Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Lot of good insight in this thread from you guys with an IT background.

It fucking blows my tiny brain that this bitch was allowed to get away with
what she has done.

Who wants to bet she does not do one minute of time over it either?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One is a lesbian. The other is not. Guess who gets the pass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

All things considered I guess it wasn't Petraeus that got the pass.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A couple of observations....

Either the guy who set it up for her was completely clueless about how public records work, or she promised him the moon and stars to do it for her.  No way, no how, would I ever take part in a project designed to completely short-circuit the laws and safeguards put in place for regular public documents.  And then let's just ponder the classified material aspect.  The guy who sold her the server is the one I'd want under oath even if it took a grant of immunity to do it.  
View Quote

It's just worth noting that there is nothing illegal or immoral about running one's own email server, even as the SoS as long as it's used for non-government communications.  The misuse of the system isn't the admin's fault.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's just worth noting that there is nothing illegal or immoral about running one's own email server, even as the SoS as long as it's used for non-government communications.  The misuse of the system isn't the admin's fault.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A couple of observations....

Either the guy who set it up for her was completely clueless about how public records work, or she promised him the moon and stars to do it for her.  No way, no how, would I ever take part in a project designed to completely short-circuit the laws and safeguards put in place for regular public documents.  And then let's just ponder the classified material aspect.  The guy who sold her the server is the one I'd want under oath even if it took a grant of immunity to do it.  

I'd wager there was some PKI work involved that might have provided some clues as to the intended usage of the server.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#6]
What I dont understand about all of this is why doesn't Congress just go to all of the different agencies she was communicating with and subpoena the e-mails from them?  They are all going to have copies of the same damn e-mails and they don't have to dick around with Hillary to get them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What I dont understand about all of this is why doesn't Congress just go to all of the different agencies she was communicating with and subpoena the e-mails from them?  They are all going to have copies of the same damn e-mails and they don't have to dick around with Hillary to get them.
View Quote

Heck just a FOIA request to DoS for the outgoing messages that were sent to *@hillwhatever.barf would be an interesting item.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Heck just a FOIA request to DoS for the outgoing messages that were sent to *@hillwhatever.barf would be an interesting item.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually if this continues for a few months it is pretty good, with new revelations coming every out every couple weeks Hillary will have to answer questions.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Judge orders Hillary to account for private server

"A federal judge has ordered Hillary Clinton and two of her top aides to provide more details about their email arrangement to a court while under penalty of perjury.

In a lawsuit against the State Department that was reopened following news of Clinton's private email server, Judge Emmet Sullivan of U.S. District Court ordered Clinton, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin to declare under oath that they have produced all government-related records in their possession.

Sullivan also ordered Clinton, Mills and Abedin to identify the email server and any devices they may have used to transmit government records, and to confirm whether Abedin and Mills had access to the private network Clinton reportedly set up in her own home."......

.....Sullivan's order also requires Clinton and the two aides to "describe, under penalty of perjury, the extent to which Ms. Abedin and Ms. Mills used Mrs. Clinton's email server to conduct official government business."

Washington Examiner

He ordered it on 7/31/15. They have to comply by 8/7/15.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Judge orders Hillary to account for private server

"A federal judge has ordered Hillary Clinton and two of her top aides to provide more details about their email arrangement to a court while under penalty of perjury.

In a lawsuit against the State Department that was reopened following news of Clinton's private email server, Judge Emmet Sullivan of U.S. District Court ordered Clinton, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin to declare under oath that they have produced all government-related records in their possession.

Sullivan also ordered Clinton, Mills and Abedin to identify the email server and any devices they may have used to transmit government records, and to confirm whether Abedin and Mills had access to the private network Clinton reportedly set up in her own home."......

.....Sullivan's order also requires Clinton and the two aides to "describe, under penalty of perjury, the extent to which Ms. Abedin and Ms. Mills used Mrs. Clinton's email server to conduct official government business."

