User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just because the speed limit is 40 doesn't mean you are required to go 40.  They are following the laws.  A car can drive 5 miles an hour down a road with no min speed limit and you just have to deal with it.   Maybe you should understand the laws better.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad, but that's what happens when you ride your fucking bike in the same lane that CARS drive down.

I swear, here in Atlanta cyclists will literally ride in the MIDDLE of busy roads like 141 with no care in the fucking world. Half a mile of cars backed up behind them, literally, I've seen it first hand. Not a fuck given.

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

They have just as much as a right to the road as anyone else.

This is where cycling laws are lacking. It should be illegal for cyclists to even be on roads where they can't maintain proper speed. In the city where roads are 30-35mph they can be a minor problem, but any road with higher speed limits they should be banned outright.

Using cycling logic I should be able to walk slowly down the middle of the highway holding up traffic for miles.......................

Just because the speed limit is 40 doesn't mean you are required to go 40.  They are following the laws.  A car can drive 5 miles an hour down a road with no min speed limit and you just have to deal with it.   Maybe you should understand the laws better.

Well this isn't true

perhaps YOU should

Source: I write tickets for this all the time
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sad.

Come November, in OK, distracted driving due to phones is a primary offense - so there's that.  I don't imagine it will stop texting while driving - it is worth noting though.
View Quote

lol, cannot wait for the GD threads from the cop haters.."pulled over for texting..what bullshit, fucking revenuers"
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sad, but that's what happens when you ride your fucking bike in the same lane that CARS drive down.

I swear, here in Atlanta cyclists will literally ride in the MIDDLE of busy roads like 141 with no care in the fucking world. Half a mile of cars backed up behind them, literally, I've seen it first hand. Not a fuck given.

Fuck cyclists.
View Quote

I have yet to read anything intelligent written by you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fucking right I'll cry about it. Why?

Ride in the fucking bike lane, assholes.[/span]

The bike lane literally travels directly along the road, just 4 feet over where you're not backing up traffic. Is it too fucking hard to move 4 feet over to use your OWN lane, or do asshole cyclists just get a[span style='font-weight: bold;'] kick out of backing up traffic[/span]?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Well, that didn't take long.

<a href="http://s93.photobucket.com/user/VACaver/media/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/VACaver/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg</a>

Fucking right I'll cry about it. Why?

Ride in the fucking bike lane, assholes.[/span]

The bike lane literally travels directly along the road, just 4 feet over where you're not backing up traffic. Is it too fucking hard to move 4 feet over to use your OWN lane, or do asshole cyclists just get a[span style='font-weight: bold;'] kick out of backing up traffic[/span]?

lol, they are elite athletes don't you know?

ETA: Guy was bicycling for affordable housing?  
He is combining 2 things I think suck
Bicycles on the road and lowering the price of housing so some welfare fuck can move in next to me
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well this isn't true

perhaps YOU should

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

This is where cycling laws are lacking. It should be illegal for cyclists to even be on roads where they can't maintain proper speed. In the city where roads are 30-35mph they can be a minor problem, but any road with higher speed limits they should be banned outright.

Using cycling logic I should be able to walk slowly down the middle of the highway holding up traffic for miles.......................

Well this isn't true

perhaps YOU should

Do you write tickets to bicyclists for going too slow?

How about people on horseback or horse-drawn buggy?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:18:57 AM EDT
[#6]
A texter and a cyclist are removed from the roads?

Double win!

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:31:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck cyclists and texting drivers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Um no. The use of roads is a privilege.. not a right. Roads are for automobiles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

Um no. The use of roads is a privilege.. not a right. Roads are for automobiles.

Except the same organization that built said road yields full besetting right for bicycles to use it. Mail your lawmakers.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:38:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gun enthusiasts using a broad brush, classic.
View Quote

Stereotypes exist because they are true.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:05:13 AM EDT
[#10]
at least she wasn't driving drunk

everyone texts, it's a civil right
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:13:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

On the road?

Goddammit right.

I have to get a fucking license then so should cyclists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have nothing personal against cyclists, however, they should be held to the same standards, rules and regulations as drivers. Same goes with scooters.

If I have to pass a test to get a license, as well as take a state mandated course for having an endorsement on my DL for a motorcycle, then so should cyclists and the "I had 10 DUI's and lost my DL and bought a scooter" asshole.

