User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Jesus said the kingdom of God is within you. He never once said Heaven is a place you go to after you die.

Did you forget that Jesus was a Jew?
View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
There are a few cases of gods people in the bible committing suicide.  Sampson for one when he collapsed the temple and killed the Philistines.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If I had to "work to get myself into Heaven", I would be sunk.

Only Jesus could Save me, and only He can keep me Saved.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny how more people seem to be concerned about if other people get into Heaven than working on getting themselves into Heaven.

In his (unasked for) defense, I did not get the sense that he was talking about salvation through works, but about working towards having faith in his heart and salvation through grace.

(I know many a Calvinist would say that statement is meaningless, but most Catholics and some Potestants would not, and I am not trying to stir up or encourage denominational differences here, so, faithful, take this as Scotchy poking his nose in where it doesn't belong, and unfaithful, take this as a clarification on works versus faith.)
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure his beliefs are solid enough that kid gloves are not needed, but one can disagree with another's faith, or lack thereof, without being insulting.  And I will add that while OP obviously offers answers based upon his faith when questions are asked concerning it, he does so in a polite and respectful manner, unlike some of the athiests who participate in these threads.

One the one hand, a person could simply say "No, suicides do not go to heaven, because there is no heaven."  A simple statement of fact, fully supported by the poster's beliefs (or lack of beliefs, if you prefer.)

I don't think most Christians would, or should, take issue with that comment.

But to make remarks about "silly fantasies" or the like simply adds an insulting and rude tone to the thread, with no apparent point, other than to upset or mock people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It always amazes me when a question such as this one is asked and all the atheists have to come in and be as insulting as they can be.  If you don't believe there is a Heaven, then why participate in a thread about Heaven?

lol, pot meet kettle

If your beliefs need to be handled with kid gloves take it to the "Protected Ron Paul Thread" Religion Forum.

I'm pretty sure his beliefs are solid enough that kid gloves are not needed, but one can disagree with another's faith, or lack thereof, without being insulting.  And I will add that while OP obviously offers answers based upon his faith when questions are asked concerning it, he does so in a polite and respectful manner, unlike some of the athiests who participate in these threads.

One the one hand, a person could simply say "No, suicides do not go to heaven, because there is no heaven."  A simple statement of fact, fully supported by the poster's beliefs (or lack of beliefs, if you prefer.)

I don't think most Christians would, or should, take issue with that comment.

But to make remarks about "silly fantasies" or the like simply adds an insulting and rude tone to the thread, with no apparent point, other than to upset or mock people.

Indeed
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Easy answer, no.  

Not so easy answer, if you are a Christian as in has asked Christ to forgive you of your sins then you know that murder is sin.  Suicide is the last sin you commit and do not have a chance to ask for forgiveness.
View Quote

If you receive salvation, you don't lose it every time you commit a sin.

We all sin every single day.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Funny how more people seem to be concerned about if other people get into Heaven than working on getting themselves into Heaven.
View Quote

The Bible says that works are not enough.
The Bible also say that we as believers are to spread the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with others.
Did you know about these things?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#8]
"I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you (Or for your every remembrance of me), always praying with joy for all of you in my every prayer, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day (Or according to the first day of creation concerning salvation and the foundation of the world according to the word of God) until now, I am sure of this, that He (Or Christ) who started a good work in you (Or work among you) will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ (Or until the day of His coming).

It is right for me to think this way about all of you, because I have you in my heart (Or because you have me in your heart in earnest prayer), and you are all partners with me in grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and according to the establishment of the gospel (Or in the defense and the establishment of the gospel of Jesus Christ)."

The Word and Testimony of the Apostle Paul to the Philippians
The New Testament Epistle of Philippians; 1: 3-7 (DCE)
Thanksgiving and Prayer: The Gospel Must be Preached
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Easy answer, no.  

