Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2015 10:17:12 AM EDT
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/most-hilarious-revelation-ashley-madison-hack-yet-031557791.html

But here’s the really amazing thing: When Gizmodo went to see how many Ashley Madison users checked messages they’d received from other users, the website found a hilarious disparity that showed the ratio of men checking messages to women checking messages was 13,585 : 1. Seriously.
View Quote

"Overall, the picture is grim indeed. Out of 5.5 million female accounts, roughly zero percent had ever shown any kind of activity at all, after the day they were created,”
View Quote

Men = cheatin whores.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#1]
lol, yep!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#2]
So the whole thing was a scam then--yet another way to separate foolish horny guys from their money.

I had read somewhere that most of those "hookup" sites are like that.  They give a guy a free trial, have "bots" message the mark until he shells out for a membership, then nothing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So the whole thing was a scam then--yet another way to separate foolish horny guys from their money.

I had read somewhere that most of those "hookup" sites are like that.  They give a guy a free trial, have "bots" message the mark until he shells out for a membership, then nothing.
View Quote

Don't be ridiculous.  

The adult industry wouldn't abuse customers like that.  They have morals.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So the whole thing was a scam then--yet another way to separate foolish horny guys and their money.
View Quote

No more a scam than Craigslist or any other dating site, - it just reveals a reality about the difference between the sexes and bots are created by opportunists who understand the reality.

Women, should they be inclined to cheat, don't need a hookup site.

Men, should they be inclined to cheat, treat the internet like Pussy Amazon and believe they can just order it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No more a scam than Craigslist or any other dating site, - it just reveals a reality about the difference between the sexes and bots are created by opportunists who understand the reality.

Men, should they be inclined to cheat, treat the internet like Pussy Amazon and believe they can just order it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So the whole thing was a scam then--yet another way to separate foolish horny guys and their money.

You can, just not from Ashley Madison.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/most-hilarious-revelation-ashley-madison-hack-yet-031557791.html

But here’s the really amazing thing: When Gizmodo went to see how many Ashley Madison users checked messages they’d received from other users, the website found a hilarious disparity that showed the ratio of men checking messages to women checking messages was 13,585 : 1. Seriously.
View Quote

"Overall, the picture is grim indeed. Out of 5.5 million female accounts, roughly zero percent had ever shown any kind of activity at all, after the day they were created,”
View Quote

Men = cheatin whores.

View Quote

Lol.  Men do think with their members, and I have known some who cheat.  I've also known women who cheat as well though.  

The men act like they are at a store, and typically want nothing more than to get their rocks off.  This is why these "cheating' sites work.  Plus, men can window shop, which is also satisfying for some.

Women, on the other had, care less about window shopping, and are typically into the experience to fill some void they have in their own relationship.  They are more likely to cheat with someone they know, and with whom they have some sort of connection to outside of the physical desire to have sex.  This might explain the disparity in ratios for sites like this.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was my experience with sites like Christian mingle.   I paid for a year membership and I got responses from maybe two women. I had a similar experience with eHarmony,  and match.com.

Pull the membership and the messages start flying.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#8]
So, statistically speaking, was it even possible for someone with an AM account to actually follow through with cheating? It sounds like the whole site was a lure to pull men in and get their money, but it looks to be doubtful that any were actually successful in their endeavors at infidelity via that website.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Tinder is where it's at, it's fee it works and the girls are real.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tinder is where it's at, it's fee it works and the girls are real fat.
View Quote

Fixed for your pleasure.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, statistically speaking, was it even possible for someone with an AM account to actually follow through with cheating? It sounds like the whole site was a lure to pull men in and get their money, but it looks to be doubtful that any were actually successful in their endeavors at infidelity via that website.
View Quote

Doesn't matter to wives if the husbands were successful or not. INTENT convicted them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Not married, never used AM, but these ratios shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Every single online dating site/app is a sausagefest, for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's a shrewd business model.

And I didn't think of it.
 womenwholovegunsandrealmen.com

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Men = cheatin whores.

View Quote

Ashley Madison = foreign intelligence op to collect potential sources.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That was my experience with sites like Christian mingle.   I paid for a year membership and I got responses from maybe two women. I had a similar experience with eHarmony,  and match.com.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ads for that site make my skin crawl. How it doesn't offend the hell out of Christians, I'll never know.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#18]
The number of .gov and .mil addresses in the dataset was astounding.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#19]
The best summary of the difference between men and women I've ever heard came from a female co-worker of mine years ago: "Men like to have sex with strangers, and women don't."

It pretty much sums up everything.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Amazon Pussy is a fantastic business idea, swingset.  

How do you feel about a LLP?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The best summary of the difference between men and women I've ever heard came from a female co-worker of mine years ago: "Men like to have sex with strangers, and women don't."

It pretty much sums up everything.
View Quote

That's not what I've observed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd like to be an investor. We can call it Pussy Prime.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#23]
lol at everyone who think men are the only cheaters.  The reality is women do not have to go to the internet to get laid.

It's amazing how many of my female friends and so gets hit on by just going to a bar or concert, it's pathetic really.

They don't need emails, credit cards, accounts, or any of that shit, they just need to be visible to a male.  

A great example is a female going to the gun range herself, she's just there to shoot herself and she will be inundated by men trying to give advice, help, or something else... all looking to hookup on some level.

A family friend I know is HUGE, she's the biggest man beast you can find, it's disgusting... guess what?  She's not been once without a guy, guys literally line up.  She's not good looking, she's morbidly obese, and she has an attitude... but she has something guys want and I guess it is a working deal for her.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With one hour delivery in select locations??
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you going to offer Prime accounts?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

lol at everyone here who think men are the only cheaters.

View Quote

Who said that?

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tinder is where it's at, it's fee it works and the girls really have herpes.
View Quote

yup. your right
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Who said that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol at everyone here who think men are the only cheaters.

Who said that?

Shouldn't have said "here", was referring to the article shit and the general consensus.  Redacted.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
the fire chief in my town was fired last week for this. he used his dept email and pc for the account and spent around 900.00 on the site.... yes he is a fucking dumbass and everyone that knows him has know he was a moron for years.
View Quote

Sounds like AM did the world a good service after all then.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A great example is a female going to the gun range herself, she's just there to shoot herself and she will be inundated by men trying to give advice, help, or something else... all looking to hookup on some level.
View Quote

Maybe all those men just want to help her not do that
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No no no no no.   Prime Pussy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I can figure out how to get a drone to haul a 105lb chick with daddy issues safely in inclement weather, I see no reason this can't be a real game changer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Men = cheatin whores.

View Quote

My ex wife sure didn't need a website to cheat. For the most part, women don't need technology to get laid. A good portion of men need all the available technical means available just to merely say hi to a woman, let alone hook up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top