Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/27/2015 6:48:39 PM EDT
Why don't police arrest people who hire illegals?
Felonies, tax evasion, ongoing criminal conspiracy, RICO, perjury, asset forfiture, civil liability, etc.

Lots of legal tools.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Felonies, tax evasion, ongoing criminal conspiracy, RICO, perjury, asset forfiture, civil liability, etc.

Lots of legal tools.
View Quote

Because most of congress would go to jail.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Because both democrats and republicans want them here.  But for different reasons.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Because they don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do you expect the state to fix all of your problems ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Because the elites and establishment in both parties do not want this to happen.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Because everyone wants a housekeeper and a guy to mow their lawn but they don't want to admit they are the problem.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Why don't local police do workplace and payroll inspections?

Are you looking for a real answer or GD outrage?  Because they'll be vastly different.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
The state caused the problem.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#9]
police work for the politicians

politicians have decided that America's demographics need to change
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Are you looking for a real answer or GD outrage?  Because they'll be vastly different.
View Quote

You can admit to multiple felonies on a forum full of cops yet no fear of prosecution.

Why shouldn't I go down to home depot and hire some?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then why all the whining about mythical anchor babies?  The Donald bots are ready to shred the constitution but no one wants to enforce the laws we have now?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Then why all the whining about mythical anchor babies?  The Donald bots are ready to shred the constitution but no one wants to enforce the laws we have now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

because it's election season

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of legal tools.

Isn't that enough of a reason to do it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because we are taxed to pay for this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Lots of legal tools.
View Quote

why don't you give Sheriff Joe Arpaio a call here in AZ and ask him how all the federal lawsuits and mandated federal monitoring is going. He was very good at raiding businesses and catching Illegals. The Feds didn't find that funny.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You can admit to multiple felonies on a forum full of cops yet no fear of prosecution.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking this question here is just looking for the GD outrage answer.  It's a circle jerk, or at best, a group Dutch rudder.

People will say for more democrat votes, or to much savings for a politicians landscaping crew.

The honest answer is time, money and shits.  Police don't have enough time, enough resources our enough shits to play ICE.  And the public at large doesn't want to pay the additional taxes to see this effectively enforced.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

why don't you give Sheriff Joe Arpaio a call here in AZ and ask him how all the federal lawsuits and mandated federal monitoring is going. He was very good at raiding businesses and catching Illegals. The Feds didn't find that funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of legal tools.

This. We’re no longer allowed to ask.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Economics
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

US Constitution. Article I...

The Congress shall have the power to ... establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Because immigration status is a federal problem enforced under federal law.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Why don't "the people" arrest them?

They did back in the 1770's when this country was founded.

Ya know, back when people actually gave a shit and didn't demand the government do something.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

tell that to Joe Arpiao
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#26]
OP if you're so worried about what other people do, take matters into your own hands.  Don't be a keyboard commando.

DO SOMETHING!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maintaining border security is an actual legitimate function of the state.  It's in the Constitution and everything.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

And get paid well too.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
tell that to Joe Arpiao
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

tell that to Joe Arpiao
I like Arpaio. He fucking loathes the establishment and their lies.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Because both democrats and republicans want them here.  But for different reasons.
View Quote

what does that have to do with cops?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I can only speak for Texas, but in Texas the police cannot enforce federal law.  ( in very specialized situations they can)  I imagine it is the same in other states.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#32]
The very same reason they don't arrest those who break federal firearms laws... <snort>
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Maintaining border security is an actual legitimate function of the state.  It's in the Constitution and everything.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please, educate me further.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Lots of legal tools.
View Quote

No law in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 8

The Congress shall have power to ..... establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

U.S. Constitution, Article IV, Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:57:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Asking this question here is just looking for the GD outrage answer.  It's a circle jerk, or at best, a group Dutch rudder.

People will say for more democrat votes, or to much savings for a politicians landscaping crew.