Not so easy answer, if you are a Christian as in has asked Christ to forgive you of your sins then you know that murder is sin.  Suicide is the last sin you commit and do not have a chance to ask for forgiveness.
View Quote
I do not think that as a christian one would commit suicide... but. I do not think we have all the answers though, we all sin everyday. We do not as christians
ask for forgiveness for every single sin we commit every single second. Does that mean that no one will make it to heaven because we died not asking forgiveness

for some forgotten sin. I do not think so, for Christ died for all our sins, past, present and future.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Old Testament or New Testament you are saved by your faith. Suicide does not negate your faith it is just a poor decision. Therefore if you have faith in God you are saved and will go to heaven. If you have no faith then yes you are in trouble. That is how I read it!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I do not think that as a christian one would commit suicide... but. I do not think we have all the answers though, we all sin everyday. We do not as christians ask for forgiveness for every single sin we commit every single second. Does that mean that no one will make it to heaven because we died not asking forgiveness
for some forgotten sin. I do not think so, for Christ died for all our sins, past, present and future.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy answer, no.  

I do not think that as a christian one would commit suicide... but. I do not think we have all the answers though, we all sin everyday. We do not as christians ask for forgiveness for every single sin we commit every single second. Does that mean that no one will make it to heaven because we died not asking forgiveness

Good points all.
But, can we receive forgiveness for sin and rebellion against God after physical death has taken a hold on us no matter how brief?

edit: what is the unpardonable sin, and how can this bring a judgment by God against someone, without forgiveness, not being an option at that section or juncture in eternity of God's judgment upon mankind?
The letter of the law of God kills.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Username is ironic

Quoted:

Does it get lonely up there on your high horse?

Please continue to enlighten us with your wisdom...

http://www.memefrog.com/albums/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-00023.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, because heaven is a manmade fantasy.

Does it get lonely up there on your high horse?

Please continue to enlighten us with your wisdom...

http://www.memefrog.com/albums/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-00023.jpg

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't imagine a merciful God would punish someone who committed suicide as a means to a greater end.

If you're an angry person who has no courage to face your solvable problems, then I could see a shallow circle of Hell as your future.

But say you're suffering from Alzheimer's, and you're a danger to others (such as your loved ones) while you're demented, then killing yourself is noble and honorable, at least imo.

Our recently departed member was going through a divorce. His intent seemed to be to get her a shitpile of money through his life insurance. That, imo, is a noble suicide, sort of like "I'm sorry we couldn't work it out. I'm done, but let me make it up to you the best way I know how."
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Easy answer, no.  

View Quote

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ABOVE POST.

Answer is yes the suicide will go to Heaven, ONLY IF they asked Jesus Christ in their heart and confessed Him as their Lord and Saviour before the suicide.
For example: if the suicide got saved as a child and got away from the Bible and praying and fellowshiping then they would fit in right along with the world. Sin is sin and even if your saved you still sin. It's just that once you are saved your sins committed in the body no longer affect your eternal soul. So even if one offs themselves that is sin and will have an effect on their mortal body, but not on their eternal soul.

Once saved always saved. You get saved you get put into Christ's body. To take you out of the body by sin would leave a scar on the body. Christ is perfect and there will not be any scars on His body no matter how hard you try.  Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord".  If you are saved your sin still applies to your mortal body, but not your eternal soul.

BUT if the suicide never accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour, then like all the rest who haven't, will go to Hell.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Heaven and Hell are referenced as literal places over 1000 times in the Bible.

Lets think of a few off the top of my head.

Isaiah going into heaven to encounter God . . .
View Quote

So, was Isaiah dead when this happened? No? I thought heaven was a place you went after you died . . . or is it something else? --- like a deeper depth of spirit that we can have access to. Reread all those examples you rattled off WITHOUT the preconceived/forced understanding that the verses talk about an afterlife place you go when you die but rather as the kingdom of God that comes to us (the way Jesus described it btw).

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Salvation is resilient! Once established it is not easily lost, faith the size of a mustard seed moves mountains. A small amount of faith in God  is all it takes to establish forgiveness. All sin is overcome by faith in God. Jesus sacrifice covers everyone who has ever placed his faith in God from the beginning  of time. All sin is small in comparison to Gods forgiveness . Suicide is one of these small sins.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nah, I think I will listen and believe Jesus.

