Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2015 5:22:57 AM EDT
Well that didn't take long.

Dad calls out FBHO to do more on "gun control".

Andy Parker told The Washington Post that his wife first learned of the shooting in a text message from WDBJ-TV.

About an hour after the shooting, a senior manager at the station called the family to say Alison Parker had been killed.

The gunman — a former colleague who’d been fired from the station —
apparently recorded the shooting that also left cameraman Adam Ward dead
and posted video of it on social media.

Andy Parker says he refuses to watch it.

View Quote

http://wgntv.com/2015/08/27/father-of-slain-reporter-alison-parker-calls-for-gun-control/

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:25:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I am sad for his loss. really.

but he can go fuck himself..

if her daughter had been ran over by the perp, would he be blaming cars right now ? yeah, right...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]
And maybe if he had taught baby that guns aren't bad, he would be talking to his daughter right now instead of mourning her.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And maybe if he had taught baby that guns aren't bad, he would be talking to his daughter right now instead of mourning her.

View Quote

Well, to be fair, guns were bad for his daughter.........just sayin'
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, not to sound harsh.  She should of had one of her own.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah!  Those dang inanimate objects.  It's all their fault!!!!111!

Idiot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry, but she could have had an AR in her hands and her camera man could have had a 1911 in his, it would not have stopped "this" tragedy.

You see professional reporters are TRAINED to have tunnel vision. They focus on the camera, the rest of the world fades to a blur.

This reporter was doing her job. Exactly as she should have done it. She was being professional.

On top of that there was no reason for her to think she was in a danger zone to begin with. She wasn't in downtown Detroit, or Aleppo Syria. Reporters can't have their head on a swivel while reporting. It would look stupid and also make them look like some kind of mental patient. It would look VERY UN-natural  on camera.

Short of providing Secret Service level security to every reporter, this was not preventable.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]
The Radical, Black, Militant Racist could have been stopped by a good guy with a gun.

However, a good guy with a gun would have to be in the right place at the right time.

Unfortunately, this wasn't one of those times.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:57:43 AM EDT
[#9]
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE !!! Why is that so hard to understand?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, but she could have had an AR in her hands and her camera man could have had a 1911 in his, it would not have stopped "this" tragedy.

You see professional reporters are TRAINED to have tunnel vision. They focus on the camera, the rest of the world fades to a blur.

This reporter was doing her job. Exactly as she should have done it. She was being professional.

On top of that there was no reason for her to think she was in a danger zone to begin with. She wasn't in downtown Detroit, or Aleppo Syria. Reporters can't have their head on a swivel while reporting. It would look stupid and also make them look like some kind of mental patient. It would look VERY UN-natural  on camera.

Short of providing Secret Service level security to every reporter, this was not preventable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  

I feel for this guy and his loss, but blaming guns doesnt help anything.  
We need to look at the real roots of the issue-
Mental illness
Extremeist Left behavior (which has hurt a LOT more people than extreme right)
Warning signs that were left ignored. There HAD to be some sort of warning, something told in confidence to someone (unless he was truely alone in this world)
Giving these types glory in Media.  They seeking their five minutes of fame.

These things should be dealt with FIRST, long before anyone should argue that we need 'gun control' and the correct 'loopholes'.

And FBHO and all the others who stood on these dead bodies and shouted their rhetoric before the bodies even reached room temp.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This.  

Mental illness
Warning signs that were left ignored. There HAD to be some sort of warning, something told in confidence to someone (unless he was truely alone in this world)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  

Mental illness

Just be careful of absolutes. You may have to eat them.

Plenty of far right wackos out there. Religious cults and KKK and extremists on "the right" as well.

Not saying your statement is totally wrong. Just be aware there are sicko's on both sides. Hurting people does not always equate to death and dismemberment. Lots of folks hurt psychologically by extremist views and lifestyles.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, to be fair, guns a raged idiot was were bad for his daughter.........just sayin'
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, to be fair, guns a raged idiot was were bad for his daughter.........just sayin'

A firearm had nothing to do with the perps mental state.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

but he can go fuck himnelf..

if her daughter had been ran over by the perp, would he be blaming cars right now ? yeah, right...
View Quote

Sometimes it's just better to say nothing.  

Or if you really can't help yourself, at least use proper grammar.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just commenting on his statement.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Or if you really just can't help yourself, at least use proper grammar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you ? A white knighting grammar/spellcheck nazi ? Or just somebody willing to say something ?

When you reply me in French, Italian, or German, so I can check your grammar, I'll give about 2 fucks and a half about your opinion..
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What are you ? A white knighting grammar/spellcheck nazi ? Or just somebody willing to say something ?

