BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2015 12:17:25 PM EDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESkXnBVHkko
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If they want to do it right (and keep the theme going), the teams should - for one weekend only - buy a bone stock Challenger, Camaro or Mustang (depending on team), strip them and prep them for racing.

The Toyota teams will have to sit this one out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
next weekend
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they want to do it right (and keep the theme going), the teams should - for one weekend only - buy a bone stock Challenger, Camaro or Mustang (depending on team), strip them and prep them for racing.

View Quote

I have not watched NASCAR since the 90's but I would start back if they did that.  Get back to NASCAR.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
I like your style.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean have the National Association for STOCK CAR Auto Racing use stock-based race cars? What kind of tom-foolery is this?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I like your style.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like your style.

No four door cars or front wheel drive crap. And it should be run what you brung ...no motor restrictions.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You mean have the National Association for STOCK CAR Auto Racing use stock-based race cars? What kind of tom-foolery is this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm an idea man. I like to think outside the box.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The problem with NASCAR is that kids these days don't like cars much less like racing cars.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Paint does not make a car old .maybe someone will add some rust like the rat rods.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would be badass.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The sponsors love all the attention these deals create.
BIG exposure bang for their buck

For the teams...
Every time they change a paint scheme, they make a fortune on collectables (die cast, shirts, hats, etc)
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#12]
It'll be the same bullshit just with "throwback" paint schemes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh fuck, I'm agreeing with a brony.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do this, and race on road courses, and I'd be NASCAR's biggest fan.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, if its the 70's then everyone should be able to bring their CBF's....
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Ford and Chevy can switch to their pony cars, Toyota's going to pull out an LF-A...

But yeah, I see your point: pull out your actual stock cars and prep them for racing (roll cage). Toyota running a Camry would be fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

For the teams...

Every time they change a paint scheme, they make a fortune on collectables (die cast, shirts, hats, etc)

View Quote

That's another thing that annoys the fuck outta me. I can't recognize anyone. Not since '07 or so until last week when the Rainbow came back. I don't mind them doing something special for the Daytona 500, Coke 600, Pepsi 400 - the BIG races, but stop changing for every damn race.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They DO race on Road Courses.  Cup hits Sonoma and Watkins Glen
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant for more than just two races. Make them all road course events!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You all could go watch the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge then.  Give or take, that's what they already do.  

Then again NASCAR was almost never "Stock."  The cars don't bother me, the PC robots driving them do.

Edit... The cars and the rule package do drive me nuts, but I have zero expectations of them being stock.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If Ford and Chevy can switch to their pony cars, Toyota's going to pull out an LF-A...

But yeah, I see your point: pull out your actual stock cars and prep them for racing (roll cage). Toyota running a Camry would be fucking hilarious.
View Quote

Better than this.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's another thing that annoys the fuck outta me. I can't recognize anyone. Not since '07 or so until last week when the Rainbow came back. I don't mind them doing something special for the Daytona 500, Coke 600, Pepsi 400 - the BIG races, but stop changing for every damn race.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the teams...

I do agree, but multi-year FULL season sponsorship packages are pretty much extinct.
Thus the hodge-podge

It does make figuring out who everyone is a PITA on any given weekend
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You all could go watch the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge then.  Give or take, that's what they already do.  

http://americancarsamericangirls.com/show/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/199l5soyabxzkjpg.jpg

Then again NASCAR was almost never "Stock."  The cars don't bother me, the PC robots driving them do.
View Quote

Even the V8 Supercars are more "stock" than NASCAR.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#24]
will the winners circle girls be in bikinis instead of fireproof burkhas?
will there be cigarettes and beer prominently displayed?
will there be real actual racing?
will rebel flags be allowed?
will the infield fights be actual fights and not slapfests?
will they be actual stock cars with roll cages installed?

no?

no care
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://americancarsamericangirls.com/show/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/199l5soyabxzkjpg.jpg

Edit... The cars and the rule package do drive me nuts, but I have zero expectations of them being stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.
IMSA/SCCA would be the answer
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

V8 Supercar is some exciting racing
Those Aussies are a bare-knuckled bunch
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#27]
This pleases me

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Bingo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

Well shit. I need to find that on TV!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea that would be hilarious, especially by lap 100 when the Camry would be the only car still running.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Cigarettes and beer sponsors. Drivers actually fighting instead of pushing. Yeah I might watch then.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

no?

