BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah! Penis inspection day! They would make you strip down and take photos. Handle your junk and take measurements. To ensure you were growing right. Stopped around the 6th grade if I remember right. Right when we got the new nurse.
View Quote

You were definitely molested.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
All I remember is scoliosis check, lice check, drug test, ped test and hernia check. Every damn year since 7th grade. I think would get ped tested all the time because the other teams were jealous of my mad skillz.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Penis inspection day! They would make you strip down and take photos. Handle your junk and take measurements. To ensure you were growing right. Stopped around the 6th grade if I remember right. Right when we got the new nurse.

Your school didn't have penis inspection day? My school had P.I. day the first week of every school year. They would take measurements and make sure you didn't have any diseases. The girls would walk by and check us out in our tighty whities while we waited our turn, the rumor was that was how they picked who they were going to date that semester.

Good old penis inspection day, brings back a lot of memories.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah that is all I remember.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We went to the nurse's office.  But all I remember them checking for was to see if our spine was straight or if we had lice.

Yeah that is all I remember.

Checked us for scoliosis and lice.

Never stripped down to underwear ever.

Sounds like a bunch of perverts that was running that school district .

And we went to get shots at a county park inside the pavilion . I think it was free if you were poor and maybe couple bucks if you weren't .

My 7 yo asks me how I got that mark on my left shoulder.  
I told him I " got shot there"

Well, I did !

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The weirdest thing they did around western ny was naked swimming for the boys....yeah...boys had to swim buck ass naked....girls did not for some strange reason...boys and girls never shared the pool during gym for swimming...

But could never figure out why, unless the gym coaches were gay perves....
View Quote

Glad we didn't have a pool!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I miss  being Deloused
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep back in the 70's, Scoliosis check two times and maybe even a third time in junior high.

Lice checks, when ever one kid in school showed up with lice, we were all checked.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope. That was only you, sport.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We went to the nurse's office.  But all I remember them checking for was to see if our spine was straight or if we had lice.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yep back in the 70's, Scoliosis check two times and maybe even a third time in junior high.

Lice checks, when ever one kid in school showed up with lice, we were all checked.
View Quote

They always made us lay our heads down and close our eyes so we would not see the kids that popped hot for lice.  
It did not exactly take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who was missing when we picked our heads back up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes I do remember that... Clearly.
Was born in 56' to give a time stamp
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nope. That was only you, sport.
View Quote

Hey now, there are a couple of us that were molested here, apparently!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember vaguely being injected with shit in my arm but I never remember being paraded around almost naked. Their was one time though I had to strip down in the gym teachers office but I don't remember anyone else being there. Weird.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I vividly remember the paddlings at school. Funny, the wait outside the principal's office on that long wooden bench was almost always worse than the whipping itself.
View Quote

I got paddled in grade school.  I had skipped school and my note forgery skill was apparently not up to snuff.  Anyway, I was in class and got called to the principal's office over the loudspeaker.  I went there.  He gave me the third degree about who I skipped with.  Was I alone?  I told him I was alone.  I wasn't.  Finally, he tells me to stand up, empty my back pockets and put my hands on the front of his desk.  He gets the paddle off the wall and Wack, Wack, Wack.  I'm standing there thinking, "Is that it, really?"  I go back to class and that was the most embarrassing part.  When I walk in all the kids' heads turn and look at me like....  I just sat down at my desk like nothing had happened.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:56:49 PM EDT
[#18]
are you sure this was at school OP and not behind the bus station or something?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:04:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I think I was checked for scoliosis. We were definitely checked for lice one time, someone in my class had them and we had to get rid of this huge plush alligator that we had in our classroom . I remember a basic hearing test in elementary school at one point, and maybe a vision test too. Nothing that involved removing clothing (I went to elementary school in the '90s).

Funny story, my brother got glasses in elementary school but hardly ever wore them. The day his class did a vision test was one of the days he decided to not wear his glasses. My parents got a phone call that went something like this:
School: "Your son may need to get glasses."
Parents: "Uhh, he has glasses."
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#20]
You guys never had Penis Inspection Day?

