Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Jesus Christ.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Holy fucking shit.

I was expecting this to be in Hampton Roads, RVA, or NoVa. Not peaceful Smith Mountain Lake.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Reporter and Cameraman were engaged to be married.
View Quote
You guys sure about this?

Cameraman was Adam Ward according to graphic above, but she was posting pictures on IG with an anchor, Chris Hurst.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Engaged to be married. Sounds like ex problems
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sad to hear this. Hope the bastard ends up deaded.

Can't wait for McDouchenozzle, Warner, and Timmay to push for AWB/mag limits here in Va because of this. (Even if no AW were used)
View Quote

Fuck those assholes, they can lick my chode. Along with anyone who voted for their plant, Sarvis.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
...just turned 24...

I'm in tears...
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"The love of her life" does not look like the cameraman.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her Twitter:  https://twitter.com/alisonparker13

She seemed very happy, several photos with "the love of her life"

https://instagram.com/p/34aT3TSiC1/

I just went and looked at her Twitter feed. The "love of her life" was another reporter, Chris Hurst. So, either the news is wrong about the romantic ties between her and the cameraman, or there's more to the story. Possible motive?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Holy sh*t!  WTF is wrong with people?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There have been reports of a guy going around impersonating a police officer recently.  His description seems accurate to the screen grab from the shooting.  http://www.thefranklinnewspost.com/news/deputies-search-for-police-impersonator/article_0055ff64-4b5a-11e5-ad6b-6771ad7d10cb.html
View Quote

You know, I thought the same thing when I looked at that screen grab. The guy was dressed up in some sort of garb that looked like a police uniform. And it might just be the lighting, but it also looks like he's wearing something like a duty belt with items attached. Look right underneath his left hand.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Holy fucking shit.

I was expecting this to be in Hampton Roads, RVA, or NoVa. Not peaceful Smith Mountain Lake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Holy fucking shit.

Like watching something out of a movie. Working one moment and then being shot the next.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]
General manager of the station says he doesn't believe the woman being interviewed was injured.

The gunman is believed to have fired six or seven times, WDBJ General Manager Jeff Marks said. The station does not believe that the interview subject was injured, Marks said.
View Quote

http://fox6now.com/2015/08/26/va-reporter-photographer-killed-during-live-news-interview/
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Well this will be all over national news.  Reporters, out of a sense of self preservation, will unanimously call for all out gun control nationwide.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#14]

I don't suspect this was a random thing. I'd bet the perp knew the reporter was going to be there.

I hope the VSP or other LEOs (or a armed citizen) terminates the piece of trash that did this quickly.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Awful lot of crazy fuckers in this country.
View Quote

They have emptied the mental institutions and those people are now on the streets.

They have released violent felons from the prisons, tens of thousands of them, and those people are on the streets.

Almost the entire nation is on various forms of drugs, whether illegal or by prescription.

What do you expect, given the above?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#16]

So sad  

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Less than 3 miles from my aunt and uncle
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hope they find the shooter quickly and he puts up a fight, and loses.
View Quote

I hope the responding officers are bad shots.

I'd be OK with his last moments being VERY painful.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well this will be all over national news.  Reporters, out of a sense of self preservation, will unanimously call for all out gun control nationwide.
View Quote

And they will push it for all they are worth.

Propagandists.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well this will be all over national news.  
View Quote

It's already on all the major US networks and on international news.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Awful.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Just reported on FOX that they were engaged to different people.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#23]
This makes it seem that they were not engaged to each other.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article32418297.html

Ward had been a photojournalist at WDBJ since 2011, according to his LinkedIn profile. But he reportedly was planning to move to Charlotte soon to be with his fiance, a WDBJ staffer said Wednesday during a broadcast.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#24]
10 miles from my house, wife is at home armed since he's still on the loose.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What the heck is going on in this country?[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_dissapprove.gif[/img]

Prayers for those involved...and for all of us![img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_dissapprove.gif[/img]
View Quote

I STRONGLY SUGGEST everyone read and digest this article- Things have been on the decline for a long time and I think are fixing to "get sporty".......

https://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com/2015/08/10/teotwawki-is-now-overcoming-normalcy-bias-critical-thinking-for-survival/
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't suspect this was a random thing. I'd bet the perp knew the reporter was going to be there.

I hope the VSP or other LEOs (or a armed citizen) terminates the piece of trash that did this quickly.

