BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So the Warthog (Jeep) Flipping like it's nothing didn't seem big deal to you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They just keep making the Spartans more and more like super heroes, they ruined Halo.

I dunno, I was always very underwhelmed with Master Chiefs powered armor in the Halo Universe. He seems like he's barely stronger than a pro body builder.

In the future, I'd hope their powered armor could give a guy the ability to lift shit 30-40 times his weight.

It's like that John Carter crap where one minute the guy can lift 10 tons like a toy, the next he's getting his ass kicked by people whose bodies are made for low gravity on Mars.

PRESS X TO FLIP TANK
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The opening cinematic shows four badasses destroying a wall of enemies in less than 2 minutes...

When the game starts, the lowest class enemy can kill you with three shots
View Quote

To be fair, watch the Halo 3 trailer.

It shows the Chief absolutely slaughtering scores of Brutes, Jackals, and Grunts, when in the game you tend to stay the fuck away from Brutes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Nathan Fillion is a human-shaped pile of barely-tapped potential. It's criminal that he's not getting bigger roles, especially in sci-fi or adventure films
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya know, when you fall or jump like that you move in a predictable ballistic arc....easy to target. Not that a huge radar reflector like a spartan is hard to track anyway.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The opening cinematic shows four badasses destroying a wall of enemies in less than 2 minutes...

When the game starts, the lowest class enemy can kill you with three shots
View Quote

you guys must be playing on legendary or something. In almost every version of the game in normal mode you can literally run through masses of enemies.  I made a game of it back in Halo CE considering how the level design supported it.  If you compare high level players going at it on normal mode the game doesn't feel much less ridiculous than that cinematic.  Now, I don't have an XBOX One and won't be getting Halo 5 I can resist the current gen of consoles.  So maybe this version is different.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Did you notice the mechanic where he climbs up the platform when he misses the jump.  Also the "ground pound" were those in MP for Halo 4? Honest question because that seems... helpful.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck Locke and his merry band of wannabe's.

John, Linda, Kelly and Fred are the OG crew.

The Spartan II subjects were the very best, raised to enhance their natural abilities and later made even better through augmentation and technology. They are true warriors.

The Spartan IV and V series were just jocks with high PT scores that were given budget enhancements and armor. They were never intended to be as valuable as the II series. They were purely made for quantity instead of quality.

Add in the fact that Chief is now some genetically altered Proto-human and the IV and V series are a joke. Buck is the only tolerable Spartan V that I've seen.

Also, Kilo-5 is still out there, and I want to know what they're doing.

Er, I mean, Halo is gay.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#9]
so many games coming out at the same time

Fallout 4
Halo 5
Star Wars
Black Ops III
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The Spartan II subjects were the very best, raised to enhance their natural abilities and later made even better through augmentation and technology. They are true warriors.

The Spartan IV and V series were just jocks with high PT scores that were given budget enhancements and armor. They were never intended to be as valuable as the II series. They were purely made for quantity instead of quality.

Add in the fact that Chief is now some genetically altered Proto-human and the IV and V series are a joke. Buck is the only tolerable Spartan V that I've seen.

Er, I mean, Halo is gay.
View Quote

Blue Team for the fucking win!

Also, why is the Arbiter even helping the Gestapo, er, I mean ONI?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fallout 4
Halo 5
Star Wars
Black Ops III
View Quote

240 dollars down the drain.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Gentlemen, I believe "Jumped the shark" is the phrase we are looking for.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll get it.  Hopefully there are nice holiday bundles this year.
View Quote

Holding out for this, You can also lock in the free games from Live Gold as well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Er, I mean, Halo is gay.
View Quote

word
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Er, I mean, Halo is gay.

The Arbiter is mostly a political figure now. He still believes the UNSC to be allies, completely oblivious to the fact that Kilo-5 and ONI have been supplying weapons to the insurgency on his homeworld. The cutscenes also imply that he only knew they were tracking a Spartan, not specifically 117 until Locke told him face to hinge head. I figure he'll try to dissuade Locke from hunting Chief, giving him a false lead or outright giving aid to Chief.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fallout 4
Halo 5
Star Wars
Black Ops III
View Quote

Rainbow Six got pushed back to December, thankfully.

