BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

why a better return on 1 oz? An ounce is an ounce, it's all the same...unless of course you got some rare collectible coins. If anything buying 1oz coins are more expensive when you consider the over the spot price.  The best deals are in buying bulk 10oz or 100oz bars.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just bought my first ever 10oz bar of silver the other day.

ETA:  Hope to buy another one every payday for awhile.
you money buy what you like, but you would get a better eventual return with 1 oz bars or rounds.   Just saying.  You do whatever is right for you.    

why a better return on 1 oz? An ounce is an ounce, it's all the same...unless of course you got some rare collectible coins. If anything buying 1oz coins are more expensive when you consider the over the spot price.  The best deals are in buying bulk 10oz or 100oz bars.

Recommend that you read this thread by Pike, a PM dealer. Interesting info re the larger bars to include the 100oz.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/1764323_Pike_s_Silver_Thread.html

3) Buy in small denominations. 10 ounce bar or rounds or smaller. DO NOT buy 100 ounce bars. Banks and dealers hate 100 ounce bars. They can be salted and they are hard to move. if you come to me with a 100 ounce bar worth $2,000 at spot, I will offer you $1,700 for it. And you will take it, because that's what all of the other banks and dealers will offer you as well. Stay away.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just Curious...

At what price will You start investing in Gold and Silver?

Gold is at $1091.00 an ounce this morning.

View Quote

It's not really an investment, it's speculation - and even then, only if you have money to burn.   Otherwise it's a hedge.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Whenever it gets under $15 I buy a monster box each week.

I sold off most of what I had back a few years ago...I made a shitload of money.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Recommend that you read this thread by Pike, a PM dealer. Interesting info re the larger bars to include the 100oz.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/1764323_Pike_s_Silver_Thread.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just bought my first ever 10oz bar of silver the other day.

ETA:  Hope to buy another one every payday for awhile.
you money buy what you like, but you would get a better eventual return with 1 oz bars or rounds.   Just saying.  You do whatever is right for you.    

3) Buy in small denominations. 10 ounce bar or rounds or smaller. DO NOT buy 100 ounce bars. Banks and dealers hate 100 ounce bars. They can be salted and they are hard to move. if you come to me with a 100 ounce bar worth $2,000 at spot, I will offer you $1,700 for it. And you will take it, because that's what all of the other banks and dealers will offer you as well. Stay away.

da fuq? Have you never looked at any of the major dealers online? Provident, APMex, ect. 100oz Bars are usually $1 over spot to buy and the bid spot price to sell back to them...just saying. Sure bars can be salted but there are easy tests that can be done to spot counterfeits.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Serious question.

If SHTF and our economy collapses.......

Who is going to buy that stash of Gold?

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:26:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Historic gold coins are a lot of fun.

With gold being overvalued at the moment, I've passed on some historic pieces lately that I would have enjoyed having.

But not if it's value drops by a couple hundred in a few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was thinking about buying some (gold) just because it looks cool

Historic gold coins are a lot of fun.

With gold being overvalued at the moment, I've passed on some historic pieces lately that I would have enjoyed having.

But not if it's value drops by a couple hundred in a few years.

I was thinking something like these

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

da fuq? Have you never looked at any of the major dealers online? Provident, APMex, ect. 100oz Bars are usually $1 over spot to buy and the bid spot price to sell back to them...just saying. Sure bars can be salted but there are easy tests that can be done to spot counterfeits.
View Quote

All good. I'm not a dealer nor am I an expert. Pike is a dealer and the quote I gave is his. It make sense to me so I suppose I'll follow it. Clearly it's your option to do as you see fit and I wish you the best of luck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:48:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Never, I invest in stocks/bonds, PMs are not an investment they are insurance against inflation and/or apocalyptic cataclysms.

Too many nitwits confuse the two and wonder why their investment hasn't turned a profit in years or worse has sustained heavy losses. Woe unto those who bought gold at 1800 dollars and spend their days telling themselves "it will shoot up to $3,000 any minute now!"
View Quote

This for sure.  Gold/Silver just are not a good place to be, ever, compared to pretty much any real investment.

Even in the apocalypse I don't see it as useful.  First currency will be food and ammo.  It'll be a long time down the road before things are re-established and gold/silver would be worth *anything* again.  Next time around they may not ever be worth anything.  It could be other metals.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:01:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Never, I invest in stocks/bonds, PMs are not an investment they are insurance against inflation and/or apocalyptic cataclysms.

