User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#1]
in other news, girl texting across America off to a bad start
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck inattentive, incompetent drivers.  Hopefully she faces at least manslaughter.

In before we rejoice in the death of another cyclist.

ETA - Cyclists should all have a daylight visible tail light to try and tip the odds a little more in their favor.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
And bicycle riders still want to use the same roads .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Sad.

Come November, in OK, distracted driving due to phones is a primary offense - so there's that.  I don't imagine it will stop texting while driving - it is worth noting though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]
That sucks......
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#6]

See...Loud pipes save lives.

ETA....Rest in Peace

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
So much for affordable housing...
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#8]
66 year old guy here was killed this week on his motorcycle. Rear ended by a 22 year old who was texting.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm on an elevator straight to Hell.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Sad, but that's what happens when you ride your fucking bike in the same lane that CARS drive down.

I swear, here in Atlanta cyclists will literally ride in the MIDDLE of busy roads like 141 with no care in the fucking world. Half a mile of cars backed up behind them, literally, I've seen it first hand. Not a fuck given.

Fuck cyclists.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
66 year old guy here was killed this week on his motorcycle. Rear ended by a 22 year old who was texting.
View Quote

And motorcyclists still want to use the same roads?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#12]
3400 abortions today
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Driver need to be charged with the bicyclist's death. Negligence on her part.

This is why I no longer own a motorcycle. It was fun in the 80's before cell phones.
Way too dangerous now with distracted drivers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Texting while driving should result in an instant loss of your drivers license forever. We really need to increase the testing standards so morons like her don't ever drive in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sad, but that's what happens when you ride your fucking bike in the same lane that CARS drive down.

I swear, here in Atlanta cyclists will literally ride in the MIDDLE of busy roads like 141 with no care in the fucking world. Half a mile of cars backed up behind them, literally, I've seen it first hand. Not a fuck given.

Fuck cyclists.
View Quote

Really?

They have just as much as a right to the road as anyone else.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.
View Quote

Well, that didn't take long.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fuck inattentive, incompetent drivers.  Hopefully she faces at least manslaughter.

Cyclists should all have a daylight visible tail light to try and tip the odds a little more in their favor.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Flare_11.jpg
View Quote

No rejoicing at all but bikes and cars are a bad mix.  I wouldn't put humans that close to machinery of that weight moving at that speed in my shop without a light curtain or physical guards nor would OSHA allow it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ETA - Cyclists should all have a daylight visible tail light to try and tip the odds a little more in their favor.

View Quote

They say anti-texting laws have made things worse. Instead of holding her phone as shown in the pic, where she can somewhat still see the road - now they hold thier phone in their lap and have to look down to avoid being caught by the police.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#21]

She told troopers she was distracted by looking at her phone when she hit the bicyclists...
View Quote

So, inattentive and stupid.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Texting while driving should result in an instant loss of your drivers license forever. We really need to increase the testing standards so morons like her don't ever drive in the first place.
View Quote

It wouldn't work. Just like DUIs, they'd get a lawyer and plea to some lower bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.
View Quote

What's really sad is your post.  

Click
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Driver need to be charged with the bicyclist's death. Negligence on her part.

This is why I no longer own a motorcycle. It was fun in the 80's before cell phones.
Way too dangerous now with distracted drivers.
View Quote

I once had a girl slam into my neighbors parked car across the street going about 20mph because she was looking at her phone.

Thank goodness it was too early for kids to be out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s93.photobucket.com/user/VACaver/media/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/VACaver/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

<a href="http://s93.photobucket.com/user/VACaver/media/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/VACaver/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg</a>

Fucking right I'll cry about it. Why?

Because there's a perfectly good bike lane that the county built for you. Why not ride in THAT motherfucker instead of in front of me, backing up traffic and making me get home 20 minutes later than I should have?

Ride in the fucking bike lane, assholes.

The bike lane literally travels directly along the road, just 4 feet over where you're not backing up traffic. Is it too fucking hard to move 4 feet over to use your OWN lane, or do asshole cyclists just get a kick out of backing up traffic?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They say anti-texting laws have made things worse. Instead of holding her phone as shown in the pic, where she can somewhat still see the road - now they hold thier phone in their lap and have to look down to avoid being caught by the police.
View Quote

I believe it. I see it every day around my area. Anecdotal, I know, but I still believe it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Seriously.

