Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:37:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I’d bet you could build a nifty killdozer for $20K.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
FBATFE
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:39:43 AM EDT
[#3]
ATF gonna ATF
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]
BATF = Ban All The Firearms

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:50:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:50:58 AM EDT
[#6]
We should write a letter to their tech branch!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:53:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuck those fucking fuckers!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:53:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That could be financial disaster for some
View Quote

You mean the FBATFE?  I agree.  Picking fights with people that can buy $20K+ toys is stupid for gov employees.  But let’s face it, that is WHY they are gov employees.  Fuck ‘em.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:54:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn that would suck.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:55:51 AM EDT
[#10]
It's for our own good guys, we can't be trusted with them there fully automatic assault weapons anyhow. Big brother government is just looking out for us.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:01:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure NFATCA will find a a way to sell us out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:06:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck them with a rusty pitchfork.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:06:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Give peace a chance.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:28:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Keep pushing motherfuckers..... tick fucking tock.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Especially under this POS.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:36:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least they aren't murdering moms.  Yet anyway.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:51:58 AM EDT
[#17]
On the bright side, maybe this will rustle enough jimmies that we actually do something about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:57:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, that'll piss off some of the guys that own warbirds, and some armor guys that have interesting tracks and tanks.

Those guys have some verrry deep pockets...we'll see were this goes once some congresscritters get an earful.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:47:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Good.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good.
View Quote

WTF?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

WTF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

WTF?

The ATF hasn't gone far enough yet apparently.

People still put up with their shit, and there is a large group of "Pro 2A" folks who are okay with unconstitutional restrictions on weapons because they can afford the artificially inflated prices to be more equal than others.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:56:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Is this in response to the court case?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:04:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:07:24 AM EDT
[#24]
When they confiscate them will they transfer them to Mexican drug lords?,w
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:11:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm just glad to see the government finally doing something to address the huge violent crime problem amongst the Registered NFA community.

I'm pretty sure you can argue estoppel, laches or some other equitable defense after 30 years.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:12:31 AM EDT
[#26]
They have confiscated fuzzy ones before.

For instance... AK sears not installed in AKs were confiscated.

M16s that were not drilled.. confiscated.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Not that we need more, but this is more proof that "common sense" guns laws and background checks or even public safety is not the goal of the antis.
Here we have a highly regulated segment of the gun community, one where not only do these guns/parts require a special ATF tax stamp, the owner must wait months, submit a photo, get finger printed, etc. A type of firearm with the greatest public safety record where in crime is non-existent with it's use.
Yet they have them in their sites...which should speak volumes to anyone willing to "compromise" with antis.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Effects HK sears that may have been filed on the 20th instead of the 19th.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:11:18 AM EDT
[#29]
That amendment shouldn't have even passed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We should write a letter to their tech branch!
View Quote

This . . .
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm sure NFATCA will find a a way to sell us out.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
Going.to be a lot of butt hurt sear pack owners out there.

I wonder how many Macs and drop in auto sears they punched out in the last days.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm confused.  This was almost 30 years ago and the government is looking at the paperwork now?  Whose desk has this been sitting on all these years?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#34]
"Not only will this wipe out the value of their property (pre-ban machine guns and sears typically sell for upwards of $20,000 each) but it will instantly turn law abiding people into criminals for no reason."

Now, what did Ayn Rand tell us about that?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:33:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm confused.  This was almost 30 years ago and the government is looking at the paperwork now?  Whose desk has this been sitting on all these years?
View Quote

Perhaps you haven't noticed who has been in control of the executive branch of government since 2009?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Ex post facto or, something like that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Going.to be a lot of butt hurt sear pack owners out there.   I wonder how many Macs and drop in auto sears they punched out in the last days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Going.to be a lot of butt hurt sear pack owners out there.   I wonder how many Macs and drop in auto sears they punched out in the last days.

Pallets full, I bet. My Mac is an 86, I wonder what the date it on it. Any way to check short of writing the ATF and asking?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is a lot of misunderstanding about what "ex post facto" means in the gun community.

Unfortunately, the government can ban and confiscate things that were previously legal to own.  Such laws do not violate the proscription against ex post facto laws.

What they cannot do is say YOU committed a criminal act in the past and charge you for it, if what you did in the past was perfectly legal at the time you did it.  That would be an unconstitutional, ex post facto law.

But yes, they can ban and confiscate your property.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#39]
I suggest you look at who wrote the article and then read it. And then tell me what sources are cited for this claim.

Going to the Truth About Guns for News is like going to a fortune teller for your future.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:13:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There is a lot of misunderstanding about what "ex post facto" means in the gun community.

Unfortunately, the government can ban and confiscate things that were previously legal to own.  Such laws do not violate the proscription against ex post facto laws.

What they cannot do is say YOU committed a criminal act in the past and charge you for it, if what you did in the past was perfectly legal at the time you did it.  That would be an unconstitutional, ex post facto law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right you are.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
FBATFE
View Quote

FBHO
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I suggest you look at who wrote the article and then read it. And then tell me what sources are cited for this claim.

Going to the Truth About Guns for News is like going to a fortune teller for your future.
View Quote

This

Also the title is misleading and no one read the article.

The author speculates that a handful of MP5 Sears manufactured on 5/19 but with paperwork submitted on 5/20 MIGHT end up reclassified as post sample MGs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Doesn't mean this has made me less Nauseous.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#45]
This is EXACTLY why I haven't tied up real money in MGs....worse is coming.  Wait for the national arsenal laws which limit the amount of ammo that an individual can possess at any one given time. I can guarantee that's on the horizon.

Want to see the future? Look to Europe, particularly Germany.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#47]
The people who are "OH we cannot get rid of Hughes Amendment because we would lose our $XXXXX.XX investment, it will only be worth $XXX.XX"
Now that those people are going to be forced to lose an investment, perhaps everyone can come together and realize lord Vader at the ATF can simply alter the deal anytime they want. Its time to do away with the Hughes Amendment. Fuck the ATF, Fuck Charlie Rangel with a syphilitic mandingo.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You mean the FBATFE?  I agree.  Picking fights with people that can buy $20K+ toys is stupid for gov employees.  But let’s face it, that is WHY they are gov employees.  Fuck ‘em.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That could be financial disaster for some

They'll just slow roll them. Government employees dragging it out for decades. It's the process that fucks you...
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#49]
If this is true it shows the level of anti gun ideology at the ATF.

They actually have some asshole looking at some "one day late submission" of something 29 years ago to give them a reason to ban guns.

What more do we need to know if this is true.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
thetruthaboutguns has a history of sketchy stories.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top