Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So what made you such a Simpson's expert?
View Quote

Thats a great question.

I remember someone had an Aurora Borealus thread. Extorris was the first to make a steamed ham reference.

Dude knows obscure Simpsons shit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Want to see a good documentary on the NYPD google The Seven Five......
View Quote

Unreal the shit they pulled, of course the department knew about it and did nothing because they didn't want another scandal. I met Dowd briefly after his release from prison.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Finish your route early, go home and still get full shift pay. And nobody wants a garbage strike in the 5 Boroughs!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Former neighbor of my sister and BIL was a retired NYC trash collector, 20-and-out pension, he retired in his mid-thirties, IIRC.
Less likely to get shot picking up one type of trash versus the other, for almost the same pay.

Finish your route early, go home and still get full shift pay. And nobody wants a garbage strike in the 5 Boroughs!

We had guys leave the PD for Sanitation.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thats a great question.
I remember someone had an Aurora Borealus thread. Extorris was the first to make a steamed ham reference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what made you such a Simpson's expert?

Thats a great question.

It's an Albany expression.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Honestly, with the political climate being what it is today, I can not imagine anyone wanting to go into law enforcement.  You can do everything right and either get killed, or sacrificed to the politically correct for doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Honestly, with the political climate being what it is today, I can not imagine anyone wanting to go into law enforcement.  You can do everything right and either get killed, or sacrificed to the politically correct for doing the right thing.
View Quote

Many agree with you.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1720124_LEOs_Would_you_encourage_your_children_to_get_into_LE_as_a_career?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dont believe everything you read in GD or hear on the news. I work for a great Sheriff Department and for a county full of people worthy of my time and effort.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Thread of the week
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thread of the week
View Quote

Hey! I remember you! You used to have a horse avatar.

The US cleaner is still going strong!

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thread of the week

That's great!

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For the entertainment. The threads usually have very good posts.

Yes but he was smart and left for FDNY.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Was runcible also NYPD?

Was he at least smart enough to wear breathing apparatus?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Extorris.

Where did you move too? down South?

I don't want your address.   Just State and or city. Do you like it better than NY City?
View Quote

If he didn't like it better, wouldn't he move??  to another nicer place.  (NYC generally doesn't count as a "nicer place.")
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:14:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Job security, benefits, and pension at 40 years old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did you become a NY cop?

Job security, benefits, and pension at 40 years old.

Like lifers in the Navy as opposed to the Army and Marines, take their beds and mess hall with them.  (Proper prior planning, etc.)
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:16:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I never worked in the Bronx.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you ever help a guy get his New York party hat fitted right?

I never worked in the Bronx.

I heard you tried not to work where ever you were?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:20:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Would I get to laugh on the news about my guys throwing a flashbang into a baby's playpen?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still think he should run for Sheriff of one of the rural counties in Georgia and make a reality TV show on it.

Would I get to laugh on the news about my guys throwing a flashbang into a baby's playpen?

Is the baby a child of the oppressors or an oppressed minority?

Maybe they they'll let you do the weekly crimestoppers in front of the local market/diner.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:25:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
IATL.

I Saw Paul lock it as a callout thread and thought 'really Paul? youre one of the most even handed Staff on this joint. No way.'

Well played, Paul.

View Quote

He must have gone and looked at the new pit rules.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:55:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Unreal the shit they pulled, of course the department knew about it and did nothing because they didn't want another scandal. I met Dowd briefly after his release from prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Want to see a good documentary on the NYPD google The Seven Five......

Did he still get his pension?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:57:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Towards the end but not for most of my time there.

Quoted:

If he retired before he got caught he would have.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#21]
My first ever "IATL" on ARFCOM!

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just watched the documentary. Sure doesn't seem like the whole Serpico thing did much to stem the police corruption.

Was it anything like that when you became a cop? They got busted just before you started working there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Dont believe everything you read in GD or hear on the news. I work for a great Sheriff Department and for a county full of people worthy of my time and effort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NYC is the real world. When I first got to Miami and saw the Metro Dade cops with corfams and military creases, Metro Dade fireman that would have a car fire and talk about it for 3 months, I had to laugh. Especially with the pushback from Broken Windows in the Black and Hispanic neighborhoods, you talk to cops and then you realize their gallows sense of humor. If you work in White civilized America, thank your lucky stars
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just watched the documentary. Sure doesn't seem like the whole Serpico thing did much to stem the police corruption.

Was it anything like that when you became a cop? They got busted just before you started working there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was bad before Knapp, if you wanted the cops you had to ring the alarm for the NYFD, NYFD would always show up. NYPD would show up 2 tours later
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The thing I didn't like about the doc is that they had Detective Joe Trimboli from IA in it but he didn't talk about how the department blocked him from doing his job.
I was hoping they would cover that part of the story like Mike McAlary did in his book.