The Battlefront beta is early October and MGO is supposed to go live on 6th October for consoles.

Choices, choices.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The Arbiter is mostly a political figure now. He still believes the UNSC to be allies, completely oblivious to the fact that Kilo-5 and ONI have been supplying weapons to the insurgency on his homeworld. The cutscenes also imply that he only knew they were tracking a Spartan, not specifically 117 until Locke told him face to hinge head. I figure he'll try to dissuade Locke from hunting Chief, giving him a false lead or outright giving aid to Chief.
View Quote

The UEG has become a very totalitarian government in that game, IMO.

Regardless, I hope John can kick Locke's ass, and hopefully find out if Cortana's really dead or not.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Click To View Spoiler

The UEG immediately restarted their war on independent colonies after the battle of Earth. The UEG is apparently ran by Putin's head in a jar or something.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

The UEG immediately restarted their war on independent colonies after the battle of Earth. The UEG is apparently ran by Putin's head in a jar or something.
View Quote

It seems that way. The UNSC is oddly fascist, in the Mussolini sort of way. I don't think they've quite devolved to Nazism yet.

And you wanna know something funny?

The Covenant didn't even bother with the independent human worlds. It was almost as if their genocidal beef was with the UEG.

Maybe because the Independents weren't a true threat to the Covenant like the UNSC was, but you'd think those two oddly had an alliance going on.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I find this interesting.

There is a theory out that the conflict we see in Halo between the UEG and the Covenant is actually an analogy of the Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage (264-146 B.C)

Carthago delenda est, anyone?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Did you notice the mechanic where he climbs up the platform when he misses the jump.  Also the "ground pound" were those in MP for Halo 4? Honest question because that seems... helpful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes, though it's only a slightly new addition to the std game play mechanic.  Call it how you like, but "Titanfall" upped the ante as far as FPS mechanics goes, & this seems to be a "me to" response to that.  I'm just not wowed by what I'm seeing so far.  If we could jump jet large distances around the MP map (& how about some MP space combat, like the small taste we got in "Reach", while we're at it?), that would be revolutionary.  But this looks to me like a hybrid booster + jet pack, with a rather short distance boost.  It's just not that much to me.  This IP needs to shake itself up, IMO.  Even the jump pack mechanic in "Battlefront" (you boost farther/higher) looks better than this (IMO).

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Meh... Still looks nothing like the Halo I fell in love with (1,2, sort of 3). I'm not a fan of all the gadgets and special moves, etc... Seems like game makers these days try to put all these flashy things in from other games to pull in more players, but in doing so they change around the way the game plays ruining it for the hardcore fans.

Don't have an Xbox One, and the way they've ruined Gears of War, Halo, and other games I like I doubt I ever will get one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Fallout 4

Halo 5

Star Wars

Black Ops III

View Quote

And that's why Black Ops 3 is the odd man out this year. I can just play Advanced Warfare to get my COD fix.  BO3 looks sketchy anyway.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Er, I mean, Halo is gay.
View Quote
Yup

That's because he's fucking Malcolm Reynolds in armor.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It seems that way. The UNSC is oddly fascist, in the Mussolini sort of way. I don't think they've quite devolved to Nazism yet.
The Covenant didn't even bother with the independent human worlds. It was almost as if their genocidal beef was with the UEG.
Maybe because the Independents weren't a true threat to the Covenant like the UNSC was, but you'd think those two oddly had an alliance going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

At first the Covenant traded with the Indies and even provided them with arms. But it was all a scam to have different human factions fight each other so the Covenant would have an easier time.

A similar event happened in Star Wars with the Yuuzhan Vong. They invaded the Galaxy and had humans and other species side with them and form the "Peace Brigade". It was lead by Thrackan Sal-Solo; Han Solo's first cousin.

In the end, the usual fate that happens to all collaborators happened. They got killed.

