BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good Job OP you just reinforced the stereotype that ALL Atheist are Liberal Assholes.
View Quote
How are the Christians in the thread doing with the stereotype that all believers are stupid?

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I want to go to the Creation Museum.  It's got to be an absolutely absurd mixture of hilarious and horrifying.
View Quote

How does a Creation Museum differ from just a museum?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You are trying to create a false equivalency. People that deny reality and believe in some Harry Potter level shit because they read it in a book are a bit different than people that accept a scientific theory that is supported by evidence from a variety of science disciplines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to Facebook video...Hilarious

I have some creationists in my extended family.  They have hilarious circular logic such as, "The fossil record shows dinosaurs and thorny plants existed at the same time.  The Bible says thorns didn't occur on plants until after the fall of Adam.  Therefore dinosaurs and people walked the earth at the same time."

Yes, these people walk among us.  I humored them and went to the Creation Museum in Kentucky.  It was a well designed museum with well executed exhibits, fueled by a heavy dose of batshit crazy and denial of science.

Don't paint with such a wide brush, please.  Strict Darwin supporters sound pretty stupid, too.

You are trying to create a false equivalency. People that deny reality and believe in some Harry Potter level shit because they read it in a book are a bit different than people that accept a scientific theory that is supported by evidence from a variety of science disciplines.

You're going to hell,

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

as a heart attack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a Charter member of the Creation Museum and I fully agree with their stances and those of Answers in Genesis.

OP's thread  

Are you serious?

as a heart attack.

Care to refute the careful evidence presented in this video?

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sure as hell reminds me and im sure plenty others of one! Is it proof? No, but its interesting!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, a picture of a stone carving that looks nothing like a dinosaur proves what exactly?

You ever hear of a Stegosaurus?

http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/images/pictures/dinosaurs/stegosaurus/stegosaurusheinrichharder.jpg
Yeah, and the carving looks nothing like that.

It has 1 feature that is even remotely similar.

I think its just a big jump to go from that carving to stego based on one feature.

Sure as hell reminds me and im sure plenty others of one! Is it proof? No, but its interesting!
Meh.

I know nothing about the culture of the temple that was carved on, but I do know that cultures around the world love to invent mythological creatures by taking features from real creatures and combining them.

Mermaids, centaurs, dragons, people with alligator heads, whatever. A spiked elephant rhino isn't outside of the realm of possibility.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think its just a big jump to go from that carving to stego based on one feature.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Men a dinosaurs living together.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8171/8013237455_f98be8cc64_z.jpg

So, a picture of a stone carving that looks nothing like a dinosaur proves what exactly?

http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/images/pictures/dinosaurs/stegosaurus/stegosaurusheinrichharder.jpg

It isn't a fucking dinosaur. It is either a mythological beast, a poor rendition of a real animal, or even possibly a modern carving from a MOVIE SET.

Check out this link. Ancient bestiaries are rife with inaccuracies with artists trying to draw animals they have never actually seen.

http://io9.com/how-europeans-imagined-exotic-animals-centuries-ago-ba-1545362205
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It isn't a fucking dinosaur. It is either a mythological beast, a poor rendition of a real animal, or even possibly a modern carving from a MOVIE SET.

Check out this link. Ancient bestiaries are rife with inaccuracies with artists trying to draw animals they have never actually seen.

http://io9.com/how-europeans-imagined-exotic-animals-centuries-ago-ba-1545362205
View Quote
Wow, Italian elephants in that link are cool!  I wonder if Jesus rode those too?

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
everyone in the thread is denying the manifest truth of yggdrasil, the world-tree.

i fear for your souls.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So God created the Earth with fossils already buried in it to make it look older?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crazy creationist checking in. (I walk among you! Oh the noes!) Just a quick statement. While I believe God created the heavens and the earth etc etc from Genesis, I also believe He created it in its maturity, much like I believe Adam and Eve would have been adults, not infants upon creation. They may look 24, but they're a say old etc... So anything that looks old could just have been made that way?

Cray Cray crayationist checking out.

So God created the Earth with fossils already buried in it to make it look older?

