Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just because the speed limit is 40 doesn't mean you are required to go 40.  They are following the laws.  A car can drive 5 miles an hour down a road with no min speed limit and you just have to deal with it.  
Maybe you should understand the laws better.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Using cycling logic I should be able to walk slowly down the middle of the highway holding up traffic for miles.......................

Just because the speed limit is 40 doesn't mean you are required to go 40.  They are following the laws.  A car can drive 5 miles an hour down a road with no min speed limit and you just have to deal with it.  
Maybe you should understand the laws better.

Funny you should say that...

You would be pulled over in a heartbeat, and depending on the area, likely ticketed with "impeding the flow of traffic" which is a real offense.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Just because the speed limit is 40 doesn't mean you are required to go 40.  They are following the laws.  A car can drive 5 miles an hour down a road with no min speed limit and you just have to deal with it.   Maybe you should understand the laws better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad, but that's what happens when you ride your fucking bike in the same lane that CARS drive down.

I swear, here in Atlanta cyclists will literally ride in the MIDDLE of busy roads like 141 with no care in the fucking world. Half a mile of cars backed up behind them, literally, I've seen it first hand. Not a fuck given.

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

They have just as much as a right to the road as anyone else.

This is where cycling laws are lacking. It should be illegal for cyclists to even be on roads where they can't maintain proper speed. In the city where roads are 30-35mph they can be a minor problem, but any road with higher speed limits they should be banned outright.

Using cycling logic I should be able to walk slowly down the middle of the highway holding up traffic for miles.......................

Just because the speed limit is 40 doesn't mean you are required to go 40.  They are following the laws.  A car can drive 5 miles an hour down a road with no min speed limit and you just have to deal with it.   Maybe you should understand the laws better.

A perfect example of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

A car going 5mph is being just as much of an asshole as a cyclist going 5mph. Both are being assholes going 5mph on a road where the limit is 45.

The only difference is that cyclists will cry, bitch and moan if anyone complains about it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Oh, so cyclists pay the same taxes and registration fees then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I do.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a road.  If you drive on it, you pay attention and don't hit other things that are on it.

I have had to wait to pass a cyclist on the road one time.  I took 5 seconds.  Funny how some people will rage over that.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad, but that's what happens when you ride your fucking bike in the same lane that CARS drive down.

I swear, here in Atlanta cyclists will literally ride in the MIDDLE of busy roads like 141 with no care in the fucking world. Half a mile of cars backed up behind them, literally, I've seen it first hand. Not a fuck given.

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

Do they pay the same road taxes as everybody else? Does a motorist have a right to drive 15 - 25 mph, blocking traffic in a 30 - 50 mph zone?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Cyclists on the roads piss me off too, but...

Saying he got what was coming/it was a risk, etc. is the same argument used in rape cases when girls press provocatively. Yes, it was stupid, no it's still not their fault.

Case is the same here.

Girl should be tried for manslaughter, easy.

P.S. How long before insurance rates for teenage boys drops lower than girls? The only people they kill is themselves.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes I do.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I do.  

I don't care what you pay. If you're biking along at 8mph in the middle of a lane, on a road that is 55mph, you're being a fucking selfish asshole - period.

Do you *really* feel like you have the right to block 50+ people who are stacking up behind you, because they can't get around you?

Cyclists might just be the worst cases of "special snowflake" I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#8]
[personal attack removed - Paul]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#9]
OMG!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In 5 years texting while driving will have the same penalties as driving drunk.  Bet on it...
View Quote

Then it will be OK for illegals
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

This is where cycling laws are lacking. It should be illegal for cyclists to even be on roads where they can't maintain proper speed. In the city where roads are 30-35mph they can be a minor problem, but any road with higher speed limits they should be banned outright.

Obstruction of Public Streets, Highways and Roads "It is unlawful for any person or persons willfully to obstruct the free, convenient, and normal use of any public street, highway, or road by impeding, hindering, stifling, retarding, or restraining traffic or passage thereon. . . ." You can drive or ride under the speed limit so long as you don't impede, hinder, stifle, et c. the normal flow of traffic. You absolutely do not have the right to drive or ride at 20 mph in a 45 mph zone with traffic backed up, unable to pass you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
3400 abortions today
View Quote

3400 fewer assholes to be texting on their Obama phones & driving in 16 years.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't care what you pay. If you're biking along at 8mph in the middle of a lane, on a road that is 55mph, you're being a fucking selfish asshole - period.

Do you *really* feel like you have the right to block 50+ people who are stacking up behind you, because they can't get around you?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I do.  

You're moving the goal line.  

What if they aren't impeding the movement of traffic?  Do all cyclist do impede the movement of traffic when they ride?  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, that didn't take long.

<a href="http://s93.photobucket.com/user/VACaver/media/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/VACaver/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Well, that didn't take long.