There should be .gov mandated tests/licenses for everything, right?

On the road?

Goddammit right.

I have to get a fucking license then so should cyclists.

Ride a fucking bike - no license, no registration required.  Certain types of vehicles don't require licenses - get over it.

Are you going tell CA farmers they no longer have exemptions from CDLs for Class 8 "farm trucks" Mr. If I have to get a license so should you?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How is this even the same thing?  Where is the wide load or tractor supposed to drive? A bicyclist driving down the middle of the road is just an asshole.
View Quote

So you're OK with being delayed by a 5mph 5000lb vehicle that you physically can't get around but by god that skinny ass 5mph bicycle better pull over so you can pass. The fact that both vehicles are doing 5mph is irrelevant. The fact that both vehicles are legally authorized to use the lane is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

I suggest you notify the legislators that pass the laws you enforce know that roads are solely for automobiles- they missed the memo.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:33:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck inattentive, incompetent drivers.  Hopefully she faces at least manslaughter.

In before we rejoice in the death of another cyclist.

ETA - Cyclists should all have a daylight visible tail light to try and tip the odds a little more in their favor.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Flare_11.jpg
View Quote

yeah, I am going to have to get one of those...

Past month there have been two cyclists hit in my area and I have not been on my bike since..

In one instance the cyclist was going northbound and the driver was going southbound.  Not sure if the cyclist was on the wrong side of the road or what..
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#15]
This thread inspires me to find a local bike trail and walk really slowly down the middle of it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Texting while driving should be something you get a beatdown for.

Texting while driving and then killing someone should be automatic prison.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

at least she wasn't driving drunk

everyone texts, it's a civil right
View Quote
I vote eliminate drunk driving and lump everything together. I dont give a shit if you are eating, texting, tired, getting a BJ, high ,drunk...etc but if you cause and accident or are observed driving erratically the punishment should be the same.

Call it impaired driving, whether drunk or texting you are not able to do your primary job when behind the wheel which is to drive in a safe manner.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This thread inspires me to find a local bike trail and walk really slowly down the middle of it.
View Quote

People do that all the time. :)
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#20]
AR15.COM.  A bastion of freedom advocates pushing for independence from The Man.

Some members keep Freedom on their shirt sleeve all while demanding the .gov regulate more activity.

I'd argue that some of you have learned to love your chains.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Causing the death of another due to being impaired by alcohol drugs phone texting etc should warrant a loss of a driver's license forever and a murder charge period.

You wilfully chose to impair yourself, suffer the consequences.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#22]
I think arfcom hates bicyclists because we can't imagine our fatasses out there riding one more than around the block.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Causing the death of another due to being impaired by alcohol drugs phone texting etc should warrant a loss of a driver's license forever and a murder charge period.

You wilfully chose to impair yourself, suffer the consequences.
View Quote

How about adjusting the radio, moving your visor, reading a billboard?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Some dirt bags in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I live less than a mile from my work.  It would be great to take a moped, bike or walk.   I would have to travel down 2 3 lane highways and cross them.   Nope.  If you bike on a highway you are testing fate, it's only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I live 3 miles from work.  I would love to bike it but would end up being killed by a crappy driver.

Stands to reason why there is so many anti cyclist guys in this thread.  GD isn't known for its fitness level.
View Quote

their fat and statists at heart.
I lulz hard when they mention how cyclists have no right to the road because they don't pay taxes or fees to the govt.
its terrifying that so many gun owners are statists at heat
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The best part is when they run redlights and stop signs because it would take to much effort to get back up to speed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

That is because most them don't know the rules of the road or don't give a shit.

You know that they are idiots when they are riding right at you.

The best part is when they run redlights and stop signs because it would take to much effort to get back up to speed.

About 10 years ago a cyclist was killed right in front of me. He was riding on the shoulder and came to thr stop sign I was at. He blew right through it not realizing that it was a two way stop at a four way intersection. Tahoe broadsided him at 50mph.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

good.

Its arguably more dangerous.

at least a drunk is still looking at the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In 5 years texting while driving will have the same penalties as driving drunk.  Bet on it...

good.

Its arguably more dangerous.

at least a drunk is still looking at the road.

Wait!..perfect storm...drunk driver ...texting while driving..aaaahhhh  the carnage..
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top