BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:57:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why can't some of you guys just enjoy watching 2 chicks fight?

It's chicks fighting!

View Quote

'Cause they're GD attention whores? Just shotgunning it here... what's your guess?

I'm still on the fence with women's mma, not really something I particularly enjoy watching but RR is so incredibly dominant against her peers that it's pretty amazing to see.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So Rousey is the ultimate badass that's scared of no one and yet doesn't want to fight her main competition at the weight she's fought at her whole career?

Smart move on Rousey's part, but if she's really the badass warrior she portrays herself as she would want to fight Justino at her best.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there no women that can fight in this class?

Why any one other than sports bar would pay for this is unbelievable

Bump up the weight limit to 145 and we'd probably see some.

But that will never happen because White will do everything he can to protect Rousey.

Not really into UFC but what you said is what I've been hearing.
Seems like people want the Cyborg fight but Rousey won't put on the weight and talks about Cyborg steroid failed test

Rousey is the champ, Cyborg needs to come fight at her weight.

So Rousey is the ultimate badass that's scared of no one and yet doesn't want to fight her main competition at the weight she's fought at her whole career?

Smart move on Rousey's part, but if she's really the badass warrior she portrays herself as she would want to fight Justino at her best.

Is judo the same as MMA?

Is Cyborg on PEDs the same as Ronda without PEDs?  Come on.  Don't be silly.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Replay for those who don't look at the other posts
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:58:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

the biggest shit talker is ronda herself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Shit talkers are usually the fastest ones to get their asses handed to them...

And she's the champion, what are you? Chuck Norris? Bruce Lee? Or just an internet commando?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:00:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

At this point I think Rousey has proved she's not going to get man handled by Cyborg.  IMO, it's not about protecting Rousey, but not tarnishing her belt if she loses at 140/145 AND making sure it's a level playing field.  Look at Cyborg and tell me she's a clean fighter.  There are probably dozens of Brazillian fighters in the UFC/Bellator/WSOF who have popped recently for PEDs.

I don't think they're protecting Rousey from Cyborg, rather just wanting to be sure it's a level playing field.  IMO of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that will never happen because White will do everything he can to protect Rousey.

At this point I think Rousey has proved she's not going to get man handled by Cyborg.  IMO, it's not about protecting Rousey, but not tarnishing her belt if she loses at 140/145 AND making sure it's a level playing field.  Look at Cyborg and tell me she's a clean fighter.  There are probably dozens of Brazillian fighters in the UFC/Bellator/WSOF who have popped recently for PEDs.

I don't think they're protecting Rousey from Cyborg, rather just wanting to be sure it's a level playing field.  IMO of course.

I don't think anyone said Rousey would get "man handled by Cyborg."  Just that with a 145 pound weight limit it'd be a good fight.

But Rousey apparently doesn't want that and Dana White sure as shit doesn't want that.  He is going to do everything he can to protect his cash cow.

As far as PEDs: make her take a drug test.  Easy enough.

Honestly this whole thing kind of reminds me of 'Rocky III' where Mickey was protecting Rocky by lining up fighters he knew Rocky could beat.  He did everything he could to make sure Rocky didn't fight Clubber Lang because he knew Lang could beat Rocky.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:00:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And she's the champion, what are you? Chuck Norris? Bruce Lee? Or just an internet commando?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm predicting this fight will last longer than the Rousey fight.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:02:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Naaa, I don't plan on wasting any more of my time on the newb.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:02:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already has.

Please don't feed the trolls.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:02:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You're just one of those insecure males that has to prove himself to everyone on the net that he can beat on a woman.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just stop.

so cyborg, a woman, can't fight ronda because she's on PEDs but a man with naturally boasted test levels would get massacred?  

You're just one of those insecure males that has to prove himself to everyone on the net that he can beat on a woman.

her nuthuggers are the ones going around saying she can take on men...which is ludicrous

and some of you actually believe this and parrot it back. as good as ronda is ( for a woman ) she cannot compete at that level with men
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:02:40 AM EDT
[#10]

That's awesome.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:02:50 AM EDT
[#11]

No offense, but some of you sad sacks are serious Tier 0 leg-humping white knights.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:05:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

her nuthuggers are the ones going around saying she can take on men...which is ludicrous

and some of you actually believe this and parrot it back. as good as ronda is ( for a woman ) she cannot compete at that level with men
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

just stop.

so cyborg, a woman, can't fight ronda because she's on PEDs but a man with naturally boasted test levels would get massacred?  

