User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:43:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Isn't hunting, pretty much about man v nature? They are not designed to be easy... which is why remotely deployed, electronic devices are used to make your life easier... yes? I get that man has the advantage. I get that this is a nuisance animal. I don't get the part where one uses electronic means to lure the animal to a kill-zone or within range of a rifle.

For the record.. I can't figure out why feeding deer all year, and then killing them in the same spot is cool, also. I just don't have *that* in me, less than a survival situation.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The rifle/weapon you use isn't as important as the technique and calling method. I highly suggest Foxpro. I've used mine to call in and kill a ton of coyotes and bobcats. It's probably my favorite thing in the world to do.

Also, once you put one down, don't stand up or start making noises. Keep working the call. You'd be surprised how many times more will come in, especially if you're using a suppressor or crossbow/bow. Double and triples are so awesome.

Let's be honest, you are not hunting.

You are just killing.

Yeah, it's easy to just spot and stalk yotes. And they just need killing.

Isn't hunting, pretty much about man v nature? They are not designed to be easy... which is why remotely deployed, electronic devices are used to make your life easier... yes? I get that man has the advantage. I get that this is a nuisance animal. I don't get the part where one uses electronic means to lure the animal to a kill-zone or within range of a rifle.

For the record.. I can't figure out why feeding deer all year, and then killing them in the same spot is cool, also. I just don't have *that* in me, less than a survival situation.

The thread was about coyote killing. Nobody really cares about your feels on the subject.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:43:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:I get that this is a nuisance animal.
View Quote

Do you cry when you kill a spider in your house? Or when a mouse is caught in a trap under the cupboard?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:44:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The rifle/weapon you use isn't as important as the technique and calling method. I highly suggest Foxpro. I've used mine to call in and kill a ton of coyotes and bobcats. It's probably my favorite thing in the world to do.

Also, once you put one down, don't stand up or start making noises. Keep working the call. You'd be surprised how many times more will come in, especially if you're using a suppressor or crossbow/bow. Double and triples are so awesome.

You are just killing.

Yeah, it's easy to just spot and stalk yotes. And they just need killing.

For the record, my hand/mouth calls have been way deadlier than electronic calls over the years.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:44:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do you cry when you kill a spider in your house? Or when a mouse is caught in a trap under the cupboard?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

DON'T KILL THAT MOSQUITO
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:45:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

DON'T KILL THAT MOSQUITO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DON'T KILL THAT MOSQUITO

Which one? Chuck the Mosquito, or Andy the Mosquito?

Oh shit they have names!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:47:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You are just killing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are just killing.

You want to know how I know you've never hunted coyotes?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:49:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What are these "seasons" you speak of? Yotes can be taken at any time of the day or night, on any day of the year here.
View Quote

Well, around here when the temps get up to 115 in the summer, you don't see many (if any).
They head up into the mountains to stay cooler, follow their food, and find water, and that time also coincides with the annual no shooting on forest land due to fire restrictions.
Yeah, you can shoot them year round, IF you can find them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:50:13 AM EDT
[#8]
You can't get much better than this with shot placement using a 17HMR:

If they're not looking at me then I aim between the eye and the ear (gray spot):

And for those who think shotguns are only for birds:

But the ol  6.8 works great also:

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:50:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would it make you feel better if someone were to use traps and then dispatch them from 10' instead of using calls and shooting them at rifle ranges?

Traps work 24/7 and save a lot of sleepless nights in the woods.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:50:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh shit they have names!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DON'T KILL THAT MOSQUITO

Oh shit they have names!

This looks like the start of a dog-pile. How, oh how, will I ever survive this?

I have a decade and change of GD. Do your worst  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:52:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are just killing.

Not really. Reading comprehension is my first guess - since we are on page two.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:53:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DON'T KILL THAT MOSQUITO

Oh shit they have names!

So why did this thread make you decide to be a troll?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:53:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DON'T KILL THAT MOSQUITO

Oh shit they have names!

I'd like to invite you calling with me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:55:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Would it make you feel better if someone were to use traps and then dispatch them from 10' instead of using calls and shooting them at rifle ranges?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah - you have a point there... trapped, would be the worst thing to happen to me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:59:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I used to trap back around 1980 or so up around Silver City NM.
Good way to make beer money.
Wish I had kept a couple stretchers.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:06:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah - you have a point there... trapped, would be the worst thing to happen to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you record yourself crying into your pillow while you think of all those poor coyotes being shot and trapped? If you send me the recording I promise I'll play it in my Fox Pro!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:06:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
-SNIP-

DON'T KILL THAT MOSQUITO

Oh shit they have names!

I have to take offense.

Only my opinion has been offered. I don't believe I have personally insulted anyone, nor do I feel that I have made any statements which were intended to provoke a certain reaction.

This thread is GD material... do you see me in the hunting forum complaining about hunting? You do not.

I don't like something that you like...  life will go on and you will be OK..
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll expand on this a little bit. ....

