Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 7/31/2015 11:31:01 PM EDT
One thing that has always stood out to me is the fact that despite hundreds of thousands of years of the modern Human Being, we only have about 6,500 years of Written Human History.

In other words, the oldest recorded and dated writings we have only go back to about 4,500 BC (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recorded_history )

The Rise of Civilization also starts to occur within that time frame.  (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_world )

Furthermore, we can see that the human population only starts to really increase around 4,000 BC: (source: University of Miami: )

What is also interesting is many calendars of the world only account for around 6,000 years.  The Hebrew Calendar, for example - is currently on year 5,775.

We are also still finding soft tissue in '75,000,000' million year old Dinosaurs, even as recent as last month (source: http://www.history.com/news/scientists-find-soft-tissue-in-75-million-year-old-dinosaur-bones )

There are several other interesting facts that I have read about lately that point to the beginning of everything being less than 10,000 years old.  Now, I am NOT a Creatonist, I am more motivated by the fact that I just can't digest Darwinian Evolution and the accepted scientific age of our universe.  I have seen too many evolutionary and biological scientists get caught in their own lies, and if you believe for a second that the scientific community as a whole is not extremely corrupt and broken then you have some research to do.  Working in that field for a few years will turn you off and motivate you to start seeking your own truths. Within this community, many have concluded that the Evolutionary Theory is dying, and that it is scientifically impossible - and many great Scientists have lost their jobs for choosing not to subscribe to this theory any more.  The problem is, there is no acceptable, viable alternative.

I just can't buy that Modern Humans have been around for some 200,000 years (that number keeps getting larger, by the way), and the human being has been around for much, much, longer - yet we only have a few thousand years of recorded history?

So my question is WHY do all of these undisputed, widely agreed upon, historical facts - all line up with the Biblical account of the beginning and human history?  Is it just a coincidence?

I am fulfilling my scientific obligation to continue to ask questions, as should you.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
And awaaaay we go

inininin
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
That chart only goes back to 8,787.  I think that's when it all started.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And awaaaay we go

inininin
View Quote

In for the show.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
So, you don't think written language had to be invented at some point?  Is that what you're saying?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to mention erosion. There could not be mountains if millions of years of evolution really happened.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The answer to OP's question is unknowable.  But one thing is for sure, people now days are just as stupid as the cave men!  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
What qualms do you have with radiometric and helioseismic dating?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
If you are going to start a thread like this at least post some facts.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Look around and tell me how much you know about native americans?  How much of a mark did they leave.  They lived very primitive lives and that didn't change a lot until about 150 years ago.  Early cultures were much the same.  Shit, look at most of Africa.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Working in that field for a few years
View Quote

Go on...
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One thing that has always stood out to me is the fact that despite hundreds of thousands of years of the modern Human, we only have about 6,500 years of Written Human History.

In other words, the oldest recorded and dated writings we have only go back to about 4,500 BC (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recorded_history )

The Rise of Civilization also starts to occur within that time frame.  (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_world )

Furthermore, we can see that the human population only starts to really increase around 4,000 BC: (source: University of Miami: http://www.bio.miami.edu/dana/pix/humanpopgrowth.gif )

What is also interesting is many calendars of the world only account for around 6,000 years.  The Hebrew Calendar, for example - is currently on year 5,775.

We are also still finding soft tissue in '75,000,000' million year old Dinosaurs, even as recent as last month (source: http://www.history.com/news/scientists-find-soft-tissue-in-75-million-year-old-dinosaur-bones )

There are several other interesting facts that I have read about lately that point to the beginning of everything being less than 10,000 years old.  Now, I am NOT a Creatonist, I am more motivated by the fact that I just can't digest Darwinian Evolution and the accepted scientific age of our universe.  I have seen too many evolutionary and biological scientists get caught in their own lies, and if you believe for a second that the scientific community as a whole is not extremely corrupt and broken then you have some research to do.  Working in that field for a few years will turn you off and motivate you to start seeking your own truths.

I just can't buy that Modern Humans have been around for some 200,000 years (that number keeps getting larger, by the way), and the human being has been around for much, much, longer - yet we only have a few thousand years of recorded history?

I am fulfilling my scientific obligation to continue to ask questions, as should you.

Thoughts?
View Quote

My thoughts:

Some uncontacted native populations still do not have written languages. If they were to die, there would be no recorded history of them, yet, they do exist.

