Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/3/2015 10:30:20 AM EDT
Being an IT guy I am curious to know what type of email server Clinton had, like software and OS. I wondering if it was hosted in a private cloud
or an actual physical server in her residence/office. I know that hag probably hired some consultant to set it up for her.
I use to run a virtual machine running Exchange 2007 under my own domain until Comcast started blocking port 25

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Being an IT guy I am curious to know what type of email server Clinton had, like software and OS. I wondering if it was hosted in a private cloud

or an actual physical server in her residence/office. I know that hag probably hired some consultant to set it up for her.

I use to run a virtual machine running Exchange 2007 under my own domain until Comcast started blocking port 25

View Quote

So is much of Congress.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully  she will be under oath in October when she appears before  the house...just wondering how long before she takes  the 5th?

If I was Trey Gowdy my first question  would  be...what are the names and contact info of the staff that maintained your server...then put them under  oath.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hopefully  she will be under oath in October when she appears before  the house...just wondering how long before she takes  the 5th?

If I was Trey Gowdy my first question  would  be...what are the names and contact info of the staff that maintained your server...then put them under  oath.
View Quote

"Who was the DAA that approved the use of private resources for official business?"
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you really think Hillary gives a shit if she's under oath or not?  Puh-leeze....
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#6]
There was an article somewhere that someone had traced the location back to a NYC State government building that the server was actually housed in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#9]
A couple of observations....

Either the guy who set it up for her was completely clueless about how public records work, or she promised him the moon and stars to do it for her.  No way, no how, would I ever take part in a project designed to completely short-circuit the laws and safeguards put in place for regular public documents.  And then let's just ponder the classified material aspect.  The guy who sold her the server is the one I'd want under oath even if it took a grant of immunity to do it.  

Didn't they back up the thing?  So they wiped the server, trashed the backups, but somehow managed to print hard copies of what they thought was "relevant"?  Hillary isn't that dumb.  She will have a copy of everything because she'll need it should the other party in that email exchange ever surface as a potential legal problem.  I guarantee everyone who has any dealings with a Clinton keeps all their documentation.  And if I were the one paid to wipe the server, I'd seriously consider a surreptitious backup before starting the process as a bargaining chip for a get of out jail card should Madame Secretary decide to toss me under the bus.  

I won't even get in to how this makes it unclear about certain classified documents being improperly handled.  Oh, and the old BS line about it not being classified at the time it was sent is just that.  She can't be so clueless as to think that anyone is going to buy that as being even remotely true.  

What I can guarantee is that if one of us mere mortals was running a server with a few years of classified State Department emails and who knows what else on it, the government would already be kicking in our doors and thoroughly giving us the business.  Just sending them a note saying "Don't worry, I wiped it clean." wouldn't cut it.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I just don't understand why she wiped her server if she had nothing to hide.  Because clearly she treats it as no big deal
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Remember she said the Secret Service was there to guard her servers so no one could touch them....

(Yeah, she's thinks you're that fucking dumb.)
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Destroyed by sniper fire at the Sarajevo airport.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe this is why Biden is considering running
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Destroyed by sniper fire at the Sarajevo airport.
View Quote

LOL. Nice.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

/this

I'd love for the risk assessment to become public.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Who was the DAA that approved the use of private resources for official business?"

/this

Thirded.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#16]
IF anything regarding this begins to stick to Her Thighness, people are going to be turning up in Ft.Marcy park.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thirded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/this

Thirded.

I'm itching for the details on both this and OPM. OPM in particular since there were apprently multiple IG recommendations which were not addressed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
U.S. intel fears hundreds of secrets leaked in Hillary’s private emails

Many more classified emails identified as Congress is notified

The U.S. official said the intelligence community has been informed that secret information had been contained in some of Mrs. Clinton’s private emails that originated from the FBI, the DNI and the CIA as well as a spy satellite agency. It is believed the 30,000 emails remain on a thumb drive in the possession of Mrs. Clinton’s private attorney, David Kendall.

