BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

InHumans are not the same as Homo Superior.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only Mutants should have to register.

Except there aren't mutants in the MCU, they are part of the X-Men universe.
I'm guessing something in the upcoming season of Agents of SHIELD will happen that cause a lot more Inhumans to appear.

In the comics perhaps, but Marvel Studios don't own mutants, so many are speculating that they're using the Inhumans to fill that role in the MCU.
In short, it's make believe and they can do what they want.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Compta way to fuckin ruin it
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This might be Chris Evans last film as Capt. America.  His contract is up after this movie and I haven't read anything about him signing a new one.
View Quote

From my understanding it is his last. He "Wants to move on to something else."

But I guess we will see. Robert Downey Jr. Contract was up too after Iron Man 3... Yet he's back again.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If only you knew...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This might be Chris Evans last film as Capt. America.  His contract is up after this movie and I haven't read anything about him signing a new one.

If only you knew...

Has he said any more lately?
Last I heard he said he was done when his contract was up because he wanted to direct.
Maybe Marvel will let him helm one of the smaller pictures or get his feet wet on TV in order to keep him on as Cap.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So Tony Stark is a douchey democrat?
View Quote
He's rich and arrogant.

Captain America is humble and combat vet. Conservative.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't but I can if you like.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He's rich and arrogant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's rich and arrogant.

Tony Stark: I don't care about the liberal agenda any more, it's boring.
At least for a time, but maybe he swung back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Last I heard he said he was done when his contract was up because he wanted to direct.
Maybe Marvel will let him helm one of the smaller pictures or get his feet wet on TV in order to keep him on as Cap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only you knew...

Don't want to spoil things.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hank Pym invented ultron, except he didn't.
The Movies can still go in a different direction.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Same writers and directors. So should hopefully be good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really liked 'Winter Soldier.'  I hope this is as good.  It looks like it has the potential to be really good.

It was pretty obvious they had no idea what Pararescue was. It's like they heard the name and thought it sounded cool; so wrote it in without googling it. I even remember one of Black Widow's lines because it was so awkward "You were a Pararescue?"

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only you knew...

Wouldn't want to give away an 8 year old comic book story.
And who's to say the film goes in the same direction?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They won't.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It was pretty obvious they had no idea what Pararescue was. It's like they heard the name and thought it sounded cool; so wrote it in without googling it. I even remember one of Black Widow's lines because it was so awkward "You were a Pararescue?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really liked 'Winter Soldier.'  I hope this is as good.  It looks like it has the potential to be really good.

Yeah I didn't see much medical expertise there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WEll they set it up to make people think he was the pilot.
And I thought PJs trained in HALO/HAHO?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm guessing something in the upcoming season of Agents of SHIELD will happen that cause a lot more Inhumans to appear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have lost confidence that Agemts of Shield is truly ties into the MCU. The last Avengers movie passed up several opportunities to show otherwise, that would have in no way prevented the movies from being enjoyed on their own. In fact, it could have helped explain the status of SHIELD.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only you knew...

It appears some here don't follow the books so I don't want to ruin it for them, just know this movie will be fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In the comics perhaps, but Marvel Studios don't own mutants, so many are speculating that they're using the Inhumans to fill that role in the MCU.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't suprise me.

As much as I like BlackBolt and a few others.  They aren't even close to being on the same level as Homo-Superior.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only you knew...

I would like to see him direct the defenders/Heros4Hire/Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It appears some here don't follow the books so I don't want to ruin it for them, just know this movie will be fucking awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Shield and the Government agents wee all "Cape Killers" by Cap in the comics.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The Punisher's part in the comic was great.
I'll watch this just to see how they slant it. The comic was done very well.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#22]
We have to pass it to see whats in it. You know like the health care law.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Marvel got the rights to Spiderman back?
View Quote
No and Yes

Sony fucked up so bad with the last two films that they've asked Marvel to make the movies for them and Sony gets a huge chunk of he movie while they retain the rights too. Part of the deal is Spidey can be used in MCU films.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#24]
The OP has the comic book plot right but not QUITE the movie plot.  It isn't that superheroes have to register, they are basically required to work for the government and only go on missions that the government sanctions.  If you want to be a superhero, you work for the government and follow their orders.  Cap isn't interested because he saw what happened with SHIELD being taken over by Hydra and isn't going to trust the government anymore.  Also, I don't have any proof for this yet, but I think Stark and the others may wind up being manipulated by a behind-the-scenes villain.

As for Chris Evans, he's still signed on to do Infinity Wars I and II, he just isn't signed on for any more solo Captain America movies.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I just want to know. Who the hell uses the world "Cap" to address a guy ranked Captain? I've been in the military and NEVER heard that word.

