Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I imagine most people here would grab their gun and take action against someone who was operating an organ harvesting operation with kindergarteners. They would not value the life of the organ-harvester.

So (for anti-abortion activists who consider the life of a fetus and the life of a kindergartener as equivalent) why don't we see more of those people taking similar action against abortionists?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ITT, OP demonstrates his "intelligence" by being surprised that people who value life don't kill people.

I imagine most people here would grab their gun and take action against someone who was operating an organ harvesting operation with kindergarteners. They would not value the life of the organ-harvester.

So (for anti-abortion activists who consider the life of a fetus and the life of a kindergartener as equivalent) why don't we see more of those people taking similar action against abortionists?
Would you have picked up your gun and hunted down Gosnel if you found out about him before the police did?

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread is not like a potato.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What an idiotic red herring.

Welfare has only gone up.  You get more of what you incentivize, and that's about all there is to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The holocaust didn't save us billions in welfare payments either.  

What an idiotic red herring.

Welfare has only gone up.  You get more of what you incentivize, and that's about all there is to it.

So we're paying out welfare to dead babies?  Cause I don't think we are.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Republicans complain we can't win an election.

Republicans want democrats to breed like rabbits and make more democrats.  

WTF.

You ain't going to hell for what your neighbor does, and no despite all the tears it doesn't impact your way of life AT ALL.

"Well there's a thing called doing the right thing!"

Okay, option A, you win and in the long run, things will go our way.  Victory gets results, losing doesn't.  Example, Obama.

Or B, lose, have wrong take over the world, but hold your head high on Sunday cause you tried to save some kids that would've grown up in unfit homes, become liberals and in certain cases criminals.
View Quote

The vagina you came from dont dicate the political philosophy you will eventually formulate for yourself.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The vagina you came from dont dicate the political philosophy you will eventually formulate for yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF.

You ain't going to hell for what your neighbor does, and no despite all the tears it doesn't impact your way of life AT ALL.

Okay, option A, you win and in the long run, things will go our way.  Victory gets results, losing doesn't.  Example, Obama.

Or B, lose, have wrong take over the world, but hold your head high on Sunday cause you tried to save some kids that would've grown up in unfit homes, become liberals and in certain cases criminals.

No it doesn't but stats are a motherfucker.  Fine me one set of project housing, or white trash neighborhood that votes solid R.  You can't.

And the whole thing about mom's resenting being forced to raise a kid they don't want and the negative effects that has on the child's upbringing.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No, it's not the same. I am not making light of abortion, but there was an element of terror for the victims of the holocaust that cannot be rivaled in the killing of a developing fetus. BABY

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, it's not the same. I am not making light of abortion, but there was an element of terror for the victims of the holocaust that cannot be rivaled in the killing of a developing fetus. BABY

Sure, I don't disagree.

I am not trying to diminish what abortion is, but rather to not let the brutality and cruelty of the holocaust be overlooked.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arfcom, where if it's babies, or lions, if it saves just one life, do anything you have to do.

If it's Iraq, and a city where there's babies, toddlers and such, fucking nuke it, napalm it, and piss on it as you leave.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No it doesn't but stats are a motherfucker. Fine me one set of project housing, or white trash neighborhood that votes solid R. You can't.

And the whole thing about mom's resenting being forced to raise a kid they don't want and the negative effects that has on the child's upbringing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF.

Okay, option A, you win and in the long run, things will go our way. Victory gets results, losing doesn't. Example, Obama.

No it doesn't but stats are a motherfucker. Fine me one set of project housing, or white trash neighborhood that votes solid R. You can't.

We could use the same reasoning to kill toddlers who are growing up in a poor environment.  Why is it ok to kill a fetus with active brainwaves and not ok to kill the toddlers?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
All we can hope is that the GOP makes abortion a top priority in 2016.
View Quote

I hope you're joking.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#11]
lulz.

IN!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My opinion on abortion doesn't matter.  Even if there's only 10% of anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception (I think it's higher than that though), there would be way more violence against abortionists than there actually is, if anti-abortion activists actually belived abortion and the Holocaust are equivalent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When Nazi's were in charge of Germany what percentage of the population took up arms to stop the holocaust?

Hindsight tends to be 20/20.

I would also point out their is much debate between pro-lifers about when a fetus qualifies for rights, no one has to debate that when it comes to born Jews or gypsies so the evil is easier to denounce.

In your oppinion, when in development is a fetus deserving of human rights, what makes it deserving of human rights at that point?

