Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:45:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Glasgow, certain parts of London, Liverpool, Birmingham, etc. Hell, drop it off on the motorway near a pikey encampment...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/hitchbot-destroyed-in-philadelphia-ending-u-s-tour-1.3177098?cmp=rss

A hitchhiking robot that captured the hearts of fans worldwide met its demise in the U.S.

The Canadian researchers who created hitchBOT as a social experiment say someone in Philadelphia damaged the robot beyond repair on Saturday, ending its brief American tour.

The robot was trying to travel cross-country after successfully hitchhiking across Canada last year and parts of Europe.

It set out from Marblehead, Massachusetts, two weeks ago in July with the goal of reaching San Francisco, but never made it off the East Coast.

The creators were sent an image of the vandalized robot but cannot track its location because the battery is dead.

They say they don't know who destroyed it or why. But co-creator Frauke Zeller says many children who adored the robot are now heartbroken.

Let's be honest; if the Robot had ended up in any of the shit parts of Europe without anyone looking after it the result would be the same.

Glasgow, certain parts of London, Liverpool, Birmingham, etc. Hell, drop it off on the motorway near a pikey encampment...

Robot Dag?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Killadelphia!

Was there doing a job about two years ago, two critters robbed and killed jewelry store owner three doors down on Rising Sun. If I remember correctly he got one before expiring, almost got picked up crossing the street for a piece of pizza, but i'm white, so they let me go, the black dude with me got taken downtown for getting shitty with the cops. But we were walking thru a murder scene, so I tried to quiet him down, we were in the wrong, if hungry.

Death? Philly? Meh, a man's gotta eat...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:54:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Killadelphia!

Was there doing a job about two years ago, two critters robbed and killed jewelry store owner three doors down on Rising Sun. If I remember correctly he got one before expiring, almost got picked up crossing the street for a piece of pizza, but i'm white, so they let me go, the black dude with me got taken downtown for getting shitty with the cops. But we were walking thru a murder scene, so I tried to quiet him down, we were in the wrong, if hungry.

View Quote

Shut up
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:56:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Shut up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Killadelphia!

Shut up

Pretty strong words from a JDPC
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:04:48 AM EDT
[#5]
How would it have done in Detroit, Chicago or Watts in LA?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Robot was not a brutha. Therefore, Brutherly love does not compute.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#7]
They probably stole the batteries out of it to throw at someone.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:22:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Robot is gay.   Good job Philadelphia.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Note to Canada, robot must be struck by lightning first in order to gain citizenship in America.

#5alivematters
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:02:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Robot is gay.   Good job Philadelphia.
View Quote
Did it blow its way across Europe?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Should a dropped it off at a Walmart...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Should a dropped it off at a Walmart...
View Quote
Then we would have a meth addicted robot on our hands.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Yep.........had to have been a redneck.......yep.  I can think of no other explanation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#15]
If they had painted hitchbot a darker color, then no one would care he was destroyed, unless a white guy did the deed, then the justice department would be investigating for a possible hate crime!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:31:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I bet some big-mahoff was paying big money for dem lectrick battrees.

Hear dey fount it in a colbert over by where the Eggles play all broke-up an shit.

They should send it over to the CHOP and see if day coont fit it.

Go Flyers, Fuck Canada and der fucking robot too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Probably mistaken for an IED, good riddens
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I love how all those Canadians think that rednecks are some sort of huge problem in the US.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I love how all those Canadians think that rednecks are some sort of huge problem in the US.
View Quote

Well, there is that whole "Confederate Flag Is Killing People" thing.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

As previously stated CBC comments are completely full of rabid commies. Liberal delusion syndrome is in full effect there. It's virtually impossible to find a set of comments that doesn't end up blaming Harper for eating babies or something, even if the article is completely unrelated to politics.

Tragically these people are set to form the government in a few months.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've noticed a lot of people have this distorted view of America. I wonder if it's from pop culture or sensationalism in the media.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#23]
It never would have made it through DC anyway.