no care
View Quote

Coors Pole Award gal is fking hot.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I understand where you're coming from and it would be nice to be able to do that. But the reality is that it's just not safe to make a car go that fast unless it's purpose built for it from the ground up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin this. The only difference between the cars are the paint jobs. Nothing remotely stock about any of them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I understand where you're coming from and it would be nice to be able to do that. But the reality is that it's just not safe to make a car go that fast unless it's purpose built for it from the ground up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell that to these guys:

I realize they're not on super speedway ovals, but it can be done.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no?

no care

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Leisure/2009/pole-girl-876.jpg

are they hot?  nobody knows.  however, they're protected in case winners circle catches fire

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, might be embarrassing when the Camry hands their ass to them.  Also, why would the other guys be allowed to switch their cars?  Chevy might as well run the Corvette then.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Tell that to these guys:

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/styles/video_still_image/public/images/alms101/Conti%20Image.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell that to these guys:

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/styles/video_still_image/public/images/alms101/Conti%20Image.jpg

Remember the Porsche at Daytona that had the possum smash through the front end and end up in the trunk ? Imagine if that was hunk of metal, a rim or brake rotor. I go the local track all the time. A good friend of mine got a chopper ride to the hospital after smashing the wall in a sportsman car. They were running stock front clips/sub frames. Shit came through the firewall. Had another driver crash and the driveshaft came through the floor and went through his leg. He was taken to the ER with it still in his leg. The cars just aren't as strong and safe as they could be. With that said, Indy car lost Justin Wilson in a purpose built race car.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah, might be embarrassing when the Camry hands their ass to them.  Also, why would the other guys be allowed to switch their cars?  Chevy might as well run the Corvette then.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's a 70's themed race (remember?), and those are the closest the Big 3 (remember them back in the day?) have at the moment to the stuff they used to run.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

are they hot?  nobody knows.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no?

no care

are they hot?  nobody knows.  

Check her instagram to confirm https://instagram.com/amandamertz/

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#41]
So 70's style Busch too?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So 70's style Busch too?
View Quote

I think most ladies stay well groomed these days.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Remember the Porsche at Daytona that had the possum smash through the front end and end up in the trunk ? Imagine if that was hunk of metal, a rim or brake rotor. I go the local track all the time. A good friend of mine got a chopper ride to the hospital after smashing the wall in a sportsman car. They were running stock front clips/sub frames. Shit came through the firewall. Had another driver crash and the driveshaft came through the floor and went through his leg. He was taken to the ER with it still in his leg. The cars just aren't as strong and safe as they could be. With that said, Indy car lost Justin Wilson in a purpose built race car.
View Quote

All of this was true back in the 70's. too. I thought this was supposed to be a 70's themed race.

But yeah, I know why they'll never do it, and I totally get it. But a man can dream...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So 70's style Busch too?
View Quote

Yeah, Busch and Miller Lite are both being sold in the 70's style throwback cans at this race!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Who give a flying shit what they are driving? From purpose built cars to a brand new camaro,mustang, challenger. The cars they race now are faster, safer, and put it all in the drivers hands. The guys that can win races win. Those who can't don't. It doesn't matter who can design the most aerodynamic car or any of that shit. It's how well the driver can race.

Going back to "stock" will be more dangerous and slower. Not to mention all the manufacturers grouping up because of who can build the most aerodynamic or can throw the most money at a car.

Would it be cool to own the (relatively) same car that your favorite driver races? Sure it would, but what's the point? The manufacturers don't need any help making innovations and progressing their publicly sold cars. They do that fine now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So 70's style Busch too?

No the beer sickko
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So 70's style Busch too?
View Quote

I like em furry too
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

are they hot?  nobody knows.  however, they're protected in case winners circle catches fire

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ayQi144ngCU/Uv5W2HF9xzI/AAAAAAAAwDQ/ES9ahGYYoaI/s1600/Kasey_Kahne_NASCAR_Miss_Food_City_opp4300.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no?

no care

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ayQi144ngCU/Uv5W2HF9xzI/AAAAAAAAwDQ/ES9ahGYYoaI/s1600/Kasey_Kahne_NASCAR_Miss_Food_City_opp4300.jpg

That face on the gal in the background.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#49]
She is the girl in Jason Aldeans Burnin it Down music video...

Song sucks...but trust me....the video don't

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no?

no care

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I like em furry too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So 70's style Busch too?

I like em furry too

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top