Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:51:30 PM EDT

Here's the website. The online store appears to be down right now, but they say they're still accepting orders if you contact them directly.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Paging the flightless bird
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
well played new guy.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I blame Canada, buddy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#5]
serious question. Does a US copyright apply in Canada?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#6]
not close enough.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

please don't ban me
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cease and desist!  Cease and desist!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#9]
lol while I've supported arfcom for a good number of years, I find it hilarious there's the internet gestapo that makes threads like these.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I am a wee bit confused though. How can the geometric shape of a gun part be a copyright protected logo?

Serious question.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
The logo in the OP differs from the BFL slightly.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
well played new guy.

View Quote

Indeed.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am a wee bit confused though. How can the geometric shape of a gun part be a copyright protected logo?

Serious question.
View Quote

SIMPLE, its not Native American related and they applied for it. Delta Airlines TM'd a triangle and you have to ask that question. You can TM anything if you are first as long as the "R" registered symbol is not part of the design.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Doesn't have to be an exact copy- just close enough to cause confusion

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#16]
shill much???

gimme a fucking break
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
lol while I've supported arfcom for a good number of years, I find it hilarious there's the internet gestapo that makes threads like these.
View Quote

This.

Fucking hall monitors.

Nobody likes hall monitors.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Serious question.
View Quote

How can the letter "O"   be a registered trademark?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#19]
So a +2 mag extension on a shotgun classifies it at a zombie gun? I keep a 10 round extension on my Remington 1100 just for fun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
Snitches

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So a +2 mag extension on a shotgun classifies it at a zombie gun? I keep a 10 round extension on my Remington 1100 just for fun.
View Quote

As long as you don't use it for self defense.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Lwyerup
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#23]
These are always some of the lamest topics. Close second to people posting Facebook and armslist gun ads where a bbl may be an inch too short and how the Feds should be contacted because it's an illegal sbr. Don't some of you have better things to do than play mall cop?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#25]
They better pepper the angus..
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I hate a thief more than I hate a hall monitor.

Stealing is stealing, do you support it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Fucking hall monitors.

Do you patrol the aisles of every retail store? Jesus get a life.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Fucking hall monitors.

This..
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#28]
But do they offer color options?  round here we likes options.................
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
These are always some of the lamest topics. Close second to people posting Facebook and armslist gun ads where a bbl may be an inch too short and how the Feds should be contacted because it's an illegal sbr. Don't some of you have better things to do than play mall cop?
View Quote

Platinum membership, does not understand why this site protects its intellectual property. Humm, curious.  

Let me break it down like Barney for you:  If ARF doesn’t defend their IP they lose the right to under the law. Therefore they offer memberships to people that help them do just that. Period. End of story.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Cry Havoc! and release the lawyers of Arfcom.

Sorry Willy.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Platinum membership, does not understand why this site protects its intellectual property. Humm, curious.  

Let me break it down like Barney for you:  If ARF doesn’t defend their IP they lose the right to under the law. Therefore they offer memberships to people that help them do just that. Period. End of story.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Question, or just the goofy face?

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This.

Fucking hall monitors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Fucking hall monitors.

The whole thing is kinda dumb. It's like Goodyear trademarking the shape of a tire, so no one else can use tires in their business.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the BFL registered in Canuckistan?

I would assume so.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Welcome back Target Target...oh wait, nevermind
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So OP and the other brown noses work for AR15.com? Where do I send the cookies for being internet heroes? Where do I send your gift for being a twat?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/ccVYZ8e.jpg

Here's the website. The online store appears to be down right now, but they say they're still accepting orders if you contact them directly.
View Quote

Sir:

On behalf of the staff, we appreciate your diligence in pointing out other firearm related sites are using a similar depiction of a common part of one of the most popular rifles in the world.  To show our gratitude, we award you one extra chance in the bottom tier drawing (ITAR applies, no substitutions) and a rare tie-dye BFL beanie cap with propeller (blem).

Sincerely,
The Bosses

Is this what the OP was hoping for?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

my first thought too.

J-
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This.

Fucking hall monitors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Fucking hall monitors.

Agree 100%.  These threads are sad, watching grown men snitching like little Bobby on the play ground.  You have an element of ARFCOM that are the BFL fan boy club.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I blame Canada, buddy.
View Quote

They aren't your buddy, pal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:26:55 AM EDT
[#45]
That bfl on the sticker is substantially different than the one in the upper left corner of this wwbpage.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I blame Canada, buddy.
View Quote

Heck yeah.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:16:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
not close enough.
View Quote

lol. There's always a couple. Yes it is.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
the site has a bounty/reward IIRC for these

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

my first thought too.

J-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my first thought too.

J-

Canada has their own Intellectual Property Office, probably depends on whether Arfcom applied for their trademark in Canada as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:37:16 AM EDT
[#50]
logo is not the same. fail.

Personally, I'm one of those guys that says if you weren't the company that originally engineered the AR bolt face then you don't own that logo...but 'whatever'. I don't really give a shit either way, or what some trademark / copyright office says. Not that I am going to start using the logo for commercial purposes or anything, but jesus, lighten up. This whole BFL Gestapo reminds me of Jeep suing GM over the "iconic Jeep grill" that GM was going to use on the Hummer H2. Never mind that Ford actually designed that grill. So yeah, a little bit full retard. Does anyone honestly give a shit what 'logo' the site uses? Really? Would you go to the worst forum of all time because it had a sweet logo? Would you ever stop visiting a great forum because the logo looked dumb? No? Then it really doesn't make a bit of difference. Personally, I ignore it, just like everything else on the web that isn't useful content. The content is the only thing that has true value. If the site had 4 messages in the last 8 years, but a really really sweet logo, the logo wouldn't be worth shit and no one would go to the site. Branding can have value, but it can also be value-less, or perhaps more accurately non-value-adding.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top