BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What I meant was, it's not just a tiny band of atheists arguing that Creationists are wrong, it's everyone who's looked at the evidence from a scientific viewpoint.  The "atheist/creationist" dichotomy is a false one.
View Quote

I will have to give you that one. A truer dichotomy would be "educated/deliberately ignorant." In the US, this version of "deliberately ignorant" has a high correlation with "Christian".
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Expert 1 - A guy, who got a Theology degree by mail from an ad in the back of Bible Today, says there are no transitional fossils.

Experts 2 - 150 - There are thousands of people with authentic degrees, from accredited institutions, recognized for hundreds of years for their educational integrity, combined with  years of field work and additional study.  Say there are thousands of transitional fossils.

Who gets referenced on GD as the subject matter expert?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What I meant was, it's not just a tiny band of atheists arguing that Creationists are wrong, it's everyone who's looked at the evidence from a scientific viewpoint.  The "atheist/creationist" dichotomy is a false one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why doesn't someone start an "official 365/24" thread for this subject?

The 365/24 world cage match Atheist vs Creationist, no one wins!

For starters, most Christians accept that evolution happened, so your cage match pits the wrong opponents against each other.

I wrote "creationist" not "Christian" should I have used another term?

ahhhhh

I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I love how the entire argument and the ridiculousness of the theory is ignored as you focus on a poorly worded sentence on my part. Which by the way, I'm up typing at 11pm eastern time after a very long day.

Enjoy your evolutionary delirium.
View Quote

Dude, you are straight up talking out of your ass. You are arguing from such a point of ignorance that it is really hard to take you seriously.

I don't know shit about cars. If I were to join in on a discussion about rebuilding an engine and started trying to correct people who had at least a passing understanding of the process, don't you think I would catch some shit?

What the hell do you want? We explain the same shit to you every fucking time this topic comes up. You ignore the information. You wallow gleefully in your ignorance. Then a week later you and your ilk spout the same bullshit.

For fuck sake...read a book. At the very least, go here and see if you even have an original argument to make. You might accidentally learn something in the process.

Fuck. I would rather be delirious than willfully fucking ignorant.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm old enough to have seen the discovery of the "missing" link proving evolution and discounting creationism about a dozen times.
Yet each time the evolutionists theory changes( and usually disproves a previous version of evolution). the other does not.

Myself, I believe both.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm old enough to have seen the discovery of the "missing" link proving evolution and discounting creationism about a dozen times.
Yet each time the evolutionists theory changes( and usually disproves a previous version of evolution). the other does not.

Myself, I believe both.
View Quote

Ummm, no.

Just so we can make sure we are on the same page, start by giving the scientific definition of "theory".
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dude, you are straight up talking out of your ass. You are arguing from such a point of ignorance that it is really hard to take you seriously.

I don't know shit about cars. If I were to join in on a discussion about rebuilding an engine and started trying to correct people who had at least a passing understanding of the process, don't you think I would catch some shit?

What the hell do you want? We explain the same shit to you every fucking time this topic comes up. You ignore the information. You wallow gleefully in your ignorance. Then a week later you and your ilk spout the same bullshit.

For fuck sake...read a book. At the very least, go here and see if you even have an original argument to make. You might accidentally learn something in the process.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how the entire argument and the ridiculousness of the theory is ignored as you focus on a poorly worded sentence on my part. Which by the way, I'm up typing at 11pm eastern time after a very long day.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Good luck explaining how a book written by 40 different people over thousands of years, does not contradict itself once
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hilarious, how dare they have faith in God when they are supposed to have faith in magical evolution. The Bible hasn't changed in 2000 years, but every single day some scientific theory is proven wrong and replaced.

If you could have an account in a bank that has been open for 2000 years, or one that goes out of business and changes names every few days, which would you pick?

Why anyone would gamble with an eternity of feeling literal torture in hell, is beyond me. EVEN if the atheists were somehow right and there is nothing after death, there are still very good reasons to be opposed to evolution. How many of the people selling fetuses at planned parenthood are evolutionists you think (hint: ALL OF THEM).

the apocrypha

http://i.imgur.com/XId8MyP.jpg

So, since man wrote the apocryha, it's not valid.

Who physically wrote the bible?

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Good luck explaining how a book written by 40 different people over thousands of years, does not contradict itself once

Why are there two different creation stories in Genesis?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:08:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

First, do you believe in Christ OR have you accepted Him as Lord and Savior? The demons believe!

