User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, 1911s.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

You have to have the right beer and the right gear.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Get into drones.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Snow skiing.
My parents had a cabin in the mountains a few miles away from the big skiing area.

Saved up my money when I was in high school for a year, bought a nice set of second hand skis, poles and pants/jacket.
Went out with a couple of friends, absolutely hated it.

Went back a couple weeks later and took some lessons, went out on the hill to try out my new skills and I ate shit so hard that my ski's went flying off and I lost my poles.
People on the skiway were laughing at me and calling me the abominable snowman.

I was so pissed that I didn't even notice the hot girl that skied down the hill to get me my ski and then helped me to get my shit together long enough so I could get down the hill.
I met her in the clubhouse later that afternoon, I was still too pissed off to talk to her.  

I gave the shit away and to this day I can't stand skiing.
View Quote

My Daughter started skiing last year and I've had a blast getting back into it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quad coptors and anything rc related.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:25:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't road bike locally, even though there's a couple of bike paths, (one right down the beach.) I do ride in the mountains around Mammoth Lakes and the roads heading east.  They used to have pro road racing out there a few decades ago.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:27:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked everything about beer brewing but the fucking bottling.

So I'll give it a try again someday with corny kegs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Anything music....guitars, keyboards,  drums.  Tried them all and they all fucking suck.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
As a long time guitar player I enjoy music and playing for people. There is nothing quite like being a solo act in front of four or five hundred people and sharing music with them.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
it's just so mind-numbingly boring.
View Quote

That's because you're in Ohio.

To liven it up you could try running some stop signs, obstruct some brodozers, not ride in the bike lane, and not pay any road taxes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I liked everything about beer brewing but the fucking bottling.

So I'll give it a try again someday with corny kegs.
View Quote

It's not the bottling that's so bad, it's the fucking sanitizing.

That's why I stick to apfelwein variations.  Half the bottles.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

To liven it up you could try running some stop signs, obstruct some brodozers, not ride in the bike lane, and not pay any road taxes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

it's just so mind-numbingly boring.

Plenty of different kinds of roads here, about as diverse as any other state...just don't like riding on smooth pavement, hours on end, anywhere...unless the road is lined with hot pussy handing out beer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Stamp collecting is a different thing on arfcom.. And they usually cost $200 each.
300blk

22 sparrow suppressor on 10/22

SDN6 is in jail.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Homebrewing.  I got pretty into it.  Whole grain, all the bells and whistles.  Fuck that work, I'd rather be outside fishing, sailing, riding my bike, or shooting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Bowling

Did a few leagues with some guys from work and just couldn't get into it. I tried to enjoy it but I just couldn't do it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:57:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Reloading....got all kinds of Dillon stuff.  I'm selling ALL of it at the next area guns show.  What a waste......I could have a new set of Callaways.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm with you on road biking,  I can think of more interesting ways to kill myself besides being run over by a retarded teenager on their phone.  

Golf is my main one though.  I used to love it when dad was alive, because I got to spend time with him, without life intruding.  I tried to go with a friend last year, and it's just not fun anymore... too much time invested to develop the skills and muscle memory, too little payoff.  It's also the most perishable skill I've ever found.. don't play for a month, and you suck again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:05:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Cross country skiing.  Fuck that shit.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:06:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm with you on road biking,  I can think of more interesting ways to kill myself besides being run over by a retarded teenager on their phone.  

Golf is my main one though.  I used to love it when dad was alive, because I got to spend time with him, without life intruding.  I tried to go with a friend last year, and it's just not fun anymore... too much time invested to develop the skills and muscle memory, too little payoff.  It's also the most perishable skill I've ever found.. don't play for a month, and you suck again.
View Quote
True that on golf.  I don't hate it, but it's not something that I have any desire to go out and do.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Snow skiing.
My parents had a cabin in the mountains a few miles away from the big skiing area.

Saved up my money when I was in high school for a year, bought a nice set of second hand skis, poles and pants/jacket.
Went out with a couple of friends, absolutely hated it.

Went back a couple weeks later and took some lessons, went out on the hill to try out my new skills and I ate shit so hard that my ski's went flying off and I lost my poles.
People on the skiway were laughing at me and calling me the abominable snowman.

I was so pissed that I didn't even notice the hot girl that skied down the hill to get me my ski and then helped me to get my shit together long enough so I could get down the hill.
I met her in the clubhouse later that afternoon, I was still too pissed off to talk to her.  

I gave the shit away and to this day I can't stand skiing.
View Quote

I went once, I apparently "yard saled" my way down the side of a perfectly good mountain and broke my hand. All while my now wife was following me and telling me to relax, as she was doing flips off stuff and so on.

Never went back, will not go back, told the Mrs. I'll pay her friends ticket for that day if I have to, but NEVER AGAIN.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:13:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I tried golf but it turns out I'm better at getting shit faced.

I still have the clubs
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:19:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Fishing. Only fish I eat is Tuna and Salmon. Around here the river stinks and catch nothing but snags.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:21:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Rock Crawling.  Took me one half built XJ and two full blown crawlers to get it into my head that the pace isn't there for me.  Unless you spend >$75k you can either go fast or slow, but not both.  My last rig was ground up, 4 links, 16" COs, nice bumps, deep tons, locked, blah, blah blah.   But at the end of the day all that got me was maybe 50MPH in the desert to stay good at rock crawling.

Don't get me wrong KOH looks like a blast if I was driving a 4400 car, but the rest of them, meh..  Anything less is no more that running a SxS, and I love my SxS.