View Quote

I agree. it was a human interest story instead of breaking news, so gunman would have to know they would be there. He followed them or happened upon them by chance. I put it 80% chance it's domestic related.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Just wait.  The media will start talking again about the shooting at Virginia Tech which is only 40 miles away.  This will be bad for gun owners especially since it was caught all on live TV for everyone to view.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Looked like he shot the camera man first, then the reporter.  But he let the interviewee go.  Seems to calculated to be some random shooting.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Prayers
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Much clearer video

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#31]
How do you prepare for someone just walking up next to you and punching your ticket? Jesus. That's the part I can't really wrap my head around. I could be sitting here, typing this post, and if someone wanted to murder me, well shit, they could. Nothing really to stop them.

Ugh.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Propagandists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Propagandists.

Don't let a crisis go to waste, the Antis will use this live shooting as their new weapon.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her Twitter:  https://twitter.com/alisonparker13

She seemed very happy, several photos with "the love of her life"

https://instagram.com/p/34aT3TSiC1/

He sort of does, but he's not.  She was apparently married engaged to Chris Hurst, an anchor at the station.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Holy fucking shit!  What the flying fuck was that shit?!?!?!

The Reporter definitely took at least two rounds before the camera cut off.

This motherfucker needs to be shot in the head when captured, execution style.  Tonight at 6, all networks,all channels.

That's a really nice part of the state, btw.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#35]
30 minutes away from me.  This really sucks and has me upset.  I feel terrible for the two that died and their families and friends.  So senseless.  I've got a five week old and stuff like this scares me.  Prayers to all affected by this.  I hope they get this lunatic soon.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#36]
10 to 1 it's a jilted ex lover.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I STRONGLY SUGGEST everyone read and digest this article- Things have been on the decline for a long time and I think are fixing to "get sporty".......

https://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com/2015/08/10/teotwawki-is-now-overcoming-normalcy-bias-critical-thinking-for-survival/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the heck is going on in this country?[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_dissapprove.gif[/url]

Prayers for those involved...and for all of us!

Uhh what's on the decline is the violent crime rate.  Really don't know where some of you get this sky is falling bullshit.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Just heard the BOL go out on the scanner- said he was a black male so he must have been wearing a mask, hence the expressionless face. I thought it kinda looked like a Michael Meyers mask or something.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Damn
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#40]

Damn I just noticed the camera man caught the shooter in the video as he fell.

IS the perp wearing a mask?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I agree. it was a human interest story instead of breaking news, so gunman would have to know they would be there. He followed them or happened upon them by chance. I put it 80% chance it's domestic related.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a reporter is going to show-up (announced) to do a interest piece on/in a small town lots of folks will know about it as it's unusual.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just wait.  The media will start talking again about the shooting at Virginia Tech which is only 40 miles away.  This will be bad for gun owners especially since it was caught all on live TV for everyone to view.

View Quote

What people really need to take notice of is that there was no one else around.  No police.  No other citizens.  Just two people from the news station doing their job and the interviewee.  And then they need to take a step back and see just how vulnerable they were.  If they had been armed and least they would have had a fighting chance.  The cameraman was screwed but the reporter would have had time to react and maybe at least gone out fighting.  We are conditioned to be victims.  It's a shitty world.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#43]
The shooting happened at 6:45 a.m., according to Franklin County Sheriff Department officials. Another person was also hurt in the shooting.
View Quote

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/08/26/3-hurt-shooting-during-va-tv-interview/32389143/
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Uhh what's on the decline is the violent crime rate.  Really don't know where some of you get this sky is falling bullshit.

http://i.imgur.com/FsR8xuh.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the heck is going on in this country?[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_dissapprove.gif[/url]

Prayers for those involved...and for all of us!

http://i.imgur.com/FsR8xuh.gif

People that want the future to be dim will find justification that it will be so.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What people really need to take notice of is that there was no one else around.  No police.  No other citizens.  Just two people from the news station doing their job and the interviewee.  And then they need to take a step back and see just how vulnerable they were.  If they had been armed and least they would have had a fighting chance.  The cameraman was screwed but the reporter would have had time to react and maybe at least gone out fighting.  We are conditioned to be victims.  It's a shitty world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont think any amount of arms or training would have helped either of them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#46]

God damn you can see blood spatter hitting the deck... jesus...
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm guessing shooter is reporters ex or something.

After seeing pics of shooter, I change that to stalker maybe. He is to fugly to get a hot reporter to go out with him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many reporters have you heard of are pro-gun people??
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not likely. From the sound of it, there was no time for any warning.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How do you prepare for someone just walking up next to you and punching your ticket? Jesus. That's the part I can't really wrap my head around. I could be sitting here, typing this post, and if someone wanted to murder me, well shit, they could. Nothing really to stop them.

Ugh.
View Quote

Like that?

You don't. Shit, that's just something you can't do a damn thing about. That's the worst part of the whole thing.

Page / 72
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top