For the purposes of this thread, assume I mean "anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception" when I say "anti-abortion activists."
You just eleminated 90% of anti-abortion activists.  Can you please answer my question:
In your oppinion, when in development is a fetus deserving of human rights, what makes it deserving of human rights at that point?

My opinion on abortion doesn't matter.  Even if there's only 10% of anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception (I think it's higher than that though), there would be way more violence against abortionists than there actually is, if anti-abortion activists actually belived abortion and the Holocaust are equivalent.

You are saying that a groups refusal to do the "right thing" validates an action.  Look at history.  WW11 wasn't fought to save the Jews.  The American and British even refused to take some Jewish refugies.  It was not until the war was won, and the world needed to demonize and punish the NAZIs, that the holocaust was shown as the evil it was.  Our grandfathers and uncles went to protect America, not free the Jews.  By your circular logic, if the Germans had won, baking Jews wouldn't really be taboo either.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Arfcom, where if it's babies, or lions, if it saves just one life, do anything you have to do.

If it's Iraq, and a city where there's babies, toddlers and such, fucking nuke it, napalm it, and piss on it as you leave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have noticed that as well.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I love these threads.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

SNIP
View Quote

Didn't you loose your password for like 2 years?

Pretty sure it was you

If so, welcome back!

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You are saying that a groups refusal to do the "right thing" validates an action.  Look at history.  WW11 wasn't fought to save the Jews.  The American and British even refused to take some Jewish refugies.  It was not until the war was won, and the world needed to demonize and punish the NAZIs, that the holocaust was shown as the evil it was.  Our grandfathers and uncles went to protect America, not free the Jews.  By your circular logic, if the Germans had won, baking Jews wouldn't really be taboo either.
View Quote

World War Eleven!!!

(sorry, couldn't resist).
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have noticed that as well.
View Quote

Oh, they aren't going to like that one.

Expect a war vs innocent life point to be made soon.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm just hear for the "ghoul" comments by those that think solely with their feels
View Quote

What the fuck is up with the use of the word "feels"? Do you guys realize how stupid this sounds?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
ITT, OP demonstrates his "intelligence" by being surprised that people who value life don't kill people.
View Quote

So you're a pacifist?  You wouldn't take up arms to stop another holocaust?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The comparison between the holocaust and the abortion industry is the blatant, and cruel disregard for human life.  Not any of the points you mentioned.

Holocaust = exterminating human beings because they're unwanted

Abortion = exterminating human beings because unwanted.

In both those cases the political class and their supporting citizens want to exterminate life they deem unworthy of sharing air with.
View Quote

The comparison is apt in that the holocaust did not start off with piling people into boxcars, it started out with clean and "humane" euthanasia of the unwanted for "the greater good."
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I imagine most people here would grab their gun and take action against someone who was operating an organ harvesting operation with kindergarteners.  They would not value the life of the organ-harvester.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I imagine most people here would grab their gun and take action against someone who was operating an organ harvesting operation with kindergarteners.  They would not value the life of the organ-harvester.

Lol.  No they wouldn't and neither would you.

Pro life advocates by nature values all human life.  Including that of abortionists.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
1. Anti-abortion activists like to compare abortion in the US as morally equivalent to the Holocaust, or say it's even worse, due to the larger number of dead fetuses vs. dead Jews.
2. It's generally accepted by people of almost all political views that the German citizenry during WWII were morally complicit in the Holocaust, at least to some degree, because they did nothing to stop the Holocaust, even if they didn't actively participate in the killing.
3. Anti-abortion activists in the US who kill abortionists, bomb abortion clinics or otherwise commit violent acts to stop abortions are roundly denounced by the vast majority of anti-abortion activists who apparently don't think violence is a good idea.
4. It's been over 40 years since Roe v. Wade, and abortion is still legal.  Non-violent action through the courts is one method to try to limit the number of abortions, but there's still thousands of abortions happening each day, so legal action doesn't appear to be very effective.
5. I realize not all anti-abortion activists are gun owners, and not all gun owners are anti-abortion, but there is significant overlap.  The capability for violent acts is there.  This isn't really a gun thing either, as violent acts would still be possible (and still relatively easy, for that matter) even if guns were banned or more highly restricted.
6. Yet, violent acts against abortionists are pretty rare.

So the Holocaust comparision fails, because the actions of anti-abortion activists show that they themselves don't believe it.  Well, either that or they're a bunch of hypocrites who blame Germans for allowing the Holocaust yet won't do anything today against those perpetrating what they say are equivalent acts.