They would have found it up on cinderblocks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Philadelphia, come for the bell....stay for the crack.
View Quote

Good one!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/hitchbot-destroyed-in-philadelphia-ending-u-s-tour-1.3177098?cmp=rss

A hitchhiking robot that captured the hearts of fans worldwide met its demise in the U.S.

The Canadian researchers who created hitchBOT as a social experiment say someone in Philadelphia damaged the robot beyond repair on Saturday, ending its brief American tour.

The robot was trying to travel cross-country after successfully hitchhiking across Canada last year and parts of Europe.

It set out from Marblehead, Massachusetts, two weeks ago in July with the goal of reaching San Francisco, but never made it off the East Coast.

The creators were sent an image of the vandalized robot but cannot track its location because the battery is dead.

They say they don't know who destroyed it or why. But co-creator Frauke Zeller says many children who adored the robot are now heartbroken.
View Quote

View Quote

I guess now they know why regular people avoid Philly.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuck Canada, fuck their robot.  Fuck everyone.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Knock out game. hitchbot is all white privilege.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've noticed a lot of people have this distorted view of America. I wonder if it's from pop culture or sensationalism in the media.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liberal media bias. And DOJ-CRS stats showing domestic terrorism (i.e. rednecks) are the ones you have to watch out for. Throw in SPLC and it's magic.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

It never would have made it through DC anyway.

They would have found it up on cinderblocks.
View Quote

I honestly don't think it would've made it through most major US cities.  Remember the mooninites bomb scare?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Philadelphia, City of brotherly love.

Brotherly love, NOT robot love.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#31]
What asshole dropped it off in Philly?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:55:06 AM EDT
[#32]

I bet the robots final ride was driving through Philly, telling the robot "I really don't think I should drop you off here, lets go a little outside of this neighborhood", and the robot was angrily responding "Don't be ridiculous- I can't believe what you're implying about this section of town!"
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Its not like the area the robot got destroyed in is a bad part of town.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#35]

That isnt a robot that is a pile of shit. I hope someone tossed it in the trash.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just about every part of Philly is a bad part of town. Some are just worse than others. I grew up in the Mayfair area of the city. It has turned to shit jus like the rest of the city.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Must have been wearing a Redskins shirt.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Welcome to Philly, pal!

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Carnac
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#40]
#5 was alive
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That isnt a robot that is a pile of shit. I hope someone tossed it in the trash.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No kidding.

Looks like something my kids would have thrown together in grade school.  5 gallon bucket and some foam pool toys for legs and arms.  

Amateurish pile of crap.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
ooga booga
View Quote
Ooga booga, indeed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#43]
If it wasn't Philly, it would have been Baltimore.

Too bad.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No kidding.

Looks like something my kids would have thrown together in grade school.  5 gallon bucket and some foam pool toys for legs and arms.  

Amateurish pile of crap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.

Amateurish pile of crap.

I was just thinking that. It has pipe insulation for legs, FFS. Of course it got fucked up. Fuckin trash can lid for a hat, fuck outta here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I was just thinking that. It has pipe insulation for legs, FFS. Of course it got fucked up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding.

Amateurish pile of crap.

I was just thinking that. It has pipe insulation for legs, FFS. Of course it got fucked up.
Some good citizen probably tossed that hunk of shit eyesore in a dumpster .

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just about every part of Philly is a bad part of town. Some are just worse than others. I grew up in the Mayfair area of the city. It has turned to shit jus like the rest of the city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That explains a lot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.

Amateurish pile of crap.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#48]
The teens got him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#49]

it should of had several power supplies and a 30 day beacon, I would guess it was heavily damaged and stripped for parts
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Commenters are idiots talking about gun toting rednecks, etc....  I think we should send some of the commenters on a field trip to Philly and see if they end up like the robot.
View Quote

Yeah, I browsed the comments and most are pretty poor, using this incident to bash as many things as they can about America.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top