As an experiment, I propose we take some number of human infants straight from the womb, strand them alone on an island (while somehow nurturing them to adulthood) and see how long it takes them to develop writing. I'd wager it would be a good long while.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not to mention erosion. There could not be mountains if millions of years of evolution really happened.
View Quote

Volcanoes and tectonics are a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Look around and tell me how much you know about native americans?  How much of a mark did they leave.  They lived very primitive lives and that didn't change a lot until about 150 years ago.  Early cultures were much the same.  Shit, look at most of Africa.
View Quote

racist, therefore false
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you are going to start a thread like this at least post some facts.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=54554
View Quote

Cockpockalypse post
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh THAT settles it...you can't be a real person and say something that stupid.  You're a bot created by someone who dislikes Creationists and wants to make them look bad.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Actually the generally accepted answer is pretty simple.  

If you are primitive enough to be wearing a loin cloth you are probably pretty busy busting your ass trying to eat.  If you are that primitive there is a really pretty limited purpose in recording anything.  If I busy killing (and occasionally screwing) wild goats, why would I want to record that for someone two generations from now?  The concept that information is valuable is a really, really new idea.  In reality it has a lot more to do with transfer of property than anything else.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Read the Book of Genesis. Look where it states that God gave domain of all the earth, land, water, etc to humans. You'll find your answer there. God gave humans and only humans the gift of creativity. No other creature can create. Thus we constantly look for answers and try to solve the puzzle of who and what we are and why. We have evolved as Humans because of that. One creation leads to the next, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#19]
In before Fatal Error loving.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 EDT
[#20]
There is only a few thousand years of recorded history THAT WE KNOW OF.

I, for one, believe there is a lot more that we don't know than we do know.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That dude is legit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
One thing that has always stood out to me is the fact that despite hundreds of thousands of years of the modern Human Being, we only have about 6,500 years of Written Human History.

Furthermore, we can see that the human population only starts to really increase around 4,000 BC: (source: University of Miami: http://www.bio.miami.edu/dana/pix/humanpopgrowth.gif )

There are several other interesting facts that I have read about lately that point to the beginning of everything being less than 10,000 years old.  Now, I am NOT a Creatonist, I am more motivated by the fact that I just can't digest Darwinian Evolution and the accepted scientific age of our universe.  I have seen too many evolutionary and biological scientists get caught in their own lies, and if you believe for a second that the scientific community as a whole is not extremely corrupt and broken then you have some research to do.  Working in that field for a few years will turn you off and motivate you to start seeking your own truths. Within this community, many have concluded that the Evolutionary Theory is dying, and that it is scientifically impossible - and many great Scientists have lost their jobs for choosing not to subscribe to this theory any more.  The problem is, there is no acceptable, viable alternative.

So my question is WHY do all of these undisputed, widely agreed upon, historical facts - all line up with the Biblical account of the beginning and human history?  Is it just a coincidence?

Thoughts?
View Quote

Op, you approach this topic with ignorance and bias.  You stated that the reason and basis for your opinion is that you can't digest evolution...I believe you. It is because you don't understand evolution or the universe that you don't accept reality.  You mention vague assertions that evolution is no longer accepted...really lol really.  Seriously I rofled at that. Every bit of evidence in every field of science that relates to evolution has supported evolution.  In science we change our understanding of the world based on evidence.  If evidence was found that could disprove evolution that would be great because we would be one step closer to the truth.  But the reality is that all of the related evidence points to evolution and there is so much evidence that evolution is a scientific theory. Like the scientific theory of gravity or the theory that the earth circles the son. I know even though you see the sun rise and fall it is the earth that is moving in relation to the sun crazy right?

You make vague assertions about evolutionary scientists being caught in lies.. Really cite to some documentation to support that.

Your ignorance drives you to jump to crazy and simplistic unsupported conclusions.

Reality is not a matter of opinion if everyone in the world stopped "believing" in gravity.  Gravity would still exist and if you jumped off a high enough building without some piece of technology to save your ass you would still go splat even if everyone in the world thought gravity was fake.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Op, you approach this topic with ignorance and bias.  You stated that the reason and basis for your opinion is that you can't digest evolution...I believe you. It is because you don't understand evolution or the universe that you don't accept reality.  You mention vague assertions that evolution is no longer accepted...really lol really.  Seriously I rofled at that. Every bit of evidence in every field of science that relates to evolution has supported evolution.  In science we change our understanding of the world based on evidence.  If evidence was found that could disprove evolution that would be great because we would be one step closer to the truth.  But the reality is that all of the related evidence points to evolution and there is so much evidence that evolution is a scientific theory. Like the scientific theory of gravity or the theory that the earth circles the son. I know even though you see the sun rise and fall it is the earth that is moving in relation to the sun crazy right?