When you reply me in French, Italian, or German, so I can check your grammar, I'll give 2 fucks about your opinion..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you reply me in French, Italian, or German, so I can check your grammar, I'll give 2 fucks about your opinion..

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shung is right.  Her father just pissed all over me and can now fuck himself.
This isn't the forum for PC. Go away.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

a gun would not helped her at all.  a vest may have have helped her more that a gun.if she would have had a gun she would probably be dead with the gun still in her holster. she was ambushed and really had no chance. what if this interview took place on a street corner? he could have waited for the interview to start and just ran all 3 over with a car killing them all. the chances of surviving and ambush are very small.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#20]
This young lady grew up in my home town. She was murdered 35 miles from our home town. Both are small towns with small town living, where it seems everyone knows each other.  I m not talking Mayberry small but still small. We are not use to people walking up and pulling a gun. I m not saying crime doesnt happen here, its just not a big city area where people do this type of thing. I dont understand how she didnt see him walk up either. The only thing I figure is she was focusing on her job and she probably just thought he was walking up to watch the interview.

As far as her dad, I know who he is but I dont know him personally. He just lost his baby girl, so his reaction IMO is that of a grieving dad. I hope and pray that I never find out how he feels.

Its easy to sit behind the keyboard and say 'fuck her dad' and all those other comments when you havent walked in his shoes. I hope and pray you never find out how he feels too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:40:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When you reply me in French, Italian, or German, so I can check your grammar, I'll give about 2 fucks and a half about your opinion..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least your grammar has improved somewhat.  You don't sound quite as ignorant now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:40:36 AM EDT
[#22]
So this guy has failed to teach his daughter how to look after herself and/or he couldn't be there to protect her so now he has to blame guns.  How progressive of him.

Fuck him.

That said; ambushes are hard to protect against. Angry crazy people even more so. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

I believe that an armed society will become a more polite society and if some asshole starts waving a handgun around within feet of me angling for a shot....he/she is going to get hurt. Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140423034814/roblox-apocalypse-rising/images/thumb/2/2a/Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg/500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

shung is right that is why it escalated quickly. we all are sad for his loss. now that his daughter was murdered he wants to ban guns. well fuck that why should me or my wife be defenseless against an attacker? my wife cant knife fight with just about any male attacker. i prefer she shoot him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:43:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This young lady grew up in my home town. She was murdered 35 miles from our home town. Both are small towns with small town living, where it seems everyone knows each other.  I m not talking Mayberry small but still small. We are not use to people walking up and pulling a gun. I m not saying crime doesnt happen here, its just not a big city area where people do this type of thing. I dont understand how she didnt see him walk up either. The only thing I figure is she was focusing on her job and she probably just thought he was walking up to watch the interview.

As far as her dad, I know who he is but I dont know him personally. He just lost his baby girl, so his reaction IMO is that of a grieving dad. I hope and pray that I never find out how he feels.

Its easy to sit behind the keyboard and say 'fuck her dad' and all those other comments when you havent walked in his shoes. I hope and pray you never find out how he feels too.
View Quote

It's up to people NOT emotionally invested to make rational analysis and decisions.. Not the other way around. No matter how big is his pain right now, he should have know this before, and should simply remember it.

Because he is in pain, he would like to strip lots of people of their rights. It's not because a criminals took his daughter, that he can take peoples rights.

Some people in worse shoes were never asked to go fuck themselves.. Like this mother whose kid was shot by mistake by his friend while he peeked at his window in the middle of the night..  She didn't blame guns for what had happened.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#26]

The husband of Vicki Gardner, the woman who survived, was just being interviewed on Fox.

He said he blames the shooter, not the gun, because if he hadn't used a gun he would have just used a knife or something else.

FINALLY! A voice of reason.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The husband of Vicki Gardner, the woman who survived, was just being interviewed on Fox.

He said he blames the shooter, not the gun, because if he hadn't used a gun he would have just used a knife or something else.

View Quote

Came in to post that !
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Came in to post that !

EDIT: Apparently I came in to post it 2X
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Came in to post that !

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came in to post that !

i said the other day that the crazy hermaph would have just used a machete or something....are we going to ban machetes?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

At least your grammar has improved somewhat.  You don't sound quite as ignorant now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's great. You don't sound quite like the politically correct white knighting tool either anymore.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#31]
If he isn't going to spend time grieving and is going to turn political over his dead daughter fuck him.  The last thing I'd do if, God forbid, one of my children were murdered is be going on shows spouting political views.  I'd be speechless for a very long time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's great. You don't sound quite like the politically correct white knighting tool either anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't criticizing the message, rather the hillbilly ignorance displayed in your particular response.   Reading comprehension is fundamental.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fucking nazis
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#34]
He should be honest and admit that he's trying to get support to violate civil rights.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:59:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saw that, too.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wasn't criticizing the message, rather the hillbilly ignorance displayed in your particular response. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

View Quote

Riiiight..

