Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2015 7:16:37 PM EDT
I know--so 2005.
Want one

Best place to get one so bright  that it will give me testicular cancer ?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
In for info...I love those thing's....
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Bang good.com?  Ever since I was talked into getting some cheap flashlights from them, all my browsed we page add space is full of them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Hit up candle power forums.  There some dudes who sling those over there, or you can find the vials and make your own.  If you use them, make sure to drop the coin on the uv optical adhesive that dries under uv.  It dries clear, all epoxy yellow with age.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
How much ya wanna spend op???

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?403447-6-shooter-little-monster-titanium-and-tritium-creations

Not sure if I'm allowed to hotlink that.

Or you could go with something like this

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?400323-Merkava-TEC-T3-S3-A3-amp-A3-Cerakote-Tritium-Fobs-and-Tritium-Upgrade-Capsules
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I want a betalight.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Bad link.

Fix it, Im interested.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bad link.

Fix it, Im interested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bad link.

Fix it, Im interested.

Sry, fixed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?403447-6-shooter-little-monster-titanium-and-tritium-creations

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?400323-Merkava-TEC-T3-S3-A3-amp-A3-Cerakote-Tritium-Fobs-and-Tritium-Upgrade-Capsules
View Quote
Thanks

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#11]

I don't know what that is.

Googling

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#12]
My radiation safety officer gets visibly nauseous when i talk about bringing one of those things to work.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]

I have two of them but I have never been that impressed with them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#14]
How the fuck does one buy one of those? The beta light website doesn't give me any options to give them my hard earned money.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I imagine they aren't exactly bright.  Neat for what it is though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked for them for a long time and I guess I just expected too much from them. They are cool conversation pieces though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How the fuck does one buy one of those? The beta light website doesn't give me any options to give them my hard earned money.
View Quote

Yeah I guess due to tritium being radioactive our laws are pretty strict on how it is sold. I haven't dealt with buying tritium for a few years so I really don't remember what the laws are anymore though.

But if you need any tritium follow the links I posted above and search that forum a little bit and you will probably find what you seek.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought some tritium lamps (4mm x 25mm) a couple years ago from CPF user merkava.  They are awesome.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought some tritium lamps (4mm x 25mm) a couple years ago from CPF user merkava.  They are awesome.
View Quote

I have a couple tritium key fobs from Merkava, they've held up good over the years.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My radiation safety officer gets visibly nauseous when i talk about bringing one of those things to work.
View Quote

What, does he say it isn't a good idea carrying it against your body a few inches from the family jewels?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What, does he say it isn't a good idea carrying it against your body a few inches from the family jewels?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always wanted one.. just don't know if it's a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have night sights on your carry gun?

From what I read a few years ago the tritium vials are really safe. You just don't want to breathe in the gas if you break a vial.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Beta doesn't penetrate the glass (from the inside). I seriously doubt I could even detect the presence of the tritium with the (crappy, old, but functional) geiger counters I have access to.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I have a couple tritium key fobs from Merkava, they've held up good over the years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I concur; have bought many from him the past few years. The are pretty nice and come assembled with the tritium.

They are shipped from Singapore in a sealed up instant coffee packet of some sort. First time I got one I was like I've been ripped off and almost tossed it out.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#25]

More info?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

From what I read a few years ago the tritium vials are really safe. You just don't want to breathe in the gas if you break a vial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I do.  It usually just sits in the truck but that is a good point. They can't be to easy to break...
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

More info?
View All Quotes

http://www.betalight.nl/en/outdoor-tactical/torch.html

It took me a long time to find the couple that I have.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes I do.  It usually just sits in the truck but that is a good point. They can't be to easy to break...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back when I was buying and customizing high end flashlights I broke a few vials and I'm still alive.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Back when I was buying and customizing high end flashlights I broke a few vials and I'm still alive
View Quote

That's good haha. Off to find one..
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#31]

I want to order some of those yellow disks of uranium, stick it in a lead box labeled yellow cake uranium, and in the radiation warning put "Will strip the paint off your house and give you a permanent orange afro".

ETA: Awe they used to sell pressed disks of uranium ore that had a yellow color.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thanks  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks  

No problem. If you decide to get one let us know what you decided on. You have me thinking about buying another one. I had a pretty cool one that I gave to a friend that helped me move a couple of years ago. He was fascinated by the thing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

don't know why.  Tritium is a beta emitter, and beta is only a risk if you ingest an emitter of it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Your radiation safety officer is an imbecile. The beta radiation from H3, tritium, is so weak, it can't escape the glass capsule it's in.

Beyond that the low energy beta radiation can only travel about 2 feet in the air. Up close, a piece of paper will stop the beta radiation completely.

It is so low energy, it's difficult to detect without special equipment.

Your 'radiation safety officer' should know that. Tape one of the glow capsules to the underside of his chair, and then show it to him months later.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
No problem. If you decide to get one let us know what you decided on. You have me thinking about buying another one. I had a pretty cool one that I gave to a friend that helped me move a couple of years ago. He was fascinated by the thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks  

Doing budget for month now.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#36]

I used to have one back in the day...good kit...so so for map reading
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top