You make vague assertions about evolutionary scientists being caught in lies.. Really cite to some documentation to support that.

Your ignorance drives you to jump to crazy and simplistic unsupported conclusions.

Reality is not a matter of opinion if everyone in the world stopped "believing" in gravity.  Gravity would still exist and if you jumped off a high enough building without some piece of technology to save your ass you would still go splat even if everyone in the world thought gravity was fake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

Sources?  How about Colombia University?  http://www.columbia.edu/cu/genie/pdf/CorruptedScience.pdf

Enjoy.

BTW, Gravity is just a 'Theory', by the way, whether you believe it or not.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That dude is legit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That dude is legit.

Very knowledgeable and even more persistent. I totally disagree with him BTW. Regardless he will be here for tender loving the OP.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:13:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't see it as one vs the other.  I am a Christian.  I believe the basic tenants of evolution.

I just don't believe it is totally 100% random.  God set up the laws of the universe, and nudges things along within that framework.  Chromosomes, genes, DNA, mitosis, meiosis, those are all the tools he uses.    He knows every sparrow that falls from it's nest.  He knows every hair on your head.  He knows every chromosome and every gene in your cells.  He knows which sperm will swim the fastest.  He knows whenever a 'random' ray of background cosmic radiation smacks into a string of DNA and a new mutation is formed which may or may not be passed down to future generations.

Similarly, God set forth the plate tectonics, volcanoes, and erosion to craft the world.

The Garden of Eden story is an allegory, not to be taken literally.  The 'days' one reads about in Genesis are not literal 24 hour days either.  You cannot calculate the earth's age by adding the lifespans of the patriarchs from Adam to Abraham.  The earth is billions of years old not thousands.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:24:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh THAT settles it...you can't be a real person and say something that stupid.  You're a bot created by someone who dislikes Creationists and wants to make them look bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me guess, you have ALL THE FACTS to disprove what I said, but can't be bothered to post them?

Why not explain why the oldest tree that has been measured, is only a few years different than the date given for the end of the flood?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:28:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thoughts?
View Quote

You need to get some, you apparently ran out just before you started this post.  And those appear pretty skewed.

Well since Wiki appears to be your Knowledge Source of record.  It shows Chinese history before the alleged Biblical Genesis events.  How could that happen??  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_China#Neolithic
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#28]
If humans evolved from monkeys, then why do we still have monkeys?

Checkmate.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should just admit that you haven't a clue about geology.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Let me guess, you have ALL THE FACTS to disprove what I said, but can't be bothered to post them?

Why not explain why the oldest tree that has been measured, is only a few years different than the date given for the end of the flood?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you believe that every living species on Earth was loaded onto a primitive ship to survive a global flood?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#31]
A "lol" is in order
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Op, I told you gravity is a theory... And that is the point... evolution is a theory just like gravity because evolution is that well supported just like gravity.  The word theory in science is a term of art it doesn't mean what you think it means.  A theory in science is more powerful than a fact in that it is a unifying explanation that is supported by lots of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed.    It s not a hunch it s not a guess it s not something someone pulled out of their ass and tried to hang their hat on.

So you post a link that amounts to a book report.  Logical fallacy appeal to authority much?

Are scientists hired by coca cola to prove sugar is good for you corrupt?  Of course but if you look at where their funding is coming from and the fact that they come their bias is obvious.

Do priests rape little boys?  Some of them do is that typical? Okay maybe but in the case of science other scientists in the field are trying to prove you wrong (at least on significant things like I dunno evolution).
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:37:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm Christian and believe the Biblical account of the history of Earth.

I'm also a Biology major and have a pretty good understanding of what non-Creationists believe.

If you want both sides of the argument, evolutionists believe that a lot of the mountains you see today (ie the Smokies, which is where I live) are actually the end result of a ton of erosion. That is, the mountain tops you see today were actually the bottoms of valleys back a gazillion years ago, and due to erosion and other natural processes, they have worn down to appear as the tops of mountains now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm also a Biology major and have a pretty good understanding of what non-Creationists believe.

