BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or just join the Army Guard and you can play soldier on weekends while still building an actual career. When the real war starts, and shit goes back to what it should, transfer to active if your desire to serve God and country is worth the sacrifice of your civilian career and family.
View Quote

Thanks for your input... I'd really hate to see alllllll that mess happen again, but can't play cheerleader for another "big war" to get the money flowing again either.  I do wish that the guys I met near the end of my time would get the chance to deploy and fight bad dudes, as they were mostly great guys who joined for the right reason only to show up just a little late to the party.  I'm thinking lots of them would love to go back in time and do exactly what you said in the above.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Its very, very different, having gone through both.

IN the 90s were were simply a shrinking army with very few social changes.

now?  the army exists to drive society towards a gloriously progressive future.

It would fail if we ever actually fought wars and cared about winning, but we don't do that so it is really irrelevant.  

DMV in uniform defines 95% of uniformed service.
View Quote

Man I hope they leave women/trannies/whatevers out of the Infantry... but like you said, its not hard to be "successful" when you haven't defined what winning looks like.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I love when folks start threads and never come back.

El o fucking el.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I love when folks start threads and never come back.

Quoted:
How about you mentor him all the way into my office. Then again, I guess everyone doesn't have what it takes and some individuals would rather take the easy road in life. There are things to gain such as real world experience, leadership skills, and a first class ticket to the front of a job interview post military.

Semper Fi

El o fucking el.

Don't hate he is just hard up for his monthly ships
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello all I am back. Sorry I didn't respond faster but it's supposed to be 108 today and I needed to be up and out the door at 5:30 this morning. I read the entire 3 pages and wow it seems that there are some real problems out there in the military. I am not entirely sure of his true intentions to join the Army, but like any fresh out of high school I think he see's the world and doesn't know were he fits into it. His family is what would be considered poor and he has expressed interest  in going to college and I think he is looking for help paying for that.  I also think he lacks direction and since he is poor he can't go out and do many of the things his friends can do.

At one point he has expressed wanting to be a game warden in California I am not sure if that is still the case but I know it was 6 months ago. When people say certain things on this topic I don't understand some of them, such as go selection? MOS, ABN. I am just trying to help him get his life on track and going in the right direction. Thanks for all your help and suggestion I will be looking up the pt test and what he needs to do well
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hello all I am back. Sorry I didn't respond faster but it's supposed to be 108 today and I needed to be up and out the door at 5:30 this morning. I read the entire 3 pages and wow it seems that there are some real problems out there in the military. I am not entirely sure of his true intentions to join the Army, but like any fresh out of high school I think he see's the world and doesn't know were he fits into it. His family is what would be considered poor and he has expressed interest  in going to college and I think he is looking for help paying for that.  I also think he lacks direction and since he is poor he can't go out and do many of the things his friends can do.

At one point he has expressed wanting to be a game warden in California I am not sure if that is still the case but I know it was 6 months ago. When people say certain things on this topic I don't understand some of them, such as go selection? MOS, ABN. I am just trying to help him get his life on track and going in the right direction. Thanks for all your help and suggestion I will be looking up the pt test and what he needs to do well
View Quote

Too many people join the Army not entirely knowing what they want to be. Some of these people might find their niche but many will be disappointed because ultimately they didn't know what they even wanted.

If your protege wants to be a warrior, to fight people for a living, then there are only a few real options at the moment. Conventional combat arms in either the Army or Marines are going to get hit hard with the  coming social issues and budget cuts. I'd recommend Army or Marine SOF, the former having more types and more money, so if lean toward and Ranger Regt contract, but the kids better be 100% physically and mentally ready, and even then it can mean he won't pass RASP.

If he's just looking for a steady job in a structured environment, decent pay,  with no desire to fight or be in a good unit, any service or MOS will suffice.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

do you plan on being a boot the rest of your miserable fucking life?
you were issued two eyes, two ears and one cocksucker for a reason! you've been called to the military pit a few times for this kind of shit before. are you ever going to learn?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell him to join the Air Force
you were issued two eyes, two ears and one cocksucker for a reason! you've been called to the military pit a few times for this kind of shit before. are you ever going to learn?

Looks like a lot of people agree with me and people like you are butthurt about it. Get over it and stop acting like a special snowflake.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

If I were you, I would advise him to talk to all of the branches and see which ones have the most honesty when they are speaking with him. I did and ended up in the Air Guard because my recruiter was willing to go the extra mile for me and handled the entire process with the utmost integrity. Not a single promise my recruiter made has been unfulfilled. I saw things from lying to swearing in the recruiting office which I found to be unprofessional in every other office except for the Marines.

