BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Still dont get what to cop was trying to do.  Was he trying to get them to slow down?   Where they speeding?  Why not just give one a ticket?  I have just never seen a cop swear back and forth like this.
View Quote

Whatever it was he was up to, no one who's brighter than the bulb in Mom's sewing machine wants anything to do with it.  

Back when I rode in groups I've seen 50-100 bikers all get off the next exit and leave the cop swerving back and forth by himself.  Whatever it is you wanted Bud, we ain't playing.

Now, I've had cops get in front of us and lead a group to a campground or other staging area, but never with the swerving. When the swerving starts,  I find somewhere else to be.  The cop is either pissed off, fucking nuts or something ugly happened up ahead.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I ride.  Those assholes are useless pieces of shit who think they can get away with whatever they want in a pack.  Want to ride without restrictions?....go to a fucking track.   Want to play Hells Angel / 12 o'clock boys prepare for consequences to behavior.

A police car with lights on and swerving is running a rolling roadblock which I believe in most states, if not all, are illegal to pass.  Fuck those idiots.  These are the types of irresponsible morons that ruin things for the rest of us.
View Quote

Extremely accurate assessment good Sir.  100% correct.

Officer's score:

10 points for allowing a special snowflake to score himself for you.
-5 ponts for excessive obesity.

So....   +5
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh cool, so if someone tries an illegal pass I can try to kill them with my 5000lb truck? That illegal pass was so dangerous you have to smash them for their safety.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got a strict rule when I'm behind a cop who turns his lights on in front of me and starts swerving from side to side, I slow down, get off the next exit and get something to drink and maybe a bite to eat.

I do not want to be part of the fucktivities.
View Quote

Not a bad rule!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Still dont get what to cop was trying to do.  Was he trying to get them to slow down?   Where they speeding?  Why not just give one a ticket?  I have just never seen a cop swear back and forth like this.
View Quote

I'm going to guess that the riders were doing the stereotypical stuff: weaving through traffic, wheelies, blocking traffic, et cetera.  The cop probably saw enough, and went lights on when he got in front of them.  Trying to pass the cop with lights on, especially when the lights are on for you [collective], I'm going to guess that's a legal no no; evading or something or other.

Whether this was deadly force, I dunno; while it could be construed as such, I don't think it was; more like mutual combat between the rider and the cruiser.  The rider tried to make an illegal pass ... an illegal pass of a cop car trying to stop him.  

Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good run off, but I don't understand why so much obesity is tolerated in law enforcement.
View Quote

I don't see it as a wholly negative thing.  I'm guessing cops spend more time persuading people to comply than they do chasing people over hill and dale, so mass probably works in his favor most of the time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh cool, so if someone tries an illegal pass I can try to kill them with my 5000lb truck? That illegal pass was so dangerous you have to smash them for their safety.
View Quote

You should probably get a bigger monitor.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hate driving in Milwaukee.
View Quote

Yep. I avoid it when I can.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Bike tried to pit the LEO, he chose poorly. There will not be a big payday.

I laughed out loud.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm going to guess that the riders were doing the stereotypical stuff: weaving through traffic, wheelies, blocking traffic, et cetera.  The cop probably saw enough, and went lights on when he got in front of them.  Trying to pass the cop with lights on, especially when the lights are on for you [collective], I'm going to guess that's a legal no no; evading or something or other.

Whether this was deadly force, I dunno; while it could be construed as such, I don't think it was; more like mutual combat between the rider and the cruiser.  The rider tried to make an illegal pass ... an illegal pass of a cop car trying to stop him.  

Oh well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh well.

So the cop was trying to stop him.  i feel like if the cop was trying to stop him he would have done it when he was stopped at the red light.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So the cop was trying to stop him.  i feel like if the cop was trying to stop him he would have done it when he was stopped at the red light.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh well.

The officer went lights on, and was swerving back and forth making it crystal clear that he was intent on stopping the group.  They chose to evade the stop.

