Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2015 1:10:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck CBS

That fat fuck should be melted down for oil for the public's health.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Let them.  If they haven't gained any traction by now, I doubt they will.  That isn't to say there won't be more battles to fight (there will be), but at this point it's getting tougher and tougher for them.   It's like they open their mouths and NICS/sales skyrocket. lol
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
IMHO, this is the death throws of the anti-gun movement, at least for the time being.

Guns are more popular now than they have been in a while.  Lots of pro-gun people are taking politics seriously at the moment.  Military pattern rifles are now commonplace.

So yeah, this is just the liberal outrage at the fact that they didn't get what they wanted because THEY are the minority, THEY are the losers, THEY are throwing temper tantrums (which is what you do when you have lost and  don't want to be forced to accept that).

Doesn't mean we can stop being vigilant, in fact, it means we should go on the attack and get some of our damn rights back while the getting's good.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IMHO, this is the death throws of the anti-gun movement, at least for the time being.

Guns are more popular now than they have been in a while.  Lots of pro-gun people are taking politics seriously at the moment.  Military pattern rifles are now commonplace.

So yeah, this is just the liberal outrage at the fact that they didn't get what they wanted because THEY are the minority, THEY are the losers, THEY are throwing temper tantrums (which is what you do when you have lost and  don't want to be forced to accept that).

Doesn't mean we can stop being vigilant, in fact, it means we should go on the attack and get some of our damn rights back while the getting's good.
View Quote

This is exactly it.  Been saying it for a while now -- this is not the time to sit back and watch, to pat ourselves on the back for 'holding the fort', etc., now is the time to push back as hard as we can to drive it home.  If they push back, keep pushing.  If they quit and throw tantrums, keep pushing.  If they go away quietly, keep pushing.  Just. keep. on. pushing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#6]
They've been calling it a "public health issue" for years.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#7]
A couple of more effective "public health issues" that would actually save more lives:

1.  Make alcoholic beverages illegal (Oh, yeah, they already tried that, and it failed).
2.  Make private ownership of vehicles illegal. (sure, that would work)
3.  Make tobacco products illegal. (sure, people would stand for that)

Any one of the three above would save more lives than going after firearms, but I suspect I am preaching to the choir.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm worried about mentally ill people, but not guns.

There's a guy that hangs around downtown where I live that occasionally will scream and yell down trashcans like they're tunnels.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There's a guy that hangs around downtown where I live that occasionally will scream and yell down trashcans like they're tunnels.
View Quote

This.

We need warehouses for our broken toys.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Well then they should be advocating for the full legalization of silencers too shouldn't they?  Hearing loss IS a public health issue as well, is it not?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#11]
This will have much greater potential for success than nay other route they have taken so far.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else find it hilarious the spokesman for public health was a fat slob? Lol, yep,  gun safety should be his primary health concern.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They've been calling it a "public health issue" for years.
View Quote

Yeah it has been an epidemic for a while.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#14]
What is amazing to me is, the language of the 2nd amendment is clearly written. It is sad how many people die each year to gun deaths.

But, magically liberals can find the "right" to abortion hidden somewhere in the amendments, of which has claimed millions of innocent lives.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't be so confident on maintaining the status quo.  

I'm afraid it will only take another Newton type tragedy with a live broadcast, similar to what just happen in Roanoke, and the gun control issue will turn very quickly.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck CBS

View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#17]
216 murdered in Chicago this year so far.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#18]
It's for the children  It's for the Reporters.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm afraid it will only take another Newton type tragedy with a live broadcast, similar to what just happen in Roanoke, and the gun control issue will turn very quickly.
View Quote

They can turn it any way they want.  Fact is, the vast majority of states have expanded gun freedoms and rights since Newton etc, so good luck with changing the constitution and the second amendment in any direction other than trimming it to "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall never be infringed. Period"
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep, still got the right to smoke...er......kill yourself.

They're busy taking away the right to defend your life though, interesting, and schizophrenic.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone find it hilarious that more people die of obesity related issues than guns, yet the guy saying this is morbidly obese?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

FPNI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck CBS

FPNI

Yeah, that was pretty funny.    :)
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#23]
When I see him, I can't help but think of this:
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#24]
and as usual exactly what would "more gun control" accomplish??

Banning "High capacity" magazines? The most recent Gay, Black, Murderer fired four rounds (including the one that took his own life). Nobody, not even the most rabid of anti-gunners can work that into a serious magazine limit proposal.

Background checks? Again, the Gay, Black murderer and the Whitetrash Murderer in SC both passed background checks. That fucking did a lot of good. Meanwhile, known "Prohibited Purchasers" also seem to have no problem getting a gun, illegally

Gun Free Zones? We have all seen the tragic results of disarming the law/rule abiding.

Outlaw guns completely? Look at the daily body count in places like Chicago, D.C. and Detroit. All "guns controlled Utopias"

What is truly ironic is that the same people calling the police racist, civil rights violators for going after known violent criminals  would very gladly have those same police kick in your door at 2am because you exercise your 2A Right AND might be thinking about committing a crime at some point in the future.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Just wait until we get single payer Healthcare.  That is when you will see the real "guns as a public health issue" argument ramp up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Only those inclined to wrongdoing would have them. That is a public health issue in itself.