Thoughts?
View Quote

Logical failure. Just because people are to frightened or cowed to "do anything" about an issue does not mean that the issue in question is not wrong.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#24]
At whatever stage you abort a growing baby regardless of the stage of growth he or she is in, you have now ended the life of a growing child,  period!  
Can anyone reading this honestly say you wish the decision had been made to end your life while you were growing in the womb?
There is no life any more innocent or defenseless than the life of a developing child in the womb. Call abortion by any name you would like but it still results in the death of an innocent and defenseless growing child.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#25]
0.47 posts per day too many.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I hope you're joking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All we can hope is that the GOP makes abortion a top priority in 2016.

I hope you're joking.

Must want sanders or Hillary.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
1. Anti-abortion activists like to compare abortion in the US as morally equivalent to the Holocaust, or say it's even worse, due to the larger number of dead fetuses vs. dead Jews.
2. It's generally accepted by people of almost all political views that the German citizenry during WWII were morally complicit in the Holocaust, at least to some degree, because they did nothing to stop the Holocaust, even if they didn't actively participate in the killing.
3. Anti-abortion activists in the US who kill abortionists, bomb abortion clinics or otherwise commit violent acts to stop abortions are roundly denounced by the vast majority of anti-abortion activists who apparently don't think violence is a good idea.
4. It's been over 40 years since Roe v. Wade, and abortion is still legal.  Non-violent action through the courts is one method to try to limit the number of abortions, but there's still thousands of abortions happening each day, so legal action doesn't appear to be very effective.
5. I realize not all anti-abortion activists are gun owners, and not all gun owners are anti-abortion, but there is significant overlap.  The capability for violent acts is there.  This isn't really a gun thing either, as violent acts would still be possible (and still relatively easy, for that matter) even if guns were banned or more highly restricted.

So the Holocaust comparision fails, because the actions of anti-abortion activists show that they themselves don't believe it.  Well, either that or they're a bunch of hypocrites who blame Germans for allowing the Holocaust yet won't do anything today against those perpetrating what they say are equivalent acts.

Thoughts?
View Quote

My secular mind doesn't really care for the comparison, but not for the reasons above. Christianity is the reason people are opposed to abortion (for the most part). Christianity is also the reason abortion doctors get to live from day to day (for the most part). Abortionists should actually be grateful for Christianity. Heaven forbid we get large enough population of Muslims in this country who decide Planned Parenthood has to go.

/Grabs Bible
/Engages Thumping

My religious mind still thinks the comparison is stupid.

I do believe unrepentant abortion providers will be judged just as harshly (and likely even more so) as any other human who has personally had a hand in facilitating the termination of thousands of innocent lives. I'm not looking forward to seeing their judgement and punishment. I believe those they murdered will be front and center in the abortionists judgement and that abortionist will have to answer to each and every individual.  I am looking forward to the perfect justice that will be afforded to those who were denied life.

/Disengages Thumping
/Puts bible back on shelf

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Meh,if you can't see the difference ...whatever.not worth it
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The comparison is apt in that the holocaust did not start off with piling people into boxcars, it started out with clean and "humane" euthanasia of the unwanted for "the greater good."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The comparison between the holocaust and the abortion industry is the blatant, and cruel disregard for human life.  Not any of the points you mentioned.

In both those cases the political class and their supporting citizens want to exterminate life they deem unworthy of sharing air with.

Very good point.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Not the same.  11ish mil for the holocaust vs 60ish mil for abortions.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well, then I guess when asked, 60 million children signed up for death by abortion.  So they are different.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is in the case of the abortion a woman made the decision to end the life of a human being inside of her.
In the case of the Holocaust others made the decision to end the lives of 11 million people

Well, then I guess when asked, 60 million children signed up for death by abortion.  So they are different.....

Do I believe life is a better choice, absolutely, but who am I to tell another human being what to do with a life growing in her own body.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My secular mind doesn't really care for the comparison, but not for the reasons above. Christianity is the reason people are opposed to abortion (for the most part). Christianity is also the reason abortion doctors get to live from day to day (for the most part). Abortionists should actually be grateful for Christianity. Heaven forbid we get large enough population of Muslims in this country who decide Planned Parenthood has to go.

/Grabs Bible
/Engages Thumping

I do believe unrepentant abortion providers will be judged just as harshly (and likely even more so) as any other human who has personally had a hand in facilitating the termination of thousands of innocent lives. I'm not looking forward to seeing their judgement and punishment. I believe those they murdered will be front and center in the abortionists judgement and that abortionist will have to answer to each and every individual.  I am looking forward to the perfect justice that will be afforded to those who were denied life.

