Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Fucking shrooms. I bet we could legalize them and in less then a year every shroom shop in the country would be out of business. I would wager that an extremely small percentage of people that ever do them would do them again.

People who say you don't hallucinate on shrooms have never eaten enough.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I went to UT, I lived in a co-op.  We generally had 5 people sharing 2 bathrooms, a shower, and a tub (4 separate rooms).  One year we found a group had decided to use their tub as a mushroom farm.  Really great, they had filled it with shit and everything...
View Quote

Was Ralph still around?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fucking shrooms. I bet we could legalize them and in less then a year every shroom shop in the country would be out of business. I would wager that an extremely small percentage of people that ever do them would do them again.

View Quote

Everybody I know that has done mushrooms would do them right now if they were legal. Seriously I don't think I've ever met somebody that's had a bad experience with them. They should be legal to grow for personal use in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Everybody I know that has done mushrooms would do them right now if they were legal. Seriously I don't think I've ever met somebody that's had a bad experience with them. They should be legal to grow for personal use in my opinion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a friend who works for a major financial corporation doing programming who swears they cured his PTSD.  I don't know about that.  The one time I may have tried enough to get any kind of effect, my walls were wavy and Day of Defeat, a half life mod, was...

Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have....but again, moderation is key...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not the shrooms, it's the chocolate.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck shrooms!!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I bet the person who owns the grow house is a fungi.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I would want it taken down if it was in my neighborhood only because of the type of traffic it can generate.  I have first hand experience with this as a house down the street from me turned into a flop house for potheads after the parents died in an accident and left the house to their kid in their 20s.  Went from nice house with nice maintained yard to him and all his friends trashing the place within a few months, cars parked in the yard and always some sort of gathering.  Cops raided it one night and I think he got his shit together because he still lives there but don't ever see other cars there anymore.

I could not care less if you want to smoke dope or get high on shrooms, but I do not want the people that are permanently entrenched in that lifestyle frequenting my neighborhood.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bet the person who owns the grow house is a fungi.
View Quote

Zing!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I may or may not have built some class 100 cleanrooms with self contained HEPA filters and had a few spares left over, and I may or may not have assisted my Architect neighbor in his attempt to cultivate some of said prohibited items

I also may or may or may not have financed a week long trip to San Fran for a Grateful Dead concert with some exchange of money for goods in the parking lot of said concert.  Monterrey Bay Aquarium can be hugely entertaining with an altered perspective by the way.

Many trips to the desert may have involved responsible use of psychedelics meaning that car keys and plug wires for dirt bikes were given to GFs with the strict instructions no matter what we say do not give us those back to us until tomorrow.

I feel it was truly an enlightening experience(s) and do not regret the possible usage of an illegal drug.

Oh by the way I can swear that I had an extensive conversation with a water Gnome who was quite entertaining.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I have a friend who works for a major financial corporation doing programming who swears they cured his PTSD.  I don't know about that.  The one time I may have tried enough to get any kind of effect, my walls were wavy and Day of Defeat, a half life mod, was...

Interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.

There have been studies of psychoanalysis on drugs like ecstasy or LSD.   The one quote I remember from a story I read was something to the effect of: A weekend of psychoanalysis on ecstasy was equal to years worth of normal psychoanalysis.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You must have startled it. Bath mats are usually pretty docile and lethargic creatures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over 20 years ago I was standing in front of the toilet taking a leak when the bath mat in front of the shower suddenly jumped up and crawled up the wall to the ceiling.  

I never knew they could do shit like that.  

You must have startled it. Bath mats are usually pretty docile and lethargic creatures.

When I was 20-21,  I  rented an apartment with ceiling tiles in a square grid pattern.  Tron actually played out on my ceiling for like 4 hours straight one time.  It was fascinating.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes it can be done and you can order syringes full of spore from websites in Europe. They grow them usually inside serialized mason jars filled with brown rice and vermiculite and soil. There is some science to it and it's hard to do without any contamination that will grown bad mold/fungus rather than the mushroom.
It's not harmful at all to be in a mushroom grow. I think it's funny that the "experts told them to back out" . These are not poisonous mushrooms and they don't disperse harmful spores.

In fact people will eat these

View Quote

Its a common misconception that these things only grow in dung. This is in fact quite easy to do. Back in the early days of the internet you could order the spores online from a college professor (who later went to prison after his growing "operation" was raided) somewhere in California. The spores themselves were and may still be perfectly legal due to the absence of any psychoactive chemicals. Once they reach a certain stage during cultivation they become very   illegal.

This Volk character and his team of experts are retards. Lab team? Protective suits?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#15]
A buddy of mine from high school (back in the early 70s) ate a huge bag of shroons during a party we were having near a golf course. He disappeared until around dawn and that kid was never the same. When he got back he was still tripping hard, his clothes were torn and his eyes were all pupil.