Last reply to you. You're the one here boasting about how you would smash a woman. A REAL MAN wouldn't be boasting about how he can beat up on girlies.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:06:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is judo the same as MMA?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really into UFC but what you said is what I've been hearing.
Seems like people want the Cyborg fight but Rousey won't put on the weight and talks about Cyborg steroid failed test

Rousey is the champ, Cyborg needs to come fight at her weight.

Is judo the same as MMA?

You seem to be under the impression that if someone ever tested positive for PEDs that means it's impossible for them to ever not be on it.

Most of those drugs have a pretty short half life.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:07:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like she's really having a good time in Brazil.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:07:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's awesome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's awesome.

Its worthy of a repost......

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:07:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone said Rousey would get "man handled by Cyborg."  Just that with a 145 pound weight limit it'd be a good fight.

But Rousey apparently doesn't want that and Dana White sure as shit doesn't want that.  He is going to do everything he can to protect his cash cow.

Honestly this whole thing kind of reminds me of 'Rocky III' where Mickey was protecting Rocky by lining up fighters he knew Rocky could beat.  He did everything he could to make sure Rocky didn't fight Clubber Lang because he knew Lang could beat Rocky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know this is GD but I see we're still making it too difficult for the slow learners in the class. Let's break it down....

Currently there are two women's weight classes in UFC: 135 lb and 115 lb.  

If someone wants a UFC women's title they either make weight at 115 lb or they make weight at 135 lb.  

Is your girl 6'2" and 185 lb? Too bad, she can't win a women's UFC title.
Is she 5'6" and can't cut below 140? too bad, you no get UFC women's title.

Will UFC make another weight class in the future? Probably.
Hell, it'll probably be around the time RR can no longer make weight at 135 but that time is not today.
UFC isn't my favorite organization but they know what to do for the money.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:14:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I know this is GD but I see we're still making it too difficult for the slow learners in the class. Let's break it down....

If someone wants a UFC women's title they either make weight at 115 lb or they make weight at 135 lb.  

Hell, it'll probably be around the time RR can no longer make weight at 135 but that time is not today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for pointing out what was already said and stating it as if it was some brilliant new insight. We all appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:14:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You were saying....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www2.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20150320122051_IMG_9988.JPG
what say you arfcom!

I say ronda knocks her out in the first round!

Ronda doesn't knock anyone out  
You were saying....  
Sheeeeet

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:18:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't argue w/ you that the UFC wants to protect Ronda.  Jon Jones is sitting on a mountain of cocaine, GSP retired, Cain just got beat and Silva was squashed by Weidman 2x.  The UFC doesn't have many PPV stars outside of Conor McGregor.

To your drug test statement, what if Cyborg has been on PED's for 5 years, if she's clean for 6 months does that mean that she loses ALL benefits from the PEDs?  She still has the muscle mass and her body has become acclimated to that size/frame.  

Another point, drug tests aren't 100%.  The new steps UFC is taking with USADA is a step in the right direction, but think of all the athletes in the US, specifically baseball/football.  If there's a demand for PEDs, there will be suppliers.  And those suppliers will always be one step ahead of the testers when it comes to new formulas, masking agents, etc.  Cyborg is getting paid by the UFC to fight in Invicta and she's making 50-60k or more per fight.  She has money to pay for better juice if that's her thing.  1 clean test doesn't automatically mean a clean bill of health.  I don't know the answer.  

But Cyborg's physique hasn't "deflated" since the last time she tested positive for PEDs and I can only speak from a fan's perspective but I don't like the idea of one fighter having an unnatural advantage over another.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:24:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/cMsXJXa.jpg
View Quote

I'll be the third wheel
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:24:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thanks for pointing out what was already said and stating it as if it was some brilliant new insight. We all appreciate it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're welcome, I'm glad it's finally sinking in. I'm just here to help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:26:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I won't argue w/ you that the UFC wants to protect Ronda.  Jon Jones is sitting on a mountain of cocaine, GSP retired, Cain just got beat and Silva was squashed by Weidman 2x.  The UFC doesn't have many PPV stars outside of Conor McGregor.

To your drug test statement, what if Cyborg has been on PED's for 5 years, if she's clean for 6 months does that mean that she loses ALL benefits from the PEDs?  She still has the muscle mass and her body has become acclimated to that size/frame.  