With the Indies in Halo, they were Human Colonies wanting independence from the UEG. The war with the Covenant drove those issues to the wayside and humanity united against a common threat. Extinction through eradication. But once that ended... the UEG cracked down on them again.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yup    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Er, I mean, Halo is gay.
Yup    

As far as I'm concerned, ODST was just a prequel to Firefly set during the war.

Other than the aliens.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Meh.  My Atlas Titan and 9/50 Pilot can whup all that Spartan ass.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No, the engine runs on hydrogen; they fill the tires up with it as well.  Explains the handling, super air hang times and ability to flip them back over one handed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They just keep making the Spartans more and more like super heroes, they ruined Halo.

I dunno, I was always very underwhelmed with Master Chiefs powered armor in the Halo Universe. He seems like he's barely stronger than a pro body builder.

In the future, I'd hope their powered armor could give a guy the ability to lift shit 30-40 times his weight.

It's like that John Carter crap where one minute the guy can lift 10 tons like a toy, the next he's getting his ass kicked by people whose bodies are made for low gravity on Mars.

No, the engine runs on hydrogen; they fill the tires up with it as well.  Explains the handling, super air hang times and ability to flip them back over one handed.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Other than the aliens.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Er, I mean, Halo is gay.
Yup    

Other than the aliens.

Well, the UNSC and UEG is pretty much the Alliance from Firefly. Sucks that Mal would fight for the UNSC instead of an Indie faction.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The story of Halo has gotten retarded and gay, that's what I mean.

I know most people don't care and it's all about multiplayer these days, story telling has really gone downhill in recent years for gaming all across the board.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really sure what you mean, but they were already Gary Stu characters when it was just Master Chief as one of the sole Spartan II's that survived.  

Sgt. Johnson was the last Spartan 1.  The Spartan III program was disposable soldiers, and the IV program is where they figured they could modify adults without killing them.  So 1/2 the cost of a Spartan II with 3/4 of the performance, but with the knowledgebase of a trained and experienced soldier already.

Quoted:

Spartan Buck. Fuck yes.

Damn it, I'll have to get a current-gen console now

They are doing big deals on Xbox one consoles right now.  Heck, Gamestop was doing $150 credit for turning in a 360 towards a One.  

They are also dropping the 'Elite' version of the system in a couple of weeks.  1tb hybrid drive instead of the 500gb sata, and the new Pro controller that is freaking awesome (and $150 on it's own)

We already have a big Destiny clan, and I anticipate a lot of us rocking Halo in the little free time Fallout 4 will allow.

All hail Fallout 4.

The story of Halo has gotten retarded and gay, that's what I mean.

I know most people don't care and it's all about multiplayer these days, story telling has really gone downhill in recent years for gaming all across the board.
Play Mass Effect 1,2,3. great game with great story telling.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Holy crap you're right about face capture.

I recognized Laura Bailey before she even said a word.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would think with mjolnir armor, Master Chief could punch a Brute's jaw off or knock his head off entirely. But no, it's like just a regular dude wearing a costume punching a bear or something stupid like that.

A mechanical suit is going to smoke any organic creature that's in relative equal size. But again, it's BARELY an advantage in Halo for Master Chief. Seems more like body armor than a powered suit.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You would think with mjolnir armor, Master Chief could punch a Brute's jaw off or knock his head off entirely. But no, it's like just a regular dude wearing a costume punching a bear or something stupid like that.

A mechanical suit is going to smoke any organic creature that's in relative equal size. But again, it's BARELY an advantage in Halo for Master Chief. Seems more like body armor than a powered suit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you play on normal mode you can basically just punch your way through the levels.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

ETA:  Sorry, messed up the quote blocks.

Ah!  Excellent points.  I miss the Brutes.  They weren't too much trouble in ODST legendary; I prefer them to the Elites.  Fun to shoot their helmets off from a distance, then run in and SMG them when they rage.  Body armor?  Ya, kinda seems like that.  I never really got any "superhuman strength" vibes from the game, but I guess that stuff wasn't programmed in.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:  Sorry, messed up the quote blocks.

Ah!  Excellent points.  I miss the Brutes.  They weren't too much trouble in ODST legendary; I prefer them to the Elites.  Fun to shoot their helmets off from a distance, then run in and SMG them when they rage.  Body armor?  Ya, kinda seems like that.  I never really got any "superhuman strength" vibes from the game, but I guess that stuff wasn't programmed in.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
You obviously know nothing and haven't read any of the books.