I heard later that he was on all kinds of meds for mental health issues, a shadow of the kid I knew in high school.

I don't know what he ingested, if the were real or laced with acid but it definitely fucked up his mind for life.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Over 20 years ago I was standing in front of the toilet taking a leak when the bath mat in front of the shower suddenly jumped up and crawled up the wall to the ceiling.  

View Quote

I may have been taking the nasty mushroom dump and not only did the floor go away, my sack started going round and around....
Also, I may have found  out until  25 years after the fact that my dad actually DID NOT come by the house to see me on a certain day.
I couldn't be forced to do that shit again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Was Ralph still around?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When I went to UT, I lived in a co-op.  We generally had 5 people sharing 2 bathrooms, a shower, and a tub (4 separate rooms).  One year we found a group had decided to use their tub as a mushroom farm.  Really great, they had filled it with shit and everything...

Was Ralph still around?
I was around the culture, but did not inhale.  IIRC the whole thing started about 1 year before, and involved a group of people going to Jurassic Park (the original) in the theater.  They though shrooming would be the best way to watch that move.  Over the course of the year, I guess their supplier tried to start growing local rather than taking drives out to the cow pasture.  fwiw non of that group was happy afterwards - either they did not take enough, or they took something other than dried shrooms.  They tolerated drug dealers, but were pretty pissed about dishonest ones.  The tub of shit was found after his eviction, but that was the least of his indiscretions.  The real issue in the end was opsec - he expanded his markets and became a liability.

----

I have a better story than the Jurassic park one, but will protect the innocent on that one.  One bad trip really changed a persons life.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
But they can't locate the psychedelic toad nursery, so the dopers still win.
View Quote

That can turn into a slimy habit.  Any more than two licks and you risk an overdose.

Herbert
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#19]
The snozzberries taste like snozzberries.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#20]
For fucks sake!  Lets make some more mountains out of these molehills!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There have been studies of psychoanalysis on drugs like ecstasy or LSD.   The one quote I remember from a story I read was something to the effect of: A weekend of psychoanalysis on ecstasy was equal to years worth of normal psychoanalysis.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

it really is something a lot of people should try at least once, can really give you some perspective on life in general.

i can't tolerate that shit just along for the ride the few hours it lasts
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doubtful on both points. Plus, they're medically useful. So far, psilocybin-containing mushrooms are one of the drugs used to treat severe cluster headaches and migraines. They work so well, they're like magic.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Those were cockroaches...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those were cockroaches...

Must have been Army housing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

We may or may not know some of the same people
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are actually not that easy to grow successfully, but can be done once you learn some contamination control measures.

Would rather not elaborate on some activities I may or may not have explored in my younger days.

I may or may not have known folks who may or may not have used to go visit certain pastures in the vicinity of Bastrop and possibly or not have taken home garbage bags full of that awful shit that no one should ever be exposed to.

I've seen the ads for kits to grow those devilish things. Just never heard of a grow operation being raided.

Evil things they are.

We may or may not know some of the same people

I have run into some people with that same story , Also a lot of people used to grow them in styrofoam coolers i have heard lol
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#25]
“Mushrooms usually when they're disturbed they emit a spore and if you breathe that in it can cause you to have health issues"

I think they meant to say "trip balls"

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've literally never heard of someone saying you do not hallucinate on mushrooms.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm old and I've known some colorful people, but I've never heard that you could get those anywhere other than a cow field. I guess if you can grow the culinary mushrooms, you can grow those. Learn something new every day.
View Quote

They grow wild in Washington State, they even grew in my HSA football field.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Fungi was responsible for some of my best camping trips
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if there weren't bad trips (and there are), people having a good time can still fuck themselves up pretty good. Running around in an altered state just isn't safe. I was always Sober One Kenobi, and I was constantly having to say "don't eat that" and "come down from there" besides having to occasionally convince people imaginary things couldn't get them here.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#30]
They are surprisingly easy to grow.

Only special equipment is a glovebox (which you can build in a couple of hours) to transfer the spores, and a pressure cooker to sterilize the mason jars and grow media.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#31]
No arrests yet, .. Way to go APD.

So were there any other crimes committed at the residence, or did they mostly stay to themselves and just grow some 'shrooms?

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#32]
It wasn't me!

D(SouthAustin,We'reAllHere'CauseWe'reNotAllThere)Peacher
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Even if there weren't bad trips (and there are), people having a good time can still fuck themselves up pretty good. Running around in an altered state just isn't safe. I was always Sober One Kenobi, and I was constantly having to say "don't eat that" and "come down from there" besides having to occasionally convince people imaginary things couldn't get them here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds remarkably like what being the barracks duty NCO on the weekend is like.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No arrests yet, .. Way to go APD.