The official said the intelligence community’s first response was to take steps to secure the handling of remaining 30,000 emails and make sure they were handled on top-secret servers to avoid any further breaches, and then to assess any damage to national security from the insecure handling and release of information already in some of the publicly disseminated emails.

“Containment first, then a damage assessment is how this must be handled,” the official said.

The official said the intelligence community was already concerned, for instance, that some classified information was inadvertently disclosed by the State Department in recent weeks when one of Mrs. Clinton’s emails about Libya was publicly released.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/30/hillary-clinton-emails-us-intelligence-preparing-m/?page=all

How Unsafe Was Hillary Clinton's Secret Staff Email System?

When Hillary Clinton ditched government email in favor of a secret, personal address, it wasn't just an affront to Obama's vaunted transparency agenda—security experts consulted by Gawker have laid out a litany of potential threats that may have exposed her email conversations to potential interception by hackers and foreign intelligence agencies.

"It is almost certain that at least some of the emails hosted at clintonemails.com were intercepted," independent security expert and developer Nic Cubrilovic told Gawker.

http://gawker.com/how-unsafe-was-hillary-clintons-secret-staff-email-syst-1689393042
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
U.S. intel fears hundreds of secrets leaked in Hillary’s private emails

Many more classified emails identified as Congress is notified

The U.S. official said the intelligence community has been informed that secret information had been contained in some of Mrs. Clinton’s private emails that originated from the FBI, the DNI and the CIA as well as a spy satellite agency. It is believed the 30,000 emails remain on a thumb drive in the possession of Mrs. Clinton’s private attorney, David Kendall.

The official said the intelligence community’s first response was to take steps to secure the handling of remaining 30,000 emails and make sure they were handled on top-secret servers to avoid any further breaches, and then to assess any damage to national security from the insecure handling and release of information already in some of the publicly disseminated emails.

“Containment first, then a damage assessment is how this must be handled,” the official said.

The official said the intelligence community was already concerned, for instance, that some classified information was inadvertently disclosed by the State Department in recent weeks when one of Mrs. Clinton’s emails about Libya was publicly released.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/30/hillary-clinton-emails-us-intelligence-preparing-m/?page=all

How Unsafe Was Hillary Clinton's Secret Staff Email System?

When Hillary Clinton ditched government email in favor of a secret, personal address, it wasn't just an affront to Obama's vaunted transparency agenda—security experts consulted by Gawker have laid out a litany of potential threats that may have exposed her email conversations to potential interception by hackers and foreign intelligence agencies.

"It is almost certain that at least some of the emails hosted at clintonemails.com were intercepted," independent security expert and developer Nic Cubrilovic told Gawker.

http://gawker.com/how-unsafe-was-hillary-clintons-secret-staff-email-syst-1689393042
View Quote

From the Gawker URL it looks like Exchange 2010 lol
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#20]
At this point it was probably wiped, burnt, smashed, poured in a bucket of concrete and dumped in the long island sound.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm itching for the details on both this and OPM. OPM in particular since there were apprently multiple IG recommendations which were not addressed.
View Quote

Are you not interested in the Census Bureau leak from last week?  Of course, so many leaks, so little time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

At this point it was probably wiped, burnt, smashed, poured in a bucket of concrete and dumped in the long island sound.
View Quote
Nope.  Starting to look to me like she was using hosted space for the server.  That's potentially even worse than running one in your basement with the S.S. standing guard.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Being an IT guy, you might be curious as to how she even managed to use a private server/not use her .gov supplied e-mail.

Can you imagine someone doing that at Boeing, Honeywell, GE, etc.?

"Naw, just send everything to my personal e-mail..."

