Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
*sniff*

View Quote

Indeed. Being a weak bitch doesn't help. If I tell you how much, you're gonna laugh.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Everybody hates leg day, suck it up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much kinda. It's complicated.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fuck squats. That is all.
View Quote

quit whining..just be glad you can do squats...do you know there are people without legs that would kill to be able to do squats one more time?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:52:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I know it's a good workout when the blood vessels in the back of my eyeballs POP! No agony, no bragony. Am I right?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:13:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#8]
How much you squating?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:28:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Get that 12x12.  And then do more leg things.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:58:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Posts like this are as bad as the people who check in to the gym on Facebook.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

How much you squating?
View Quote
all the weight.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Absolutely hate it.

But by sticking to it and not skipping, I pack on extra sought after LB's and my upper body gets noticeably bigger and stronger.  It's what allows me to put on enough muscle to shift my BMI score (which means dildo's to me in reality, but makes me feel better when it goes...) to the overweight tier.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How much you squating?
View Quote

150 in weights. I don't know how much the bar weighs. . I had never done squats in my life til about 3-4 weeks ago. I can't go down as far as other people. I had ACL surgery a few years ago and it bugs me sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

150 in weights. I don't know how much the bar weighs. . I had never done squats in my life til about 3-4 weeks ago. I can't go down as far as other people. I had ACL surgery a few years ago and it bugs me sometimes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much you squating?

Keep at it. It gets better. Just don't stop, or else you have to go through the starting part again.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#15]
In Russia, legs hate you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Keep at it. It gets better. Just don't stop, or else you have to go through the starting part again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much you squating?

Thanks. I hadn't done legs since the 12th. My left leg was hurting so I gave it a break.  It feels ok now so I'll try and stay on it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.. sack up son and push
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How much you squating?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! !

I had acl surgery 14 weeks ago.  I fucking love leg day.  Currently doing Wendler 531 but thinking about switching to SL 5x5 because everyday is leg day and I really want to no longer have one leg 40% smaller then the other.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#19]
So does this guy

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Never mind.  I really need to start read the thread before responding.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much you squating?

Bar is usually 45#.  so 195.  Just practice on form and going down all the way....or as far as you can comfortably.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Can't wait to get back to leg days.  Strained a calve 10 weeks ago.  Couldn't do anything for 4 weeks.  Just this week I was able to do squats without any weight.  Still can't deadlift or use squat rack.  Fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#23]
You hate them because they are painful.  They also work.

I wish I could still squat.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Wow, his legs are tiny. What's that he's deadlifting, 300 lbs?

Also to OP, try some front squats if you want to go lower. You can activate your gluts more with less weight and really go "ass to grass". Best part is if the weight is too much you can just fall forward into the rack... embarrassing true, but sure helps me mentally knowing its an option.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Also to OP, try some front squats if you want to go lower. You can activate your gluts more with less weight and really go "ass to grass". Best part is if the weight is too much you can just fall forward into the rack... embarrassing true, but sure helps me mentally knowing its an option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

looks like something north of 400

Quoted:
I had acl surgery 14 weeks ago.  I fucking love leg day.  Currently doing Wendler 531 but thinking about switching to SL 5x5 because everyday is leg day and I really want to no longer have one leg 40% smaller then the other.

I've been doing SL for a few weeks now and I gotta say, I'm really liking it.  The app is also incredibly convenient, really makes it (mentally) easy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#26]
OP, did you also feel the need to subtle brag on Facebook that you worked out today?

I work out almost every day, never feel the need to tell people about it - other than to make this point.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Gotta learn to like squats or it makes it difficult to get better at it and stick with it.  Took me a while but I honestly enjoy leg day now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#28]
No more leg days for me.

Doing my retirement physical stuff.

Degenerative arthritis in my hips and knees and bad disc in my back.

no squats
no extentions.
no deadlifts
of course no running.

I can do eliptical.

very depressing.

and, oh yeah, complete should replacement.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've been doing SL for a few weeks now and I gotta say, I'm really liking it.  The app is also incredibly convenient, really makes it (mentally) easy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm also doing 5x5... Every lift day is leg day.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#30]
There is a simple solution to doing things that you hate so much, they make you whine like a five year old girl...DON'T DO THEM! Problem solved. See? Simple
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
OP, did you also feel the need to subtle brag on Facebook that you worked out today?

I work out almost every day, never feel the need to tell people about it - other than to make this point.
View Quote

LoL..i got a buddy that posts every day on FB about his gym adventures, we reply with "We dont give a fuck" , funny part is, he has been going for a year or more and really doesnt look any different, still a fat dumpy guy. Dunno what he doing there, I guess just pushing weights around without an agenda or a plan.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LoL..i got a buddy that posts every day on FB about his gym adventures, we reply with "We dont give a fuck" , funny part is, he has been going for a year or more and really doesnt look any different, still a fat dumpy guy. Dunno what he doing there, I guess just pushing weights around without an agenda or a plan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, even if he has no plan but sticks with it and tries really really hard, this time next year he will still look like a fat dump and will still be posting stupid shit on FB... So there is that... I judge you for not un friending him when he started this type of behavior.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Skip legs, bro.

You know you want to.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

No no no...it's not leg day, it's two days after the first leg day when you haven't done legs in awhile...
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:27:56 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't love leg day.

But its necessary. I haven't squatted in a few weeks. My lower back doesn't like it. I've been lunging like a motherfucker though. It seems to work a lot better for me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In Russia, legs hate you.
View Quote

Paratroopers hate legs too
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#38]
I have a love/ hate relationship with squats.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Gotta learn to like squats or it makes it difficult to get better at it and stick with it.  Took me a while but I honestly enjoy leg day now.
View Quote

I'll keep that in mind.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No more leg days for me.

no squats
no extentions.
no deadlifts
of course no running.

I can do eliptical.

very depressing.

View Quote

When are you getting out?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Every day is leg day.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No more leg days for me.

no squats
no extentions.
no deadlifts
of course no running.

I can do eliptical.

very depressing.

2 months.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#44]
I did an hour of legs at lunch yesterday and walked back into a three hour training meeting.  Sitting at a desk that long hurt more than anything.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No more leg days for me.

no squats
no extentions.
no deadlifts
of course no running.

I can do eliptical.

very depressing.

View Quote

Military service isn't kind to anyone's body.

Hope your surgery goes well and fixes you right up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Must be a crossfitter.  Working in your social media set and all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much you squating?

Typical Olympic bar is 45#...so you're doing 195.  Just stick with it.  I do about the same for the moment but i just added "real" squats into my routine...i was doing them on the smith machine but decided i needed to do it the right way.   You just need an attitude adjustment towards them...squats are one of the best compound lifts you can do, love them for what they do to you, not how much they make you hurt.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

quit whining..just be glad you can do squats...do you know there are people without legs that would kill to be able to do squats one more time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck squats. That is all.

Yep. People with screwed up backs that would love to do heavy squats again too.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Squats are my strongest exercise now that I play competitive sports more than I am in the gym. I did 3 to 4 days a week every week for the better part of 4 years with no breaks longer than a week in the holidays or a vacation. The last 2 years I've gotten back into soccer year round so I've dialed back strength training as a result. I'm mostly in the gym twice a week now, three days on a good week. I haven't lost as much strength as I thought I would but I have certainly lost some.

A cool tool you can use to look at your strength levels by body part is http://www.symmetricstrength.com
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top