How about you leave the science fiction writing and story to the people that wrote it in the first place.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How about you leave the science fiction writing and story to the people that wrote it in the first place.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The people who wrote it to begin with did a good job, it's the people who took over part way through that fucked it all up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Castle is still a pretty awesome show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nathan Fillion.

That is all.
His cartoon is looking more like the old Mal, and less like the pudge on Castle, so that's a good thing.

Castle is still a pretty awesome show.

Is it? I lost interest a couple of seasons ago.
I am planning on starting again since I heard Adam Baldwin's character will be returning for at least one episode this season. Guess I need to get caught up.

As far as HALO goes, this might nudge me into getting an XBone instead of a PS4 (I've had only Playstations since the first.) Well, this and the upcoming backwards compatibility.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well, the UNSC and UEG is pretty much the Alliance from Firefly. Sucks that Mal would fight for the UNSC instead of an Indie faction.  
View Quote

I think in this game we are going to see John potentially switch sides from the UEG/UNSC to the one of the Indie factions.

Either that, or he's going to be starting his one man war against ONI, the KGB of Halo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I think in this game we are going to see John potentially switch sides from the UEG/UNSC to the one of the Indie factions.

Either that, or he's going to be starting his one man war against ONI, the KGB of Halo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Halo is a tragedy, won't happen

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your thinking of something like Game of Thrones.

Halo has more of a bittersweet, epic tale feel to it. For example, the UNSC wins the war, but loses over half of it's territory and population.

The Sangheli aren't wiped out, but their economy immediately collapses, and Sanghelios is plunged into a devastating civil war.

The UNSC starts out a as a federal republic, but is now well on it's way to becoming a fascist autocracy.

John wins all his battles, but continuously loses friends and loved ones along the way.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

John would never fight against the UEG/UNSC. He was brainwashed as a kid to strictly follow orders and die for the UEG/UNSC. I could see him fight what he deems to be rouge elements of the UEG/UNSC and especially ONI. But he might do that simply because if Blue Team and Dr. Halsey have been arrested by ONI (which they were last i checked, been a while since i read the books) for reasons that ONI got confused since they don't know the whole picture like Dr. Halsey and John do with regards to the Forerunners.

I don't see John siding with the Indies. Not one bit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
John would never fight against the UEG/UNSC. He was brainwashed as a kid to strictly follow orders and die for the UEG/UNSC. I could see him fight what he deems to be rouge elements of the UEG/UNSC and especially ONI. But he might do that simply because if Blue Team and Dr. Halsey have been arrested by ONI (which they were last i checked, been a while since i read the books) for reasons that ONI got confused since they don't know the whole picture like Dr. Halsey and John do with regards to the Forerunners.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blue Team is with John when last I read the Escalation comics.

My beef with ONI is that they knew of the Covenant way before they took out Harvest, and yet did nothing to warn the UNSC/UEG.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Halo has more of a bittersweet, epic tale feel to it. For example, the UNSC wins the war, but loses over half of it's territory and population.

The Sangheli aren't wiped out, but their economy immediately collapses, and Sanghelios is plunged into a devastating civil war.

The UNSC starts out a as a federal republic, but is now well on it's way to becoming a fascist autocracy.

John wins all his battles, but continuously loses friends and loved ones along the way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

UNSC never started out as a Federal Republic.... from the start it was an Autocracy. the UEG led UNSC, which led the colony worlds. Much like how colonial powers ruled here on Earth, the UEG ruled other worlds. The Sangheli is a classic case of factions during war. At first they were for the Covenant and then many decided to split when things started to get bad. Much like what happened to Italy in WWII.