If you want both sides of the argument, evolutionists believe that a lot of the mountains you see today (ie the Smokies, which is where I live) are actually the end result of a ton of erosion. That is, the mountain tops you see today were actually the bottoms of valleys back a gazillion years ago, and due to erosion and other natural processes, they have worn down to appear as the tops of mountains now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Ancient Astronaut theory explains everything.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://cdn.evbuc.com/images/350016/33223835195/1/logo.jpg
View Quote

I have a theory that every picture or video clip of him was taken upside down.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Perhaps God created evolution.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cdn.evbuc.com/images/350016/33223835195/1/logo.jpg

Sounds reasonable.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#39]
I am  a creationist that believes His God is eternal and created all things. I also believe that by our understanding of time it is all very very old. The bible speaks of an earth before this one that was destroyed when Satan was cast out of heaven. The bible also speaks of times of old in other areas. Some say the proper translation of Genesis 1-1 is the earth became void and without form. But what do I know. We will never have all the answers while we are alive.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So you believe that every living species on Earth was loaded onto a primitive ship to survive a global flood?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember this thread when people on here say "only those liberals believe crazy stupid shit".
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always think when God made Adam how old was he? What did Adam as a person look like? A newborn? A child? A teenager? An Adult?

If he was just newly created but a fully grown Man judging how the bible speaks then how old was the world when it was created? What did it look like? What was a day to God?

All valid questions if you are to think about if the Bible is correct.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Remember this thread when people on here say "only those liberals believe crazy stupid shit".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There have been things through out history that are still unexplained. Taking out the possibilities makes you less of a scientist, imo. We've learned so much over the past century. There is still much to learn.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:52:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I always think when God made Adam how old was he? What did Adam as a person look like? A newborn? A child? A teenager? An Adult?

If he was just newly created but a fully grown Man judging how the bible speaks then how old was the world when it was created? What did it look like? What was a day to God?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I only posed it as a question for the sake of simplicity in this thread.  Personally I believe it to be so.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I only posed it as a question for the sake of simplicity in this thread.  Personally I believe it to be so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe God did in fact create evolution and that's how he made man. Think about it. Working at the speed of light, creating a single cell to a fully grown man.

Science and possibilities are amazing to me. I am so fascinated about mankind.

I always questioned the written language as well. Things just don't add up. Like I said.

We've learned so much in the past century. I'm glad I'm still young and able to learn so much more.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Where does the OP of these kind of threads always disappear to?

Eta.  Thank you
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:57:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Op, I told you gravity is a theory... And that is the point... evolution is a theory just like gravity because evolution is that well supported just like gravity.  The word theory in science is a term of art it doesn't mean what you think it means.  A theory in science is more powerful than a fact in that it is a unifying explanation that is supported by lots of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed.    It s not a hunch it s not a guess it s not something someone pulled out of their ass and tried to hang their hat on.

So you post a link that amounts to a book report.  Logical fallacy appeal to authority much?

Are scientists hired by coca cola to prove sugar is good for you corrupt?  Of course but if you look at where their funding is coming from and the fact that they come their bias is obvious.

Do priests rape little boys?  Some of them do is that typical? Okay maybe but in the case of science other scientists in the field are trying to prove you wrong (at least on significant things like I dunno evolution).
View Quote

Except we can actually observe Gravity, unlike Evolution - which can't be observed, only 'guesstimated'.  We have not ONCE observed a non-living specimen become living - not once.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hammermill has a secret lair for the hit-and-runners
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

there are so many. Nothing ever gets solved.

I actually do take into consideration what Atheists do have to say. There are questions and I'm always searching. However in my heart I have no doubts about Jesus Christ. I'm just at awe at the creation of things, and the how's, why's and if's. As long as my brain can absorb I'll always try and better my knowledge of things. Life is amazing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Except we can actually observe Gravity, unlike Evolution - which can't be observed, only 'guesstimated'.  We have not ONCE observed a non-living specimen become living - not once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pasteur actually proved evolution cannot happen in the 1800s, when he tore down the theory of spontaneous generation
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I actually do take into consideration what Atheists do have to say. There are questions and I'm always searching. However in my heart I have no doubts about Jesus Christ. I'm just at awe at the creation of things, and the how's, why's and if's. As long as my brain can absorb I'll always try and better my knowledge of things. Life is amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. I do enjoy reading and listening to the input even though sometimes the purses swing.  People and pride can't help but get in the way.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top