Cyclists have a right to be hit by cars they share they road with; just like other vehicles do!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

I've seen the same thing here.  A few months ago I was out on the motorcycle and got behind two busses in the mountains.  They were stuck behind two idiot cyclists.  These two were letting their little exercise time hold up literally 120+ people.  The bus drives finally passed them on a little straight and one biker flipped them off.  Classy.  If I was the bus driver, after a few minutes, I would have laid on the horn and not let up until they pulled over enough to pass.
We're talking about 10mph humping it uphill, in a 35-45 zone.  Little thing called "impeding traffic"

It's sad, but it shouldn't be all that surprising, given the nature of drivers in the US today.  You wouldn't catch me on a busy street on a bike unless there was a separate bike path or empty sidewalk to ride on.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#29]
A man bicycling across America to raise money for affordable housing
View Quote

Sucks for his Loved Ones, but riding a bicycle across the country is an inherent high risk, after all, roadways are the
most dangerous places in America.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
roadways are the most dangerous places in America.
View Quote

Unless you're white in south Chicago or East St Louis...
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm right there with ya.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No rejoicing at all but bikes and cars are a bad mix.  I wouldn't put humans that close to machinery of that weight moving at that speed in my shop without a light curtain or physical guards nor would OSHA allow it.
View Quote

This is why I would not ride a bike or jog in the road or along the shoulder.   It is also why I assume that everyone coming towards me in the opposite direction has to be watched until they are past me...just in case they drift into my lane.

If you are not driving this defensively, you should...as should your spouse, kids, etc.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

So bicyclist have the right to ride side by side at 15 MPH in the middle of a road that has a 55 MPH speed limit?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This is why I would not ride a bike or jog in the road or along the shoulder.   It is also why I assume that everyone coming towards me in the opposite direction has to be watched until they are past me...just in case they drift into my lane.

If you are not driving this defensively, you should...as should your spouse, kids, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ride a bike (motorcycle) a lot, so I'm always of the mindset that anyone on the road could actively try to kill me at any moment.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Riding motorcycles and bicycles on public roads involves too much trust in the actions of others.
No thanks, I will stick to the dirt for I have no desire to end my life alongside some stinking road. I'll stick to the woods..
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#36]
In 5 years texting while driving will have the same penalties as driving drunk.  Bet on it...
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Fuck cyclists and texting drivers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Boy, this escalated quickly.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know.  Them and those pesky motorcycle riders.  The gall!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Maybe he needed some loud pipes

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

As a cyclist, them interrupting traffic does bother me, not to the point where I wish death on them obviously.

Back home in the states and here, I have to pay for the ability to use the road, and it's upkeep.  Cyclists down, that's why there's bike trails.  Use them, or start paying the same taxes and fees as the rest of the people using the road.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Motorcycles don't usually impede the flow of traffic.  Unless they're a bunch of HD pirates.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, so cyclists pay the same taxes and registration fees then?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
roadways are the most dangerous places in America.

That's double the risk, hell that's just suicide
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Laws and politicians that cater to bicyclists are no better than those who pander to, for example, illegals.

This whole "equal rights to the road" thing is bullshit.  As someone else pointed, if the road was a workplace, OHSA would never in a million years allow bicyclists to operate on the same lane as cars, trucks, and buses.  Shit, the unions would BITCH if they tried it.  Fucking funny how people's mind work.  Something that dangerous, they'll fight for it as long as there is some politician standing there willing to make it a "protected class".  Everyone wants to feel special, like they "make a difference"......even if that means holding up a line of traffic trying to get up a mountain pass, just so you don't have to get off your bike for a minute.  Seriously - human nature, and politics, illuminated.  Ugly.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#46]
I live 3 miles from work.  I would love to bike it but would end up being killed by a crappy driver.

Stands to reason why there is so many anti cyclist guys in this thread.  GD isn't known for its fitness level.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

This is where cycling laws are lacking. It should be illegal for cyclists to even be on roads where they can't maintain proper speed. In the city where roads are 30-35mph they can be a minor problem, but any road with higher speed limits they should be banned outright.

Using cycling logic I should be able to walk slowly down the middle of the highway holding up traffic for miles.......................

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

In hell, that's where I'll meet you. Say, over by the entrance on the first Sunday after we both get there. I'll be wearing t-shirt and shorts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is where cycling laws are lacking. It should be illegal for cyclists to even be on roads where they can't maintain proper speed. In the city where roads are 30-35mph they can be a minor problem, but any road with higher speed limits they should be banned outright.

Using cycling logic I should be able to walk slowly down the middle of the highway holding up traffic for miles.......................

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

Just because the speed limit is 40 doesn't mean you are required to go 40.  They are following the laws.  A car can drive 5 miles an hour down a road with no min speed limit and you just have to deal with it.   Maybe you should understand the laws better.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just because the speed limit is 40 doesn't mean you are required to go 40.  They are following the laws.  A car can drive 5 miles an hour down a road with no min speed limit and you just have to deal with it.   Maybe you should understand the laws better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cyclists.

Really?

lol no.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top