They chose to play the game of lawlessness, and they won a prize.  I don't have the least bit of sympathy for the rider that crashed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Can someone explain why the cop needed to swerve all over 3 lanes as he got the green light?

Txl
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

"You" can't.  Different rules, man.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got a strict rule when I'm behind a cop who turns his lights on in front of me and starts swerving from side to side, I slow down, get off the next exit and get something to drink and maybe a bite to eat.

View Quote

Wisdom.  This post has it.

Txl
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#15]
He should've shot that big mouthy black boy right in the face then started popping every other motherfucker that swarmed him. Video should've ended with piles of dead bikers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Txl

My common sense detector has been set off. :)
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He should've shot that big mouthy black boy right in the face then started popping every other motherfucker that swarmed him. Video should've ended with piles of dead bikers.
View Quote

So he could be the next Darren Wilson? "His hands were up and he was on his knees!"

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Txl

Definitely the safe and sane play.

I'm overall conflicted by this video.  When the groups of riders are running around out of control there isn't a good way to deal with them, and this certainly isn't one.  But I don't know that there is a right way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wasn't his lights on? Isn't it against the law to pass a cop while his lights are on and he's moving?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
UM...............what I saw was a bike driving in the lane and a the cop swerved over without signaling and ran them off the road.    I dont know what the hell is going on here but i hope the cop goes to jail.  

Wasn't his lights on? Isn't it against the law to pass a cop while his lights are on and he's moving?

facts suck?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
UM...............what I saw was a bike driving in the lane and a the cop swerved over without signaling and ran them off the road.   I dont know what the hell is going on here but i hope the cop goes to jail.  

View Quote

FIFY  

You've never seen a traffic break before?  

I guess the laws must be different where you are from.. Maybe if they teach driver training when you get to high school, you'll see that part about not passing emergency vehicles.  And you'll go. "ohhh"  but 4 years is a long time to remember.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good.
Wish he had run them all over.
View Quote

+ 1
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not sure on that.  But its damn sure illegal to swerve into a bike.  What was the cop doing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
UM...............what I saw was a bike driving in the lane and a the cop swerved over without signaling and ran them off the road.    I dont know what the hell is going on here but i hope the cop goes to jail.  

Not sure on that.  But its damn sure illegal to swerve into a bike.  What was the cop doing?

It's called a traffic break.  the idea is that people are supposed to stay behind the unit and not try to pass.  It's a terribly difficult concept, but it might get clear some day.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Texas, snort, must be an Aggie
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I dunno, but based on the video, which does not show the bikers committing any crime, it looks like the cop fucked up big and will cost the taxpayers of Miluakee big bucks.
View Quote

That section of road is 35mph. The bikes were doing 60-70 and running red lights, which is why the cops were called. The cop was doing a standard traffic control procedure in WI and had his lights on. Illegal to be within 500 feet of an emergency vehicle with lights on in WI. Dumb fucks on the bikes were breaking numerous laws, decided to push their luck, and it but them in the ass. Also, the rider's license was suspended and no motorcycle endorsement. Shocker.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:58:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I read the title and assumed it was a cop road raging on bicyclist.

Instead, I got a video of a bunch of retards reenacting Biker Boyz and one of them basically running himself off the road.

Hopefully he got a citation for it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:01:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

SNIP

... Also, the rider's license was suspended and no motorcycle endorsement. Shocker.
View Quote

If you see a group on sport bikes, it's usually a good assumption that most aren't rocking MC endorsements.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If you see a group on sport bikes, it's usually a good assumption that most aren't rocking MC endorsements.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SNIP

... Also, the rider's license was suspended and no motorcycle endorsement. Shocker.

Yes, I'm very aware.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Meanwhile the reaction from GD to another cyclist getting hit, accidentally in that case, is much different.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:05:15 AM EDT
[#29]
I've seen a lot of police running rolling traffic brakes on the freeway before so another unit could remove debris from the road farther up but never on surface streets.  I wonder what the office was trying to accomplish prior to the collision.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:05:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can someone explain why the cop needed to swerve all over 3 lanes as he got the green light?

