Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/29/2015 4:26:24 PM EDT
there are people there starting their BBQ pits with matches and shit

one guy is using something that looks like a curling iron and another even employs the use of a fucking oscillating fan

evidently I lead a sheltered life but I just assumed that, at the very least, people who regularly start fires so that they can apply heat and smoke to dead animals have a damned torch!

do you have a torch?

why the hell not?  

need to light a fire?  that's kind of its thing
don't feel like weedwacking the yard?  one swipe of your magic fire wand and weeds die
live somewhere that water turns to a solid outside of a freezer?  melt the fuck out of it
ant bite you?  kill his whole family
have a server full of Hillary type emails?  don't just wipe it with a cloth, burn that bastard to the ground!

anyway, it's fire at the end of a stick and fire is pretty useful shit so I figure you know where i'm going with this

just click this link , give them money and somebody with a box truck will bring you a handy little fire implement to play with

you're welcome
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You use a $ 70 weed fire torch thing to light a BBQ?
View Quote

$69.96.... I thought law dogs watched the details?

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Damn texans.. thats WTF!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Weber Charcoal Chimney and a piece of newspaper
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Weber Charcoal Chimney and a piece of newspaper
View Quote

I used to use that method but Japanese lump charcoal is hard as a rock.  I use a cheapo $10 propane torch, works like a champ.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

damn right I do, it's the only way to fly

site staff approved, also.  somewhere there's a picture of somebody getting their kampfire on
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

don't look at me in that tone of voice!

it's 500,000 BTUs of fun
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
yes I use a LoofLighter. They are awesome
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

yep

And the charcoal never talks back.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I can get on board with this method. Actually, I think I need one of these torches in my life.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I turn on the gas for two minutes  and  shoot  M856  at it....
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Originally Posted By TexRdnec:

one guy is using something that looks like a curling iron and another even employs the use of a fucking oscillating fan

evidently I lead a sheltered life but I just assumed that, at the very least, people who regularly start fires so that they can apply heat and smoke to dead animals have a damned torch!

do you have a torch?

why the hell not......  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't have a BBQ.  I haven't cooked anything more than a fried egg in months.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can get on board with this method. Actually, I think I need one of these torches in my life.
View Quote

you'll have no idea what you've been missing, even with deep reflection, until you have your very own firestick in hand

go forth and burn things, all of the things
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

there's no excuse for that shit, you're in TN now!  even if it's just piggy chunks, go BBQ something!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dam rite bruh, haven't you heard everything in Texas is bigger and we take our BBQing serious down here
I use a charcoal chimney on top of a turkey fryer burner to get the coals going.
My method gets the whole chimney going, just dump into pit & start cooking, saves a ton of time.
Haven't used lighter fluid in at least 15yrs.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/texrdnec/media/E74EE0CA-7105-42E2-806A-480BF4411C86_zpslhjbt5dd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s482/texrdnec/E74EE0CA-7105-42E2-806A-480BF4411C86_zpslhjbt5dd.jpg</a>
View Quote

I love my Lyfe Tyme and yes, I use a torch.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
there's no excuse for that shit, you're in TN now!  even if it's just piggy chunks, go BBQ something!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I live in a highrise.  No BBQ allowed.  

Our building recently had a "cookout," in which a local restaurant brought in a pan of pulled pork for us.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I may or may not be guilty of using acetylene cutting torches and or leaf blowers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I use charcoal chimneys and a handheld propane torch.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/texrdnec/media/E74EE0CA-7105-42E2-806A-480BF4411C86_zpslhjbt5dd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s482/texrdnec/E74EE0CA-7105-42E2-806A-480BF4411C86_zpslhjbt5dd.jpg</a>

good pits if you don't have the means to build your own around what you specifically need

even made out of real metal.  measured yesterday for somebody, 5/16" steel
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

good pits if you don't have the means to build your own around what you specifically need