Stuff was still going on when I got hired, they had the Dirty Thirty scandal right after I got on.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#26]
While I am generally not a tattoo lover, I would say that Extorris has the most awesome back tattoo I have ever seen posted.   No homo  

Extorris please post another pic of it as I want to show the excellent artwork to a friend of mine who thinks his tattoo is really nice. TY

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Extorris threads are cool. Mostly objective.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The thing I didn't like about the doc is that they had Detective Joe Trimboli from IA in it but he didn't talk about how the department blocked him from doing his job.
I was hoping they would cover that part of the story like Mike McAlary did in his book.

Stuff was still going on when I got hired, they had the Dirty Thirty scandal right after I got on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, in the documentary they didn't even mention any NYPD involvement. Like the only investigators they interviewed were with the DEA.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yeah, in the documentary they didn't even mention any NYPD involvement. Like the only investigators they interviewed were with the DEA.
View Quote

And the Suffolk County Narco guy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Is there anything about living on Long Island that you miss?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the part a lot of guys here don't get about the institutional hatred of IAB in NYPD.  The IAB only went after the guys they were told to, and let guys with the right connections to higher slide....no matter WHAT  they were doing.  Especially the chickenshit stuff like sending 40 detectives to DC to stub guys who  were having a beer but otherwise not causing any problems.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/nicolas-cage-laughing_zps1677d881.gif

You always have the best gif responses
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/nicolas-cage-laughing_zps1677d881.gif

I'll take that as "No."

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Especially the chickenshit stuff like sending 40 detectives to DC to stub guys who were having a beer but otherwise not causing any problems.
View Quote

To be honest, the cops brought that upon themselves with their stupid behavior there in years past. Same way cops' behavior at Ray Cannon's funeral resulted in increased IA scrutiny at LODD funerals.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'll take that as "No."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take that as "No."

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Was runcible also NYPD?

Clear. Concise. To the point. /thread

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

To be honest, the cops brought that upon themselves with their stupid behavior there in years past. Same way cops' behavior at Ray Cannon's funeral resulted in IA going to funerals to make sure guys behaved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Especially the chickenshit stuff like sending 40 detectives to DC to stub guys who were having a beer but otherwise not causing any problems.

To be honest, the cops brought that upon themselves with their stupid behavior there in years past. Same way cops' behavior at Ray Cannon's funeral resulted in IA going to funerals to make sure guys behaved.

Not disagreeing........but even ten years later, they were still sending platoons of them down.  I had one of them trying to bust my stones because I was standing with some friends from Transit one year......  He wasn't pleased at my lack of deference.   So I called my chief for him, and handed him the phone so he could complain about me.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not disagreeing........but even ten years later, they were still sending platoons of them down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not disagreeing........but even ten years later, they were still sending platoons of them down.

They're never going to stop going down. They still go to funerals and Ray Cannon's was over 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You tell me.

What's a extra duty gig? Never heard the term.

"Tonight's featured avatar-Extorris"

My old avatar was Lloyd Bridges from Airplane but I saw another member had it so I changed it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What was the percentage of lucky Saturdays VS supervisors that actually knew what they were doing?

You tell me.

Quoted:

He got passed over for extra duty gigs and is still pissed

Quoted:

Who is the guy in your avatar and what the hell was your old avatar?

My old avatar was Lloyd Bridges from Airplane but I saw another member had it so I changed it.

You are one of those members that I always picture as looking like their avatars. I am hoping that you don't, but it amuses me to think that you do.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

To be honest, the cops brought that upon themselves with their stupid behavior there in years past. Same way cops' behavior at Ray Cannon's funeral resulted in increased IA scrutiny at LODD funerals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you have a good time?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You are one of those members that I always picture as looking like their avatars. I am hoping that you don't, but it amuses me to think that you do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was the percentage of lucky Saturdays VS supervisors that actually knew what they were doing?

You tell me.

Quoted:
He got passed over for extra duty gigs and is still pissed

Quoted:
Who is the guy in your avatar and what the hell was your old avatar?

He has a lazy eye and buck teeth.

Hence why he moved to GA.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure did, the funeral was right near my place on Long Island.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

...and bought a pickup truck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With a  gun rack.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sure did.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure did.

Never did the DC thing though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure did.

There was a group of us, from all over who went every year,  we'd get a suite or 3 in Alexandria.   NJ, NYPD,  NYSP,  NJSP,  Chicago,  Boston,  Various Metro LA guys, as municipalities guys and girls from ALL over.  Usually someone from the group had someone going on every year.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There was a group of us, from all over who went every year,  we'd get a suite or 3 in Alexandria.   NJ, NYPD,  NYSP,  NJSP,  Chicago,  Boston,  Various Metro LA guys, as municipalities guys and girls from ALL over.  Usually someone from the group had someone going on every year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, not my scene.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top