You're going to hell too, smartass.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

everyone in the thread is denying the manifest truth of yggdrasil, the world-tree.

i fear for your souls.
View Quote
I don't believe you, trees can't ride dinosaurs.  You're just being silly now.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Take the bad examples of those, and then pretend you don't know what they are "supposed" to be.

You might end up thinking the "elephants" are just poor drawings of pigs.

Same thing with this damned carving.  Without a reference, saying "it looks like a stegosaurus" is not an accurate statement.  Sure, it may be construed to be a stegosaurus, but only because it barely resembles one due to spikes, and literally nothing else.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellent. We don't have enough trolling here.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yep.

Take the bad examples of those, and then pretend you don't know what they are "supposed" to be.

Same thing with this damned carving.  Without a reference, saying "it looks like a stegosaurus" is not an accurate statement.  Sure, it may be construed to be a stegosaurus, but only because it barely resembles one due to spikes, and literally nothing else.

View Quote
Then using that logic, how do you know that cave painting is a horse?  Other than 4 legs, it doesn't look anything like a horse, yet we both know it's a horse.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks OP for putting up with us.  Carry on,  You heathens are doing a great job.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]
"The fossil record shows dinosaurs and thorny plants existed at the same time. The Bible says thorns didn't occur on plants until after the fall of Adam. Therefore dinosaurs and people walked the earth at the same time."

That isnt circular logic. It's a logical and reasonable point. The conclusion(3rd statement) is valid given the two previous statements.

Now, if you dont believe the Bible, then sure it is an irrational statement, but not circular.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#17]

As opposed to the belief that an invisible supernatural being magic'd everything into existence. Makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Isn't Social Darwinism pretty well aligned with conservative views?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
social Darwinism isn't working out to well for us

Isn't Social Darwinism pretty well aligned with conservative views?

Actually no.  It is the progressives that pretty much invented Social Darwinism around the turn of the previous century.

But ..... projection.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Crazy creationist checking in. (I walk among you! Oh the noes!) Just a quick statement. While I believe God created the heavens and the earth etc etc from Genesis, I also believe He created it in its maturity, much like I believe Adam and Eve would have been adults, not infants upon creation. They may look 24, but they're a say old etc... So anything that looks old could just have been made that way?

View Quote
There's just as much of a reason to believe that God created everything five minutes ago in the same manner.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#20]
It takes a whole lot more faith to believe your evolution crap than it does for me to believe in an almighty God.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It takes a whole lot more faith to believe your evolution crap than it does for me to believe in an almighty God.

Good luck.
View Quote

Of course, that ignores the reality that 1)evolution occurred and there is overwhelming evidence for it, and 2)most people who accept the reality that evolution occurs also believe in the Christian God.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There's just as much of a reason to believe that God created everything five minutes ago in the same manner.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or three seconds ago.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to go to the Creation Museum.  It's got to be an absolutely absurd mixture of hilarious and horrifying.

They don't worry about shit like evidence or credibility.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Except when it comes to global warming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Done to death.

Let me guess, it's the same reaction as the other side when "evidence" is proven fraudulent?

Yawn

Actually no.  When scientists who specialize in evolutionary biology find out that evidence is proven false, they adjust their theory.  Because they're scientists and that's what the scientific method is all about.

Except when it comes to global warming.

You do realize that when a Scientist stops using the scientific method then they're not a Scientist anymore right?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#25]
When an anti-theist shill dressed as an objective person can actually explain their "scientific" drivel in a cogent fashion, I might lend them an ear. Later bitches. I'll be clinging to my guns AND religion.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Good luck.
View Quote

^Textbook example of failure in naive induction. A string appearing shorter thanks to transparency inside your neural net doesn't imply vast new expansions to the description of physics outside it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I love these threads, always good for my post count.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am a Charter member of the Creation Museum and I fully agree with their stances and those of Answers in Genesis.

OP's thread  

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Then using that logic, how do you know that cave painting is a horse?  Other than 4 legs, it doesn't look anything like a horse, yet we both know it's a horse.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Because the sketch its much more detailed than a silhouette of something carved on a rock wall?
Take those "elephants", make them into silhouettes, and them try to state with confidence about what they are supposed to be.
You can't. Its going to be subjective, based on what cartoonish elements your mind is able to put together from depictions that are not first hand accounts of anything.

