has been throughout the entirety of history in the US, and remains, a legislative function.  So he's right, and as Thomas and Scalia said in their dissents, SCOTUS has set itself up as the supreme legislative body in the US, unelected and without any checks or balances.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:Tyranny is not two people you don't know getting married. North Korea is an example of tyranny.

Tyranny is replacing a representative democracy by endowing an unelected combination of 5 lawyers super-legislative powers.  Perhaps you missed that?

They threw out a law for violating the constitution.  It is their job to interpret it and other laws.  The can't and have not created a new law.  This is not a new thing, at all and it certainly is not tyranny.  

Actually they decided that every state must issue licenses to approve gay marriage.  That is, has been throughout the entirety of history in the US, and remains, a legislative function.  So he's right, and as Thomas and Scalia said in their dissents, SCOTUS has set itself up as the supreme legislative body in the US, unelected and without any checks or balances.

No, they overturned all those laws put into place defining marriage as solely between a man and a woman.   If what you say is true, why were any of those laws necessary in the first place?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No, they overturned all those laws put into place defining marriage as solely between a man and a woman.   If what you say is true, why were any of those laws necessary in the first place?

View Quote

Of course they were necessary. The call to redefine marriage has been raging for two decades. The writing was on the wall. Eventually the cultural left was going to push for nationwide redefinition of marriage. The SCOTUS ruling proves the necessity of these laws.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The bigger question is why are are electing what is essentially a paper pusher?
View Quote

sounds like every other person we elect

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:Tyranny is not two people you don't know getting married. North Korea is an example of tyranny.

Tyranny is replacing a representative democracy by endowing an unelected combination of 5 lawyers super-legislative powers.  Perhaps you missed that?

They threw out a law for violating the constitution.  It is their job to interpret it and other laws.  The can't and have not created a new law.  This is not a new thing, at all and it certainly is not tyranny.  

Because marriage is and has been a function of the legislature for the entirety of the existence of the United States...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow this lady has my respect.  Pretty smart move.  She chose not to discriminate and stop all license issuing.  Really what it needs to be now that the gov in there infinite wisdom has decided that marriage is defined as whatever is convenient today.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
She's not doing the job she was elected to perform.  In most career fields that gets you fired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I don't agree that using "God's authority" as the reason for your actions, she could simply say she has strong personal convictions and will not follow through with the order.  But with that aside, I applaud her for standing up to these assholes.

She is refusing to issue licenses to ANYBODY, not just gay couples.

She's not doing the job she was elected to perform.  In most career fields that gets you fired.
well it will be interesting to see what the people that elected her have to say about that,could be she is representing the people that elected her..

fuck it,the president gets to decide what laws he wants to enforce why not everyone else..

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm gonna call your bluff on that one. It might make you feel good, but blindly asserting something untrue doesn't make it true.
View Quote

“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.”
— Judge Leon M. Bazile, January 6, 1959

"Because of its interpretation of Biblical principles regarding interracial dating, Bob Jones University completely excluded black applicants until 1971, and from 1971 until 1975, admitted black students only if they were married. After 1975, the University began to admit unmarried black applicants, but continued to deny "admission to applicants engaged in an interracial marriage or known to advocate interracial marriage or dating." The University also imposed a disciplinary rule that prohibited interracial dating." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Jones_University_v._United_States

"St. Paul referred to the broader meaning of these laws against hybridization, and against yoking an ox and an ass to a plow (Deut. 22:10), in II Corinthians 6:14. . . . Unequal yoking plainly means mixed marriages between believers and unbelievers and is clearly forbidden. But Deuteronomy 22:10 not only forbids unequal religious yoking by inference, and as a case law, but also unequal yoking generally. This means that an unequal marriage between believers or between unbelievers is wrong. Man was created in the image of God (Gen. 1:26), and woman in the reflected image of God in man, and from man (I Cor. 11:1-12; Gen. 2:18, 21-23). “Helpmeet” means a reflection or mirror, an image of man, indicating that a woman must have something religiously and culturally in common with her husband. The burden of the law is thus against inter-religious, inter-racial, and inter-cultural marriages, in that they normally go against the very community which marriage is designed to establish." theologian R.J. Rushdoony