#goobamacare
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does anyone find it hilarious that more people die of obesity related issues than guns, yet the guy saying this is morbidly obese?
View Quote

CBS should start a campaign for suppressors, both on firearms and forks.

Sound suppressors for firearms, since at least while they are trying to ban them, they can quiet them down a little.

Suppressors for forks to curtail the obesity epidemic.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I hope this backfires.

Seat belts are REQUIRED for safety.
Airbags are REQUIRED for safety.
Fire extinguishers are REQUIRED for safety.

Guns are REQUIRED for safety.

The logic that requires items to protect oneself from a possible threat does not support banning of firearms.

Then again... This is the rabid anti-gun left. Logic is not their speciality.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#30]
The strength of the  push is directly proportional to the increase in gun sales!
Push gun control = Gun sales increases.
Kind of counterproductive to their cause! Fucking commie idiots!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Banning "High capacity" magazines? The most recent Gay, Black, Murderer fired four rounds (including the one that took his own life). Nobody, not even the most rabid of anti-gunners can work that into a serious magazine limit proposal.

Background checks? Again, the Gay, Black murderer and the Whitetrash Murderer in SC both passed background checks. That fucking did a lot of good. Meanwhile, known "Prohibited Purchasers" also seem to have no problem getting a gun, illegally

Gun Free Zones? We have all seen the tragic results of disarming the law/rule abiding.

Outlaw guns completely? Look at the daily body count in places like Chicago, D.C. and Detroit. All "guns controlled Utopias"

What is truly ironic is that the same people calling the police racist, civil rights violators for going after known violent criminals  would very gladly have those same police kick in your door at 2am because you exercise your 2A Right AND might be thinking about committing a crime at some point in the future.

View Quote

Are you deaf? He fired at least that many into the female reporter alone?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Perhaps that guy should worry about stopping his personal contribution to the obesity epidemic.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was mistaken. It was eight rounds at the victims. Still New York SAFE Act compliant.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They can turn it any way they want.  Fact is, the vast majority of states have expanded gun freedoms and rights since Newton etc, so good luck with changing the constitution and the second amendment in any direction other than trimming it to "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall never be infringed. Period"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just saying, it can happen and it can happen fast.  

All it takes is an outlandish act of violence that is SEEN by all and the view of the nation can shift swiftly.  We read about the number of murders on the internet, see figures on TV, but we don't see it actually happen.  I'm afraid this Roanoke recording of the event and blasting unto the internet for all to see will be copied to a level that will create an instant shift on the gun control.  I pray that it doesn't happen, but where do you think the nation's stance on gun control would be if Newtown would've been recorded and splashed on the internet like Roanoke?

The thought of it makes me sick, but it could happen and gun freedoms will change due the outrage.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd argue for liberal whack-job control but they defunded the asylums long ago.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Make firearms training tax deductible.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I hope this backfires.

Seat belts are REQUIRED for safety.
Airbags are REQUIRED for safety.
Fire extinguishers are REQUIRED for safety.

Guns are REQUIRED for safety.

The logic that requires items to protect oneself from a possible threat does not support banning of firearms.

Then again... This is the rabid anti-gun left. Logic is not their speciality.
View Quote

Simple....
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

There was a guy that lived next to my MIL that would run up and down the street, tin foil hat ( seriously ) and nothing else but underwear.  

He was always talking about voices and .gov beaming radio waves into your head, thus causing you to do crazy stuff, like kill people.

He died in his sleep of a heart attack, ( RIP Bud ) but yea, he belonged somewhere where he could get the help he needed, instead of drinking and taking meds.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anyone else find it hilarious the spokesman for public health was a fat slob? Lol, yep,  gun safety should be his primary health concern.
View Quote

I wonder with the deciding factor for his job was?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A couple of more effective "public health issues" that would actually save more lives:

1.  Make alcoholic beverages illegal (Oh, yeah, they already tried that, and it failed).
2.  Make private ownership of vehicles illegal. (sure, that would work)
3.  Make tobacco products illegal. (sure, people would stand for that)

Any one of the three above would save more lives than going after firearms, but I suspect I am preaching to the choir.
View Quote

And none of those are specifically protected by the Constitution.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I was mistaken. It was eight rounds at the victims. Still New York SAFE Act compliant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know what video you watched but the guy mag dumped into this people.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Public health issue is liberalism and the misinformation they spew.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#44]
They probably missed the incident in LA during which the perp stabbed three women, one fatally, then killed a cop with his own gun. On the same day as the VA murders. But the LA incident doesn't fit the narrative.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Control the language you control the conversation.

Its not about infringing on your right to self defense its about public health.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, Gun Control IS a public health issue.  Guns, on the other hand, are not.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just wait until we get single payer Healthcare.  That is when you will see the real "guns as a public health issue" argument ramp up.
View Quote

They'll say that the reduced amount of gunshot victims will save tax money.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#48]
...and today about 5000 more cable subscribers just like any other day  across the US cut the cable switching to internet news and entertainment, all while the politically activist agenda driven network heads wonder why.

Soon CBS will have as many watching them as MSNBC and CNN (single digits), while sites like Drudge explode having to ad servers to keep up with demand.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top