So were there any other crimes committed at the residence, or did they mostly stay to themselves and just grow some 'shrooms?

View Quote

Other reports have said an "anonymous tip" led to the raid. So a disgruntled customer or acquaintance I would guess.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:17:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Of all the drugs to worry about, mushrooms really doesn't even make the list. They actually could have some legitimate potential in the form of therapy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:25:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Of all the drugs to worry about, mushrooms really doesn't even make the list. They actually could have some legitimate potential in the form of therapy.
View Quote

I mostly agree. But as Big Easy mentioned.. I've also seen people attempt some really stupid shit on mushrooms. Though to be honest people do much, much more stupid and dangerous shit while drinking.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:27:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Shrooms(Psilocybin) along with MDMA have been showing promise for PTSD.

Military members who have seen terrible things can be helped by these things, and have been seeing great results in testing studies.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:29:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fuck shrooms!!!

View Quote

I tried them many, many moons ago.  Resulted in one of the worst experiences of my life.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

It depends.  I have done them 2 times in my life, both in high school.

The first time it was me and my buddy that did them, and that night we happened to be at this little house party that consisted of this girl that I had had a crush on for a long time, and it turned out she liked me too.  It was fall, we all went outside and hung out, it was great.  

Then I tried them when I was having a horrible day, thinking how much fun I had the first time I did them.  It just made the day worse( and that is an understatement.  It was fucking horrible), then I learned that it is one of those things that just magnifies how you are feeling at the time you eat them, good or bad.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:32:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I tried them many, many moons ago.  Resulted in one of the worst experiences of my life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck shrooms!!!

Just like anything else, they aren't for everyone.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:42:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm old and I've known some colorful people, but I've never heard that you could get those anywhere other than a cow field. I guess if you can grow the culinary mushrooms, you can grow those. Learn something new every day.
View Quote

It is still impossible to grow morels in captivity as far as I know.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:53:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meh, I've seen people eat em while camping and ride their four wheelers around all night and not hurt themselves. Granted they had been riding for years, but still never seen anyone hurt. I have seen people wreck completely sober though. I would never take anything like that, I have a deep suppressed urge to hunt and kill the Sasquatch, so I don't think I could contain it if I were to indulge in these.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:55:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A local guy got busted for a shroom grow a couple years ago. Would've thought the cops were raiding a meth lab with all the protective gear. Supposedly it was the biggest in the state (PA).
View Quote

Here's an astonishing fact: Half of America's mushrooms are grown in one tiny corner of southeastern Pennsylvania, near the town of Kennett Square.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:56:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Meh, I've seen people eat em while camping and ride their four wheelers around all night and not hurt themselves. Granted they had been riding for years, but still never seen anyone hurt. I have seen people wreck completely sober though. I would never take anything like that, I have a deep suppressed urge to hunt and kill the Sasquatch, so I don't think I could contain it if I were to indulge in these.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get that. But that's not how psychedelics work, generally speaking.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:02:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, yes they do.

I may or may not know a guy who in his early teen years took a big pinch of dried shrooms and stuck them in his mouth like a big ol' dip...

...then this guy went fishing for salmon at the local river. After a while, (he said) the shrooms started kicking in nicely.

He could tell because the river was flowing from left to right, and pretty soon everything was flowing left to right, and he kept falling over on his right side, giggling hysterically and flailing the water with his fishing pole.

He also decided that once was enough...

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:07:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Those guys are in a world of hurt.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They are actually not that easy to grow successfully, but can be done once you learn some contamination control measures.

Would rather not elaborate on some activities I may or may not have explored in my younger days.
View Quote

If you have half a brain and the Internet its extremely easy to do.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:35:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

you're doing it wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck shrooms!!!

you're doing it wrong.

That is sooo damned funny.

Well played, Sir!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:06:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Here's an astonishing fact: Half of America's mushrooms are grown in one tiny corner of southeastern Pennsylvania, near the town of Kennett Square.

http://www.kimbertonwholefoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/farmtour_harvest-07-highRES-1024x680.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A local guy got busted for a shroom grow a couple years ago. Would've thought the cops were raiding a meth lab with all the protective gear. Supposedly it was the biggest in the state (PA).

http://www.kimbertonwholefoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/farmtour_harvest-07-highRES-1024x680.jpg

I actually used to know a couple who owned a business who grew a wide variety of mushrooms commercially, they would always give me a ton to take home and cook with. It was awesome
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:17:14 AM EDT
[#50]
That is still a thing...interesting. i thought it was meth, oxy, weed, heroin now.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top