"One of them asked him [President Truman] whether integration would lead to intermarriage. "I hope not," Truman retorted. "I don't believe in it. What's the word about four feet long? Miscegenation? The Lord created it that way. You read your Bible, and you'll find out". Pressed further, he asked whether a newspaperman would want his daughter to marry a Negro. "If she loved him," the man answered. "She won't love somebody that's not her color," Truman responded."
Google Books link

etc., etc., etc.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I hope she is made to realize it doesn't work that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

While I don't agree that using "God's authority" as the reason for your actions, she could simply say she has strong personal convictions and will not follow through with the order.  But with that aside, I applaud her for standing up to these assholes.

I hope she is made to realize it doesn't work that way.
dont worry you will get a license

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm gonna call your bluff on that one. It might make you feel good, but blindly asserting something untrue doesn't make it true.
View Quote

Oh come on. Are you seriously denying that people have used the Bible for 2000 years to enforce their own prejudices?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I didn't list alternatives that are fucking retarded, sorry.  

She could also stand on top of her car and sing the star spangled banner with a kazoo stuck up her ass.  It would make about as much sense as her current idiocy, but at least she wouldn't be abusing her position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:   If you have a moral objection to doing your job, then the moral response is to quit and go do something else OR do the job under protest while working to get the system changed. I'm not sure why that has to explained to supposedly conservative board.

No need to explain.  Its WRONG.  You have not presented an exhaustive list of the alternatives, which include what she is doing.

I didn't list alternatives that are fucking retarded, sorry.  

She could also stand on top of her car and sing the star spangled banner with a kazoo stuck up her ass.  It would make about as much sense as her current idiocy, but at least she wouldn't be abusing her position.

lol
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh come on. Are you seriously denying that people have used the Bible for 2000 years to enforce their own prejudices?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Standard ARF Operating Procedure: Deny everything, admit nothing.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in the slightest. I'm arguing against his specific claim in the quote above mine which you cut out.

Did any of you take basic logic? Good grief!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.”

"Because of its interpretation of Biblical principles regarding interracial dating, Bob Jones University completely excluded black applicants until 1971, and from 1971 until 1975, admitted black students only if they were married. After 1975, the University began to admit unmarried black applicants, but continued to deny "admission to applicants engaged in an interracial marriage or known to advocate interracial marriage or dating." The University also imposed a disciplinary rule that prohibited interracial dating." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Jones_University_v._United_States

Ok

"St. Paul referred to the broader meaning of these laws against hybridization, and against yoking an ox and an ass to a plow (Deut. 22:10), in II Corinthians 6:14. . . . Unequal yoking plainly means mixed marriages between believers and unbelievers and is clearly forbidden. But Deuteronomy 22:10 not only forbids unequal religious yoking by inference, and as a case law, but also unequal yoking generally. This means that an unequal marriage between believers or between unbelievers is wrong. Man was created in the image of God (Gen. 1:26), and woman in the reflected image of God in man, and from man (I Cor. 11:1-12; Gen. 2:18, 21-23). “Helpmeet” means a reflection or mirror, an image of man, indicating that a woman must have something religiously and culturally in common with her husband. The burden of the law is thus against inter-religious, inter-racial, and inter-cultural marriages, in that they normally go against the very community which marriage is designed to establish." theologian R.J. Rushdoony

"One of them asked him [President Truman] whether integration would lead to intermarriage. "I hope not," Truman retorted. "I don't believe in it. What's the word about four feet long? Miscegenation? The Lord created it that way. You read your Bible, and you'll find out". Pressed further, he asked whether a newspaperman would want his daughter to marry a Negro. "If she loved him," the man answered. "She won't love somebody that's not her color," Truman responded."
Google Books link

etc., etc., etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok

Google Books link

etc., etc., etc.

Ok, so you found some examples from the Jim Crow South. Surprise, surprise. But that's hardly "all of church history" like you claimed.

You'll need to dig deeper. We've been around for over 2000 years, 4000 if you count Israel.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Based on the past.

If you went by the past, Paul wouldn't have wrote a big hunk of the New testament, would he?
View Quote

Based on her past this woman is not a good spokesperson to comment and regulate what she feels is the sanctity of marriage.