And you know the IT guys were all over her making sure everything was set up for her...then...n-o-t-h-i-n-g.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Do you really think Hillary gives a shit if she's under oath or not?  Puh-leeze....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. If Trey Gowdy can't/won't touch Lois Lerner Hillary has absolutely nothing to worry about. Under oath or not, what does that matter?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Whatever she says it will be a lie
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They won't even mention the NSA by name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Mrs. Clinton’s private emails that originated from the FBI, the DNI and the CIA as well as a spy satellite agency

Could also be NGA.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Either the guy who set it up for her was completely clueless about how public records work, or she promised him the moon and stars to do it for her.  No way, no how, would I ever take part in a project designed to completely short-circuit the laws and safeguards put in place for regular public documents.  And then let's just ponder the classified material aspect.  The guy who sold her the server is the one I'd want under oath even if it took a grant of immunity to do it.  

Didn't they back up the thing?  So they wiped the server, trashed the backups, but somehow managed to print hard copies of what they thought was "relevant"?  Hillary isn't that dumb.  She will have a copy of everything because she'll need it should the other party in that email exchange ever surface as a potential legal problem.  I guarantee everyone who has any dealings with a Clinton keeps all their documentation.  And if I were the one paid to wipe the server, I'd seriously consider a surreptitious backup before starting the process as a bargaining chip for a get of out jail card should Madame Secretary decide to toss me under the bus.  

I won't even get in to how this makes it unclear about certain classified documents being improperly handled.  Oh, and the old BS line about it not being classified at the time it was sent is just that.  She can't be so clueless as to think that anyone is going to buy that as being even remotely true.  

What I can guarantee is that if one of us mere mortals was running a server with a few years of classified State Department emails and who knows what else on it, the government would already be kicking in our doors and thoroughly giving us the business.  Just sending them a note saying "Don't worry, I wiped it clean." wouldn't cut it.  
View Quote

That doesn't correspond to her M.O.  During Whitewater, the shredders and the fireplaces were running full bore.  She has Cheryl Mills, whose only job it seems is to destroy documents.  Her M.O. is to eliminate all records which could in any way be damaging.  If others have copies, she will simply deny their authenticity, deflect criticism back on the accuser, and then refuse to address the issue because it is so old it's settled.  That has worked for years, and the terminally stupid have still not caught on.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Being an IT guy, you might be curious as to how she even managed to use a private server/not use her .gov supplied e-mail.

And you know the IT guys were all over her making sure everything was set up for her...then...n-o-t-h-i-n-g.
View Quote

It's still a pretty big No-No even with the Feds. A pretty senior ATF official (GS15, deputy head of intel or something like that) was marched out of HQ by the FBI a few weeks ago for allegedly transfering data to his private email accounts.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
IF anything regarding this begins to stick to Her Thighness, people are going to be turning up in Ft.Marcy park.
View Quote

With 3 self inflicted shots to the head?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Officially known as the Digital Collection System 1000 (DCS-1000), Carnivore captures data traffic that flows through an Internet service provider (ISP). The system prompted a flurry of criticism from privacy advocates when it was announced in 2000 during the Clinton administration.

At the time that Carnivore was shut down, the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) speculated that, "FBI's need for Carnivore-like Internet surveillance tools is decreasing, likely because ISPs are providing Internet traffic information directly to the government."

Eight years later, it looks like EPIC was right - since it would appear based on the WaPo report that the NSA has been getting info directly from providers.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

is probably looking for safe haven in Russia.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's still a pretty big No-No even with the Feds. A pretty senior ATF official (GS15, deputy head of intel or something like that) was marched out of HQ by the FBI a few weeks ago for allegedly transfering data to his private email accounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  I'm not even talking about classified material...just the fact that she didn't use her .gov provided (required) e-mail address to conduct business and/or had her .state.gov e-mail forwarded to her personal server...which isn't even an option* on the .gov/.mil servers I use.

* It is prohibited to forward .gov/.mil e-mail to non-.gov/mil e-mail addresses.

And what about her incoming/outgoing non-disclosure agreements???

I guess what Obama is saying is that he never exchanged a single e-mail with his SoS in however many years since he claimed he didn't know she wasn't using her .state.gov e-mail.