John 14:1–3
1“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.
2In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

Patrick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This may come as a shock to millions of God-fearing Christians, but "going to heaven" is not really a thing . . . at least not in the Bible anyway. The Jews of the Old Testament did not believe in a "heaven" afterlife -- at least not the way most modern Christians understand it. Jesus talked about the kingdom of heaven COMING to you and heaven being IN you. Likewise, if you really read the scriptures, you'll see that hell is also a condition of the mind. Heaven and Hell are something you experience while you're alive and conscious. Heaven is having Christ/God dwell in you. Hell is being separated from God. You're only aware of this while you're physically alive. As the wise man said, "there is no thought . . . in the grave where thou goest."

So, no, people who commit suicide don't "go" to heaven because 1.) there is no afterlife heaven to go to and  B.) they did not know heaven while they were alive. They committed suicide because they were tormented. They committed suicide because they were in hell while they were alive. Physically dying changes the condition of man only because dying ends life. There is no thought in the grave so heaven and hell -- like all other thoughts -- cease to exist. There is NOTHING.

Suicide is the final act of a person who is in hell. The only way to get "to" heaven is to stay alive and work through the hell in your mind. You must put off the old man of hell and put on the new man of heaven. Enjoy it while it last because there is nothing else. . . .

Nah, I think I will listen and believe Jesus.

John 14:1–3
1“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.
2In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

Patrick

Keep reading . . . the rest of the chapter . . .

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Salvation is resilient! Once established it is not easily lost, faith the size of a mustard seed moves mountains. A small amount of faith in God  is all it takes to establish forgiveness. All sin is overcome by faith in God. Jesus sacrifice covers everyone who has ever placed his faith in God from the beginning  of time. All sin is small in comparison to Gods forgiveness . Suicide is one of these small sins.
View Quote

How do you know?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Answer is yes the suicide will go to Heaven, ONLY IF they asked Jesus Christ in their heart and confessed Him as their Lord and Saviour before the suicide.
For example: if the suicide got saved as a child and got away from the Bible and praying and fellowshiping then they would fit in right along with the world. Sin is sin and even if your saved you still sin. It's just that once you are saved your sins committed in the body no longer affect your eternal soul. So even if one offs themselves that is sin and will have an effect on their mortal body, but not on their eternal soul.

Once saved always saved. You get saved you get put into Christ's body. To take you out of the body by sin would leave a scar on the body. Christ is perfect and there will not be any scars on His body no matter how hard you try.  Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord".  If you are saved your sin still applies to your mortal body, but not your eternal soul.

BUT if the suicide never accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour, then like all the rest who haven't, will go to Hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy answer, no.  

Do you propose that a person once saved cannot backslide and be lost from salvation no matter what horrible things they do?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#20]
And he spoke in parable to those who asked what heaven was like:

The kingdom of heaven is like a man who earned points every time he used his credit card and eventually had enough points saved to enjoy a really cool beachfront resort . . . .

said Jesus NEVER . . .
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So, was Isaiah dead when this happened? No? I thought heaven was a place you went after you died . . . or is it something else? --- like a deeper depth of spirit that we can have access to. Reread all those examples you rattled off WITHOUT the preconceived/forced understanding that the verses talk about an afterlife place you go when you die but rather as the kingdom of God that comes to us (the way Jesus described it btw).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heaven is the place that God wills it to be.
The prophet Isaiah and John the Revelator had special roles to fill, as God chose them from eternity as the word of God is eternal, for our edification and  personal benefit for understanding about what the kingdom of God is like in subjection to, and under certain circumstances of the Spirit of God, and what will happen at the end of this present age.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I am under the understanding that the only salvation that you can lose, is the salvation that you never had.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How do you know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know?

Great question SAE!  Romans 5:20 Where sin abounds, grace abounded much more.
In other words grace overcomes all sin. Grace is in greater quantity than all but one sin you could commit.

Scripture tells us in Mark 3:29 that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin. If your faith is in God you are not
committing  blasphemy. Therefore once saved, unless you determine not to believe and or abandon your faith in God all your sins are forgiven.
That would include suicide.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#25]
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavens, in Christ; for He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love (Or in His sight in love), He predestined us to be adopted through Jesus Christ for Himself, according to His favor and will (Or according to His favor and will as a determined effect of God concerning the creation), to the praise of His glorious grace that He favored us with in the Beloved (Or in Christ Jesus by the will of the Father)."