Too many nitwits confuse the two and wonder why their investment hasn't turned a profit in years or worse has sustained heavy losses. Woe unto those who bought gold at 1800 dollars and spend their days telling themselves "it will shoot up to $3,000 any minute now!"

View Quote
I bought mine at $5.00 and should have cashed out when it hit $47.00

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This for sure.  Gold/Silver just are not a good place to be, ever, compared to pretty much any real investment.

Even in the apocalypse I don't see it as useful.  First currency will be food and ammo.  It'll be a long time down the road before things are re-established and gold/silver would be worth *anything* again.  Next time around they may not ever be worth anything.  It could be other metals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullets?  Absolutely but I'm not storing for resale though. I have ammo on hand so that I can shoot whenever I want, without concern of price and availability fluctuations. I also plan on being able to hand a rifle and pistol to my offspring and theirs as well as a case or two of ammo for each. So there's that.  The downside to "investing" in ammo, at least from my perspective, is that confiscation under some type of Arsenal law is quite possible. Not sure how probable but weapons and weapon related items such as ammo stir huge emotions and anything could happen. If nothing else Obama has taught us that the Constitution of these United States is nothing more than toilet paper given the right administration.

As for PMs  they're a hedge, nothing more and I'm not sure exactly that they fit into the traditional definition of a commodity hedge anyomore or at least for the time being. Way too much speculation going on right now which is a unique variable driving prices. Still and all it's smart to have something transferable and tangible on hand for bumpy sections in life. How much is the question....I've read 5-10% of net worth, maybe a bit more. That's too much for me to swallow but a few 10's of thousands in PMs makes sense.

In terms of real investing the sweet spot is stocks/bonds/other vehicles and this is where exponential growth of money happens, over time. Yes there is risk but that can be mitigated through various strategies and proper planning. Pretty simple actually.

Anyone buying heavily into PMs (or ammo....) that doesn't truly understand the market, as well as real estate,  is not going to financially do well in life. I would suggest this....If you feel the need to have $.25M in Silver on hand it would be wise to also have $2.5M in the market or a bit more....
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Never.

The taxes on metals make it an absurd investment.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll take shit I will ever waste my money on for $1,000 Alex
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/ag3650nyb.gif

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/au3650nyb.gif

Compare that to the S&P500 in the same time frame
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/395/20192594681_310be397bf_b.jpg

Take special note of the marker placed at July 2011. PM have crapped the bed while my wealth continues to grow.
To make the comparison worse, how often did your gold split? Does silver pay dividends?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are hedges, not investments.  I don't feel the need to dump a bunch of money into depreciating commodities, so no shiny metal for me.

Take special note of the marker placed at July 2011. PM have crapped the bed while my wealth continues to grow.
To make the comparison worse, how often did your gold split? Does silver pay dividends?

Thanks, I came here to say that.

You realize it will fall on deaf ears don't you?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll start buying gold somewhere around the $400 level.   If the Fed actually starts raising interest rates that's where it's going over the next 2 years.

One thing you guys need to understand:  Since gold is priced in US $, when you buy gold you are short the dollar.   Gold is only good as a hedge to your dollar assets.   If the SHTF no one is going to care about gold, they are going to care about food, water, shelter, ammo.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are hedges, not investments.  I don't feel the need to dump a bunch of money into depreciating commodities, so no shiny metal for me.

Well, If I can place a SPECIAL MARKER, anywhere back in time, I'll take Apple Stock in 2001!

I bought PMs around 2000, I'm still in a comfortable position.

I do agree though , it's a hedge. If you think the dollar will stay the strongest currency in the world for the rest of your life, don't fool with it.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:57:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
snip....

Well, If I can place a SPECIAL MARKER, anywhere back in time, I'll take Apple Stock in 2001!

I do agree though , it's a hedge. If you think the dollar will stay the strongest currency in the world for the rest of your life, don't fool with it.  
View Quote

There's a young lady that I used to work with that heavily invested to Apple around that time frame or maybe a little earlier. She did so at the advice of her dad and I want to say that she invested in AAPL almost exclusively. I gave her consul 7 or 8 years ago that this was risky and she should diversify.