/Disengages Thumping

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

/Grabs Bible
/Engages Thumping

/Disengages Thumping

Christianity is why abortion docs get to live?

Army of God ring a bell?

How about Eric Rudolph?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Logical failure. Just because people are to frightened or cowed to "do anything" about an issue does not mean that the issue in question is not wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

Most of the jews who were murdered by the germans/nazis made few efforts to defend themselves. The truth is, sane people just aren't murderers. You pretty much got to set sanity and rational thought to one side and embrace a whole new reality to do murder. Most people cant do that. they will kill, but in modern society they wait until they are already almost dead to realize that the time for fighting was a long time ago. To kill, you basically need to be trained to uninhibit yourself from the part of your brain the empathizes with others. that takes years of training and experiance.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Every pregnancy should end in a quick, safe and cheap abortion.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Plenty of women do it willingly. Not sure how I said anything different
Plenty of Jews got on the trains willingly. Get in the train car or die is not much of a choice I would think I would have made the decision to fight and die instead of be slaughtered,
but I have never been put in the situation that ten of millions of other human beings have.

Doesn't excuse a thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is in the case of the abortion a woman made the decision to end the life of a human being inside of her.
In the case of the Holocaust others made the decision to end the lives of 11 million people

Plenty of women do it willingly. Not sure how I said anything different
Plenty of Jews got on the trains willingly. Get in the train car or die is not much of a choice I would think I would have made the decision to fight and die instead of be slaughtered,
but I have never been put in the situation that ten of millions of other human beings have.

Doesn't excuse a thing.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now you've done it.

IBTSS
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A person that does not support the murder of others is not a pacifist.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Now you've done it.

IBTSS
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you've done it.

IBTSS
IBTSS? Clearly I was being sarcastic.  Now I realize some here might not have picked up on that.

But Cecil the lion has more value than a nameless fetus, even 3400 times a day.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your entire reasoning is built on a false premise. I might add one that's easily recognized. The vast majority of pro life people (notice that you carefully avoided using this term because it would have exposed the fallacy of your argument) value human life far too much to resort to violence. This issue is not a choice between agreeing with abortion or committing violent criminal acts against proponents of it. There is a whole range of possible courses of action between those two extremes that sane,  civilized people can and do follow. Action along and within societal, political, artistic and legal lines that is consistent with the moral position of begin pro life. So with the false premise identified and soundly rejected, it should be easy to see that the argument in your OP holds no water whatsoever. I won't hold my breath though...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Would you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you?

If it threatened my loved ones or myself, yes.  If it were occurring in my own backyard against others, probably.  Otherwise, no.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Well I don't think

Dr. David Gunn
Dr. John Britton
Dr. Barnett Slepian
or
Dr. George Tiller

will be murdering any more children now will they?

Don't worry George.....it's just a chest wound........from a high powered rifle

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well I don't think

Dr. David Gunn
Dr. John Britton
Dr. Barnett Slepian
or
Dr. George Tiller

Don't worry George.....it's just a chest wound........

http://www.kansas.com/incoming/rsnct9/picture850469/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/053109tiller_file
View Quote

List needs more Kermit Gosnell
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Dr. John Britton

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I don't think

Dr. David Gunn
Dr. John Britton
Dr. Barnett Slepian
or
Dr. George Tiller

Don't worry George.....it's just a chest wound........

http://www.kansas.com/incoming/rsnct9/picture850469/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/053109tiller_file

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#47]

oh, and ............

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If it threatened my loved ones or myself, yes.  If it were occurring in my own backyard against others, probably.  Otherwise, no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you?

That is how it goes.  One's duty to his own children takes presidence over one's empathy for another's child.  Additionally,  violent actions tend to be counterproductive to the battle for hearts, minds, and souls; which is to be a Christians primary battlefield.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Wow
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Army of God ring a bell?

How about Eric Rudolph?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

/Grabs Bible
/Engages Thumping

/Disengages Thumping

Army of God ring a bell?

How about Eric Rudolph?

Something like 80+% of Americans identify as Christian. That's over 260 million people. Do you think using the actions of a single person or small group of people to describe 260 million people is legitimate?

I know there are plenty of Christians who would take direct action if it would not threaten their own salvation. What do you think would happen if 260 million people took matters into their own hands?

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top