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, it's a heavy bastard but it cooks great and will last a life time.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I think most BBQ lighting contraptions exist because too many people have never read the instructions on the bottle of charcoal lighter fluid. The stuff works if you don't skip the critical step between squirting it and lighting it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think most BBQ lighting contraptions exist because too many people have never read the instructions on the bottle of charcoal lighter fluid. The stuff works if you don't skip the critical step between squirting it and lighting it.
View Quote

not everybody is lighting super duper quick light kingsfords mesquite infused become a hot dog God briquette charcoal

my mesquite is infused with mesquite and you're not gonna get it started without a metric shitpile of lighter fluid and why would you, when propane does it so much better, so much more cheaply?

also, fire from the end of a stick
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fail , step away from the grill !
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#29]
My propane powered Weber has a little red button you push and it starts the fire, no need for a $70 torch

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

site staff approved, also.  somewhere there's a picture of somebody getting their kampfire on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been wanting to get one for two reasons.  One, to light my charcoal, and two, to sear my sous vide cooked meats.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Y'all are doing it a bit low key compared to us.

We use a cord of wood in a trench when we do our big cookings.

Couple gallons of diesel and a couple road flares.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Why are these still in stock?

Why has arfcom not bought these out, yet
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
yes I use a LoofLighter. They are awesome
View Quote

This, I don't get the fucking newspaper. How green of me right?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I prefer the yankee method of lighter fluid. Let it soak for a minute, stand back and shoot roman candles at it. Works every time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Better than a match but not a firestick, more like a firetwig

Good way to start one, though
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I prefer the yankee method of lighter fluid. Let it soak for a minute, stand back and shoot roman candles at it. Works every time.
View Quote

20# cylinder will give you about an hours worth of a 500,000 BTU 2.5' flame from the end of magical fire wand

Your bottle of lighter fluid will give you lots of stinky ass weakling girlyman bitch flames over a pile of failure!

Choose wisely
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Dam rite bruh, haven't you heard everything in Texas is bigger and we take our BBQing serious down here
I use a charcoal chimney on top of a turkey fryer burner to get the coals going.
My method gets the whole chimney going, just dump into pit & start cooking, saves a ton of time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only way to start charcoal in Feb.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

unless, of course, you have a torch

in which case, not the only way, nor best way, to light charcoal anytime
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

My problem was wet mesquite.  We fixed it.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I use the Harbor Freight one, about $20. Works great.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Not sure how that would affect the seasoning of my pit but ya, flamethrower > torch for most applications
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I use the Harbor Freight one, about $20. Works great.
View Quote

Do you even tier 1 torch, bro?

Fuck yo harbor freight torch!

But really, it's cheaper for a reason but also good on you for not being torchless like so much of arfcom
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

do you have a torch?

why the hell not?  

don't feel like weedwacking the yard?  one swipe of your magic fire wand and weeds die
live somewhere that water turns to a solid outside of a freezer?  melt the fuck out of it
have a server full of Hillary type emails?  don't just wipe it with a cloth, burn that bastard to the ground!

anyway, it's fire at the end of a stick and fire is pretty useful shit so I figure you know where i'm going with this

just click this link , give them money and somebody with a box truck will bring you a handy little fire implement to play with

you're welcome
View Quote

no offense, but I think you've caught the ghey.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#47]
I use a propane torch to light my grill. I bought it years ago to burn paint off the porch and it sat until I ran out of lighter fluid one day to start the grill.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#48]
i bang together two pieces of quartzite so that i can use the piezoelectric spark.

you know...paleo and shit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

do you have a torch?

why the hell not?  

you're welcome

I apologize

what would you recommend for these applications?

but remember, not everybody can start a fire with their wolf pack leading alpha dicks
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
i bang together two pieces of quartzite so that i can use the piezoelectric spark.

you know...paleo and shit.
View Quote

while I respect your trendy diet needs, would our ancestors not have used God's Gas in order to start their fire for slow cooking their wooly mammoth, given the chance?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top