The Word and Testimony of the Apostle Paul to the Ephesians
The New Testament Epistle of Ephesians; 1: 3-6 (DCE)
God's Rich Blessings: Predestination According to The Word of God

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In this thread we make up entirely unsupported shit to support our fantasies and make us feel better about whatever ideology we have chosen.

Carry on.
View Quote

I have to quote this one more time.

Suicide sent you to hell for the pretty much at least ~1800 years of Christian teaching ("thou shall not kill", etc.). People "re-interpret" the bible now, because they realize that view can make them look like monsters.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Despite the inevitable trolls that will show up, it is a great question OP.  It's one of those topics that I think ultimately shows the absurdity of hell as a concept.  For starters, it doesn't seem fair to condemn all suicides to hell.  After all, there is a range of reasons, from the supremely noble like falling on a grenade, to the understandable, like trying to escape chronic pain, to the more questionable such as mental illness and despair.  For a God to send all these people to a hell would make God a monster, and I don't think God is a monster.  Yet if these people get a pass, what is the point of all the suffering for the rest of us?  It really calls into question the whole heaven/hell dynamic, and the more you think about it, the more illogical hell becomes.  The more we understand about the human condition, the more it appears that monsters are created by other men.  Most serial killers have horrific childhoods.  Many sexual predators were themselves once victims.  Most of the mass shootings appear related to mental illness.  So if heaven or hell is earned by good behavior, it seems like the game is rigged for many.  Yet if heaven or hell is not earned, but is freely given, then why doesn't God give it to all?  If God is making a purely arbitrary decision to send some to hell and some to heaven, God again becomes the monster.  Moreover, the whole idea of eternal punishment for mortal crimes violates basic principles of justice and fairness.  Someone is going to be tortured for a million years for a crime in the heat of passion?  A billion?  A trillion?  Eternity?  And the author of this punishment is an omnipotent being who is fully capable of fixing whatever flaws exist in our soul?  

In short, I don't think the concept of hell makes any sense.  I think hell is a concept man needs to believe in, to justify the existence of God when those pagan Norse carry off your women to their Longships.  Ultimately, I think Plato had a better cosmology.  I think we incarnate in multiple lives to learn various lessons, and when we are done with those lessons we move onto bigger and better things.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Suicide sent you to hell for the pretty much at least ~1800 years of Christian teaching ("thou shall not kill", etc.). People "re-interpret" the bible now, because they realize that view can make them look like monsters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In this thread we make up entirely unsupported shit to support our fantasies and make us feel better about whatever ideology we have chosen.

Carry on.

I believe that in many so-called Christian religious circles, that the truth concerning any negative associated with the word of God, such as eternal damnation and the breaching of spiritual law has become very unpopular nowadays because some people want to stay in denial or not to hear about what God truly has to say through His word, concerning judgment, and the continual practice of sin without redemption.
Many loath these truths here in these type threads also.
It does not take a man or woman of great understanding and insight to recognize this.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  As a Christian, you're sins are covered.  Do you ask forgiveness for every sin you commit?  I mean EVERY one of them.  No one would go to heaven if they were judged by your way of thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy answer, no.  

This has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  As a Christian, you're sins are covered.  Do you ask forgiveness for every sin you commit?  I mean EVERY one of them.  No one would go to heaven if they were judged by your way of thinking.

Catholic,
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

And the author of this punishment is an omnipotent being who is fully capable of fixing whatever flaws exist in our soul?  

View Quote

There is someone else who can take responsibility for one's actions.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I agree.

Even bliss would get boring.  I can certainly see why people though reincarnation would be better.  At least there might be some novelty to it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember wondering as a kid, if you could commit suicide in heaven.

The way heaven was explained to me back then seemed like it might come in handy.  

Sister De Lourdes:  "When you die you go to heaven, you can be with god, worship him and sing his praises forever..."