<a href="http://s93.photobucket.com/user/VACaver/media/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/VACaver/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg</a>

easy fix.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I enjoy a good bike ride, but I always have to put by bike in the truck to get to the offroad trails.
See, I paid for road use via my truck reg.
Way too much chance of getting squished on a 2-3 mile pavement ride, with no bike lane present, to reach the trailhead.
Some of you fuckers are way too far gone to reason with.

These threads are always good for a lock or 2.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So bicyclist have the right to ride side by side at 15 MPH in the middle of a road that has a 55 MPH speed limit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

So bicyclist have the right to ride side by side at 15 MPH in the middle of a road that has a 55 MPH speed limit?

Does a wide load or tractor have the right to use the whole lane at 15mph and move over when there is space to do so?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fuck inattentive, incompetent drivers.  Hopefully she faces at least manslaughter.

In before we rejoice in the death of another cyclist.

ETA - Cyclists should all have a daylight visible tail light to try and tip the odds a little more in their favor.

View Quote

Didn't help me or my wife when some inattentive fuck ran us both over - 3-lane road, zero traffic, 7am on a Saturday, not riding into the sun, etc.  And yes, fuck inattentive drivers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#18]
If you're going to text and drive make damn sure you have a passcode on your phone.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not required to pay taxes/fees but bicycles are allowed to use the traffic lanes by definition in the VC. So basically your point is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#20]

people who text and drive are stupid
NOTHING can be that important.
if its a life or death situation pull the fuck over and send your text or put both hands on the wheel and drive it like you stole it until you get to where your emergency is
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I enjoy a good bike ride, but I always have to put by bike in the truck to get to the offroad trails.

See, I paid for road use via my truck reg.

Way too much chance of getting squished on a 2-3 mile pavement ride, with no bike lane present, to reach the trailhead.

Some of you fuckers are way too far gone to reason with.

These threads are always good for a lock or 2.
View Quote
They are funny as hell.    I love watching pro gun people use the same kind of logic the antis use by generalizing the bad habits of some riders to all riders.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Does a wide load or tractor have the right to use the whole lane at 15mph and move over when there is space to do so?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

Yes, because they get prior permission to do so.

The literally inform every county they travel through, and get permission. That, and there are no alternatives.

Ya know, they don't have a special "wide load" lane 4 fucking feet over like cyclists do.

Cyclists have an alternative, they just choose not to use it because they are assholes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Guy should have had this bicycle,his trip would have been over in no time

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I ride OKC, mostly sidewalks and parking lots and still feel like I'm playing frogger
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Texting while driving should carry the same penalty as impaired driving.

It is just as dangerous and is killing and maiming people in the name of entitlement mentality and ignoring the rules of the road.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#26]
A man bicycling across America to raise money for affordable housing died after being hit by a car in western Oklahoma Thursday morning.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Obstruction of Public Streets, Highways and Roads "It is unlawful for any person or persons willfully to obstruct the free, convenient, and normal use of any public street, highway, or road by impeding, hindering, stifling, retarding, or restraining traffic or passage thereon. . . ." You can drive or ride under the speed limit so long as you don't impede, hinder, stifle, et c. the normal flow of traffic. You absolutely do not have the right to drive or ride at 20 mph in a 45 mph zone with traffic backed up, unable to pass you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

So there are asshole motorists (although GD doesn't call tractors, Amish buggies or wide loads "assholes") and cyclists that can be cited.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm gonna say that these bike haters are most likely wide loads themselves.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#29]
1) Cyclists are legally able to use many roads.
2) The laws of physics do not care what the laws of man might allow.
3) As a cyclist, it might be better to be alive and riding on a bike path, than dead having ridden on a roadway because the law says you could.
4) What you can legally do, and what you should do, are often at odds.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Lots of in here!

Sad story .
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
3400 abortions today
View Quote

People that rail on this forget that it isn't primarily upper class teens getting these.
Mostly people that are otherwise unfit or unprepared for parenthood.

You can't have it both ways, fsa haters should LOVE ABORTION.

Forgot to add:
Hate freedom dbag? Leave if you don't like the laws, funny quips on the internet don't make you better than anyone.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What's really sad is your post.  

Click
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

What's really sad is your post.  

Click

Its realistic.  Are we gonna change peoples behavior? No.   Whether poor threat assessment, or driving while distracted, the responsible person accounts for idiots while motoring.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Texting while driving should carry the same penalty as impaired driving.

It is just as dangerous and is killing and maiming people in the name of entitlement mentality and ignoring the rules of the road.
View Quote

It has become an epidemic. Around atlanta I truly feel like I see more people texting and driving than I do NOT texting.

It makes me homicidal. How hard is it to just fucking pay attention?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

No. They do not have a right to do that.

But usually they have permission.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

Don't wide load trucks have special permits for their inherently obnoxious driving?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Sad, but fuck cyclists.
RIP
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes, because they get prior permission to do so.