Another point, drug tests aren't 100%.  The new steps UFC is taking with USADA is a step in the right direction, but think of all the athletes in the US, specifically baseball/football.  If there's a demand for PEDs, there will be suppliers.  And those suppliers will always be one step ahead of the testers when it comes to new formulas, masking agents, etc.  Cyborg is getting paid by the UFC to fight in Invicta and she's making 50-60k or more per fight.  She has money to pay for better juice if that's her thing.  1 clean test doesn't automatically mean a clean bill of health.  I don't know the answer.  

But Cyborg's physique hasn't "deflated" since the last time she tested positive for PEDs and I can only speak from a fan's perspective but I don't like the idea of one fighter having an unnatural advantage over another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC she tested positive over three years ago.  And I think you might be overestimating how effective some steroids are at avoiding drug test detection.  If they were then pretty much no professional athletes would ever test positive.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:26:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'll be the third wheel
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be the third wheel

4th wheel checking in.
Now we just need a spare.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:26:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sheeeeet  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www2.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20150320122051_IMG_9988.JPG

what say you arfcom!

I say ronda knocks her out in the first round!

Ronda doesn't knock anyone out  
You were saying....  
Sheeeeet  

lol
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:31:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, we are all extremely grateful for the genius insight to point out women that weigh over 135 pounds can't fight in a weight class with a 135 pound limit.  Give yourself a nice pat on the back.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:37:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/tWr6u0k.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome.

Well done.  I'm willing to bet most people don't get the reference.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:40:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

4th wheel checking in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be the third wheel

4th wheel checking in.

I just want to sniff the sheets when they're done

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:42:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did he say he was anything? Sheesh. Ronda is a big shit talker. You know there is footage of her training with men right?  She looks like a child strength wise compared to them. Ronda cannot beat men. Get over yourselves.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:48:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be the third wheel

4th wheel checking in.

Well shit, we just need the guy willing to drag balls across a mile of broken glass just to hear her fart thru a walkie talkie after she ate the number 7 meal at taco bell and we can shut
this thread down.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:49:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

History lesson, Ronda fought at 145 lbs in Strikeforce, same as Cyborg. The owner wanted Rousey to fight 135 lbs. That way she could win the belt and a superfight with Rousey/Cyborg could happen.
Guess what? Rousey upheld her end and signed the contract, Cyborg got busted for steroids and suspended.

145 lbs division was dissolved because there were not enough fighters at that weight.

Then, UFC buys Strikeforce and their contracts. This means Cyborg is now in the UFC. She (Cyborg) asked to be released from the UFC contract so she could fight for Invicta, stating that fighter pay was to blame.

Now she (Cyborg) is on the outside looking in.

Fun facts: Cyborg has fought at 115 lbs, 125 lbs., 135 lbs., 145 lbs, and heavier. She now walks around over 170 lbs., so she seems to not really want to fight Rousey.

Those that think Cyborg stands anything more than a punchers chance (even though I don't even think she has a legit KO), watch the Carano fight. Carano mounted her one or two times.

Also, Cyborg has a Jiu-Jitsu world championship... I think 4-5 women showed up to compete.

Keep on getting on Sherdog and Underground and not actually looking at facts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:50:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome.

Oh I agree. I doubt anyone picks up on RR going SS.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:52:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Glad Ronda won.

Good for her.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:54:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes, we are all extremely grateful for the genius insight to point out women that weigh over 135 pounds can't fight in a weight class with a 135 pound limit.  Give yourself a nice pat on the back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I try to help the helpless. In GD it's always going to be an unfinished task but once more unto breach...... I find it fascinating that local denizens seem to think Cyborg and Rousey should have a fight at some catch weight above the title weight when it's pretty fucking apparent to anyone with a pulse that the person holding the belt gets to make those calls.

Furthermore, that person (ie, "the champ", "the champion", etc.) holding the title has absolutely no reason to accommodate their opponent who cannot make that weight.

But hey, good work on that analysis of Rocky III...a lot of good insight there and it really helped frame the discussion here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:06:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If anyone finds a replay please let me know.
View Quote

FS1 was showing some replays but only showed stills of the knockout.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:07:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes, I try to help the helpless. In GD it's always going to be an unfinished task but once more unto breach...... I find it fascinating that local denizens seem to think Cyborg and Rousey should have a fight at some catch weight above the title weight when it's pretty fucking apparent to anyone with a pulse that the person holding the belt gets to make those calls.

Furthermore, that person (ie, "the champ", "the champion", etc.) holding the title has absolutely no reason to accommodate their opponent who cannot make that weight.