She didn't take my advice then and kept the stock but she did diversify about 2 months ago......being that she's 41, made well into the M's on that stock and is now retiring on the money she made.  Who knew? I guess she and her Dad did....
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Op has a point, as the US economy gets stronger the price of gold and silver will go down, as investors pull their money out and reinvest in the US for bigger returns.  If you are looking to invest, buy some land or a house.  In most parts of the country it is a better investment.

If its for insurance/apocalyptic reasons buy 5.56 gold will be useless against Zombies!!!

As for real numbers I don't know, gold has lost a lot of value. I think its high was nearly 1700 a ounce.  There will always be a demand for gold so what is the low limit?  I have no clue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Op has a point, as the US economy gets stronger the price of gold and silver will go down, as investors pull their money out and reinvest in the US for bigger returns.  If you are looking to invest, buy some land or a house.  In most parts of the country it is a better investment.

If its for insurance/apocalyptic reasons buy 5.56 gold will be useless against Zombies!!!

As for real numbers I don't know, gold has lost a lot of value. I think its high was nearly 1700 a ounce.  There will always be a demand for gold so what is the low limit?  I have no clue.

Knows his stuff
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Knows his stuff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knows his stuff

Not necessarily true where silver is concerned. As the economy gets better silver is used even more in industry. The planet is not growing more silver. Silver will always be in demand in industry, jewelry, and a safeguard against fiat currencies. At current silver price it can be also looked to as an investment. If you are relatively out of debt, have a 403 or IRA account it could be wise to own a certain amount of silver or gold. I like silver better than gold especially at current prices. Don't have all your eggs in one basket.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#19]
land and real estate are always better than gold/silver.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes but nobody can buy $100 or $1000 worth of land.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There's a young lady that I used to work with that heavily invested to Apple around that time frame or maybe a little earlier. She did so at the advice of her dad and I want to say that she invested in AAPL almost exclusively. I gave her consul 7 or 8 years ago that this was risky and she should diversify.

She didn't take my advice then and kept the stock but she did diversify about 2 months ago......being that she's 41, made well into the M's on that stock and is now retiring on the money she made.  Who knew? I guess she and her Dad did....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip....

Nah, your advice was good. They just essentially hit the lottery.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

plenty of parcels of land out west that are around $1000
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Lol, there are varying levels of SHTF.  Zombies and EMP, sure, nobody is going to want metals.  But economic turmoil covers a lot of ground, and wealth usually just doesn't disappear overnight. Someone will buy, either at home or abroad.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
With premium M193 ball available for under $0.31 shipped in high volume, why would you buy any PMs?  Plot the street price of Lake City or IMI 5.56mm ball over the past 15 years and I suspect it would have outperformed many of our portfolios.  Plus if you're ever in a situation where you really need your gold or PM, you probably would prefer to just have more of that 5.56mm ball.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
With premium M193 ball available for under $0.31 shipped in high volume, why would you buy any PMs?  Plot the street price of Lake City or IMI 5.56mm ball over the past 15 years and I suspect it would have outperformed many of our portfolios.  Plus if you're ever in a situation where you really need your gold or PM, you probably would prefer to just have more of that 5.56mm ball.

Quoted:
Serious question.

PM's are easier to store. It's a hedge against Dollar devaluation 50,60 years from now when I am an old man. Not a zombie apocalypse, shtf fantasy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lol, there are varying levels of SHTF.  Zombies and EMP, sure, nobody is going to want metals.  But economic turmoil covers a lot of ground, and wealth usually just doesn't disappear overnight. Someone will buy, either at home or abroad.
View Quote

The only metal one will want is CU and PB with which ohe may defend him/herself.  Selco in SHTFSchool talks about how no one wanted gold or silver during the civil war.  Food and boolits came first.  Got your 3 B's?

Turning to whether wealth may disappear overnight, if such wealth is held in currency (as opposed to money), it can literally vanish.  Examples are: Weimar Germany, post-WW I Austria and Hungary, Zimbabwe (one family went from comfortable middle class to not being able to afford a loaf of bread in two week's time), China (between their revolution and 1949 they had plenty of hyper-inflation), Cyprus (remember the haircut) and Argentina (where the entire middle class was wiped out overnight when the banks were closed).  Now, traditional tangible forms of wealth doesn't vanish overnight.  What is that?  Land, art and metals.