If in fact you are a born again blood bought Child of God then you believe the Bible is the infallible word of God. Read Genesis

There is NO evidence to the contrary other than some man concocted fable. I choose to believe Biblical FACTS vs. a man made THEORY.

It is simple, you can't have it both ways. One is truth and factual and the other a lie
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The overwhelming evidence you speak of  is base on conclusions and myths that man came up with. There is absolutely no factual evidence.

By all means, please refute the evidence. Please show me where my conclusions are wrong. Show me and millions of others who believe in Christ why we must abandon the black and white evidence in front of us for some simplified story?

First, do you believe in Christ OR have you accepted Him as Lord and Savior? The demons believe!

If in fact you are a born again blood bought Child of God then you believe the Bible is the infallible word of God. Read Genesis

There is NO evidence to the contrary other than some man concocted fable. I choose to believe Biblical FACTS vs. a man made THEORY.

It is simple, you can't have it both ways. One is truth and factual and the other a lie

Biblical Facts

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:42:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember, people like that are the face of "The Right" to the country when election time rolls around.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:02:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Why do atheists spend so much time and energy fighting against something they don't even believe in
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:08:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why do atheists spend so much time and energy fighting against something they don't even believe in
View Quote

More interesting than arguing about beans in chili?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:17:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've asked this question...they claim it's  "just debate"  It's not....but it does provide some entertainment.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nice way to never be wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Done to death.

Let me guess, it's the same reaction as the other side when "evidence" is proven fraudulent?

Yawn

Actually no.  When scientists who specialize in evolutionary biology find out that evidence is proven false, they adjust their theory.  Because they're scientists and that's what the scientific method is all about.

Nice way to never be wrong.

"That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works."
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No one told me this. I chose to educate myself on many things when I was a kid, as I still do today. I can't give you specific names as I never save information I find on issues like this because I don't care too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're moving towards creation.

Who is "They" specifically?

Point us to some published papers.

ETA: Same comment to you as to the poster before you. If someone told you this, then they lied to you. This is an easy enough statement to verify.

No one told me this. I chose to educate myself on many things when I was a kid, as I still do today. I can't give you specific names as I never save information I find on issues like this because I don't care too.

So, bullshit then?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

God knows.  I'm not an atheist.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Like when Criçk was faced with the utter improbability and impossibility of DNA developing through "natural" processes.  He adjusted his theory from evolution to one that says space aliens seeded the Earth with life.

If you look into DNA and the çomplex functions inside our cells, it will challenge your preconceived notions about a materiàlistic view.

Also, DNA is information.  If you see graffiti that says "Dave was here" you would automatically, intuitively know that this simple message was the result of an intelligence, because common sense would dictate that it didn't happen by itself.  DNA is software, more çomplex than anything ever made by man.  It is statistically impossible for it to have developed on its own.

God has left His fingerprints here for us.  The biggest obstacle I encounter in discussing this is the will - people are not willing to see the evidence in front of their eyes because of the implications of what çomes next.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Done to death.

Let me guess, it's the same reaction as the other side when "evidence" is proven fraudulent?

Yawn

Actually no.  When scientists who specialize in evolutionary biology find out that evidence is proven false, they adjust their theory.  Because they're scientists and that's what the scientific method is all about.

Like when Criçk was faced with the utter improbability and impossibility of DNA developing through "natural" processes.  He adjusted his theory from evolution to one that says space aliens seeded the Earth with life.

If you look into DNA and the çomplex functions inside our cells, it will challenge your preconceived notions about a materiàlistic view.

Also, DNA is information.  If you see graffiti that says "Dave was here" you would automatically, intuitively know that this simple message was the result of an intelligence, because common sense would dictate that it didn't happen by itself.  DNA is software, more çomplex than anything ever made by man.  It is statistically impossible for it to have developed on its own.

God has left His fingerprints here for us.  The biggest obstacle I encounter in discussing this is the will - people are not willing to see the evidence in front of their eyes because of the implications of what çomes next.

I've already said that, if you want to declare that the first life on Earth (or in the universe if you believe in panspermia) was created by something greater than us, I have no problem with that.  No one really knows.  As long as you acknowledge the overwhelming evidence that, however that life came about, once it got here it developed from its initial forms to its present forms via evolution.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Done to death.

Yawn

What?  Are you saying that scientists are willing to admit they don't know the whole truth, and are even more willing to reformulate their theories to include new, even contradictory evidence?

They would suck at being evangelical creationists.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Covered here.

This is the best part. Both sides want to grab the other, shake them and shout, "Open your eyes, moron! The evidence is right there!"

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top