But hey, good work on that analysis of Rocky III...a lot of good insight there and it really helped frame the discussion here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one said the champ has any reason to accommodate their opponent.  Of course they don't.  Wow, you sure do have a talent for pointing out the blindingly obvious. It would be boring, but it's actually pretty funny how you keep pointing out obvious things and then patting yourself on the back as if you came up with some brilliant insight.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:08:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:18:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Afghans in the laundry are all cheering like crazy people rofl
View Quote

DFAC workers too..
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:19:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No one said the champ has any reason to accommodate their opponent.  Of course they don't.  Wow, you sure do have a talent for pointing out the blindingly obvious. It would be boring, but it's actually pretty funny how you keep pointing out obvious things and then patting yourself on the back as if you came up with some brilliant insight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you not read the shit you post and quote? (Not that I blame you or anything, it's usually quite pointless).  

But right on this very page (it's just there! above us...go look!) some goofball quoted "So Rousey is the ultimate badass that's scared of no one and yet doesn't want to fight her main competition at the weight she's fought at her whole career? Smart move on Rousey's part, but if she's really the badass warrior she portrays herself as she would want to fight Justino at her best."

Sound like that guy wants her to accommodate her opponent who can't make the weight.

I'm sorry you don't think people are that ignorant but seriously they are.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:20:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Step in the ring with her then, good fucking luck...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think that brazilian chick took lessons from Glass Joe on Mike Tyson's Punch-out.  

Right-Left-NAP

Though as PISSED as Rhonda looked, it's probably for the best.  Probably would have ripped Bethe's arms off.

I'm sorry Rhonda is a competent fighter, the rest of the division just sucks.
The whole of women's MMA just plain sucks.
Meh....They fight like girls

BBT's insecurity is showing...

of course.. that was so fucking weak

ronda only looks stellar because she's fighting other women.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:21:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I would this destroy her..as would any decently in shape average sized male
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A man would destroy honda

Have at it, champ.

I would this destroy her..as would any decently in shape average sized male

Lol
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:22:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

how many fights with men has she had? fucking ZERO because it's obvious she cannot compete with men

I would step in to smash ronda in a heartbeat...unfortunately there's no way for me to make 135lbs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how many fights with men has she had? fucking ZERO because it's obvious she cannot compete with men

I would step in to smash ronda in a heartbeat...unfortunately there's no way for me to make 135lbs

Dude your embarrassing yourself now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:28:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do you not read the shit you post and quote? (Not that I blame you or anything, it's usually quite pointless).  

But right on this very page (it's just there! above us...go look!) some goofball quoted "So Rousey is the ultimate badass that's scared of no one and yet doesn't want to fight her main competition at the weight she's fought at her whole career? Smart move on Rousey's part, but if she's really the badass warrior she portrays herself as she would want to fight Justino at her best."

Sound like that guy wants her to accommodate her opponent who can't make the weight.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps next you can tell us all how it's your opinion that Ronda Rousey is the best female fighter in the UFC.  But make sure to state it in a way that makes it sound like you actually believe you're providing some thought provoking insight that everyone should be in awe of.

Laughing at your absurdity has pretty much played itself out.  If you want to keep pointing out things that are extremely obvious as if you came up with some brilliant new insight while pathetically seeking praise for it then find someone else.  I'm out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#44]

But who is better than Rhonda?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:33:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Perhaps next you can tell us all how it's your opinion that Ronda Rousey is the best female fighter in the UFC.  But make sure to state it in a way that makes it sound like you actually believe you're providing some thought provoking insight that everyone should be in awe of.

Laughing at your absurdity has pretty much played itself out.  If you want to keep pointing out things that are extremely obvious as if you came up with some brilliant new insight while pathetically seeking praise for it then find someone else.  I'm out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My goodness you have such a creative little mind! Bless.   I'm just here to help but I can only do so much. You have a great night!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:40:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think that brazilian chick took lessons from Glass Joe on Mike Tyson's Punch-out.  

Right-Left-NAP

Though as PISSED as Rhonda looked, it's probably for the best.  Probably would have ripped Bethe's arms off.

Is that you, Watkins? I knew a dude in Kentucky that swore he could disassemble an M1A1 Abrams with his Leatherman. You sound just like him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:46:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Ronda's one bad bitch
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:53:15 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right-Left-NAP

L O Fucking L

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:26:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Well shit, we just need the guy willing to drag balls across a mile of broken glass just to hear her fart thru a walkie talkie after she ate the number 7 meal at taco bell and we can shut
this thread down.

View Quote

That's pretty dam funny !!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:15:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top