Quoted:

When
my 21 year old daughter started school, they still allowed paddling IF
the parent had signed a consent form.  Before she finished elementary
school, the school board hired some loon from southern California to be
the new director of schools, and he proclaimed paddling (even with
parental consent) to be barbaric and having no place in an educational
institution.  

That was just one of the many ways he screwed the local schools up.
View Quote
Screw that, parents should be the ones disciplining their children. I was paddled in 2nd grade because the idiot principal saw me open my eyes during prayers Bothers me to this day.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Your school didn't have penis inspection day? My school had P.I. day the first week of every school year. They would take measurements and make sure you didn't have any diseases. The girls would walk by and check us out in our tighty whities while we waited our turn, the rumor was that was how they picked who they were going to date that semester.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's crazy how many people went to schools that didn't have Penis Inspection Day. Luckily I passed every year, god help you if you failed and had to retake it. Kids would get teased about it the rest of the year.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's crazy how many people went to schools that didn't have Penis Inspection Day. Luckily I passed every year, god help you if you failed and had to retake it. Kids would get teased about it the rest of the year.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#23]
We had to do it. but it wasn't a full check up. Only basic stuff like spine, lice, and skin problems.

EBR666
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#24]
yeah it happened, line up at nurses office, keep the girls far away from the boys that day, and it was a Catholic elementary school.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Hearing test
Eye test
Spine check
Lice check
Eye,ear,nose and throat

Elementary school late 70s

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#26]
School physicals for us were at the doctor's office.

I have heard people in their 50s or older talking about having naked swimming class in high school.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Nope
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I remember them. And I'm not even thirty yet. The last one I remember getting was in 7th grade. While I was getting it done my buddy had got shot across the hallway. Some little piece of shot shot him in the stomach with a 38.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Mid '50s, first day of High School Freshman Phys-Ed class, checked heart, for hernia, and did some flexibility movements to make sure we wouldn't drop dead in the gym.

Instructor was a clown. We were lined up in our shorts, he walked in, covered his face with his hands, and said something like, "Why, God? Why me?"

I don't remember any that happened earlier. I think we were supposed to have notes from a doctor if we had problems.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I remember them. And I'm not even thirty yet. The last one I remember getting was in 7th grade. While I was getting it done my buddy had got shot across the hallway. Some little piece of shot shot him in the stomach with a 38.
View Quote

Wow. What kind of neighborhood was your school in?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:12:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No, wtf when was this?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody else remember having to strip down to their underwear and parade around the gym in a single file line to be examined by the medicos? Usually the boys went in at one time and the girls another. I only remember this for the first couple years of grade school, then evidently they stopped doing that.

At any rate, I was telling a co worker about it and he didn't believe me. I still remember it seeming a little awkward. Anyone else remember having to do that in grade school?
No, wtf when was this?  

Sure you do!

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:15:41 AM EDT
[#32]
OP, did you have penis inspection day too?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:22:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much this.  Kept our pants on just had us either take off our shirts or just pull the back up to inspect the spine.

Catholic grade school from 73 - 81 (no priests involved before someone says something) and it seems like by 4th grade they stopped.

Plenty of paddlings with a big damn wooden paddle up through the 8th grade for anyone who got too mouthy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:42:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Lots of BS in this thread.

Scoliosis screenings were just that. A couple years we had two screenings where the second one was a true rush job.
I ultimately learned that there were suspicions of major child abuse in one family and the rushed screening was just to get a chance to check one particular set of brothers for bruises or other outward signs.

No oil checks.
No nude swimming. Although shower time after PE was frequently traumatic, but not due to the adults.
We had vision, hearing, dental, baseline vital stats, speech, and immunization screens every other year through 9th grade.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:54:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anybody else remember having to strip down to their underwear and parade around the gym in a single file line to be examined by the medicos? Usually the boys went in at one time and the girls another. I only remember this for the first couple years of grade school, then evidently they stopped doing that.

At any rate, I was telling a co worker about it and he didn't believe me. I still remember it seeming a little awkward. Anyone else remember having to do that in grade school?
View Quote

yep.

