You think IS is just a boogie man?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Manipulation of idiots.

It goes both way.  Left is manipulated as is the right.

Isis is Al Qaeda rebranded and we supply them.  Why? To destabilize the middle east and to keep us  in fear of the bogie man.

Who keeps our southern border open yet Canadians are hassled when they cross?  Who lets MS-13 in this nation?  Who lets all the muslims in here too?

The biggest threat to our freedom is within.  Who spies on all of us?  Who gropes your family at the airport.  Who threatens to take away your 2A rights and all other rights?  Who is going to steal your money, stocks and retirement?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Conservatives aren't any better.  

Shit, how many threads about "the gays" do we create every day here?  Conservatives are just as dumb about the same things you list as well, we have to automatically support the dentist that shot Cecil the lion, the Confederate Battle flag, etc.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#3]
smoke, meet mirror
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Who keeps our southern border open yet Canadians are hassled when they cross?  Who lets MS-13 in this nation?  Who lets all the muslims in here too?

The biggest threat to our freedom is within.  Who spies on all of us?  Who gropes your family at the airport.  Who threatens to take away your 2A rights and all other rights?  Who is going to steal your money, stocks and retirement?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Manipulation of idiots.

Isis is Al Qaeda rebranded and we supply them.  Why? To destabilize the middle east and to keep us  in fear of the bogie man.

So you indeed think IS is some invented fiction meant to scare you.

Got it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:23:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Manipulation of idiots.

Got it.

How did we know Bin Laden was diabetic?  

Fear is also a control mechanism.

The camel jocks & goatherders are not the biggest threat we face today.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:30:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Propaganda value.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why?

Freddy Gray, Trayvon, a damn lion, the Southern Cross Battle Flag,  just to name a few. Why do they froth at the mouth over something they were clueless about the day before?

Mental illness doesn't run in my family and I'm not flexible enough to fit my head in my ass, so I have trouble with their mental gymnastics.
View Quote

1. shiny balls of distraction.

2. they hate wealth they define wealth as old white guys

3. anything used by them will ultimately be spun into it is a rich white guys fault.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Control of the masses.  They must constantly give the masses a target or scapegoat to be the subject of their rage lest it be turned on those in power.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#9]
It's not just the left. You all get hung up on things that don't matter.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Why?

Freddy Gray, Trayvon, a damn lion, the Southern Cross Battle Flag,  just to name a few. Why do they froth at the mouth over something they were clueless about the day before?

Mental illness doesn't run in my family and I'm not flexible enough to fit my head in my ass, so I have trouble with their mental gymnastics.
View Quote
To distract you while they get ready to throw down for real, as with the new EPA regs that OBAMA TOLD US 7 YEARS AGO WERE COMING. The GOP did nothing to prepare for or prevent this. Instead, they fought amongst themselves. But ol' turtle face sure wrote a great op-ed piece, didn't he?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:53:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Because it isn't inconsequential to the people who care about those things?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:03:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's not just the left. You all get hung up on things that don't matter.
View Quote

Yep... GD is the home of people hung up on trivia
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:31:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:37:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

How did we know Bin Laden was diabetic?  

Fear is also a control mechanism.

The camel jocks & goatherders are not the biggest threat we face today.
View Quote
From people who knew him?  Hell, his most trusted bodyguard was arrested and held by the Yemenis in the year 2000 for instance.  The guy wrote a book about Bin Laden.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:41:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why?

View Quote

Read " Rules for radicals" by saul alinsky. It's the liberals playbook. Obama's bible.

The rules[1]

“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
“Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
“Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
“Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
“A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
“A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
“Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
“The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
“If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
“The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:48:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Because they are fucking retards, just like the 2nd shift guy on my machine.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:58:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Known in other circles as maskirovka.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Known in other circles as maskirovka.

"The 1944 Soviet Military Encyclopedia defines maskirovka as the "means of securing combat operations and the daily activities of forces; a complexity of measures, directed to mislead the enemy regarding the presence and disposition of forces..."[1] Later versions of the doctrine also include strategic, political, and diplomatic means—including manipulation of "the facts", situation and perceptions—to affect the media and public/world opinion, so as to achieve or facilitate tactical, strategic, national and international goals."

Good word, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:09:22 AM EDT
[#18]
It's all distraction from the real important issues. The left is easily distracted and easily amused. Simple minds and all that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
1) Divide and conquer.  Distracts people from real issues.
2) Distraction.  You want folks to figure out that Dodd-Frank resulted in you becoming an unsecured creditor to your bank?  That $100,000 in that account belongs to the bank, not you and you're second in line to a primary creditor.  Oh, ditto for those stocks that your brokerage says belongs to you.  Distraction also allows for more shenanigans being pulled right in front of the public's face and the public is in total ignorance (or apathy) of it.
3) Take advantage of people's short attention span.  Issue doesn't appear in the news, people forget it was the crisis of yesterday.  Remember ebola?