Here's a great interview with Reaganite and ex-Asst. Sect. of the Treasury, Paul Craig Roberts.  He explains metals manipulation:  http://kingworldnews.com/dr-paul-craig-roberts-8-1-15/
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm holding off on gold for a bit.  I have a little over an ounce of various gram denomination bars.

Bought some silver recently (initially bought at about 20).  Couple 5-10oz and 250gram bars now and then.  Not much as the prices still inch downward, but enough get my average total cost lower.

Palladium is another I'm looking at.  It was 900 not long ago, and it's almost at 600 now.

Also buying bullets and other stocks too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, but you can get close......CSRSX ,FARCX, etc...
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

snip....

Nah, your advice was good. They just essentially hit the lottery.
View Quote

I know but still.....  Her dad is an Apple Acolyte and fanatical. I belive that she's finally diversified now that she's looking at an exit strategy though I think dad is still about all in. I've got some apple in some of my funds but I pay a guy to take care of all that!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd be a buyer of gold at $750.00  Silver in the twelves.

ETA:  Real Estate is my gig.  I'm always buying that.  Not bare land but income property.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Serious question.

View Quote

If SHTF happens and our economy collapses....

Who is going to buy your portfolio of stocks?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

And THIS is the reason paid off income property is where I'm at.

My grandparents on both sides of my family had paid off income property through the depression.

Both of my Parents were teens during the depression and both had to work their arses off to help support their families,
BUT, and this is a big BUT.... they didn't starve, due to the PAID OFF INCOME PROPERTIES!!

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Serious question.

View Quote

Eventually (maybe) order will be restored. And whatever currency comes out on top, you should be able to exchange your PM for. $100 in gold should get you the same purchasing power in whatever the new currency is that $100 US dollars gets now. Hedging your bets. Or maybe that 1oz gold eagle is what gets you that last tank of gas that gets you to your BO location. Who knows.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My grandparents on both sides of my family had paid off income property through the depression.

Both of my Parents were teens during the depression and both had to work their arses off to help support their families,
BUT, and this is a big BUT.... they didn't starve, due to the PAID OFF INCOME PROPERTIES!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

How will your tenants keep paying rent if the economy collapsed and they lost their jobs?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How will your tenants keep paying rent if the economy collapsed and they lost their jobs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question.  Landlords got stiffed during the Great Depression.  Or was what your family invested in farm property?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Serious question.

View Quote

SHTF covers a lot of ground. Shit doesn't always hit every fan in the room. Some fans can handle shit better than others.

Many people are alive today because their ancestors jumped ship and relocated to a cleaner fan. Portable wealth allows you to take your savings with you and buy passage to where you're going.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Good question. Landlords got stiffed during the Great Depression. Or was what your family invested in farm property?
View Quote

With their, (and my) paid off real estate portfolio, my only expenses in life are my property taxes.  If things got that desperate, I could cut my
maintenance budget to near zero.

If my tenant income was cut by 75%, with PAID OFF income property, I would still have food on my table.

Even in a depression, people will need a place to sleep.  

Believe me, I have nearly a hundred years of family experience to back up my theory.

Unless my grandparents and parents were lying to me.  Oh CRAP.  I've been lied to.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

With their, (and my) paid off real estate portfolio, my only expenses in life are my property taxes.  If things got that desperate, I could cut my

If my tenant income was cut by 75%, with PAID OFF income property, I would still have food on my table.

Believe me, I have nearly a hundred years of family experience to back up my theory.

Unless my grandparents and parents were lying to me.  Oh CRAP.  I've been lied to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good question. Landlords got stiffed during the Great Depression. Or was what your family invested in farm property?

"Rich" property owners will be hit hard with property tax increases to pay off the huge municipal pensions that have been promised. Have you factored this into your calculations?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#38]
"Rich" property owners will be hit hard with property tax increases to pay off the huge municipal pensions that have been promised. Have you factored this into your calculations?
View Quote

That is my biggest concern in a SHTF scenario.

However, during the Great Depression, that was, for the most part, a non issue, even in Metro areas of Los Angeles and Boston, where my Grand Parents
had their properties.

It is something that I worry about, however.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I invest in Guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

However, during the Great Depression, that was, for the most part, a non issue, even in Metro areas of Los Angeles and Boston, where my Grand Parents
had their properties.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

had their properties.