Paul and Jesus might disagree with me but repenting for something you violated for YEARS in a SERIOUS manner does not allow you to then become the arbitrator of all things you violated so seriously in the past.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
why should I have to get the government's permission to get married?   Who gave the government the authority to decide who can marry and who cannot?

The word "marriage" does not appear in the Constitution.

Get the government out of the business of marriage.
View Quote

THIS 100%
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#16]
This thread should have had a poll.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Because under due process of the law, as an agent of the state she is required to provide them a license.  Aka "Her job."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I fail to understand, if she feels so strongly in her beliefs, why don't she just quit?  Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Why should she quit her job because a couple of lunatics that no one elected decided to redefine civilization?

Because under due process of the law, as an agent of the state she is required to provide them a license.  Aka "Her job."

So after Sandy Hook, when it seemed like a new assault weapons ban was imminent, and all those sheriffs came out and said "Fuck you! Pass whatever you want but we won't enforce it and if you send agents here to try and enforce then we'll arrest them!", those guys should all be sitting in jail cells and be replaced by people who would follow orders?

Rule of Law is great and all, until the people making the laws go batshit fucking crazy and start trying to redefine the fabric of human civilization. When that happens, someone needs to tell them to go fuck themselves.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What's SJW?
View Quote

Social Justice Warrior.

The left's version of the religious right.

People who feel constantly persecuted by everyone.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:29:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ok, so you found some examples from the Jim Crow South. Surprise, surprise. But that's hardly "all of church history" like you claimed.

You'll need to dig deeper. We've been around for over 2000 years, 4000 if you count Israel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok

Google Books link

etc., etc., etc.

I'm sorry, but please do a little bit of research. It's not like whites and blacks (or Jews [Hi Martin Luther, reformationists], etc.) were holding hands and singing Kumbaya pre-Jim Crow. People used the bible to justify their prejudice, same with many other religions (Hindus and the caste system, etc.). They sincerely believe this too. I know it might be tough to admit, but the Christianity that you believe in where blacks and whites sing songs together and is totally cool with interracial marriage is fairly new. Historically, even the concept of inter-faith marriage was taboo.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:35:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Social Justice Warrior.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's SJW?

Social Justice Warrior.

Does that include TomJefferson who thinks the cattle cars are coming because people acting on behalf of the state aren't allowed to enforce his religious views [even though that's been the case since at least Loving v. Virginia]?

Quoted:
I can't think of a one they missed other than Kulags, but hey look on the bright side, when the liberals are staring up at the fake shower head knowing the gas is coming, they can go "Whoopie, Gays can get married"

They should probably start jailing the Amish next.  

Tj

Quoted:
Believe me man, being in management most of my career being able to put people in jail for doing half assed work is almost a dream come true.  The problem is, that cattle car just keeps on coming and we, especially gun owners are next.   Tj
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:38:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I wonder if she refused to issue marriage licenses to couples who'd been living in sin?  Maybe only if they repented for their sinful behavior?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:47:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do you know why we have second amendment right to keep an bear arms?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Do you know why we have second amendment right to keep an bear arms?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Four of the nine Supreme Court Justices did not feel the court had the right to do this
and stated so in their dissenting opinion.

You know what we call them, whether we like it or not?

The losing side.

In case a bunch of lawyers in robes don't let us oppress the gays?

I don't know, you tell me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:48:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Does that include TomJefferson who thinks the cattle cars are coming because people acting on behalf of the state aren't allowed to enforce his religious views?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's SJW?

Social Justice Warrior.

Does that include TomJefferson who thinks the cattle cars are coming because people acting on behalf of the state aren't allowed to enforce his religious views?
Quoted:

I can't think of a one they missed other than Kulags, but hey look on the bright side, when the liberals are staring up at the fake shower head knowing the gas is coming, they can go "Whoopie, Gays can get married"

They should probably start jailing the Amish next.  

Tj

Quoted:

Believe me man, being in management most of my career being able to put people in jail for doing half assed work is almost a dream come true.  The problem is, that cattle car just keeps on coming and we, especially gun owners are next.   Tj

Yay, site staff.

Where's the refund button...