But, as we all know, to a liberal, ignorance is a valid excuse.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you gave up the sanctity of a personal email server because Comcast was blocking port 25 on your common residential service??
Did you ever consider getting an honest-to-god commercial Internet account with static IPs and no blocking??
The g/f and I have shared an Exchange server since the Exchange 5.5 days. We are now on Exchange 2013 on a virtual machine. Yes, it costs more $$ to run a static IP account, but it's worth the piece of mind to have total control over one's email account. Becides, in what other situation could you use a email signature like mine below??

This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above & may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or unsuitable for overly-sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Furthermore, this email was sent from a private mail server wholly owned and operated by Ivy-Mike & **** Consulting. All information residing on said mail server is the personal & private property of Ivy-Mike & **** Consulting and will not be erased, altered or surrendered without a court order and enough firepower to enforce it.

Have a nice day!

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It is believed the 30,000 emails remain on a thumb drive in the possession of Mrs. Clinton’s private attorney, David Kendall.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Are you not interested in the Census Bureau leak from last week?  Of course, so many leaks, so little time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link? Been busy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Link? Been busy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link? Been busy.

Census Bureau Hack
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

Not really in the same league. Anon doesn't really make my top 10 list of things that keep me awake at night.

“The U.S. Census Bureau is investigating an IT security incident relating to unauthorized access to non-confidential information on an external system that is not part of the Census Bureau internal network. Access to the external system has been restricted while our IT forensics team investigates”
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#39]
DOD is retroactively classifying the limited amount she is revealing.

How damning is that?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bubba never has, so why should she.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

but she is a Party Apparatchik, the rules are different for them........us lowly serfs and peasants are the only ones expected to follow the rules.

it does seem that there is someone in State that wants this to drag out as long as possible, else why would the so called files of Emails take so long to come out in dribs and drabs?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just don't understand why she wiped her server if she had nothing to hide.  Because clearly she treats it as no big deal
View Quote

obviously
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Remember she said the Secret Service was there to guard her servers so no one could touch them....

(Yeah, she's thinks you're that fucking dumb.)
View Quote

she knows we aren't but then we aren't her electorate and base are we?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

a) I would suspect that she has a shady IT guy on contract...for just such occasions.
b) The guy(s) who set it up may be the ones who eventually cave.
c)  Hypothetical question:  she does become POTUS; what is she going to use for e-mail?  

a) Is anything ever really gone?  She has said that the server is still in her possession.
b) I'm truly surprised e-mails from her to others haven't surfaced.  Rare is an illegal enterprise so tight that someone doesn't crack to avoid legal issues.

a) Unless she was the originator of the classification, she can't downgrade it.  The only way what she is saying is even remotely possible is if the information had a DECLASS date...a really short declass date.
b) And what about her actual secure e-mail traffic?  Do you mean to tell me that as SoS she never once accessed SIPR?  

View Quote

a) After Wikileaks released classified material, military/government personnel were warned not to even attempt to view anything from the site as it would place them in the position of having classified material on their unclass devices.  It didn't/doesn't matter if the material is released open source, it still remains classified.
b)  In the accidental spillage incidents I've seen, entire systems were purged to eliminate the classified material...the server from which it originated (or to which is was sent) is only a small part of the system.

So yea, everything you said is right/makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey, no one wants those yoga schedules and wedding plans going open source.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Maybe this is why Biden is considering running
View Quote

The really interesting thing is, she has/is/will box the democratic party into a corner.

Basically, it's her or no one.

If we get too far down the primary road before she falls out, they will have no recovery plan.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another good point in the unending litany of protocols that were violated and things that are just plain wrong:  the .gov personnel I know have to get explicit permission to use personal devices for government business, the material must be encrypted and it's basically a one-time/emergency use...not "I'm just going to use personal devices from here on out."
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Could also be NGA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mrs. Clinton’s private emails that originated from the FBI, the DNI and the CIA as well as a spy satellite agency

Could also be NGA.

The NGA is more of a satellite spy agency, though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which, in and of itself, would be illegal.

Just look what 18-½ missing minutes of audio tape cost Nixon (not that he was otherwise clean, just sayin').
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top