Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/2/2015 11:38:37 AM EDT
Los Angeles Times

"The Honduran woman and her 11-year-old son were just preparing to leave the detention center in remote Karnes City, Texas, and rejoin family in Chicago, when officials sprang a surprise on her.

After spending two months at the facility, the woman faced a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent insisting she accept an electronic ankle monitor as a condition of her release.

"No, this is unjust. I don't want you to put it on," said the 32-year-old woman, who asked to be identified only by her first name, Nely, due to her pending immigration case.

The official, she recalled, told her: "We give you free food, free clothing, a place to sleep. So you just need to deal with it."

GPS ankle monitors are becoming standard equipment for immigration officials along the border. In July, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, used about 9,300 ankle monitors at a time — 40% more than about six months ago. They are run by a government contractor, BI Inc., a subsidiary of the country's second-largest prison company, which also operates immigration detention centers.

Officials say the monitors are a cheap and effective way to ensure that immigrants released from detention attend court hearings.

The monitors cost an average of $5 a day per person, according to an ICE spokesman, and are part of the agency's Alternatives to Detention program, which also may require immigrants to report by phone or in person. In contrast, detention costs an average of $130 per day per person, and can cost over $330 at some detention centers.

Immigrants, who call the monitors grilletes, or shackles, complain that they are uncomfortable, inconvenient and carry a stigma.

"They feel like a criminal," said Sister Norma Pimentel, who runs an immigrant aid center on the Texas border, in McAllen. "They say, 'How will I be able to work with that?' They pray they don't get it."

..."

ETA:

Several days ago, the LA Times had a big sob story about how bad conditions are in the detention centers. Today, they have this sob story about how bad ankle bracelets are.

The liberals are clearly making a big push to eliminate all detention and tracking of illegals.

They want illegals to be able to enter this country at will with no delays or inconveniences at the border.

The wood chipper is extreme, but no more extreme than the idea of getting rid of our borders and letting illegals cross at will.

My proposed alternative (with clear warning of the hazards of illegal entry):

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Your proposed solution is to put people through a wood chipper? Wtf is wrong with you OP?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Wood chipper seems a tad extreme.  

We should try insta-deportation first.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your proposed solution is to put people through a wood chipper? Wtf is wrong with you OP?
View Quote

Only illegals that invade the US.

They should be given clear warning.

Current methods are failing badly.

Can you suggest a better method of deterrence that actually works?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]
"Feel like criminals" lol.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Los Angeles Times

"The Honduran woman and her 11-year-old son were just preparing to leave the detention center in remote Karnes City, Texas, and rejoin family in Chicago, when officials sprang a surprise on her.

After spending two months at the facility, the woman faced a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent insisting she accept an electronic ankle monitor as a condition of her release.

"No, this is unjust. I don't want you to put it on," said the 32-year-old woman, who asked to be identified only by her first name, Nely, due to her pending immigration case.

The official, she recalled, told her: "We give you free food, free clothing, a place to sleep. So you just need to deal with it."

GPS ankle monitors are becoming standard equipment for immigration officials along the border. In July, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, used about 9,300 ankle monitors at a time — 40% more than about six months ago. They are run by a government contractor, BI Inc., a subsidiary of the country's second-largest prison company, which also operates immigration detention centers.

Officials say the monitors are a cheap and effective way to ensure that immigrants released from detention attend court hearings.

The monitors cost an average of $5 a day per person, according to an ICE spokesman, and are part of the agency's Alternatives to Detention program, which also may require immigrants to report by phone or in person. In contrast, detention costs an average of $130 per day per person, and can cost over $330 at some detention centers.

Immigrants, who call the monitors grilletes, or shackles, complain that they are uncomfortable, inconvenient and carry a stigma.

"They feel like a criminal," said Sister Norma Pimentel, who runs an immigrant aid center on the Texas border, in McAllen. "They say, 'How will I be able to work with that?' They pray they don't get it."

..."

My proposed alternative:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Europe_Chippers_1.jpg
View Quote

Dude.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Good. Work camps would be better. Lotsa trash on the highways.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Feel like criminals" lol.

View Quote

Nothing irks me worse than when beggars attempt to become choosers.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Certainly would cut down on the complaining. Would rather these folks try to blend in to the country first.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck them!

They are here illegally.  They should be glad that the .gov isn't paying a bounty of $500 per scalp.

They low ball our wages, and basically ride our coattails on the wages some of us have fought for and actually earned.

It really isn't much different than having some guy break into your house at dinner time and steal food off you and your family's table.

I know what I would do if some guy did that at my house.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They should pray to thank their god I'm not King.  
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking of a minefield of at least 250yds deep with multiple fences and a sniper team for those who get through the mine field.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I say launch them over the Rio Grande and hope that Mexico builds a net for them.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Oh the injustice!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

How does Brazil treat illegas? Do you give them food, housing, healthcare and stuff at tax payer expense? I bet not.

Fuck illegals.  Send them back, if caught again execution and dump the body back over the border.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fuck them!

They are here illegally.  They should be glad that the .gov isn't paying a bounty of $500 per scalp.

They low ball our wages, and basically ride our coattails on the wages some of us have fought for and actually earned.

It really isn't much different than having some guy break into your house at dinner time and steal food off you and your family's table.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them!

So you also support putting people in a wood chipper as a solution to illegal immigration?
Am I wrong, because that's exactly what it reads like.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I say launch them over the Rio Grande and hope that Mexico builds a net for them.

