Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2015 8:22:51 PM EDT
picked up a 2-7x28 for my American Rimfire last month, finally got around to zeroing it this afternoon

this sucker shoots at 50yds, while I wasn't touching all were inside 1in

my only gripe with the rifle is that the bolt is a little rough to work at times

pic of rifle, without scope

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have the magnum version and picked up a Nikon 3-9 Target EFR  for it.  She is a tack driver at 50 yards and dam good at 100.

I agree on the bolt, but I believe it will improve after a few hundred rounds
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I have the magnum version and picked up a Nikon 3-9 Target EFR  for it.  She is a tack driver at 50 yards and dam good at 100.

I agree on the bolt, but I believe it will improve after a few hundred rounds
View Quote

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger so to speak on one in .17HMR, I have a spare Redfield 3-9x40 that isn't on anything and already own a Ruger Single Six .17HMR so its not like I don't already have a .17
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Believe it or not, I cured a sticky bolt action by lathering it with tooth paste and working the bolt while I watched TV.
It's smooth as glass now.  Of course you need to clean it very well after.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#4]
We picked up a carbine version and put a Williams receiver peep sight on it.  It likes Eley club and will put them all touching at 50 yards with that ammo.  I've been very impressed with the rifle!  I want to get another one for a scope (the threaded version for a (hopefully) forthcoming suppressor.

Ruger did good with this one!

Gus
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the same scope on my 10/22. Perfect for a .22

Nvrmnd. I have a Nikon 2-7 p22. That is the perfect .22 scope.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice gun and great scope.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a pair of 10/22 carbines and a shit load of magazines for them (thanks CDNN sales!).  Of course since the American Rimfire in .22LR uses the same magazine, logically I must purchase one.  That's my story at least, "Look honey, this rifle uses the same magazines as these rifles so I don't need to buy any more magazines.  It's a bargain!"
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking gun, have always had good luck with Ruger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top