Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

get back with me when you have a migraine that mimics a stroke and lasts 30 days
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I assume you have never had a bad migraine?  I have fairly mild ones and it's all I can do to not lie down in a dark room.  I have seen people with the bad enough if they sit up, the vomit.  Then get dehydrated and hurt more.

HaM

I used to get 'em occasionally when I was much younger, so I get the whole "go somewhere dark, lie down, and don't move" thing. I usually did that. But it never entered my head that I should go to the ER. Maybe because I was watching a lot of the TV show "ER" at the time, and thought all emergency rooms were like that?. Before Goose died, so idk late 90's?

get back with me when you have a migraine that mimics a stroke and lasts 30 days

Not how the guy presented, and that's a whole other can of beans, but OK. I will say that sounds like it sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before, though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good job OP, you managed to draw out a huge amount of butthurt in this thread.  
View Quote

Coming from site staff, that actually means something to me, sir. Just glad we didn't have any issues!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Good for you
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad you're still around Zoomies. Now go fix your computer. We're getting the band back together
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Glad you're still around Zoomies. Now go fix your computer. We're getting the band back together
View Quote

Solid copy. I'll do what I can.

You get that other thing I sent you? If so, text me

ETA: Kinda having a blast playing Fallout Vegas right now. What's your stance on man-portable nuclear weapons?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know many states made the ID free.  I would have said "they are so poor they can't afford a free ID?"

And who's racist?  You for wanting a voter ID law or the nurse for thinking that The only poor people are black?
View Quote

...and all/most black people drive around without a DL.    (if you can afford a car and fuel, $30 for a DL isn't much and I am pretty sure even in the bad parts of town most people have DL's, unless it has been suspended or revoked)
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
That is awesome! Keep it up.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ETA: Kinda having a blast playing Fallout Vegas right now. What's your stance on man-portable nuclear weapons?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If it fits, it ships! I'm a total asshole on Fallout games.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Some of you need to go to the ER to have the sticks removed from your asses.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you get benefits from the .gov they issue a welfare ID card for free.

There you go a government issued ID.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A drivers license isn't even the issue.  You should be able to get a state ID card for free.

And if you can afford to operate a car, you can afford a drivers license.

If you get benefits from the .gov they issue a welfare ID card for free.

There you go a government issued ID.

Department of Corrections Parolee ID should work too, barring a felony.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
It would be wise to not have those conversations at work.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#13]
STDH...
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

In before HR complaint
View Quote
SPNI

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Well played
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

While busy in their righteous indignation and presenting poor Miss Daisy, who only has a baptism record and has been unduly disenfranchised, not only do they fail to mention that Miss Daisy needs an ID to buy smokes, liquor, board an aircraft, file for Section 8, apply for public aid or obtain a library card, they never mention that if she really is that destitute then the majority of states will waive the fees for a state ID card.

Oh, and the little thing about disenfranchising the poor no-ID crowd because of the requirement to present an ID when buying a firearm? Ask your local lib and watch them go hermantile trying to explain how requiring an ID for one right is okay, but not for another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A drivers license isn't even the issue.  You should be able to get a state ID card for free.

And if you can afford to operate a car, you can afford a drivers license.

While busy in their righteous indignation and presenting poor Miss Daisy, who only has a baptism record and has been unduly disenfranchised, not only do they fail to mention that Miss Daisy needs an ID to buy smokes, liquor, board an aircraft, file for Section 8, apply for public aid or obtain a library card, they never mention that if she really is that destitute then the majority of states will waive the fees for a state ID card.

Oh, and the little thing about disenfranchising the poor no-ID crowd because of the requirement to present an ID when buying a firearm? Ask your local lib and watch them go hermantile trying to explain how requiring an ID for one right is okay, but not for another.

As I mentioned I the OP, I've had to show ID to buy pipe cleaners, as they're considered tobacco products here. At an arts & crafts store.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would go her one better, and tell her that regardless of color, red, yellow, black, white, pink, green, you should have to some skin in the game before you get to exercise the privilege of voting.

By "skin" I mean that you are a net payer into the system, and not a net recipient.

W2, or 1099, showing net taxes paid, and proof of citizenship; step right up and punch your ballot.  Welfare, WIC, delinquent taxes, etc.; not this time around, sir.

Pipe dream, I know.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You should know that a Migraine is capable of many things including emulating stroke symptoms and appearing like a full on stroke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So first, somebackground.

My northeast state instituted a voter ID law a couple years back. For the first few years, it's very loose (you can use your electric bill currently, I think), but it eventually tightens to .gov issued picture ID only.

I currently work hospital security. When its busy, everybody's working their asses off. When its slow, everybody just kinda hangs around bullshitting, and last night it was SLOW. I'm talking one ER patient with a migraine slow. Who the fuck goes to the ER for a migraine, btw?

One of the gypsy nurses, from some liberal shithole, starts going on and on about how voter ID is racist, thisist, thatist, the usual bullshit. So I look very calmly at her and ask reasonably...

Me: Wait, how exactly is voter ID racist? Shit, I had to show ID to buy pipe cleaners because they're considered tobacco products.

Her: (condescending tone) Well, a lot of black people don't have driver's licenses.

Me: Really? Why not? DMV's got office right in town hall. And this state is tiny, you're almost never more than 10 miles from a branch!

Her: (sadly) See, most black people are socio-economically blah blah blah SJW bullshit, they just can't afford it.

Me: (incredulous) So you're telling me most black people are driving around without licenses?!

Her: (nodding) They do what they have to do.

I stop and consider this for a couple seconds, then...

Me: Well no wonder they're always getting pulled over then!

The whole nurses' station, male, female, black, white, fucking ERUPTS in laughter. Gypsy nurse turns red as a beat, announces she's taking her break, and starts marching righteously towards the lounge.

As she goes, I flip on this app on my phone that flashes like a light bar and plays various police sirens and hold it in her direction. Everybody is now losing their shit. One young CNA gasps, "I think I'm going pee myself". You can even hear the migraine guy laughing from his room.

I know CSB. But it was pretty fucking funny!

You should know that a Migraine is capable of many things including emulating stroke symptoms and appearing like a full on stroke.

Apparently he has never had a real migrane or he would already know the answer to the question
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top