Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2001 6:34:00 PM EDT
My buddy and I feel like we did our good deed for the 'cause' today.  Tom (my buddy who is starting an emergency medicine residency in a couple of months) has been wanting to come out to my place to shoot for quite some time.  He recently added a Glock 23, a Ruger P95 and a SPAS-12 to his collection, and has been itching to shoot them.  My friends Brad and Sheri also came out.  Brad is starting an orthopedics residency and Sheri is going into Obstetrics and Gynecology.  

Anyway, we had the following to shoot:  SPAS-12, Benelli M1S90, Beretta 92FS, Ruger P95, Glock 23, Colt Python, and a couple of 22's.  Much to my amazement, I found out that Sheri had never fired a gun before.  We started by shooting blue rock with the SPAS and Benelli.  Sheri wasn't shy about trying the Benelli, and after we threw about 7 for her, she dusted one.  She is a pretty slight gal, but seemed to like the Benelli rather well.  We couldn't get her to shoot the SPAS, she wasn't convinced that the recoil was similar to the Benelli.

We then set up a target at 10 yards and started firing 10 shot groups with the pistols.  Sheri picked up the Ruger P95 and put her first 4 shots in the 9 and 10 rings.  Pretty amazing for never having fired before.  Her groups stayed similar the rest of the afternoon.  By the end of the day, we had her talked into buying a handgun as she will be living by herself and also for just the fun of shooting it.

I thought I would pass this on since there seems to be some occasional bashing of physicians in regard to gun control and especially for women physicians.  I will assure you that there were 3 male and 1 female physician at my house today that were VERY into guns .

I only regret that my cattle were in the wrong part of the pasture today, so I couldn't get the AR out of the safe and let them rock and roll with that.  We're planning to get back together soon for that...........
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Good deed indeed. You have convinced her into protecting herself.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
After seeing the way she can shoot, none of the three of us want to make her mad!
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top