It's some gay Marvel word.

View Quote

Use it in the fire service
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

So no-one on the pro-registration side is a superhuman.

In fact, Cap is the only superhuman in that picture.

I can't help feeling that without bringing more of the mutants into the storyline that the superhuman registration act doesn't make a lot of sense.

Correct.

A guy who owns a suit isn't a superhuman (presumably they'd register the suit, not themselves?).

And BlackWidow, Hawkeye & Falcon certainly wouldn't qualify.

I think we need to see the wording of this bill!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can't help feeling that without bringing more of the mutants into the storyline that the superhuman registration act doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quoted:

Correct.

A guy who owns a suit isn't a superhuman (presumably they'd register the suit, not themselves?).

Other than Wolverine, the Mutants for the most part stay out of it in the comics. If I recall right, Civil War happens after House of M and there are less then 200 mutants left in the world. They're on the Xavier School and it is treated like a Indian Reservation by the Government. Xavier even makes a deal to not get involved if mutants are spared from the conflict.

As for who joins what side and the law. It is more like the story from The Watchmen. Vigilante Justice is outlawed unless one registers with the government. So anyone that is a Super Hero, whether Human, Mutant, or Augmented is a possible target.

The Fantastic Four, X-Force, Alpha Team, etc.... plenty of costumed folks side both ways.

It all started because a TV Reality Show was following a low level group of teenage mutants tracking down a villain. Bad guy goes shit crazy and blows up a school and such. All captured on TV.

Really damn close to gun control events.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
If you read the comic you'll understand why Bucky is in this and why it is Chris' last film.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Umm there are more superhumans in that picture.... vision is on starks side
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Shield and the Government agents wee all "Cape Killers" by Cap in the comics.
View Quote

Not all of shield went with Stark.  Capt. had a decent number of former shield agaents also.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is the most immoral character in the Marvel universe...  doesn't take much to figure that one out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Other than Wolverine, the Mutants for the most part stay out of it in the comics. If I recall right, Civil War happens after House of M and there are less then 200 mutants left in the world. They're on the Xavier School and it is treated like a Indian Reservation by the Government. Xavier even makes a deal to not get involved if mutants are spared from the conflict.

As for who joins what side and the law. It is more like the story from The Watchmen. Vigilante Justice is outlawed unless one registers with the government. So anyone that is a Super Hero, whether Human, Mutant, or Augmented is a possible target.

The Fantastic Four, X-Force, Alpha Team, etc.... plenty of costumed folks side both ways.

It all started because a TV Reality Show was following a low level group of teenage mutants tracking down a villain. Bad guy goes shit crazy and blows up a school and such. All captured on TV.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.

Not exactly true Cable, Cloak and Dagger were with Capt.  I wish they brought Hurcules in but I doubt they'd introduce him since he's not an A list hero.

Deadpool joins Stark.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

What pogue ass fucking Captain allows himself to be called "Cap"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait doesn't he champion registration in the comics

Tony Stark does.

Cap opposes it and leads the anti-registration team.

I just want to know. Who the hell uses the world "Cap" to address a guy ranked Captain? I've been in the military and NEVER heard that word.

What pogue ass fucking Captain allows himself to be called "Cap"?

From what I understand he isn't a Captain. When he did his shows where he hits Hitler he wore a captains helmet I believe. Then when he defied direct orders to save Bucky and others he is in an airplane with Peggy and Stark and tells her to leave after he jumps and she screams at him "you can't give me orders!" And he replies "of course I can I'm a captain" because he plays one in the show.

But maybe they made him captain after all the shit who knows.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"That was a mistake" which of course it wasn't. There were also comments by The Falcon that the comic book version of the Tea Party was racist.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Captain doesn't like racist Tea Partiers.
"That was a mistake" which of course it wasn't. There were also comments by The Falcon that the comic book version of the Tea Party was racist.  

Comics have long been bastions of liberalism.

On topic: looking forward to the third Cap flick
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Every watch a movie based in WW2 where the guys called their Company Commander "Cap"? They always refer to him as their CO or Captain.

or WW2 documentary for that matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tony Stark does.

You fought in World War II?  

Jack Kirby did and he drew Captain America for years.

Every watch a movie based in WW2 where the guys called their Company Commander "Cap"? They always refer to him as their CO or Captain.

or WW2 documentary for that matter.

This is so on-topic, please continue.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sadly no .  No Wolverine in the Civil War.  I wonder if we're going to get the Namor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they aren't.
But, Mutants don't exist in the MCU.

Sadly no .  No Wolverine in the Civil War.  I wonder if we're going to get the Namor.

