Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/29/2015 5:26:28 PM EDT
So my dumb ass decides that it would be good idea to upgrade from Win 7 Pro, to Windows 10.  What a fuckin mistake that was.  The first thing I do is check my existing product key, by running the .vbs script, to make sure I have it correct.  Well that's all good.  Then I do a clean install, meh the interface looks like it has the ghey, but I figure there will be a work around for that.  What's this now, no support for my wireless card?  What the fuckity fuck, it's a Netgear N600, not some fucking off brand shit with a oddball chipset.  Fine, I'll use my ASUS adapter, okay it sees that, good to go.  Huh, WTF, my display resolution is all jacked up, no problem, except they didn't put nvidia fuckin drivers in the OS, you stupid morons.  Okay download the drivers, good to go right?  Well sort of.

Okay let's start to configure it the way I want it, oh wait, you must fuckin register your product first.  Fine let's do that.  Yeah, not so quick there turbo, your product key has been blocked.  What the ever livin fuck, this ain't no fuckin bootleg copy.  I've got the fucking DVD case right in front of me, it's the fuckin same product key that was fine on the SAME machine 45 minutes ago.

So in short, Bill Gates, I hope your seaplane crashes on the fucking Hood Canal, and AIDS infected Dungeness crabs skull fuck your lifeless pasty corpse.

RANT OFF......
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I was all 'meh' until the last paragraph. I'll go 7/10 for that.

I Love Win 10, btw.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm... not sure where to rate this because Bill Gates hasn't been with Microsoft since 2006...
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like I'll be keeping Windows 7
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hmm... not sure where to rate this because Bill Gates hasn't been with Microsoft since 2006...
View Quote
Doesn't make any difference, that pasty soul suckin bastard founded the company, he is to blame for everything.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
woo hoo, just installed Linux
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Geez you guys are worse than apple fanboys.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#7]
So, what did the directions say to do?

"The first thing I do is check my existing product key, by running the .vbs script, to make sure I have it correct. Well that's all good. Then I do a clean install," sounds like you went OFP.

The way windows has been going, I would have assumed it would be more likely the upgrade path was more along the lines of "click here to upgrade".

I've noticed a trend of people blaming windows because of something they did, that they should not have. Is that the case here?  
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
I've got Linux Mint running on my laptop, the only reason for windows at all to to game with.  Linux is the shit, it looks good, runs good and is FUCKING FREE.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Apple or die baby
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Apple or die baby
View Quote

Apple kills babies!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Windows 10 is telling me my Product Key is invalid too, it won't let me passed the product key screen on the installer. LOL
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"The first thing I do is check my existing product key, by running the .vbs script, to make sure I have it correct. Well that's all good. Then I do a clean install," sounds like you went OFP.

The way windows has been going, I would have assumed it would be more likely the upgrade path was more along the lines of "click here to upgrade".

I've noticed a trend of people blaming windows because of something they did, that they should not have. Is that the case here?  
View Quote

Windows won't activate for me either. I did the "Click here to upgrade" method.

Error code: 0xC004F034

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
After reading thru all the threads here, and digging around for myself, you can do a clean install by downloading the OS as an ISO or bootable USB image (I did the later).  Install wasn't that bad, other than a few driver issues.  What is fuckin hilarious is it had drivers for my SoundBlaster card, but not for my NIC.  I mean really, the one thing you would think they would have insured was network connectivty, but fuck no, assholes, good thing I had another card.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I Love Win 10, btw.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I'll be waiting a month or so before I try to install my free upgrade.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#16]
For now, perfectly happy with Win 7 Pro. Guess I'll be waiting for 4-6 months before I fuck up a perfectly good machine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I Love Win 10, btw.

The GUI looks like it was designed by some cissexual fag from Capitol Hill, as for it being "fast" meh, I ain't seeing it.  And my box ain't no scruffy piece of trash either.  Windows 7 looked professional, not like it has the AIDS.  After digging around in it for a few hours, the only thing that caught my eye was they included an email client.  Well la-tee-fuckin-da, and it looks like a shitty one at that.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hope your seaplane crashes on the fucking Hood Canal, and AIDS infected Dungeness crabs skull fuck your lifeless pasty corpse
View Quote

10/10. Simply for not adding an 'S' to Hood Canal.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
No issues with UEFI Bootloader?

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is fuckin hilarious is it had drivers for my SoundBlaster card, but not for my NIC.  I mean really, the one thing you would think they would have insured was network connectivty, but fuck no, assholes, good thing I had another card.  
View Quote

Don't worry. The NSA can still access your hard drive without your NIC.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Ut Oh

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope your seaplane crashes on the fucking Hood Canal, and AIDS infected Dungeness crabs skull fuck your lifeless pasty corpse

I live on the Canal, I hope I can spell it right.  He may be in luck though, hasn't been jack for crabs at this end, this year.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use Zorin because Mint is too mainstream =P
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Fedora is greatest
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
After reading thru all the threads here, and digging around for myself, you can do a clean install by downloading the OS as an ISO or bootable USB image (I did the later).  Install wasn't that bad, other than a few driver issues.  What is fuckin hilarious is it had drivers for my SoundBlaster card, but not for my NIC.  I mean really, the one thing you would think they would have insured was network connectivty, but fuck no, assholes, good thing I had another card.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can do a clean install by selecting the option to keep nothing on the "What do you want to keep?" screen, during the install process.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What is fuckin hilarious is it had drivers for my SoundBlaster card, but not for my NIC.  I mean really, the one thing you would think they would have insured was network connectivty, but fuck no, assholes, good thing I had another card.  

