Page / 38
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Did I take page 4
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's coming.  The details are being worked out.  Please stand by.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, feel free to tighten the screws any time. Most of the people that have been here for more than a few years have been asking for the bigger assholes to be put down for a while.

Uh Oh.  The "ban hammer" is going to become the "brown hammer" from smacking all the assholes.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well put.  

A quote on page 3 since this thread already seems to be heading toward the shitter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People wonder why our rights are under attack and why our country is losing what has made it special. At the core of everything is the fact that we can't even get along with like minded people. Silly trivial things get blown out of proportion, "justice" isn't about what's right, it's about what's right to YOU, and nobody sees anything wrong with it.

If someone innocent dies, you don't make jokes about it. Sure innocent is subjective to your opinions, so drop the opinions and think about it before commenting. If you belittle tragedy, for whatever snide reason, then just pack it up and leave. I realize people have issues with police these days and I'm sure the LEOs here are touchy about it. So how about each side looks at the other and thinks before making comments meant to hurt. It's much better to just ignore a conversation you may blow up over, than to turn it to chaos. If you think something is pushing the boundaries of good taste, report it, or better yet EMAIL ME and I'll deal with it.

It's time to put the past screw ups behind us and focus on who we are moving forward. Have respect for each other. That doesn't mean you have to agree on things, it just means you have to understand that we all have the right to an opinion and being able to voice that opinion is what makes this country great.

Well put.  

A quote on page 3 since this thread already seems to be heading toward the shitter.

That's a relief because I'm pooped
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Needed to be said.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Not entirely sure what this is about, but i will just sit in my corner and watch this unfold
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread reminds me of this.

King Theoden's lament from LOTR:
Where is the horse and the rider?
Where is the horn that was blowing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow.
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
How did it come to this?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People wonder why our rights are under attack and why our country is losing what has made it special. At the core of everything is the fact that we can't even get along with like minded people. Silly trivial things get blown out of proportion, "justice" isn't about what's right, it's about what's right to YOU, and nobody sees anything wrong with it.

If someone innocent dies, you don't make jokes about it. Sure innocent is subjective to your opinions, so drop the opinions and think about it before commenting. If you belittle tragedy, for whatever snide reason, then just pack it up and leave. I realize people have issues with police these days and I'm sure the LEOs here are touchy about it. So how about each side looks at the other and thinks before making comments meant to hurt. It's much better to just ignore a conversation you may blow up over, than to turn it to chaos. If you think something is pushing the boundaries of good taste, report it, or better yet EMAIL ME and I'll deal with it.

It's time to put the past screw ups behind us and focus on who we are moving forward. Have respect for each other. That doesn't mean you have to agree on things, it just means you have to understand that we all have the right to an opinion and being able to voice that opinion is what makes this country great.

Well put.  

NO.  Lets not make this a poop thread!  

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Making fun of some Taliban asshole getting blown up. OK

Saying "Good" or "Who cares?" about a cop being murdered here in USA. NOT OK.

Common sense goes a long way. Let's be assholes, that's cool. However, let's find some common asshole ground and direct it where it is deserved to be.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well, the owners can sure as shit tell you what you can say or want on their website.

Start your own 4-chan, bro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will be more than happy to give myself a timeout. I am ashamed at where we all have been the past few days as a group. I know most people here have not lashed out and I think you, but for the first time in years I am starting to question why this site exists.

I respect those that serve.

They serve for.....freedom. For better or worse.

Anyone should be able to say anything they want. Heads blown off and petty thief kids burnt alive and posted here to watch is fine? But saying mean things about someone else that died is off limits? Got it.  

Hop off of that moral relativism train for a minute please.

Is it too oppressive to avoid shitting in a memorial tread?

I don't want to shit in anyone's thread. Doesn't mean people should be censored. Doesn't mean people should be restricted because of  others perception. Wanna talk mag limits and 'assault rifles'? Same thing. Freedom is free. I don't like the tone of GD lately....but no one should tell me what to say/read or otherwise because of their 'feels'.

What happened to that officer is horrible and heart breaking. I pray for the family.  

Well, the owners can sure as shit tell you what you can say or want on their website.

Start your own 4-chan, bro.

I completely respect that and will comply. Just saying.

To be clear, I am very grateful to our military service members and the men and women who patrol the streets. Godspeed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Making fun of some Taliban asshole getting blown up. OK

Saying "Good" or "Who cares?" about a cop being murdered here in USA. NOT OK.

Common sense goes a long way. Let's be assholes, that's cool. However, let's find some common asshole ground and direct it where it is deserved to be.
View Quote

Not too sure, but it wasn't some taliban asshole, it was an innocent lady.