Turn off the main stream media.

BTW, look what Congress has done that doesn't have public support:  TARP, 0-Care, Internet kill switch.  Will of the people be d*mned.  It's what Congress' paymaster wants.  Anyone want to comment on the repeal of  Glass-Steagall and its implication?
View Quote

Pretty good summary. Bread and circuses. These inconsequential "news" stories aren't really news in the sense that they should be given national attention. The media outlets need to create a crisis to boost their ratings.  The higher the ratings, the more money you can charge for advertising space, think Super Bowl.

You also have the real news existing below the surface, that the average Joe Six-Pack were made aware of, there would be a return tar and feathers and lynching on the White House lawn.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Liberals work on emotion, not logic or reason.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why? .
View Quote

Same reason the right gets fixated on inconsequential stuff.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#22]
another arfcommer and I were just discussing this.
linky

“Continuous interpretation is achieved by trying to control every approach to the public mind in such a manner that the public receives the desired impression, often without being conscious of it. High-spotting, on the other hand, vividly seizes the attention of the public and fixes it upon some detail or aspect which is typical of the entire enterprise.
? Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Red herrings.  The leftists that control the mainstream media are deliberately trying to change the conversation from planned parenthood, hillary and irs emails, etc..   And it worked - they are masters of manipulating the news cycle because they are the ones controlling the media.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
linky

View All Quotes
Quoted:
linky

“Continuous interpretation is achieved by trying to control every approach to the public mind in such a manner that the public receives the desired impression, often without being conscious of it. High-spotting, on the other hand, vividly seizes the attention of the public and fixes it upon some detail or aspect which is typical of the entire enterprise.
? Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda

I was just thinking of that the other day. Weird
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why?

View Quote

It's amost like a list of the most popular topics on GD!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Manipulation of idiots.

Got it.

Their current threat to the U.S. is.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yeah, the Right only cares about important shit, like Cliven Bundy, the 1% of planned parenthood funding used for abortions, the other side of the Confederate Flag debate, whether rapes can be "legitimate" or not, and what Biblical teachings should be inside science books.

View Quote

Yup. Neither side has a monopoly on freaking out over chickenshit issues.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#28]
No one really cares about any of these issues, they are all designed to take your eye off the ball.  The left goes crazy about a dead lion and the right reacts that it's perfectly ok to hunt lions.  Meanwhile Planned Parenthood is literally butchering and selling babies and we continue to fight about bullshit.

This will continue until we destroy ourselves or raise an intelligent generation of people smart enough to stop it.  The first part is more likely than the latter.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Manipulation of idiots.
View Quote

heh heh

To leftists, every little thing that can be used to advance their crazy, self-serving marxist narrative is an opportunity to be seized.

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste," Romulan Emanuel.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#30]
It's a trick to get idiots to flap their yaps about something controversial (even if they were the ones who created the controversy) to get soundbites for TV shows like The Daily Show which are pretty much nothing but leftist propaganda.  It's a trap that even most of the people getting caught in it don't even know exists.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, the Right only cares about important shit, like Cliven Bundy, the 1% of planned parenthood funding used for abortions, the other side of the Confederate Flag debate, whether rapes can be "legitimate" or not, and what Biblical teachings should be inside science books.

+1
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Why?

View Quote

They don't know why.  They just do as they are told.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It may seem inconsequential, but everything can be used to push their agenda.

Go fly a Confederate flag outside of your house and see what happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freddy Gray

They can bash/limit cops.

Trayvon

They can try to get rid of Stand Your Ground

a damn lion

They can try to ban big game hunting.

the Southern Cross Battle Flag,

They can try to destroy Southern (red state) culture.

It may seem inconsequential, but everything can be used to push their agenda.

Go fly a Confederate flag outside of your house and see what happens.

I'm 1 of 2 who doesn't have one flying..the store was out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No one really cares about any of these issues, they are all designed to take your eye off the ball.  The left goes crazy about a dead lion and the right reacts that it's perfectly ok to hunt lions.  Meanwhile Planned Parenthood is literally butchering and selling babies and we continue to fight about bullshit.

This will continue until we destroy ourselves or raise an intelligent generation of people smart enough to stop it.  The first part is more likely than the latter.
View Quote

Just like magicians telling you to keep your eye on the ball in their right hand and their left hand is stealing your wallet!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top