I hope I haven't come across as a jerk with my posts, just trying to think of what may happen. I own two homes and a business and some rental property(commercial) as well. And equities. And a little gold and silver. Just hoping the diversification will get my family thru any future situation.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Fraglord - I don't think you're being elusive or a "jerk" about your holdings or your family's holdings during the Great Depression. Still, I'm curious as to what type of property?

If you have good tenants during the Great Depression (not everyone was unemployed), they paid the rent.  Other landlords weren't so lucky as tenants would stiff them, get evicted and move onto the next landlord.  Benjamin Roth wrote about it in his book, The Great Depression: A Diary.  He also mentioned how some commercial property never recovered either (when America rebuilt in the '50s, it was the shopping malls, not main street, that attracted the stores.  So, again I ask, what type of property did they own?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Silver at 12, gold 800 maybe.
View Quote

I think those are good number.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question.

People don't  invest in stocks for a SHTF Scenario whereas plenty of precious metal  buyers  foolishly do.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Fraglord - I don't think you're being elusive or a "jerk" about your holdings or your family's holdings during the Great Depression. Still, I'm curious as to what type of property?

If you have good tenants during the Great Depression (not everyone was unemployed), they paid the rent. Other landlords weren't so lucky as tenants would stiff them, get evicted and move onto the next landlord. Benjamin Roth wrote about it in his book, The Great Depression: A Diary. He also mentioned how some commercial property never recovered either (when America rebuilt in the '50s, it was the shopping malls, not main street, that attracted the stores. So, again I ask, what type of property did they own?
View Quote

I think you may be asking this question of me?

My Grandparents owned Apartment Houses.  On both sides of my family, cheap, rundown apartments.  More along the lines of rooming houses on my Moms side.  All owned outright.  As rents
decreased they were not indebted to the banks, only the almighty tax collector.

That is how I invest in Real Estate as well.

As a sidebar:  My parents lent money to their best friend, a guy by the name of Marshall Garrett.  He went on to found Marshalls Department Stores.

Where My parents stayed steady with Real Estate, their best friend, whom they loaned money to, had a vision.

ETA:  His name was Garrett Marshall, Not Marshall Garrett:  Duh.  Sorry

I don't have visions.  I will stick with Real Estate.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Silver at $7.xx
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks 80FL
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can get an acre up her for about $1200
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The only metal one will want is CU and PB with which ohe may defend him/herself.  Selco in SHTFSchool talks about how no one wanted gold or silver during the civil war.  Food and boolits came first.  Got your 3 B's?

Turning to whether wealth may disappear overnight, if such wealth is held in currency (as opposed to money), it can literally vanish.  Examples are: Weimar Germany, post-WW I Austria and Hungary, Zimbabwe (one family went from comfortable middle class to not being able to afford a loaf of bread in two week's time), China (between their revolution and 1949 they had plenty of hyper-inflation), Cyprus (remember the haircut) and Argentina (where the entire middle class was wiped out overnight when the banks were closed).  Now, traditional tangible forms of wealth doesn't vanish overnight.  What is that?  Land, art and metals.

Here's a great interview with Reaganite and ex-Asst. Sect. of the Treasury, Paul Craig Roberts.  He explains metals manipulation:  http://kingworldnews.com/dr-paul-craig-roberts-8-1-15/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A complete and total breakdown of society doesn't have to occur for metals to be useful.

Job loss + market correction (2008, anyone?)-  You could still sell metals in a functioning economy to pay the bills.  But hold your stocks because they took a hit and you'd be stupid to sell.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A complete and total breakdown of society doesn't have to occur for metals to be useful.

Job loss + market correction (2008, anyone?)-  You could still sell metals in a functioning economy to pay the bills.  But hold your stocks because they took a hit and you'd be stupid to sell.
View Quote

precious and rare earth elements will become more expensive as all of the easier production mines are getting tapped out. Over the next 20 years silver output is supposed to drop, that combined with ever increasing industrial demand = higher prices. Oil is cheap right now, but if we get another spike past $100/barrel that will also make silver/gold more expensive to mine thus increase the price. I think too many people think investing in metals is just for a hedge against economic crash, currency crash, ect.  Treat it like any other commodity in my opinion...buy low, sell high :)
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#50]
A coworker and I started buying silver when it hit around $17 and usually each order a couple hundred dollars worth of various products each month since (mostly coins and rounds).
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top