Txl
View Quote

He wanted them to slow down or stop - probably because they were acting like a pack of animals right before the video started - like these groups usually do.

If you weren't doing anything wrong would you try to race past the rolling roadblock & get away?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#31]
One of the most clear cut cases of attempted murder I've ever seen on Youtube(using police standards of course). Shall we begin the breath holding?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:10:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, I'm very aware.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SNIP

Yes, I'm very aware.

I was just agreeing with you and spring your point.  I guess passing post count, too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:11:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One of the most clear cut cases of attempted murder I've ever seen on Youtube(using police standards of course). Shall we begin the breath holding?
View Quote

Was he trying to murder traffic flow our are you talking about the biker trying to murder the cruiser quarter panel?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Fuck the guy is too fat to be effective. I couldn't have kept my cool with that blabbering idiot in my face.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:32:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When assholes collide.
View Quote

This, but the biker was also really stupid so I will side with the cop here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:41:01 AM EDT
[#36]
I could never understand the whole concept of bike gangs, swarming on a car...

They are basically threatening someone, with their own vulnerability. "Hey! I'm going to surround your car,... that can *EASILY* demolish me... relying on your unwillingness to hurt me... so that I can force you to slow down... and kill you."

On the road, car beats motorcycle 100% of the time. If some thug on a bike thinks he can block your path... and force you to slow down, so he can beat the shit out of you, prove him wrong. Run the mother fucker over. Then... slow down, back up, and run over the fucker again.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:47:40 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Txl
View Quote
I've seen it done before. It's to slow down all traffic across all lanes. Last time I saw it done (the only time) was during rush hour traffic, and I think there was an accident up the road being cleared.. and the police wanted traffic slowed down to ensure there arent any secondaries.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Wish it was titled....Heroic Officer killed 30 today!
I'm new is that wrong?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:06:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wish it was titled....Heroic Officer killed 30 today!
I'm new is that wrong?
View Quote

You'll do well in GD.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:30:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  It is fucking illegal.  When you're driving hot your focused on a lot of things.  You shouldn't have to be too concerned with what's behind you because they're supposed to stay the fuck behind you.

These guys riding around a grade A douchebags.  Had to transport a few of those dumb motherfuckers to the ER last summer.

Fuck em.  He should have smoked a few of them while he was at it.

Edit: not sure if this is thw same group but they call themselves the "XtremeRatedRiderz"
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:31:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not sure what happened with the cop running the biker off the road but the guy yelling at the end needs tazed...

ETA: Cop should have stayed in his car until other units came. That could have went wrong really fast for him.
View Quote

Unless something has changed in Milwaukee only one or two cops carry tasers per district.  Cant see if he had one on my phone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:35:33 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:37:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's called a traffic break.  the idea is that people are supposed to stay behind the unit and not try to pass.  It's a terribly difficult concept, but it might get clear some day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Traffic break?  That must be some California thing.

Emergency vehicles that have their lights on have right of way though.  Although, in Illinois, they need to have their siren on if they are exceeding the speed limit.  (not sure about WI)
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:40:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Nice, I've lurked for many moons.  Ashamed
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:40:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you an emergency vehicle with your lights on?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:44:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe his rig self identifies as a fire truck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:45:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah - not a Texas or Aggie thing. Both of my 70ish y/o parents are 1) texans 2) Aggies and they know what a traffic break is.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:47:11 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't think anyone is a winner here. everyone is a moron in this one
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:48:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is why I love GD.......
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:19:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I ride.  I hate people who ride like assholes.  Still, I'm not sure that warranted deadly force.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The riders wanted lawlessness, and they got it.  Achievement Unlocked!

Yep.

Those types of riders do nothing but endanger others. They tried to pass the cop, unlawfully, and paid the price.

I ride.  I hate people who ride like assholes.  Still, I'm not sure that warranted deadly force.

Deadly force? What do you mean? He ran them off of the road to keep them safe and free. GD would be pissed if they were HD riders, but it's okay because they were on rice bikes.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top