So actually you were not criticizing the message, but only pissing on the foreign author of the message (that you agreed with) because it was not correctly formulated in English ?

Only you can think that this is a better excuse...

Careful. You sound like you used to again...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Riiiight..

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/AndieFlynn/animated%20gifs/ku-medium-7.jpg

So actually you were not criticizing the message, but only pissing on the foreign author of the message (that you agreed with) because it was not correctly formulated in English ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wasn't criticizing the message, rather the hillbilly ignorance displayed in your particular response. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

Riiiight..

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/AndieFlynn/animated%20gifs/ku-medium-7.jpg

LOL, still room for improvement.  I'll chalk that up to hysteria.

Foreign authors.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:15:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wasn't criticizing the message, rather the hillbilly ignorance displayed in your particular response.   Reading comprehension is fundamental.

View Quote

California? Guilty.

Please elaborate on the hillbilly ignorance being displayed here...

In the USA, her father has a right to open his stupid mouth and whine about taking away everyone's rights. The poster above has every right to tell this man to go fuck himself.

You are correct in thinking that the father shouldn't have said anything at all. Instead, he chose to pander to the media and the left's anti-gun agenda on the back of his daughter's corpse.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#39]
LOL, still room for improvement. I'll chalk that up to hysteria.

Foreign authors.
View Quote

I am glad to see that you contest the form but not the content... Again. Confirming what I posted earlier.

When you are done educating me on how to properly and grammatically correctly tell a man to go fuck himself, maybe you can go saving some puppy or princess, or something...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't agree, if they would have been armed, I doubt that the shooter would have taken the risk, they are cowards for the most part, I think that has been shown, when  confronted with another gun in the scenario they crumble.

The fact they are anti-situationally aware is their fault, they should realize they are not bullet-proof, from anything, that is partly what got them killed.

This should be a lesson for all of us. It can and will happen in the most innocent place.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#41]
I wonder if he got any prodding from the gun grabbers in DC or elsewhere

Just a thought
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I don't agree, if they would have been armed, I doubt that the shooter would have taken the risk, they are cowards for the most part, I think that has been shown, when  confronted with another gun in the scenario they crumble.

The fact they are anti-situationally aware is their fault, they should realize they are not bullet-proof, from anything, that is partly what got them killed.

This should be a lesson for all of us. It can and will happen in the most innocent place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How did the lady being interviewed not see him when he first showed

Seems from the dirtbags video that he may have been in her sight
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wife and I were speaking to our pastor about security at church, I mentioned the shooter recording his side of the shooting, if I remember correctly, he stood their pointing the gun at them for a few to 20 seconds, seemed like forever at first, to me that would have been enough time to have reacted and shoot first.

Myself and the wife, and a couple other friends go to the range about every week or other and train with timers to pull and shoot at 10-20 feet with multiple targets.

I feel for the father's loss, if it was my daughter I would be asking for moar folks to be armed, but that's just me, I am sure I would get no coverage since it doesn't fit the Whitehouse or media's agenda.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#44]
So did this murderer have some kind of mental health history?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The wife and I were speaking to our pastor about security at church, I mentioned the shooter recording his side of the shooting, if I remember correctly, he stood their pointing the gun at them for a few to 20 seconds, seemed like forever at first, to me that would have been enough time to have reacted and shoot first.

Myself and the wife, and a couple other friends go to the range about every week or other and train with timers to pull and shoot at 10-20 feet with multiple targets.

I feel for the father's loss, if it was my daughter I would be asking for moar folks to be armed, but that's just me, I am sure I would get no coverage since it doesn't fit the Whitehouse or media's agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would guess the interviewee also had tunnel vision or simply didn't recognize what was happening. To us, it's blatantly obvious what was going on because most of us are familiar with guns, but it might have been such a strange occurrence that she didn't process what was going on. Even if she had seen him, had been armed, and reacted, there probably wouldn't have been much difference in the outcome. He already had his gun drawn and pointed at them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Plenty of sheep out there -sometimes they Baaaah
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#48]
From what I heard the bright camera light may have had them somewhat blinded from what was going on behind the camera. Makes sense. And of course, the cameraman never saw it coming.
BTW, why are we not rioting and burning all of our shit down?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
From what I heard the bright camera light may have had them somewhat blinded from what was going on behind the camera. Makes sense. And of course, the cameraman never saw it coming.
BTW, why are we not rioting and burning all of our shit down?
View Quote

too busy working ?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One security guy watching their blind spot would do it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top