I need something more diverse, so I got back into dirt bikes.  Wish I would have never left them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:30:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I learned that I would rather catch an ass whipping than play golf.  I've tried like 3 times and was miserable every time.  Never again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:32:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:33:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:40:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Eve Online...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:40:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Eve Online...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:43:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
RC cars. Trying not to take the cool away because they kinda are but, I just couldn't stand there watching an rc car run a track. They sound cool, look cool and are fun.... enjoyed it for about a week.
View Quote

Same.

It was an obsession of mine in my early teens. I had thousands invested and raced competitively in both 1/10th scale offroad and 1/12th scale on road.

A buddy and I decided to give it a shot as adults. Spent a couple hundred bucks on a rockcrawler, then a short course truck. Spent a fair bit of money dialing both in.
Went to the track, realized I was rusty as hell and the people there were utterly intolerant of my lack of driving skill. I mean people took the shit a tad too seriously, even during open practice.

Put both cars up on a shelf in the garage, next to the cars from when I was a kid. Haven't touched them in over a year.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:48:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, shooting a glock.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:13:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Got into a knife habit 6 months ago. Now I got 2 grand worth of knives in the safe doing nothing. I don't even go on any knife forums anymore. It's just dull.....no pun intended,,,,
View Quote

Selling any?!?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:15:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
rock climbing.  -I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow.
View Quote

What?!? I fucking love rock climbing!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:17:01 AM EDT
[#32]
I hear ya on the mountain biking.  However, my new pad in CA is in a neighborhood that has multiple built up entrances to a magnificent trail system that goes from the foothills to downtown Sacramento and runs along parts of the American River.  It's all paved and VERY little in the way of hills.  I know it's pretty weak in terms of strength and endurance needed, but I'm headed to 50 and frankly I don't give a flying fuck!

I'm glad to be able to do it again and enjoy it.

As far as hobbies I've started and ended up hating.... Golf.  Without a doubt.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:17:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Surfing the second time around. After my knee replacement it was'nt fun anymore. The thing that really bummed me out was I had a custom board made.  Try selling a board with "Made for Silver_Surfer" on it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:19:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:21:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Golf
View Quote

Cant beat sliding down a big snow coverd hill on your stomach.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:38:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Surfing the second time around. After my knee replacement it was'nt fun anymore. The thing that really bummed me out was I had a custom board made.  Try selling a board with "Made for Silver_Surfer" on it.
View Quote

Actually, given your predicament, "made for Silver_Surfer" on a board, is not so bad.   Imagine if it said, "Made for Aimless" on it.

For me, it was buying a Vaping mod, and thinking that my old eyes could wind micro coils for it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:45:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Get a good dog and train it
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:52:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Harmonica.  I bought one, what, 20 years ago?  I figure it's cheaper than a guitar, but other than making some noises I didn't get far.  It's just so... not interesting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:56:11 AM EDT
[#39]
From four to eighteen I played golf a lot about 8 months a year.  Same thing for BB guns and bows and arrows.

During those 8 month spans I probably hit the ball well three or four times out of the thousands of swings.

On the other hand I could shoot BBs and arrows very well.

A good golf drive is just wonderful but the frustration of the 999 bad attempts for every 1 good drive makes golf just not worth the effort.  My grandfather had accuracy, my uncle had distance, my brother had both.  I had nothing.  

Today I shoot golf balls with a rifle.  Now, that's something I can do.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:09:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Bowling. I loved it as a teenager. Go out with some friends, ogle girls we never got the courage to talk to.

Now after 2 games I'm like meh. I'd rather just sit there and drink.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:26:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:42:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Golf.....ex wife wanted to do it as a couple. FUCKING BORING!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:50:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Last time I went snow boarding with my friends I was completely miserable.

About noon I was done and went back to the lodge to watch a game.  I saw they had these ski bikes available for rent, theyre a bike with skis for wheels and you wear these little skis on your feet to control it.  I decided what the hell, Ill try one.  Oh my lord, the rest of the day was an absolute blast on that little ski bike.  Theyre fast as fuck, cutting big zig zags down the hills, blowing by everyone.  I even took it off the big jump on the main slope at full speed, wiped out and everyone watching cheered.  Im sitting there thinking Ive probably broken some major bones and all these people are coming up to me saying that my ski bike jump was the coolest thing they had ever seen, haha.  

Cant wait to go ski biking again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Golf.  I loathe it.
View Quote

Same here.

Funny thing is that for the past 19 years I've lived in what is essentially a golfing community. I'm always hearing, "You live there? Man, you must be on the course all the time!"

Uh, no. Hell no.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Golf.

All kinds of cool stuff to spend money on. I'll make great business contacts. No one is trying to ban golf clubs.

A few rounds later...golf blows. It's not like I know I suck and want the challenge to improve, no, I suck and don't give a shit enough to want to get better.
View Quote

I agree with you.
I have defiled some of the nicest courses in this country and Scotland with my shitty play .
My favorite was getting shit faced at Pinehurst and not being able to finish the round ,between the heat and the Moscow Mules I was legally retarded by the 15th hole.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Banjo.

Fuck Banjoes and vamping.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#48]
One of my hobbies is competitive shooting but my job gets in the way of my hobby, meaning since I work most weekends I don't get to enjoy going to matches which makes me just want to say the heck with it.  I used to shoot several club and major matches (IDPA, Tac Carbine and 3Gun) a year when I had a M-F job.  I make really good money and can buy some really cool toys, which I have to shoot by myself cause when I'm usually off work everyone else is at work.  Addicted to the paycheck.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#49]
This is the primary danger of the internet.  It makes everything seem interesting, along with making everything way to complicated.  It's a skillet, do we really need hundreds of pages and videos on how to season it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Bowling

Did a few leagues with some guys from work and just couldn't get into it. I tried to enjoy it but I just couldn't do it.
View Quote

Bowling is awesome man, I should join a league.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top