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:09:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, but please do a little bit of research. It's not like whites and blacks (or Jews [Hi Martin Luther, reformationists], etc.) were holding hands and singing Kumbaya pre-Jim Crow. People used the bible to justify their prejudice, same with many other religions (Hindus and the caste system, etc.). They sincerely believe this too. I know it might be tough to admit, but the Christianity that you believe in where blacks and whites sing songs together and is totally cool with interracial marriage is fairly new. Historically, even the concept of inter-faith marriage was taboo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok

Google Books link

etc., etc., etc.

Says the man that cites Harry S. Truman as a biblical scholar.  Keep digging I will not stop you.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:19:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Feds have minimum conditions for any facility holding federal inmates. There was a funny court date I was at where a judge was trying to have a federal prisoner brought to our county for a court appearance. The sheriff got the list of demands that the feds had before allowing the inmate to be transported to the local jail for a few days for a local court appearance. The sheriff told the judge basically "LOL" so the Judge was left with the sheriff refusing to comply with the feds demands and the feds refusing to transport the prisoner despite the court order.  

Female pods, at least in rural areas, are usually pretty easy time. I know nothing about Kentucky but I bet the Feds are way way well aware they dont want Kim The Christian Clerk beat with a pillowcase full of bars of soap by a couple of ms13 girlfriends in jail for buying illegal guns
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
While I think gay marriage is dopey and the Supreme Court is just finding new constitutional rights based on which way the political winds blow, I've kind of abandoned the whole issue as a ship that has sailed. I still give her credit for being willing to get thrown in jail.  

I agree completely, but let's see how long her faith holds out locked in a cell and eating jail food.  It's a reality that most people have never dealt with, and if you've never been there before, it's a hell of a wake up call, specially if it's a big, county lockup.

Of course it could be worse, she could be in Sheriff Joe's Tent City and eating meals that were combined together and blended into a drink.  Nothing like jail fishticks, applesauce, choclate cake and milk all blended into a big shit milkshake.
The Feds have minimum conditions for any facility holding federal inmates. There was a funny court date I was at where a judge was trying to have a federal prisoner brought to our county for a court appearance. The sheriff got the list of demands that the feds had before allowing the inmate to be transported to the local jail for a few days for a local court appearance. The sheriff told the judge basically "LOL" so the Judge was left with the sheriff refusing to comply with the feds demands and the feds refusing to transport the prisoner despite the court order.  

Female pods, at least in rural areas, are usually pretty easy time. I know nothing about Kentucky but I bet the Feds are way way well aware they dont want Kim The Christian Clerk beat with a pillowcase full of bars of soap by a couple of ms13 girlfriends in jail for buying illegal guns

There aren't any MCC's in her area so she would most likely just be detained in the county jail. Since she has not been sentenced for anything she would not get sent to a regular institution. MCC's are where our pre trial detainees go. They are located in major cities that do the most business.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:23:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Based on her past this woman is not a good spokesperson to comment and regulate what she feels is the sanctity of marriage.

Paul and Jesus might disagree with me but repenting for something you violated for YEARS in a SERIOUS manner does not allow you to then become the arbitrator of all things you violated so seriously in the past.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on the past.

If you went by the past, Paul wouldn't have wrote a big hunk of the New testament, would he?

lol.....Paul persecuted, tortured and killed Christians.....so yeah...God will use even the worst of us.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:34:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

lol.....Paul persecuted, tortured and killed Christians.....so yeah...God will use even the worst of us.
View Quote

Paul repented and said the torture and killing of Christians was wrong.

I don't know if God would think a person who abused the sanctity of marriage so BADLY was now a good person to say who can or cannot get married.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:21:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I thought we were for state's rights here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So everybody needs to wait for years to get married? gonna be a lot of blue balls.  Since God Fearing Church goers don't have sex before marriage or outside of marriage?

States' rights, like Illinois and its gun laws.

Chicago can ban handguns, right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So everybody needs to wait for years to get married? gonna be a lot of blue balls.  Since God Fearing Church goers don't have sex before marriage or outside of marriage?