The honest answer is time, money and shits.  Police don't have enough time, enough resources our enough shits to play ICE.  And the public at large doesn't want to pay the additional taxes to see this effectively enforced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it's not a priority at all.  Specialized units for prostitution, drugs and parking tickets.... but zero enforcement on 30 million felonies everyday.

Parking is a higher priority than our imigration problem.  Got it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I worked with like 3 illegals back in 2005ish when I was 15 washing dishes at a restaurant in arizona. One of them was British too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

tell that to Joe Arpiao

He's a grandstanding politician - just like the establishment he so loathes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So it's not a priority at all.  Specialized units for prostitution, drugs and parking tickets.... but zero enforcement on 30 million felonies everyday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're going to have to stop right now, because your making entirely too much sense.

I agree OP and so do many more, its just that there havent been enough to stand up together, scream out loud, that were mad as hell and aint gonna take it anymore.

Besides the other side feels were only talk.

Yep.....535 elected officials in Washington DC, ruling 300 million subjects.

Seems impossible doesnt it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I can only speak for Texas, but in Texas the police cannot enforce federal law.  ( in very specialized situations they can)  I imagine it is the same in other states.
View Quote

Are all federal laws ignored in Texas or is there federal enforcement, with local cooperation of course, on every other issue excpt this one?

Are there other Felonies I can admit to on public forums without fear of prosecution?

Why shouldn't I hire illegals to mow my yard?  Is it a crime if there's no enforcement?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Lots of legal tools.
View Quote

Those are all Federal statutes, except in very narrow instances local PD's are not empowered to enforce Federal Statute
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

A lot of people absolutely give a shit.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because in most cases it isnt a violation of your state laws...I dont know shit about Wa state statutes, but i do know that NJ has zero mention of Illegal immigration Status, or hiring of Illegals.  The only time I can even CALL ICE if I had a suspected IA was when they had committed one of a specific list of crimes, and only that because we had [issed and moaned enough about the lack of INS, then ICE response that the State AG got involved and went to the US attorney.  I do know that ICE at least in my area, was pretty much constantly deporting people.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#45]
It seemed to become an issue in the State of Idaho a few years ago. The farms to include dairy farms were on notice that they would randomly inspectd by local authorities as 90% of employees  were estimated as illegal in 2013.
Funny, the issue just vanished as my personal belief was that it would of crushed the farming industry. I would expect that to be the case not only here but in other states as well as other industries that employ immigrants.
The economic impact would be unimaginable.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#46]
In eight hours I average 14 calls. Exactly when would you suggest I go look for illegals? No shit. I'll wait.
Last Saturday I answered 28.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Those are all Federal statutes, except in very narrow instances local PD's are not empowered to enforce Federal Statute
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of legal tools.

Are there no federal courts and federal enforcement of other federal laws in these states?  
Local, state and federal enforcement is absent on this issue.  All are to blame.

If I use a MG local cops demand to see tax records as proof of innocence from federal law.
But a meat packing plant with thousands of illegal employees and no one goes to jail.  Decade after decade.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The only time I can even CALL ICE if I had a suspected IA was when they had committed one of a specific list of crimes, and only that because we had [issed and moaned enough about the lack of INS, then ICE response that the State AG got involved and went to the US attorney.
View Quote

I called them once and they asked me "What do you want us to do?", needless to say I never bothered calling them again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Are there no federal courts and federal enforcement of other federal laws in these states?  
Local, state and federal enforcement is absent on this issue.  All are to blame.

If I use a MG local cops demand to see tax records as proof of innocence from federal law.
But a meat packing plant with thousands of illegal employees and no one goes to jail.  Decade after decade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of legal tools.

If you had an MG in NJ you'd be arrested under NJ statute, not Federal..... I complained for YEARS about Illegals, got me jammed up when i asked an INS Supervisor exactly what they DID so, since they didn seem interested in Illegals.  But yeah..whatever dude...FTP, All cops are lazy assholes.. yadda yadda yadda...Happy now?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#50]
They have tickets to write.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top