Might be wrong though
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I will be more than happy to give myself a timeout. I am ashamed at where we all have been the past few days as a group. I know most people here have not lashed out and I think you, but for the first time in years I am starting to question why this site exists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coc,profanity in thread title

its alot of things but there is a shit load of tension these days and alot of negative news articles get posted in GD and I think it leads to negative emotions and people lashing out.

its like you can't have a civil discussion on anything anymore and I'll be the 1st to admit it I'm fuckin guilty.

discussion earlier tonight on BMW having electric cars in 10 years. who cares? its their company they can make what they want. i'm all pro electric car but people have these irrational hate for Tesla, lithium ion batteries etc. i post I bought a LI powered weed wacker and get snarky comments oh must not have much weeds huh.
why the fuck do you car what kind of weed wacker someone uses? seriously. if you wanna jerk off a 2 stroke gas weed whacker all day be my guest. if you wanna drag a fucking cord around the yard and spend 3/4 of your time cord wrangling buy a corded electric.

its a weed wacker!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well put.  

Good call
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did I take page 4
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

its alot of things but there is a shit load of tension these days and alot of negative news articles get posted in GD and I think it leads to negative emotions and people lashing out.

its like you can't have a civil discussion on anything anymore and I'll be the 1st to admit it I'm fuckin guilty.

discussion earlier tonight on BMW having electric cars in 10 years. who cares? its their company they can make what they want. i'm all pro electric car but people have these irrational hate for Tesla, lithium ion batteries etc. i post I bought a LI powered weed wacker and get snarky comments oh must not have much weeds huh.
why the fuck do you car what kind of weed wacker someone uses? seriously. if you wanna jerk off a 2 stroke gas weed whacker all day be my guest. if you wanna drag a fucking cord around the yard and spend 3/4 of your time cord wrangling buy a corded electric.

its a weed wacker!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its a weed wacker!!!!

Wait a fucking minute.

You have a electric weed whacker?!?!

Ban him!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Indeed
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I take page 4

Indeed
It's still here

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Still made it in before the title change.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#20]
The goat has spoken.

Hallowed are the Goati!

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:55:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I predict hurt feelings and locked accounts.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wait a fucking minute.

Ban him!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its a weed wacker!!!!

Wait a fucking minute.

Ban him!!!

yeah i got the ryobi 40 volt attachment capable dual line model. it works pretty good. doesn't spin as fast as a 2 stroke gas unit but the torque is really good.

eta actually i have three I have shitty black and decker 3.5 amp corded and a ryobi 5.5 amp attachment capable corded.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#23]
What we are seeing here is just a reflection of the breakdown of common courtesy in society in general.

But what do I know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#24]

who in the hell would buy an electric string trimmer?  

are there more women on ARFCOM then first thought?

here is a vital clue: if, when describing your string trimmer, the word "amps" is used -- you are doing it wrong.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's a spiral, not a cycle.  I am worried.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate reading that. This will blow over eventually, and things will return to a more civil normal. Make sure the staff has clear direction on what to do, and this will cease to be a problem soon.

I hate to say it, but people said this the last time this happened too.

It's cyclical. I'm not worried about it, long term.

It's a spiral, not a cycle.  I am worried.

We rarely see eye to eye, but you're right on this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:59:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What we are seeing here is just a reflection of the breakdown of common courtesy in society in general.

But what do I know.
View Quote

Yeah...  What do idiots in ND know......Wait,  Uh,  Umm.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

But what do I know.
View Quote

no i think you're right.

my roomate is an arfcommer and he was surfing GD today and I said to him "are you nuts? its GD. you aren't cut out for it go back to the tech forums before you blow a gasket"
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

who in the hell would buy an electric string trimmer?  

are there more women on ARFCOM then first thought?

here is a vital clue: if, when describing your string trimmer, the word "amps" is used -- you are doing it wrong.

ar-jedi

View Quote

you realize you are talking to the son of a retired lawn maintenance man who had over 32 years in lawn maintenance and that I was fixing or maintianing lawn equipment from age 5 and up.

I'll never own another gas powered string trimmer again. I've got a fiskers reel mower in addition to my 6.5 hp toro self propelled and I'm strongly considering converting the fiskars to electric power for the small parts of the yard that my 14 hp mtd tractor won't go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

yeah i got the ryobi 40 volt attachment capable dual line model. it works pretty good. doesn't spin as fast as a 2 stroke gas unit but the torque is really good.

eta actually i have three I have shitty black and decker 3.5 amp corded and a ryobi 5.5 amp attachment capable corded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why the fuck do you car what kind of weed wacker someone uses? seriously. if you wanna jerk off a 2 stroke gas weed whacker
all day be my guest. if you wanna drag a fucking cord around the yard and spend 3/4 of your time cord wrangling buy a corded electric.

its a weed wacker!!!!