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You can't get much better than this with shot placement using a 17HMR:

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/221/hmryoteright.jpg

If they're not looking at you then aim between the eye and the ear (gray spot):

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/42/p1010099h.jpg
View Quote

That is impressive! You have to hunt with a .17 HMR to appreciate how significant that kill is. I killed a coyote male a month ago that was (believe it or not) fighting my dogs through the back yard fence. I shot it with a .17 HMR, about 60 yards away. It was pure luck, I hit it in the spine and was able to get closer to kill it. My .243 was in the safe or I'd have used it.

The .17 HMR is pretty much a magnum pellet rifle. So I say damn good shoot!

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:09:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I used to trap back around 1980 or so up around Silver City NM.
Good way to make beer money.
Wish I had kept a couple stretchers.
View Quote

I've never trapped to make money. I did however catch a nuisance raccoon last week, that was eating chickens at the In-laws. Shot it's buddy a couple of hours later.

Good times. There's a pic in the trapping sub forum.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:12:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
--second snip--

DON'T KILL THAT MOSQUITO

Oh shit they have names!

Will there be beer?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:13:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/glodowskikj/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150104_174333_zps1485df2e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w574/glodowskikj/Mobile%20Uploads/20150104_174333_zps1485df2e.jpg</a>
View Quote

Very Nice!

Cat's are prettier but damn they are dumb (compared to yotes):

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:15:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll add another fur bearer..dont think I have any others on the net  right now....

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:16:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Very Nice!

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/709/p1010042d.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/glodowskikj/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150104_174333_zps1485df2e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w574/glodowskikj/Mobile%20Uploads/20150104_174333_zps1485df2e.jpg</a>

Very Nice!

Bad kill. The cat was wearing headphones and could't hear you approaching
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:18:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Very Nice!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very Nice!

I believe I remember you from a certain site that betrayed me. How's that #1 buckshot working?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:20:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Around here, cats are what's worth trapping.
A good clean pelt will bring $400-650!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:20:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Only my opinion has been offered. I don't believe I have personally insulted anyone, nor do I feel that I have made any statements which were intended to provoke a certain reaction.

View Quote

When you start regurgitating PETA approved statements like "that's not hunting, that's killing," or "that technique is too easy", most people will infer accusations of "cowardly" or "unethical."

Coyotes are cowards. I've seen them eat the ass out of a cow and leave it to die slowly in the field so they can come back the next day and eat some more. I've seen what they do to livestock and family pets. They are a scourge, and are one of the few creatures that deserve to be extinct.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:28:13 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm sure you're trying to mock me, but I'm always willing to educate rather than argue.
@ Badseed
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

When you start regurgitating PETA approved statements like "that's not hunting, that's killing," or "that technique is too easy", most people will infer accusations of "cowardly" or "unethical."

Coyotes are cowards. I've seen them eat the ass out of a cow and leave it to die slowly in the field so they can come back the next day and eat some more. I've seen what they do to livestock and family pets. They are a scourge, and are one of the few creatures that deserve to be extinct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, honestly - I don't know what peta says, nor do I care.

I know that the coyotes are nuisance animals. I gave my dad a spare 6920, because they are getting bolder in the NW of Ohio - and beginning to eye the horse farm.

OP offered me a stint to watch him call... I may. (He hasn't answered on the beer yet...).

I don't like needless killing... but, sometimes things need killing. I got it, and I'm willing to take a look.

Don't get your ** panties in a twist, like some PETA chick. ok?

EDIT for removal of profanity

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:42:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm sure you're trying to mock me, but I'm always willing to educate rather than argue.
@ Badseed
View Quote

I am not mocking you. IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:04:28 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Stop. I can only get so hard.

That is pure fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

yeah its a kick ass setup.  Get em to within 300 yards of me, and its game over.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I love to blast them.  On the level of a rodent to me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You're right. I might have to stick with my .243. Loading a 65 grain vmax at 3600 fps. It's way faster than my 30-06. It has a tendency to stop coyotes awfully fast.
View Quote

You ever want assistance, feel free to message me.  

Depending on how much assistance you need, I have a bunch of coworkers that would love to join.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#35]

On the average it takes me 20 stands before I get a crack at a coyote in the thick woods around here.

ETA. It might be a different story this year.I finally broke down and bought an TNV/PVS14 and an DBAL A3.

I will also own the night.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I love to blast them.  On the level of a rodent to me.
View Quote

Yep fuck coyotes
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fox pro ftw.
View Quote

Built my own for the win

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Have night vision, suppressed SBR and will travel

Have no friends with land out here/ a coyote problem
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I like to hunt the coyotes.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:43:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I like to hunt the coyotes.

<a href="http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/GreybullPrecision/media/DSC_0363_zps61c6945c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/DSC_0363_zps61c6945c.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/GreybullPrecision/media/f70b1b9e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/f70b1b9e.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/GreybullPrecision/media/AdamScottJohn6coyotes.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/AdamScottJohn6coyotes.jpg</a>
View Quote

Excellent pictures and rifles! I thought this post died last night.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top