Not likely.  Namor, part of Fantastic Four Movie rights owned by FOX.  That's a whole 'nother thread True Believer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh my sweet summer child...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#37]
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/captain_america_civil_war/news/?a=124552

Interesting take on Chris Evans contract and Civil War.  I know at one point Falcon becomes the next Captian America and I believe Bucky takes over the shield also.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He and Hank Pym are both responcible for Ultron and feel guilty for all the lost lives that it caused.

This leads him to think that anyone not average or below should be forced to register because they are capable of doing great things good or bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand how Tony Stark - essentially anti-central government control in Iron Man 2 - is on the registration side of this conflict.  Blows my mind.  Not a comic book guy, just love the movies.

He and Hank Pym are both responcible for Ultron and feel guilty for all the lost lives that it caused.

This leads him to think that anyone not average or below should be forced to register because they are capable of doing great things good or bad.

Something else happens in the Civil War comics that makes Tony pro-registration. It will be interesting to see what they do in the film.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Something else happens in the Civil War comics that makes Tony pro-registration. It will be interesting to see what they do in the film.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand how Tony Stark - essentially anti-central government control in Iron Man 2 - is on the registration side of this conflict.  Blows my mind.  Not a comic book guy, just love the movies.

Well the fact that a C team of teeny hero's chases some A/B list villians goes bad.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
From what I understand he isn't a Captain. When he did his shows where he hits Hitler he wore a captains helmet I believe. Then when he defied direct orders to save Bucky and others he is in an airplane with Peggy and Stark and tells her to leave after he jumps and she screams at him "you can't give me orders!" And he replies "of course I can I'm a captain" because he plays one in the show.    

View Quote

Being an honorary captain is like getting an honorary associates degree.  They should've at least made him LtCol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tony Stark does.

IIRC- in the comics,  "Captain America" had no relation to military rank-  it was a PR name they cooked up for WW2 propaganda/morale purposes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#42]
I never understood why so many people hated the civil war story line, i thought it was pretty good.    

Looking forward to how they do the movie without the xmen, also it will be interesting to see how they do thanos, because the avengers didnt touch him in the comic, so i imagine they will tone his powers down a bit for the movie
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I never understood why so many people hated the civil war story line, i thought it was pretty good.    

Looking forward to how they do the movie without the xmen, also it will be interesting to see how they do thanos, because the avengers didnt touch him in the comic, so i imagine they will tone his powers down a bit for the movie
View Quote

Agreed. CW is one of my favorite series
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Everything I learned about the South was from this movie.

oh wait wrong thread
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Being an honorary captain is like getting an honorary associates degree.  They should've at least made him LtCol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably gets Col. pay but keeps the rank.  I know at one point he becomes the director of shield.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#46]
In regards to this movie, I'm most interested in how they will weave Spiderman into the story line.  In the comics we obviously had decades to establish Spiderman in the MU.   Even though everyone who goes to the movies knows Spiderman and Peter Parker (good and bad movies) he really needs some development into the MCU/Avengers franchise.   We will basically have none.

What can they do with Spiderman/Peter Parker?   The big comic reveal is he gets in front of the press with Tony Stark and does the unmasking.  J.Jonah Jamensen passes out and everyone in the world shits a brick.    Well that shock value will be pretty hard to pull off in the MCU with such short notice of adding  Spiderman/P.P.

I'm hoping the 5 minutes of screen time of Spiderman vs. Cap will be gold however.  Webs vs. Sheild!  I won't spoil how that goes down.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've read the Prose Novel but not the graphic.  However Civil War has always been my favorite event because it is freedom v tyranny.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Correct.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
In regards to this movie, I'm most interested in how they will weave Spiderman into the story line.  In the comics we obviously had decades to establish Spiderman in the MU.   Even though everyone who goes to the movies knows Spiderman and Peter Parker (good and bad movies) he really needs some development into the MCU/Avengers franchise.   We will basically have none.

What can they do with Spiderman/Peter Parker?   The big comic reveal is he gets in front of the press with Tony Stark and does the unmasking.  J.Jonah Jamensen passes out and everyone in the world shits a brick.    Well that shock value will be pretty hard to pull off in the MCU with such short notice of adding  Spiderman/P.P.

I'm hoping the 5 minutes of screen time of Spiderman vs. Cap will be gold however.  Webs vs. Sheild!  I won't spoil how that goes down.
View Quote

I want to hear Chris Evans do the speech capt gives Spiderman in the comic.  Pretty fucking epic if you ask me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not a comic wizard, but I thought that, cyborg appendages not withstanding, Buckey had received treatment similar to CA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.

Not a comic wizard, but I thought that, cyborg appendages not withstanding, Buckey had received treatment similar to CA.

Long hair dude is bucky? - okay. Yeah, so two superhumans in the pic.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top