The UNSC didn't lose half of it's population, I think Humanity was down to a few million by the end of the War. Also the majority of the colonies were lost and major segments of Earth herself were destroyed by being Glassed from Orbit.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

My beef with ONI is that they knew of the Covenant way before they took out Harvest, and yet did nothing to warn the UNSC/UEG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ONI started the whole mess, especially with their knowledge of Forerunner artifacts on Reach, Harvest, Earth, etc.... Hell, the Spartan II Program was started not because of the Covenant but because of the Indie Wars. ONI wanted 100% loyal soldiers that could wipe out Indies in one swoop. Hence why they kidnapped kids, replaced them with medically retarded clones, brainwashed them by subjecting them to crazy training from the age of six, and did an ungodly number of medical experiments to them to enhance their abilities.

I can tell you this.... if I was in the HALO universe. I'd be part of an Indie Faction.

Fuck the UEG and ONI.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Yawn. More mindless run and gun.

Call me when another R6V is released.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The UNSC didn't lose half of it's population, I think Humanity was down to a few million by the end of the War. Also the majority of the colonies were lost and major segments of Earth herself were destroyed by being Glassed from Orbit.[/span]

View Quote

From what I've read and seen, out of a population of 40 billion humans pre-war, 19 billion were killed and most of the Outer Colonies and quite a few of the Inner Colonies were glassed.

Only the Souther part of Africa got the glassing treatment, and that was due to the Flood overrunning Keyna.

I think the 'few million number you are seeing is due to the vast majority of Earth's population being evacuated to Venus.

Human-Covenant War
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I can tell you this.... if I was in the HALO universe. I'd be part of an Indie Faction.

Fuck the UEG and ONI.
View Quote

Wanna know something completely ironic?

In both Firefly and Halo, we support the Independents.

But in Star Wars, we root for the Empire.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the UEG and ONI.

That's because in Star Wars, the Rebels are a bunch of Religious Nut Jobs that want to bring back a form of government in which a cult is given secret police powers.

The Empire was pro business, pro gun ownership, and pretty much was getting ready for the Vong invasion.

Also the snazzy uniforms helped.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That's because in Star Wars, the Rebels are a bunch of Religious Nut Jobs that want to bring back a form of government in which a cult is given secret police powers.    

The Empire was pro business, pro gun ownership, and pretty much was getting ready for the Vong invasion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck the UEG and ONI.

I mostly had problems with the Republic's socialist policies. Also, hippie peaceniks like Vader's wife didn't do a damn thing to help at all.

Also what irks me is that the Republic had no concept of national defense until the very end of it's life. For the Force's sake, it's supposed to be based on the highly militarized Roman Republic! And they end up outsourcing the job to a cult of emotionally-stiffened weirdos in robes who kidnap children?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#50]

The Jedi Order was and is a religious theocratic quasi armed force. They stole property, siphoned government funds (tax payer money), randomly killed citizens, started wars, interjected themselves into private business disputed and acted as official government agents when they weren't appointed or elected into power.

They supported the removal of a legally elected government leader due to his religious beliefs (Palpatine was Sith). They are against the Sith so much that in their past the Jedi Order waged a war and literally exterminated the Sith. The Sith were originally Jedi that didn't agree with the Order due to the restrictions placed on having families and relationships.

Supported a war against Planetary Systems wishing to leave a corrupt government. The Confederacy of Independent Systems left the Republic due to the assassination of a Senator that wanted to submit a financial reform bill lowering taxes and business regulation. Yup... the CIS in the clone wars were the good guys.

They kidnapped children and forced them into a brainwashing academy that warped their entire mindset and did not allow them to see their families.

The Order kept their own armed forces and used them with the discretion of the Republic. They acted outside the law and faced no legal repercussion for their actions.

The Jedi Order is the ISIS of the Star Wars Universe.

In the end... the Jedi are the bad guys. Kill 'em all and let the force sort them out.

Empire

-Uses a volunteer army

-Hires well vetted Private Military Contractors

-Takes a hard stand against radical fundamentalist terrorism and piracy

-Conducts peacekeeping operations throughout the universe that respect sovereignty but don't tolerate tribal warfare

Rebellion(and Jedi Council)

-Uses child soldiers

-Hard line religious fundamentalists

-Buys Soviet made military equipment and hides out in third world worlds

-Makes deals with criminals

-Tries to reinstall a space caliphate with their monarch in exile.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top