The Constitution is pretty clear on the issue of Illinois and its gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:39:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're telling me the constitution doesn't say that the right of gays to keep and bear marriage licenses shall not be infringed?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:41:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So you're telling me the constitution doesn't say that the right of gays to keep and bear marriage licenses shall not be infringed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I can recall.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. You made the assertion; let us see you defend it.

And that's ignoring the fallacy that just because a "religion" or other organized system of beliefs was or is used to justify reprehensible things invalidates those beliefs. If that were the case, the modern religion of secular humanism would be long ago invalidated. Anyone can co-opt a religion's teachings to justify their prejudices, etc. It comes down to what is ultimately true. You DO believe there is an absolute truth, right?

(Hint: It's mentioned extensively in the Declaration of Independence and ultimately forms the basis for that document.)
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:09:22 AM EDT
[#34]
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/paul-backs-clerk-gay-marriage-firing
I'll stand with Rand on this
Accommodation can be made for all involved, if this is really about getting married and not shoving an agenda down the throat of the Christians

And under the heading of "Unintended Consequences" there's this
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2015/sep/03/judge-declines-divorce-case-citing-gay-marria/323201/
If th Feds take marriage away from the states to define then they must define divorce as well
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think anyone has appointed her as a spokesperson.
The government is certainly using her as an example. If you don't accept the agenda you will be jailed.

Soon enough people will get the message and we will all be able to move on to the next  liberation struggle - whatever that may be.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my opinion, if she is using the word of God, or the Holy Christian Bible as her guide and standard as a reason for her actions, then she is essentially doing so using God's authority according to the decision as it has been made by her to resist.
This is what some Christians believe.
I believe that she is doing the right thing, or at least believe that her motivation is in the right place..
Some don't do these things, calling attention according to what the Bible has to say because they loath or hate homosexuals or anyone.
They do it because they are simply following what the word of God has to say as a command to all believers.
Many however, disagree with this process, but at least we all still have the right to say what is on our minds about many subjects and issues, not just the controversial ones
that seem to bring conflict and misunderstanding sometimes.
I believe that we all should feel somewhat grateful about that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

She's standing up for what's right. The ATF isn't, that's the difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
God bless this woman.  She has principals and bigger balls than any of our other so called "conservatives".

Yet when ATF makes up their own rules because of how they feel, we get upset.  I smell hypocrisy....

Then there is NO difference.

Both are making up their own rules and ignoring the law.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#38]
According to an article online, she's a registered democrat.

If true, I love it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
God bless this woman.  She has principals and bigger balls than any of our other so called "conservatives".

Yet when ATF makes up their own rules because of how they feel, we get upset.  I smell hypocrisy....

If murder were made legal or something just as ridiculous because of absurd political considerations and bribery, then would you kill?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If murder where made legal or something just as ridiculous because of absurd political considerations and bribery, then would you kill?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If murder where made legal or something just as ridiculous because of absurd political considerations and bribery, then would you kill?

It already is, it's called abortion. And the leftist's love abortion just as much as gay marriage.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#41]
I think we can give her a pass on the democrap alliance. I salute her for taking a moral stand against state sponsored depravity. Marriage is the Union of man and woman, period.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think we can give her a pass on the democrap alliance. I salute her for taking a moral stand against state sponsored depravity. Marriage is the Union of man and woman, period.
View Quote

The Bible states that it only take one generation (approx. 40 years) to throw the teachings and precepts of the word of God behind their backs as a nation.
Then the decline of that nation will come in the form of God's judgment against it.
I have seen this as truth according to the usual invasions which take place after decline, which I believe are already set in places from several sources in America currently, as many already know about these threats, not just Christians and these are the facts.
These are the Biblical truths currently as we understand them about what is going on with our own country.
Some feel a need to become active about these issues.
If so, then I applaud her in her actions.
There is a much bigger picture here according to unjust laws, than many care to address or analyze.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Says the man that cites Harry S. Truman as a biblical scholar.  Keep digging I will not stop you.
View Quote

I'm citing him as using the bible as justification. Try reading again [I know it's difficult for you].

Google books link
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well excuse me for thinking people actually studied history and understand such things a "Metaphor".  