Washington Examiner

He ordered it on 7/31/15. They have to comply by 8/7/15.

View Quote

The White House is required by law to retain their emails indefinitely.  Clinton, using her server for official WH business, is also required to retain all her emails indefinitely.

Using her unclassified server for classified is another issue

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Of course she sent classified emails on an unsecured system, it isn't like she could just email china the stuff they wanted.

She let china intercept the stuff they wanted.

That communist traitor needs to be prosecuted.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because they all knew she was using personal email for official communications and allowed it to happen.

Comrade Hilery may have run the server, but the entire govt that she communicated with using it is guilty of a federal crime.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not really in the same league. Anon doesn't really make my top 10 list of things that keep me awake at night.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not really in the same league. Anon doesn't really make my top 10 list of things that keep me awake at night.

“The U.S. Census Bureau is investigating an IT security incident relating to unauthorized access to non-confidential information on an external system that is not part of the Census Bureau internal network. Access to the external system has been restricted while our IT forensics team investigates”

And the OPM hack wasn't even announced for a year from when incidents around it started to happen, because no PII had been compromised.  The information taken from the Census Bureau, while not threatening in itself, was easily aggregated to provide PII for government employees, as well as clear text passwords for other systems.

I tend to agree that what has been discovered so far is no big deal.  Yet . . . it is indicative of bigger problems.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As I understand such systems, if she sent emails to State employees using their work email addresses, those received emails should be on State's email server.

Am I wrong on this?
View Quote

but, but,she is HRC there are different rules,or no rules for her and Bubba.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:59:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ultimately they will. But it will be excruciatingly slow. People who had emails with Clinton or her staff will drag their feet either because they are supporters of the Left or they are Bureaucrats that do not wish to be seen as submitting to 'outsiders' (Other Bureaucrats would destroy them).
Look at how long its taking to get emails from Lois Lerner at the IRS. Her hard drives all crashed...And everyone she worked with crashed. Then it was something else. Just recently the head of the IRS ignored a Federal Judges' orders to get shit done.
Look at how the Fast and Furious scandal has panned out...
Look at what they pulled off on Benghazi (Even with the fantastic interrogations of Gowdy, Rand Paul, Jason Chaffetz and so many more).
And a whole bunch of other examples.
No, this is who these people are. This is what they do and they are very good at it. Its really frightening.
Hell Washington DC was told by the SCOTUS in the Heller case to issue gun permits and yet now 3 years later DC has still just ignored that ruling.

One other thing. All of Hillary's inner circle all had their emails on that same server. So both senders and receivers records are controlled by Hillary. Sure there will be tons of others that were outside of that LAN, Normal SOS stuff that will come out eventually but a lot of real dirt is hidden.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:04:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As I understand such systems, if she sent emails to State employees using their work email addresses, those received emails should be on State's email server.

Am I wrong on this?
View Quote

You are correct. And many of those will be accessed eventually but it will be like pulling teeth. Who will want to be seen as the one who brought Hillary down...especially to Evil Conservatives who are worse than imaginable.
Also Hillary's inner circle were all on her server. Mills, Huma and a whole lot more. So both sent and received messages of the inner circle are all on her server...
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:15:27 AM EDT
[#18]
From Drudge:

'FBI looking into the security of Hillary Clinton’s private e-mail setup'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-looks-into-security-of-clintons-private-e-mail-setup/2015/08/04/2bdd85ec-3aae-11e5-8e98-115a3cf7d7ae_story.html

From WaPo no less.

After all this time the FBI has decided to look into this?  Assuming that they really do investigate this 'could' end it for her. Something may have changed behind the scenes. Maybe the Democrats have to much internal polling that shows her negatives are huge and that she loses to any number of Republican candidates. Or maybe this FBI investigation goes nowhere. Still I am surprised to see it at all let alone on a major Democratic news site.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:26:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Not a Damn thing will happen. They probably see it as nothing but training in continued obfuscation.

They have won. It's over before anything has begun.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top