J-
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:00:04 AM EDT
[#36]
All we had was where they checked your spine. Just had to take your shirt off and wait in line. The fatties got to hide behind a screen.

In football we had the option regarding physicals to either go to our family doctor, or visit a sports doctor as a group.

I went to the family doc and he touched my sack. Those that went in a group were unmolested.

EDIT: for drunk typing
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:12:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Holy shit.

Buncha y'all got raped. Strip down and parade around? I don't fucking think so.

Nearest I ever got was in 4th grade when we had a phantom shitter. Turds would appear on the floors, hallways, classrooms,  the library. We all knew who it was. One of the dirt poor kids. He would shake those nuggets down his pants leg.

Our principal announced that she was going to make all of the boys lower their pants in front of her to check for skid marks.

Fuck you, Principal Skinner!

I asked to call my Mom and was allowed to. She got to the school in about 5 minutes and shut that pedo show down. Many other boys did the same. My best memory of 4th grade is all of the enraged moms showing up saying you are not pulling my sons pants down.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:23:13 AM EDT
[#38]
We just took our shirts off to stand in the exam line...

A co-worker once asked me ...

"Why do you old  guys have those little circle tattoos on your arms" ?

Its the scar from either small pox vaccine or TB. I can't remember which.
We all got the vaccine in school...
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:31:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

IIRC, it was in 6 and 7th grades when the new male nurse came to our school, we all got our prostrates checked.

Twice a year IIRC.

Then in 8th grades they didn't do it any more.

I usually cried when they checked mine...

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
Nah, the old guy with icy fingers would do a hernia check, too.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:55:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

IIRC, it was in 6 and 7th grades when the new male nurse came to our school, we all got our prostrates checked.

Twice a year IIRC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Twice a year IIRC.

Both of these posts... no fucking way.  

I was a very bad kid when I hit puberty. A mess. I was hell for my Mom. She took me to see a child psychologist when I was 12. I wasn't opposed to it. I knew I was being a problem.

The guy was extremely creepy. And it wasn't five minutes in to talking to him that he asked me if I had hair on my "private places".

What?

Asked if my penis got hard.

WHAT????

I was 12 years old and stood up and walked out of there and gave my Mom an earful on the way to the car about taking me to see a fucking pervert.

Hair on my balls or hardons had nothing to do with the dumb shit I was doing.

Fucking pedophiles can be anywhere. They should all rot in fucking hell.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:56:49 AM EDT
[#42]
The only medical stuff I recall in elementary school were the lines for the shots with those big old shot guns that left the scar on your arm.
I'm sure there were other medical interventions but that was a long time ago.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
School physicals for us were at the doctor's office.

I have heard people in their 50s or older talking about having naked swimming class in high school.  

View Quote

This is because wearing clothes for swimming is inherently stupid
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Spine, lice, vision, and the dental van came around for the really poor kids.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was way back in the mid 70's.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I think I agree with him in a way.

Too often parents rely upon the school to raise their kids, the parents should be the parents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, but I did go to middle school when the principals and coaches could still hit a kid with a paddle. Sadly, I think we could use a little of that in this day and age in our schools..

When my 21 year old daughter started school, they still allowed paddling IF the parent had signed a consent form.  Before she finished elementary school, the school board hired some loon from southern California to be the new director of schools, and he proclaimed paddling (even with parental consent) to be barbaric and having no place in an educational institution.  

That was just one of the many ways he screwed the local schools up.

I think I agree with him in a way.

Too often parents rely upon the school to raise their kids, the parents should be the parents.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#47]
yes. Only did it once. in 1989 when I was in first grade
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Nurses office stood in line for a shot. Numerous ear and vision tests and some lice screenings. I remember if you wanted to play sports you ended up in the gym in undies for full physical. Public School fun.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Bunch of youngsters on here.  Yes, it was common for the school nurse to check for various things, primarily lice and scoliosis but also listen to heart and lungs sounds, check blood pressure, skin (scabies or signs of abuse), etc.  Nobody ever thought twice about it and we all grew up normal.  
View Quote

This...I also remember a tuberculosis test. This was in the late 70s and early 80s
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top