I anxiously await those of you who applaud this and don't live in "Shall Issue" states long list of Sheriffs put in jail for not issuing gun permits.  BTW, That's not a metaphor, its a direct comparison regarding a constitutional right that is enumerated in the Constitution and one that isn't.  
View Quote

Should've told all the people in Aushwitz that they were free to leave at anytime, like Kim Davis is.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Should've told all the people in Aushwitz that they were free to leave at anytime, like Kim Davis is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well excuse me for thinking people actually studied history and understand such things a "Metaphor".  

I anxiously await those of you who applaud this and don't live in "Shall Issue" states long list of Sheriffs put in jail for not issuing gun permits.  BTW, That's not a metaphor, its a direct comparison regarding a constitutional right that is enumerated in the Constitution and one that isn't.  

Speaking of the Holocaust, maybe people should look into how exactly Europe and pretty much the whole world didn't give two shits about Jews and the history of Christian anti-Semitism. No, it was not the only motivating factor but it definitely played a part.

The Church Fathers identified Jews and Judaism with heresy and declared the people of Israel to be extra Deum (lat. "outside of God"). Saint Peter of Antioch referred to Christians that refused to worship religious images as having "Jewish minds".

Patristic bishops of the patristic era such as Augustine argued that the Jews should be left alive and suffering as a perpetual reminder of their murder of Christ.

Like his anti-Jewish teacher, St. Ambrose of Milan, he defined Jews as a special subset of those damned to hell. As "Witness People", he sanctified collective punishment for the Jewish deicide and enslavement of Jews to Catholics: "Not by bodily death, shall the ungodly race of carnal Jews perish (..) 'Scatter them abroad, take away their strength. And bring them down O Lord". Augustine mentioned to "love" the Jews but as a means to convert them to Christianity. Sometimes he identified all Jews with the evil Judas and developed the doctrine (together with St. Cyprian) that there was "no salvation outside the Church".

Other Church Fathers, such as John Chrysostom went longer in their condemnation. The Catholic editor Paul Harkins wrote that St. John Chrysostom's anti-Jewish theology "is no longer tenable (..) For these objectively unchristian acts he cannot be excused, even if he is the product of his times." John Chrysostom held, as most Church Fathers did, that the sins of all Jews were communal and endless, to him his Jewish neighbours were the collective representation of all alleged crimes of all preexisting Jews.All Church Fathers applied the passages of the New Testament concerning the alleged advocation of the crucifixion of Christ to all Jews of his day, the Jews were the ultimate evil. However, John Chrysostom went so far to say that because Jews rejected the Christian God in human flesh, Christ, they therefore deserved to be killed: "grew fit for slaughter." In citing the New Testament,[Luke 19:27] he claimed that Jesus was speaking about Jews when he said, "as for these enemies of mine who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me."

St. Jerome's anti-Judaism identified Jews with Judas Iscariot and the immoral use of money ("Judas is cursed, that in Judas the Jews may be accursed (..) their prayers turn into sins"). Jerome's homiletical assaults, that may have served as the basis for the anti-Jewish Good Friday liturgy, contrasts Jews with the evil, and that "the ceremonies of the Jews are harmful and deadly to Christians", whoever keeps them was doomed to the devil : "My enemies are the Jews; they have conspired in hatred against Me, crucified Me, heaped evils of all kinds upon Me, blasphemed Me."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_antisemitism#Church_Fathers

Again, there's more but people actually need to do a little bit of research.

People have nouveau-Christianity now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The recent Supreme Court ruling would tend to disprove your statement highlighted in red.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The recent Supreme Court ruling would tend to disprove your statement highlighted in red.  

The recent Supreme Court ruling, written by Kennedy (1 man) and supported by 4 other Supreme Court Judges (5 people in total) which swept aside over a century in SCOTUS jurisprudence on the matter, disproves my statement?