That is why the Silverdale COSTCO is out of heavy duty Reynolds wrap.  I've got everything covered in two layers, including the Dogs, the cat and the fuckin cheetos.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#27]
No problems here.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Apple kills babies!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apple or die baby

Apple kills babies!

BAN APPLE FOR CHILDRENS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#29]
If you meatheads would do stuff right, like me, your upgrade would go quickly and smoothly. But noooo ...
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I've got an XP key that's legit but got blocked. Reinstalling the OS once a month for 4 years of college raises some red flags.

Call the Microsoft support number and they should give you an activation code that will work (and be reusable). While you're talking to them, remind them I want my fucking media center back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

You can do a clean install by selecting the option to keep nothing on the "What do you want to keep?" screen, during the install process.
View Quote
I did a clean install, onto my SSD, all my p0rn is stashed on the HHD's I have in raid.  So really all I lost was some time, now to re-install Windows 7.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I did a clean install, onto my SSD, all my p0rn is stashed on the HHD's I have in raid.  So really all I lost was some time, now to re-install Windows 7.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice

I tried the Win 10 pre-release.  Lot's of bugs (expected), but they were minor.  I liked it.

As someone who loved Win 7 Pro, is meh on 8.1 (8.0 was disappointing); I'm looking forward to Win 10.  Will do it this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I've got an XP key that's legit but got blocked. Reinstalling the OS once a month for 4 years of college raises some red flags.

Call the Microsoft support number and they should give you an activation code that will work (and be reusable). While you're talking to them, remind them I want my fucking media center back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
I hate calling fucking India, I know damn well their name isn't Bob, it's fucking Habib, or Punjab or some such shit.  And just use Plex for a media server, it's better than media center.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Weak sauce ....  weak sauce .......

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#35]
10/10
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Why on God's green earth would you not wait 11 months and 29 days to get this????? Let the shitstorm reign upon those who have to have the "latest and greatest" first.
I'm perfectly happy with Win 7, if that don't work. there's an Apple product in my future!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Brand new MS OS release and you are surprised there are problems?  LOL
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

He still deserves the crab fucking.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So my dumb ass decides that it would be good idea to upgrade from Win 7 Pro, to Windows 10.  What a fuckin mistake that was.  The first thing I do is check my existing product key, by running the .vbs script, to make sure I have it correct.  Well that's all good.  Then I do a clean install, meh the interface looks like it has the ghey, but I figure there will be a work around for that.  What's this now, no support for my wireless card?  What the fuckity fuck, it's a Netgear N600, not some fucking off brand shit with a oddball chipset.  Fine, I'll use my ASUS adapter, okay it sees that, good to go.  Huh, WTF, my display resolution is all jacked up, no problem, except they didn't put nvidia fuckin drivers in the OS, you stupid morons.  Okay download the drivers, good to go right?  Well sort of.

Okay let's start to configure it the way I want it, oh wait, you must fuckin register your product first.  Fine let's do that.  Yeah, not so quick there turbo, your product key has been blocked.  What the ever livin fuck, this ain't no fuckin bootleg copy.  I've got the fucking DVD case right in front of me, it's the fuckin same product key that was fine on the SAME machine 45 minutes ago.

So in short, Bill Gates, I hope your seaplane crashes on the fucking Hood Canal, and AIDS infected Dungeness crabs skull fuck your lifeless pasty corpse.

RANT OFF......
View Quote

You should stick to iPads.  They were created because of people like you.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#42]
I did the upgrade from W8.1 to W10.
Took all of about forty minutes.

Working great for me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Windows 10 is telling me my Product Key is invalid too, it won't let me passed the product key screen on the installer. LOL
View Quote
Click skip

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
California product. That's why most people here are running either a Windows Phone or a Blackberry.

Both Google (Android) and Apple are huge California companies ... and I'm kind of surprised the OP mentioned he was running NVIDIA as a video card because they're a big California company too (so is AMD and Intel).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Apple or die baby

California product. That's why most people here are running either a Windows Phone or a Blackberry.

Both Google (Android) and Apple are huge California companies ... and I'm kind of surprised the OP mentioned he was running NVIDIA as a video card because they're a big California company too (so is AMD and Intel).

Hey, you leave my NVIDIA card out of this, I'd still be using Matrox if they made gaming cards.  And besides I was told to never trust and odd-numbered Chief.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You should stick to iPads.  They were created because of people like you.
View Quote
Hell, I was probably using a CRAFT interface on Harris microwave radios before you were shittin solids.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Uh-oh!

Dooooooooom!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm just going to put this right here.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2007/10/09/microsoft-gun-club/

Does apple or google have (or had) a similar club?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Whatever gave you the idea that you could just use a windows 7 key in windows 10???????

You need to upgrade from an existing installation first.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I'm just going to put this right here.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2007/10/09/microsoft-gun-club/

Does apple or google have (or had) a similar club?
View Quote
Have you ever been to Redmond, Washington?  I used to work there, it's city claim is "Bicycle Capitol of the World", bunch of metro sexual tech weenies, that believe they should own guns, but nobody else.  Sound familiar?  That crowd is the reason our state has the "Tennis shooed twat" and the "Babbling Idiot" for US Senators.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone find out if origin and steam clients are working on 10?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top