Me:  "Sister De Lourdes, that sounds like mass"

Sister De Lourdes: "Yes ....but it never ends"

Me:  "oh....crap"

Sister De Lourdes: "The cheek of you, (ruler out, blazing)

Yea what would you do all day in heaven? And I'm guessing you don't need sleep so it's 24/7. Eventually it must get boring, and it's for an eternity.

I think being dead when you are dead sounds like a good thing. Nothing can, or should go on forever. Enjoy the time you have here.

I agree.

Even bliss would get boring.  I can certainly see why people though reincarnation would be better.  At least there might be some novelty to it.  

But what if boredom and bliss are conditions of the flesh? Bliss and boredom both strike me as different points along the spectrum of contentment. God is much bigger than that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

But what if boredom and bliss are conditions of the flesh? Bliss and boredom both strike me as different points along the spectrum of contentment. God is much bigger than that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember wondering as a kid, if you could commit suicide in heaven.

The way heaven was explained to me back then seemed like it might come in handy.  

Sister De Lourdes:  "When you die you go to heaven, you can be with god, worship him and sing his praises forever..."

Me:  "Sister De Lourdes, that sounds like mass"

Sister De Lourdes: "Yes ....but it never ends"

Me:  "oh....crap"

Sister De Lourdes: "The cheek of you, (ruler out, blazing)

Yea what would you do all day in heaven? And I'm guessing you don't need sleep so it's 24/7. Eventually it must get boring, and it's for an eternity.

I think being dead when you are dead sounds like a good thing. Nothing can, or should go on forever. Enjoy the time you have here.

I agree.

And so is the concept of bliss and understanding with the mind of Christ in the eternal after-life as the Bible teaches.

edit: can the natural or typical man or woman ever receive enough of what this world might have to offer?
It has been the killer of many through pride and excesses.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#33]
The Bible also say that we as believers are to spread the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with others.
View Quote

Faith is not enough either.

James 2:17 -- Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

1 Corinthians 13:1 -- If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.

Merely professing faith will not save you, unless you follow it with works. Saying the magic words, "accepting Christ as your personal savior,"  etc.,  simply won't cut it. There is plenty of Biblical authority for this statement, but just as importantly, Church teaching for thousands of years says the same thing. The "easy way" of the magic words is a relatively recent Protestant innovation. You may think you are saved, once and for all, by accepting Christ, but you can easily become "un-saved." Just lead an unrepentant, sinful life, and see what happens. I'm pretty sure Hell is full of such hypocrites. They have cut themselves off from God by their actions. The struggle for salvation is a constant struggle. Many fall by the wayside.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, Isaiah wasn't dead, he was brought to heaven for a short time to be commissioned for service.  But he did find himself with a literal heaven - which you said don't exist.

In Revelation John reports seeing a multitude of the dead residing in heaven awaiting the consummation.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No, Isaiah wasn't dead, he was brought to heaven for a short time to be commissioned for service.  But he did find himself with a literal heaven - which you said don't exist.

In Revelation John reports seeing a multitude of the dead residing in heaven awaiting the consummation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe they were just visions . . .
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are we playing guessing games now?

I'll trust the reports of the guys who were there than the imagination of someone who lived thousands of years later.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I voted yes, but I hope it depends on the circumstances.

Pedophile who offs himself rather than go to prison...I hope not.

One who is tortured and offs themselves because they don't think they are worth anything or a terminal ALS patient...I hope so.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'll trust the reports of the guys who were there than the imagination of someone who lived thousands of years later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He so doesn't bible bro. So stop liking what he doesn't like before you run out of food.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#39]
After reading the last five pages I have come to a conclusion since my last post on the issue.