Wait a fucking minute.

Ban him!!!

Man Card.

Turn it in.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I missed it, too...must not have been tech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did I miss?

I missed it, too...must not have been tech.

I've recently discovered the concept of actually doing work at work instead of dicking around on the internet like most of my previous jobs.

Needless to say my time for internet drama has been reduced significantly.

Apparently I missed something about a secret Arfcop hate list as well that no one seems to want to give the low down on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Man Card.
Turn it in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

why the fuck do you car what kind of weed wacker someone uses? seriously. if you wanna jerk off a 2 stroke gas weed whacker

all day be my guest. if you wanna drag a fucking cord around the yard and spend 3/4 of your time cord wrangling buy a corded electric.

its a weed wacker!!!!

Wait a fucking minute.
Ban him!!!

Man Card.
Turn it in.
It just needs a charge

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I couldn't get real worked up about it. Out of the 10s of thousands of members here there were only a few that acted like real jerks (<20, 25?) and this small number caused most of the problems.

Also, a group of people in the same profession setting around in their club house talking some trash? I just can't get the outrage. It would happen with any group.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

On vacation with a shitty internet connection in the Finger Lakes.

I assume this being GD inappropriate remarks were made about LODD.

If so, pretty messed up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So... What did I miss that brought all this on?

Really?

On vacation with a shitty internet connection in the Finger Lakes.

I assume this being GD inappropriate remarks were made about LODD.

If so, pretty messed up.

Sweet Walter Red, Tim's Guns, Glenora Sparkling wine, Belhurst Castle, Bass Pro...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If this forum came to an end you will all read about me in the news papers. I will go around kicking people in the nuts until I'm locked up or dead. I spend way too many hours here to know what to do if it disappeared.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate reading that. This will blow over eventually, and things will return to a more civil normal. Make sure the staff has clear direction on what to do, and this will cease to be a problem soon.

I hate to say it, but people said this the last time this happened too.

If this forum came to an end you will all read about me in the news papers. I will go around kicking people in the nuts until I'm locked up or dead. I spend way too many hours here to know what to do if it disappeared.

Shit.  Hopefully you are in the Eastern part of the state.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#35]
I can start a new and let the past be in the past.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Uh Oh.  The "ban hammer" is going to become the "brown hammer" from smacking all the assholes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, feel free to tighten the screws any time. Most of the people that have been here for more than a few years have been asking for the bigger assholes to be put down for a while.

Brown Ops?

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#37]
I really must have missed something big.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But what do I know.
View Quote

Lets make Arfcom and America great again!

Finally we have the first Arfcom site staff endorsement.

Thanks Goatboy.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well that didn't take long
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This doesn't apply to electrocution threads, does it? Those are always shocking.

Or beheading threads where people lose their minds.

Its easy...  if a cop got electrocuted/decapitated, you cant say those things.  Unless youre a cop.

Well that didn't take long

What didnt take long?  As advertised and stated,  This is a pro leo/mil site.  Id wager the same holds true if you replaced leo in my previous post with mil.  Ill leave it to you to determine what the difference here has been though
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#40]
We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

View Quote

So... either way we hang?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

a bunch of cock baggery. honestly I stay out of ALOT of threads due to the obvious cock baggery that goes on in them. I stick to black people issues, electric cars, general automobile stuff noobs buying pistols, motorcycle threads and thats about it. oh and movies. I tend to stay out of trouble that way.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Guillotine humor is not funny.  Good rule
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

a bunch of cock baggery. honestly I stay out of ALOT of threads due to the obvious cock baggery that goes on in them. I stick to black people issues, electric cars, general automobile stuff noobs buying pistols, motorcycle threads and thats about it. oh and movies. I tend to stay out of trouble that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stay out of cat threads now....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:17:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No need. Already hung......
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe not...  but it is nothing to go losing your head over.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:18:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop that shit or heads will roll....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:19:39 AM EDT
[#49]
The good friend who steered me to AR15.COM has been a member since it was a newsletter and bbs.

I bought my first AR in 2011 and he told me I should take a look here.

He had one piece of advice. "Stay away from the General Discussion forum. It's nothing but bullshit."

In a way he wasn't wrong at all. And I didn't even look at GD for the first couple of months after I joined.

I'm glad I did look at GD though. Breaking news, entertainment, good information, the community that reaches out and helps and cares, it all outweighs the shit posted by shitheads.

Oh, and +1 post count.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:20:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Give every member that's been here for at least 10 years a 1 time use lock button.

The problem will fix itself in short order.

Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top