Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2015 7:32:07 AM EDT
Jeb Bush and Scott Walker.

Jeb Bush?  WTF people.

Trump doesn't do so well: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2264
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to remember the majority of Americans are very low information and don't follow politics, AT ALL.

Name recognition wins at this point.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Bullshit poll is bullshit.

Trump or any GOP candidate would be able to completely roast Hillary.  Trump will make it fun.  Come back when you have a real poll.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Trump or any GOP candidate would be able to completely roast Hillary.  Trump will make it fun.  Come back when you have a real poll.
View Quote

I remember posts like this in 2012...
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#4]
"...landslide!"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I am not sure I buy this poll. Naturally, you can get any poll answers you are looking for based on whichever "unbiased" news organization you work for. But Trump is killing it, he is all over the news and people are eating it up.

ETA: especially with the Jeb Bush crap. I haven't met a single republican yet who supports him. Though I am sure Hillary would love to run against Jeb.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You need to remember the majority of Americans are very low information and don't follow politics, AT ALL.

View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]
According to the RCP poll average Bush and Paul do the best against FHRC but both lose.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Jeb Bush and Scott Walker.

Jeb Bush?  WTF people.

Trump doesn't do so well: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2264
View Quote

Jeb = name recognition, speaks well, a former gov, progressives and dems hiding out as republicans really like him.

Jeb = Pro illegal immigration, pro common core, pro all progressive stuff.  He will not make it out of the primaries. The GOP base knows that he is a D BAG.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUE, but.....

In 2008 and 2012 the conservatives and white males did not have a candidate that excited them. This election there are a few that will draw the conservative white vote. The biggest self identifying political group is conservative, 34%.

Also, the next election will not have a candidate that excites the minority base. There will be no first black president running. The minority base will vote in half the numbers they did in the last two elections. They dont get excited for voting for white people.

This will be a completely different cycle. It doesnt mean the GOP will win, but it will be much different.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
According to the RCP poll average Bush and Paul do the best against FHRC but both lose.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html
View Quote

And Trump gets beat like a rented mule.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Like President Romney, I believe the polls.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

HRC has the biggest negative rating of all the candidates. L vs R winner doesnt typically pick up the negative pollers. In polls, voters can easily select the person from their party, but if they dont like the person from their party, they less likely to driver to the poll and vote on election day.

And the constant negative stories about her will add up by election day. She is in a negative press death spriral.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/419485/have-hillarys-scandals-finally-started-damaging-her-poll-numbers-michael-barone
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course they lose. And trump would lose even worse. Also keep in mind those polls don't even take into account the fact that the dems are starting with a virtual lock on 70-90% of the electoral votes they need to win. Something has to go seriously wrong for the dems to lose. A lot has to go absolutely perfect for any republican to win.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Polls may be skewed depending on the way the questions are posed and whom are questioned.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

HRC has the biggest negative rating of all the candidates. L vs R winner doesnt typically pick up the negative pollers. In polls, voters can easily select the person from their party, but if they dont like the person from their party, they less likely to driver to the poll and vote on election day.

And the constant negative stories about her will add up by election day. She is in a negative press death spriral.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/419485/have-hillarys-scandals-finally-started-damaging-her-poll-numbers-michael-barone
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh at one time in our history FHRC's negative ratings would preclude her for any consideration for a nomination but for the 47+ she represents it's all about the cheese.

Now if Warren would jump in FHRC would be making excuses why she won't run in a month. The 47+% would spring over to Warren in a heartbeat. Warren would be much harder to beat as she is the liberals wet dream and they would come out in droves to vote for her. She would pick-up a lot of Independents too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Reality: the GOP's wooing of the Hispanic vote gains nothing; Romney would have needed 80% of it to win in '12 as opposed to gaining 4% more of the white vote. In other words, if the GOP ran on and stuck to Conservative principles and quit going in the direction in which they were steered by pollsters and the MSM they would win handily.

But alas.....the Carl Rove mafia will just hand the GOP another defeat while the most Conservative and loyal members of the party(former members after this)stay home and prepare for Hillary.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly... Check out this July 2007 polll

"By a wide margin, Democrats view Sen. Hillary Clinton (N.Y.) as the party's candidate best positioned to win the general election, and she holds a double-digit lead over Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) in the race for the nomination, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News Poll."

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dig the hell out of your optimism. I don't see where the hell it comes from,but it's refreshing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I dig the hell out of your optimism. I don't see where the hell it comes from,but it's refreshing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.  It beats the "Woe is me" & "Watch it burn" pussy defeatist bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#21]
In October 2016, this forum is going to be screaming "Jeb (or maybe Christie) in a landslide!".  The usual suspects will demand you vote for Jeb or insist you're actually voting for Hillary.  They'll sing Jeb's praises.  People will pontificate that maybe he's a much better leader than anybody gives him credit for.  Certain individuals will ridicule anyone who suggests that maybe Jeb isn't a strong candidate, and stop just short of impugning the dissenter's family, virility, sexuality, intelligence, and patriotism.  Well, they'll stop just short of most of those.

And then ol' Jeb will be crushed like McGovern.

And the wailing and gnashing of teeth here will be legendary.  Oh man, the screaming and the screeching and the pointing of fingers...  And then the three-way GOP schism will finally be in full swing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd expect to see low voter turnout from both parties in a Clinton/Bush election.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Jeb is going to get the nomination and he is going to win the election.  And nothing will change at  best.  At worst we loose more freedoms in the name of reasonable security.   Government and debt continue to grow.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay:

http://www.people-press.org/2014/12/10/growing-public-support-for-gun-rights/

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't agree with him on everything but we could do a hell of a lot worse than Scott Walker.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#26]

"The not-so-good news is that she is locked in too-close to call races with Wisconsin
Gov. Scott Walker and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.  And Vice President Joseph Biden runs
just as well as her against the top Republicans," Malloy added.
View Quote

LOL Biden? That's the real WTF right there
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"The not-so-good news is that she is locked in too-close to call races with WisconsinGov. Scott Walker and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.  And Vice President Joseph Biden runsjust as well as her against the top Republicans," Malloy added.

The early name recognition thing again.  The thing with Hilary though is the more people are exposed to her, the less they like her.  I'd bet Joe, as goofy as he is, ultimately does better than Hilary if he gets the nomination.  Honestly though, if he isn't fundraising by now, there is zero chance he wins the nomination.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is exactly what is going to happen.

I FEAR he will get the nomination, because he is unelectable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) I don't think Trump has any real interest in getting the nomination
2) The 2012 rule changes at the GOP convention pretty well insured that nobody is winning unless they are tight with the GOP leadership
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#30]
The "If the election were held today" shit is well, SHIT.

The election is a LONG ways off.

Paying attention to that crap will give you crabs.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Don't believe all the polls you see.  They are cery often tied to some agenda.  Lots of polls say hillary is not popular.  In fact she may be tied with chris crispycreme
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top