I will still let God decide these things.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

1 Corinthians 13:1 -- If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.

Merely professing faith will not save you, unless you follow it with works. Saying the magic words, "accepting Christ as your personal savior,"  etc.,  simply won't cut it. There is plenty of Biblical authority for this statement, but just as importantly, Church teaching for thousands of years says the same thing. The "easy way" of the magic words is a relatively recent Protestant innovation. You may think you are saved, once and for all, by accepting Christ, but you can easily become "un-saved." Just lead an unrepentant, sinful life, and see what happens. I'm pretty sure Hell is full of such hypocrites. They have cut themselves off from God by their actions. The struggle for salvation is a constant struggle. Many fall by the wayside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yet, the Bible clearly states that without faith, then it is impossible to please God.
Love your neighbor as yourself, and love the Lord your God with all that is within you to love Him with.
These two commands are the key basis for all of God's law, or the law of the Spirit of Christ, and the prophets, or concerning the totality of their teachings.
I love Jesus and what He has done for me!
This is more than enough to know about my personal salvation in Him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:22:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavens, in Christ; for He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love (Or in His sight in love), He predestined us to be adopted through Jesus Christ for Himself, according to His favor and will (Or according to His favor and will as a determined effect of God concerning the creation), to the praise of His glorious grace that He favored us with in the Beloved (Or in Christ Jesus by the will of the Father)."

The Word and Testimony of the Apostle Paul to the Ephesians
The New Testament Epistle of Ephesians; 1: 3-6 (DCE)
God's Rich Blessings: Predestination According to The Word of God

View Quote

One more time according to the word of God.
God is in love with His people!

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:44:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:51:16 AM EDT
[#44]
If I give up my life for another so they can live. Is that suicide
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:56:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a very good post....

LOTS of modern day Christians miss the point of salvation. There is nothing we can offer God on our own. We are not "good people". We are ALL wretched and vile and literally deserve eternal pain in hell. That time I looked at a woman in lust the other day was just as bad a sin as the person who committed suicide. We are sinners and God is perfect. We cannot look at God though our sin tainted eyes and think we can be good enough.

Just like the thief on the cross I am in a fallen state and eventually will die and am a sinner, but only through reaching out Christ in a fallen state with NOTHING to offer him, just crying out for mercy he did hear me and I believe to be with him some day in paradise in heaven. I am in no place to judge if someone commits suicide. They may have never known Christ and therefore dropped straight into torment. They may be a devout christian whose earthly brain is diseased and their soul is already in heaven. That is up to God to judge.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:54:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Easy answer, no.  

View Quote

NOT TRUE

God is intentionally vague in His Word on the subject for a REASON.  Who told you that you had to ask for forgiveness for every sin, if you are a Christian, to go to Heaven.  You may sin a 1000 times a day but only be aware of 80 of them and confess only those. So NO BELIEVER would go to heaven by your standard.  No, you are reconciled to God by what Jesus did on the Cross.  If you are NOT a believer and die, suicide or not, you will likely go to hell.  God has taken some Christian suicides to Heaven.  I know of one specific case where a soldier and a believer in Jesus was on very heavy meds for PTSD and hung himself.  A friend of mine was led to God to church and stood up and was led to say "Do not worry, your son is with Me."  The soldiers mom came up to him and said she knew that word was for her.  Because God is vague on this subject in the Bible one can infer He deals with them on a case by case basis.  Many (or perhaps most) may go to Hell so DO NOT SEEK SUICIDE as an option, but seek help.  In March, 2013, my fiancé died FOUR DAYS before we were to be married, and I almost went that route, but now I am very glad I did not.  I am very happy with life now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:15:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If I give up my life for another so they can live. Is that suicide
View Quote

No that's self sacrifice, the most noble thing you can do.  Don't you see, it's not what you do, it's what you intend to do.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:09:29 AM EDT
[#48]
It's all fucking fake ass bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#49]
I was raised that suicide is a ticket to hell, unless it was something like a sacrifice to save someone else, i.e. running into a burning building or jumping on a grenade.

It's why I haven't put myself down. I'm not a good person but I try to be, and follow the Bible as best I can. However, I'm in constant debilitating pain. I also saw how my grandfather suffered from Parkinson's and think that if I begin to lose my mind it'll be even more difficult not to end myself. I've got no one that needs me and have few that would even notice I was gone and even then they benefit from my dying.

Still, I carry on because I believe God wants me to do so.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Pointless to discuss. Who are we to think that we can know these things. It is not for us to say " Oh, he did this and is going to hell". You presume to know the depths of the soul in question and of God's plan?. Better to look after yourself and not dabble in the sin of pride that such musings come from.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top