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/human-cannonball-750x501.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/human-cannonball-750x501.jpg

I would support that form of insta-deportation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fuck them!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them!

Um, interesting concept!!!  I'd wager that all the illegals could be rounded up and deported in a few months, problem solved!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How does Brazil treat illegas? Do you give them food, housing, healthcare and stuff at tax payer expense? I bet not.

Fuck illegals.  Send them back, if caught again execution and dump the body back over the border.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of shithole would you have to start off in to make illegally immigrating to Brazil seem like a step up?  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What kind of shithole would you have to start off in to make illegally immigrating to Brazil seem like a step up?  
View Quote

Haiti
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So you also support putting people in a wood chipper as a solution to illegal immigration?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them!

It is a bit extreme.  

Do you have a better solution?  Or should the US just give up on having borders and being a nation?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder what she would consider fair?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fuck them!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them!

TPNI
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I was thinking of a minefield of at least 250yds deep with multiple fences and a sniper team for those who get through the mine field.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those robot sentrys from the Aliens movie.

All those MRAP's the .gov brought back from Iraq and is in the process of bringing back from A-stan just to surplus to police departments, why aren't they on the border about 500 yards apart, with a Ma Deuce on each one?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

A McMansion , 100k per yr salary, Mercedes .
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  What does Iran, Nork, China, Russia, Mexico?  They don't except them with open arms and free health care.  So why the fuck should we?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No taxes.  Exemption from prosecution for non-violent crimes.

We obviously "owe" them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#28]
don't like it? leave
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We obviously "owe" them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We obviously "owe" them.

And the return of the southwest to Mexico .....it's only fair.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them!

I'll put it to you this way...I wouldn't be against it.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#31]
In Brazil if you overstay a visa the police will come looking for you, find you and you will be deported.
If you enter illegally you don't have documents and can't get the everyday services needed to live life and support a family.
Likewise in Canada, you can't get a bank account, health care through the system and more importantly, someone illegally living in Canada cannot enroll their children in school.

There are thousands of viable options to stop and discourage illegal immigration IF only the government chooses to do so.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Already here two months. Facing deportation. Two months is long enough, send them back now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#33]
"They say, 'How will I be able to work with that?'"
View Quote

Are you allowed to work if you're in the country illegally?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Um, interesting concept!!!  I'd wager that all the illegals could be rounded up and deported in a few months, problem solved!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them!

A guy I work with is really into trapping.  

A side effect of all these PETA people and the anti-fur campaign is the prices have fallen for pelts.

In turn, less trappers are so gung ho about trapping.

And following the path of unintended consequences, coyote populations sprung up...taking out the quail and diminishing the deer herds in addition to be so bold as to snatch family pets out of yards and attacking kids.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Of course they feel like criminals.  They are criminals.  They come to a new country and their first course of action is to immediately ignore the law for their own personal benefit and screw over the immigrants that are following the rules and doing it legit.  

Fuck that FSA piece of trash.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#36]
"they feel like a criminal"   maybe because they are a criminal.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
don't like it? leave
View Quote

I don't like it at all. I think what's being posted in this thread amounts to tongue-in-cheeck support for murderous extremism, and shouldn't be silently tolerated by any civilized persons.

Oh yea! And, I'm a born and raised US citizen, so, rather than "leave", I think I'll stay here and use my/our constitutionally protected ideals of free speech to stand in the path of this murderous and inhuman extremism.

Seems fair to me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Several days ago, the LA Times had a big sob story about how bad conditions are in the detention centers.  Today, they have this sob story about how bad ankle bracelets are.

The liberals are clearly making a big push to eliminate all detention and tracking of illegals.

They want illegals to be able to enter this country at will with no delays or inconveniences at the border.

The wood chipper is extreme, but no more extreme than the idea of getting rid of our borders and letting illegals cross at will.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't like it at all. I think what's being posted in this thread amounts to tongue-in-cheeck support for murderous extremism, and shouldn't be silently tolerated by any civilized persons.

Oh yea! And, I'm a born and raised US citizen, so, rather than "leave", I think I'll stay here and use my/our constitutionally protected ideals of free speech to stand in the path of this murderous and inhuman extremism.

Seems fair to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
don't like it? leave

Seems fair to me.

Sarcasm or are you just a twat?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Several days ago, the LA Times had a big sob story about how bad conditions are in the detention centers.  Today, they have this sob story about how bad ankle bracelets are.

View Quote

Perhaps we should consider electronic monitoring as a condition of private military grade weapons ownership? Then we can take it a little further and debate whether anyone who might want to privately own such a weapon should ultimately be considered Human...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Wear the bracket or back to wherever they came from.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
don't like it? leave

Seems fair to me.

Define 'twat'
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
don't like it? leave

Seems fair to me.

I'm going to go with the latter.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Wear the bracket or back to wherever they came from.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Perhaps we should consider electronic monitoring as a condition of private military grade weapons ownership? Then we can take it a little further and debate whether anyone who might want to privately own such a weapon should ultimately be considered Human...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Take your bleeding heart for illegal aliens and shove it, very few here give a damn about them.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are equating gun ownership with illegal immigration?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Seems fair to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
don't like it? leave

Seems fair to me.

Two words:   Juan Razo.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Take your bleeding heart for illegal aliens and shove it, very few here give a damn about them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am shoving it. Right back down the throats of the haters.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems pretty clear that I did, Humans being Humans and all.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top