Hell, do the same thing with the horse. Make it a silhouette carved in a rock wall. There is no way you'd be able to guess what it is. Or at least be able to guess with any level of confidence.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Theism, the belief that there was nothing, except a magical man who created himself out of nothing for no reason, then created everything else so he can punish you forever for masturbating because he was bored.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#32]
OP beats a dead horse! Stupid post!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

OP beats a dead horse! Stupid post!
View Quote
TenMile jumps on the wagon, to tell OP his post is stupid.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Good luck.
View Quote

Lying is wrong. I would think you would want to avoid it.

But I guess it's easy to say whatever you want when you don't care if it is absolute bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

But I guess it's easy to say whatever you want when you don't care if it is absolute bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

I'm afraid it may be you that has accepted the lies of this world.

I'm not going to convince you. The world is all the evidence you need.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

Or maybe you have imagined truth where there isn't any.

But you are right...the world has all the evidence I need

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

What "lies", specifically, are you talking about? The evidence for evolution and an old earth don't preclude the existence of God.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Not going to debate the follies of science.

Go to this if you can Creation Seminar and learn how creation happened and the follies and myths of science.

At the very least check out the site.

That is all

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Pretty much this. Intelligent Design is significantly more believable (and, dare I say, requires significantly LESS faith) than the atheistic alternative explanation for the origin of the universe.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Pretty much this. Intelligent Design is significantly more believable (and, dare I say, requires significantly LESS faith) than the atheistic alternative explanation for the origin of the universe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh, it's time...

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Good luck.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

This.

Is still abysmally stupid.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not going to debate the follies of science.

Go to this if you can Creation Seminar and learn how creation happened and the follies and myths of science.

At the very least check out the site.

That is all

View Quote

Would you be willing to go to this site?

Talk Origins

Edited for weird wording
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#44]
God created evolution... so Darwin's doing little more than recognizing a tiny aspect of God's work. Not impressive... on Darwin's part.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

This.

But they love that line so much...
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Actually no.  When scientists who specialize in evolutionary biology find out that evidence is proven false, they adjust their theory.  Because they're scientists and that's what the scientific method is all about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Done to death.

Let me guess, it's the same reaction as the other side when "evidence" is proven fraudulent?

Yawn

Say that out loud, maybe it will help if you actually hear yourself.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Of course, that ignores the reality that 1)evolution occurred and there is overwhelming evidence for it, and 2)most people who accept the reality that evolution occurs also believe in the Christian God.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

The overwhelming evidence you speak of  is base on conclusions and myths that man came up with. There is absolutely no factual evidence.
They can believe in God but do they know Him. The Bible says even the demons believe but they place no faith and trust in Him.
Satan himself believes, after all God threw him out. Now he is trying to take as many as possible to the eternal damnation that he knows is his future.
I'm not sure how someone with any logic or common sense could come to the conclusion that there was a big boom to start it all off and then all of the order and perfection of not just the Earth but the heavens could just fall into place. That takes way more faith and I guess delusion than believing in a Creator. One day everyone will KNOW the truth. Some to eternity with God and some to an eternity of suffering and separation from the God who loved them and gave them every opportunity to accept His Son.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The overwhelming evidence you speak of  is base on conclusions and myths that man came up with. There is absolutely no factual evidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

Totally wrong.  Seriously, no fooling, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Done to death.

Yawn

No, it sounds just the same said aloud.  If you have a point, it might be a good time to try to make it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Hilarious, how dare they have faith in God when they are supposed to have faith in magical evolution. The Bible hasn't changed in 2000 years, but every single day some scientific theory is proven wrong and replaced.

If you could have an account in a bank that has been open for 2000 years, or one that goes out of business and changes names every few days, which would you pick?

Why anyone would gamble with an eternity of feeling literal torture in hell, is beyond me. EVEN if the atheists were somehow right and there is nothing after death, there are still very good reasons to be opposed to evolution. How many of the people selling fetuses at planned parenthood are evolutionists you think (hint: ALL OF THEM).

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top