I suppose Wickard v. Filburn disproves the notion that the Congress is limited only to those powers enumerated in Article 1 Section 8 due to the so-called Interstate Commerce Clause.  (This jurisprudence still stands today)

I suppose Plessy v. Ferguson disproves the notion that people must be treated equally by Government because "Separate but equal" is A-O.K.. .  (This jurisprudence still stood until 1954 and can be traced back to much of the racial animosity we are seeing today)

I suppose Scott v. Sandford disproves the notions that people of color who were brought into this country as property can ever be real people or anything other than chattel.   (This jurisprudence helped to kick off a Civil War in which 600,000+ Americans were butchered like cattle and every major industrial center in the South was destroyed)

I suppose both Heller and McDonald disprove the notion that your Second Amendment protects your ability to keep and bear arms because both of those cases merely stated you have the right to own a handgun, of some unknown type, in your home and that the states cannot force you to render that handgun inoperable.   (This jurisprudence still stands today and is currently being used to justify the denial of your right to keep and bear arms in many ways)

You keep hanging your hat on ONE opinion written by 5 partisan jurists (whose votes on this matter were certain before the case was even argued); 2 of whom (Kagan and and Sotomayor) have actually engaged in the very lawless behavior you have found to be reprehensible as discussed in this thread.

I would also remind you that 4 of those 5 voted in one or both of Heller and McDonald to say you have no individual right to keep a ****ing HAND GUN in your home and the fifth, Justice Kennedy, appears to have wobbled on that one as well.

Quoted:As far as concealed carry permits, I don't think they should be required in the first place per the 2nd.

Your lovely SCOTUS apparently disagrees with you.  

They had the PERFECT chance to address this issue in Woollard v. Gallagher and the SCOTUS punted the ball allowing Maryland to continue discriminating against their people on concealed carry permits.

So much for logical, legal, or moral consistency.  

Quoted: Barring that, yes, states should be required to recognize out of state permits.

SCOTUS disagrees.  

Quoted:Do you want to be the test case?  The local federal court forced our state to have concealed carry permits so it is somewhat friendly for that purpose.  I will even pitch in $100 for your legal defense if you chose to go this route.

We already had the test case and SCOTUS denied Certiorari.

Where the hell have you been?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The 14th amendment states this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The 14th amendment states this.

Would you like to know how I know you have most likely never read any of the jurisprudence on the 14th amendment prior to Obergefell v. Hodges (a case which I doubt you have even read)?

Quoted:What if this clerk refused to sell fishing licenses to people with tattoos?  Would that be OK?  

If that denial was in line with state law, apparently the SCOTUS thinks that would be O.k.

SCOTUS denied Certiorari for Woollard v. Gallagher.    Go read up on that case.

Quoted:Personally, I would rather not have the government at any level involved with personal relationships, but SSI and our income tax code put a couple of huge nails in that coffin.  (not the first or last but a big ones)

SSI and the Income tax are legal as per the 16th Amendment.   Social Security is a TAX (excise tax) as was argued before the SCOTUS (Helvering v. Davis).

Unlike marriage, the people of this country actually voted for an income tax (16th Amendment).

If you can convince a majority of Americans to vote for that stupidity surely you could have convinced them to amend the constitution to allow for same-sex marriage.    No, no, no; let's not bother with that otudated and antiquated system of government when we have FIVE men and women willing to do so on the SCOTUS.

As for you not wanting a government at any level involved with "personal relationships", I have bad news for you:  that is exactly what you have and it is not going any where.

Quoted:And once again, some people have no idea what the word "tyranny" means.  

You appear to be one of those people.    
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Enough little people can change everything...
View Quote

We're going to find out whether that still applies relatively soon.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Little old lady at the DMV or the County Clerk's office is the Statist.

Federal Agents locking people up for not adhering to their edicts are NOT.

Got it.

You guys got what you want, and you've clearly illustrated EXACTLY what WE predicted you were reallt about.

View Quote

Amen.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:25:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Where in Heller did the dissenting opinion state that the majority were over stepping their authority,
making laws rather than interpreting them, and destroying the rule of law in this country?

Quoted:

same with Heller and a lot of other decisions we like.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Four of the nine Supreme Court Justices did not feel the court had the right to do this
and stated so in their dissenting opinion.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Amendments are modified by amendment.  That's the way it is.  There is no such amendment sanctioning queer marriage, the majority decision contra-wise notwithstanding.  Since the Constitution is silent on this issue, it properly belongs to the States.

The tribunal with the authority to decide constitutional issues clearly disagrees with you. Whether you like it or not.

same with Heller and a lot of other decisions we like.  

Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top