Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<Per Tango7, this is not the thread>
View Quote

Please show some respect..  
 Rip officer........prayers to the friends and family
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers sent for Officer's family.....tragedy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in a pretty boring, small town.   Pretty much work by myself away from people.

I just can't wrap my head around all these racial tensions, let alone some animal walking up behind a cop and shooting him multiple times in the back.   I just don't get it.     :/

Anyway,  prayers to the deputy and his family.    
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Just past the scene.  It is amazing how many volunteers are helping collect money for the officers family.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#8]
There was a blip on the news earlier about the family receiving death threats fro blm and fyf. I haven't any other mentions of it.
Is there any gofund me for the family?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There was a blip on the news earlier about the family receiving death threats fro blm and fyf. I haven't any other mentions of it.
View Quote

http://www.gofundme.com/ar2yzfrw
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes, I would expect them out there in support but everything in that picture tells me all I need to know about the black community as a whole in this current political climate.  

A community who relies on the willingness of law enforcement to serve and protect all communities regardless of race or wealth. A community which would tear itself apart if officers just shrugged their shoulders and wrote them off. It only takes a few to stand up and call out the race hustlers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you really expect a lot of black people to be there in support of the murdered officer?
Yes, I would expect them out there in support but everything in that picture tells me all I need to know about the black community as a whole in this current political climate.  

A community who relies on the willingness of law enforcement to serve and protect all communities regardless of race or wealth. A community which would tear itself apart if officers just shrugged their shoulders and wrote them off. It only takes a few to stand up and call out the race hustlers.

Sad that few did stand up and show up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

3, there were 3.

Edit: I am also willing to bet my next paycheck that the ones who are there are fellow LEO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Certain portions of the population seem to be missing from that crowd. Don't have anything CoC worth saying.  

3, there were 3.

Edit: I am also willing to bet my next paycheck that the ones who are there are fellow LEO.

One that was there.

"I wanted to demonstrate that all lives matter, regardless of color," said Carol Hayes, an African American woman who attended the vigil. Her family was one of the first black families to move to the neighborhood nearly 30 years ago, she said, and they always felt welcome.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#13]
did you guys watch the video in the link in question?  The first dude to comment after the crowd shots isn't what you're expecting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#14]
My family and I walked to the church where everyone gathered since it is close to my house. Hard to believe this happened, especially in our area. We paid our respects, but didn't do the full walk since we had our small kids with us. Lots of people of all colors came.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#15]
<Comment - and user - removed. -Z>

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Rest in peace,  deputy...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome back, retread.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
snip ]
View Quote

Go  fuck yourself shitbag
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#19]
WTF is going on here on Arfcom today?  I thought things got better over the past few days.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
<snip>
View Quote

Been nice knowing you, *click*
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Click and babye
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

What did this cop that was killed have to do with the piece of shit who laughed over that kid being hurt?

People are individuals. You would do well to remember that. Enjoy your time out.

eta

2nd eta sorry for quoting mod. I'm new to the thread.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#23]
RIP, deputy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What did this cop that was killed have to do with the piece of shit who laughed over that kid being hurt?

People are individuals. You would do well to remember that. Enjoy your time out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's going to be good for an insta-ban, not a time out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Back on topic...

A friend of mine from undergrad was assigned to providing a guard detail for the deputy's family last night. I'm glad that his brothers and sisters in blue are watching over his family right now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
What'd he say?

I always miss the accountfrags.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What'd he say?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What'd he say?  

I would like to know also and what damcv?? said that has people yelling ban a lifer?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

WTF is going on here on Arfcom today?  I thought things got better over the past few days.....
View Quote
I think the thread locking is causing things to boil over where they don't belong.  
R.I.P. deputy.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I would like to know also and what damcv?? said that has people yelling ban a lifer?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What'd he say?  

Please don't turn this thread into that conversation.

RIP, Deputy. Prayers out for his wife and kid. Hit the gofundme too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I hit the gofundme for what I could. Once again, respect any sympathy for the officer and his family.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I hit the gofundme for what I could. Once again, respect any sympathy for the officer and his family.

View Quote

listen to this man.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#32]
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and loved ones of the officer....
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Why's that dude's name Shannon?  That's a girls name.  Seriously
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Prayers for this officer's family and also for all of our ARFCOM LEO's.

You guys and ladies be extra careful on and off duty.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#35]
If you want to do something good go hit the gomfund me site and stop the bs. This isn't the thread for arguements or the bad taste comments.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#36]
RIP sir.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:03:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Back on topic...

A friend of mine from undergrad was assigned to providing a guard detail for the deputy's family last night. I'm glad that his brothers and sisters in blue are watching over his family right now.
View Quote

In towns like mine it will more than just cops protecting our officers if this insane, despicable behavior spreads.  

RIP, Deputy.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:28:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

The man was killed in the line of duty.

Is this the best you can do? Seriously

Shannon goes across gender. Same as Terry, Lynn, etc.

Post the name of every one of your family members going back five generations so that we can properly criticize those names.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

So's "Dakota", right?

Back on topic.  

http://abc13.com/news/huge-crowd-gathers-at-prayer-walk-to-remember-deputy-goforth/962801/

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#40]
I just watched the court proceedings and the DA said he shot the deputy15 times in the head with a .40.

Damn man.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#41]
As I said before,

Rest In Peace brother in blue, even though I am red, I am still human.

I would volunteer to do security for the family if I where near. Here in my A.O. And me being a FD Lieutenant, we help and care for our brothers in blue. They have our backs and we have theirs. The family would not have to worry about hiring or getting security in my A.O.

To all the LEO, stay safe. And to EMS/FD I know many could get fired if they are caught armed, but.... stay in charge of your own safety. We do and of course it is against policy. In the squad truck/Chiefs ride/LEO on scene of a structure fire usually a pile of pistols is,in the seat. Hey gotta suit up and go in, ohh wait I have my pistol, in the truck/chief/LEO vehicle it goes.

Running Vollie EMS here I have been on calls that where normal, then strung out/mentally unstable folks thought the EMS guy was going to get hem arrested,then they get violent, grab guns, etc. my life has been saved 3-4 times by having a CCW until deputies/city LEO arrived. Crazy folks are even shooting at FD/EMS now. I would love to get some surplus soft vest/IIIA for my guys one day. But we no budget and small city, but we are just up the road from "Little Memphis"/a.k.a. Jackson, TN. So if we have a New Madrid/grid down I know my guys will be in danger. Our Mayor is like FD/EMS does not need them. So, I will have to do it on my own somehow.

Stay safe to all and God Bless those in harms way each day.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#42]
RIP officer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Back on topic...

View Quote

Its depressing as hell that they have to be there to protect the familly of a guy gunned down for no reason.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just watched the court proceedings and the DA said he shot the deputy15 times in the head with a .40.

Damn man.
View Quote

That P.O.S. needs to be publicly executed.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#45]
RIP Deputy Goforth.

May that POS who did this burn in hell.... Soon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Damn man.
View Quote

Who shoots someone in the head 15 times!?   This guy needs to die slowly and painfully.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Yea this is getting crazy,  prayers out to the family

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Who shoots someone in the head 15 times!?   This guy needs to die slowly and painfully.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn man.

and in public.  and soon.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Damn man.
View Quote

OMG.  I hope that fucker burns in hell after he gets death penalty.

R.I.P. Deputy.  My prayers for your wife and children.  I cannot imagine the pain they are going through right now.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Rest in Peace brother.
Prayers up for your family and children.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top