The literally inform every county they travel through, and get permission. That, and there are no alternatives.

Ya know, they don't have a special "wide load" lane 4 fucking feet over like cyclists do.

Cyclists have an alternative, they just choose not to use it because they are assholes.
View Quote

So it's OK to impede others if you get permission from the .gov?  Interesting...........

We have lots of slow moving vineyard equipment on the two lane roads around here - none of it requires special permitting.  They just putt along at 20 mph on a 45mph road...............

Around here there is maybe 20 miles of dedicated multi-use path and only major surface streets have designated bike lanes - so the "alternative" you speak of isn't exactly there in all cases.  That said - we have tons of cyclists on the roads and very few car vs bicycle incidents.  The ones we do have have been DUI motorists or mentally unstable geriatrics that literally chase down cyclists onto a golf course...........
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm pro life.

I'm also pro-sterilization for long-term welfare/EBT recipients.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Like that ticket would hold up.  I have seen old ass drivers going 20 in a 40 many of times.  That is just a pretext to pull someone over.  There is a lot of farmers in my area and they drive tractors that barely go 5 on the roads all the time.  I have never met anyone ever that got a ticket for impending the speed of traffic.  And I have seen many a redneck pulling another vehicle with a hemp rope going very slow.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I have bicycle riders in the middle of the county highway acting like they own the middle.....on a road highly trafficked by farmers and heavy farm machinery
I can hardly wait to come across one of them texting while biking...
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank goodness it was only a human and not a lion she turned into roadkill.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#42]
I have bicycle riders in the middle of the county highway acting like they own the middle.....on a road highly trafficked by farmers and heavy farm machinery
I can hardly wait to come across one of them texting while biking...</s>
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Like that ticket would hold up.  I have seen old ass drivers going 20 in a 40 many of times.  That is just a pretext to pull someone over.  There is a lot of farmers in my area and they drive tractors that barely go 5 on the roads all the time.  I have never met anyone ever that got a ticket for impending the speed of traffic.  And I have seen many a redneck pulling another vehicle with a hemp rope going very slow.

View Quote

That's why I said depending on the area, and it would most certainly hold up here if you were as much of a jerk in court as you were on the road.

You're in OK, mostly flat and straight, you don't get backed up behind slow moving vehicles because you have plenty of opportunities to pass.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#44]
In this part of OK Hwy 66 is twisty, hilly, and has 0 shoulder over most of it. Last week I came over a hill going 65 and two bicycles were riding in the road two wide. They do a big bicycle ride every year and I'm just waiting for the fatality accident. A few have been clipped by mirrors but they come back every year. Just because you can doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Don't wide load trucks have special permits for their inherently obnoxious driving?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

Wide/oversize loads generally do have special permits.  As I said earlier I find it amusing that people on this site find it acceptable when a .gov permit is obtained but bitches & whines about bicycles not being required to pay reg fees and "blocking" traffic.  I did a short 20 mile ride yesterday - mostly on two lane road w/o a bike lane - and I delayed one car for maybe 10 seconds as he waited for the oncoming P/U to clear us so he could move over the full lane and safely pass me.  Imagine the horror when I saw the driver wave as he passed me
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

cyclists are SUPPOSED to ride more in the middle of the lane instead of hugging the side of the road where there is little or no shoulder present.  This makes it safer for the cyclist by making cars go around you at a safe distance instead of squeezing by you in the same lane.  Rules of the road.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#47]
MULTI-tasking is beyond some people...maybe most.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#48]
I nearly killed a bicycle rider this week and I wasn't texting. I came around a curve where the speed limit is 60 mph and trees created a momentary blind spot. As soon as I'm around the corner, I find the rider in my lane, in the middle of the road doing about 10 mph. There's a truck coming at me in the other lane, leaving me only one option, which is to slam on the brakes and drive into the ditch. I literally passed the guy while sliding through the fucking ditch and could have been seriously injured or killed myself.

His reaction? He never even acknowledged me. Just kept pedaling. So with that in mind...

Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

People that rail on this forget that it isn't primarily upper class teens getting these.

Forgot to add:
Hate freedom dbag? Leave if you don't like the laws, funny quips on the internet don't make you better than anyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3400 abortions today

Forgot to add:

Nice personal attack at him. By the way, do you have the freedom to kill your child if you feel like it?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In this part of OK Hwy 66 is twisty, hilly, and has 0 shoulder over most of it. Last week I came over a hill going 65 and two bicycles were riding in the road two wide. They do a big bicycle ride every year and I'm just waiting for the fatality accident. A few have been clipped by mirrors but they come back every year. Just because you can doesn't mean it's a good idea.

View Quote

Wha's the speed limit on that section of Hwy 66?  Roads around here I would describe as "twisty, hilly" are 45mph speed limits.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top