If he wants to meet the people he will be working with and potentially get a bonus and college paid for looking at the Air Guard is a good option for him considering he scores well on the ASVAB.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If I were you, I would advise him to talk to all of the branches and see which ones have the most honesty when they are speaking with him. I did and ended up in the Air Guard because my recruiter was willing to go the extra mile for me and handled the entire process with the utmost integrity. Not a single promise my recruiter made has been unfulfilled. I saw things from lying to swearing in the recruiting office which I found to be unprofessional in every other office except for the Marines.

If he wants to meet the people he will be working with and potentially get a bonus and college paid for looking at the Air Guard is a good option for him considering he scores well on the ASVAB.
View Quote

This.
It's the worst advice ever. Seriously, don't pay heed at all. If you are trying to get career info from a recruiter you are already setting yourself for failure. This isn't 1989, there are tons of websites, including this one, where people will give honest answers without pressure for meeting quotas. Asking a recruiter for honesty about enlisting is like asking a used car salesman for their input on some beater car in their lot, their business is to benefit the organisations they work for, not the customer. They are by job description their to fuck you have over for "needs of the service." You get around that by coming prepared, knowing what you want and not accepting the word of any n one recruiter even if it means hitting every station in 100 miles.

Not only that but every recruiter is different, different stations have different mission goals, and different branches have not only completely different standards on how recruiting is done but how recruiters themselves are chosen, trained, and treated, all of which will effect the war they interact with some guy walking in their office, that are not indicative of the service they represent.

Dont listen to this guy, he's barely through initial training yet and he's not supposed to be giving abvice about shit he has no clue about. He needs to stay in his lane.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This.

It's the worst advice ever. Seriously, don't pay heed at all. If you are trying to get career info from a recruiter you are already setting yourself for failure. This isn't 1989, there are tons of websites, including this one, where people will give honest answers without pressure for meeting quotas. Asking a recruiter for honesty about enlisting is like asking a used car salesman for their input on some beater car in their lot, their business is to benefit the organisations they work for, not the customer. They are by job description their to fuck you have over for "needs of the service." You get around that by coming prepared, knowing what you want and not accepting the word of any n one recruiter even if it means hitting every station in 100 miles.

Not only that but every recruiter is different, different stations have different mission goals, and different branches have not only completely different standards on how recruiting is done but how recruiters themselves are chosen, trained, and treated, all of which will effect the war they interact with some guy walking in their office, that are not indicative of the service they represent.

Dont listen to this guy, he's barely through initial training yet and he's not supposed to be giving abvice about shit he has no clue about. He needs to stay in his lane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

It's actually pretty sound advice. I said to visit all of the branches to hear them out and outlined how the process works for the Air Guard. The Air Guard lets you pick your job and meet the people in your shop. It's a nice benefit to meet who you are going to be around before you even leave for basic.

Marginalizing me because you don't like my branch of choice and think I am still too green isn't going to keep me from informing people of what I do know. I don't really give a shit what any of you think of it. I am not beholden to forgo trying to help a person out when they are going to make the biggest decision in their life thus far. You are just making yourself look bad by getting so butt hurt about it.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's actually pretty sound advice. I said to visit all of the branches to hear them out and outlined how the process works for the Air Guard. The Air Guard lets you pick your job and meet the people in your shop. It's a nice benefit to meet who you are going to be around before you even leave for basic.

Marginalizing me because you don't like my branch of choice and think I am still too green isn't going to keep me from informing people of what I do know. I don't really give a shit what any of you think of it. I am not beholden to forgo trying to help a person out when they are going to make the biggest decision in their life thus far. You are just making yourself look bad by getting so butt hurt about it.  
View Quote

I don't give a fuck about your branch. It's not sound advice, for the reasons I listed. You didnt even know what service you were joining before seeing a recruiter and then chose a branch and job for a dumb shit reason. You admit you were uninformed and act as if that's a good thing. The reality is that it's a miracle your nieve ass didn't get buttfucked by a slick recruiter. You're a dupe, keep going through life hoping people don't  take advantage of you. But there are better ways.

Do it my way, the smart way, you can't be taken advantage of because you'll go in knowing when the recruiter is talking out his ass and when he isn't. Gather Intel, make a plan and execute it.

For the record, I've enlisted from civilian status three times into three different branches and spent 9.5 out of 11 years in military as an NCO, in USMC, Army Natl Guard, and  active Army. I know how the system works and I used to eat cherries like you up, spit you out. Stick to buffing floors and stop giving advice on shit that doesn't involve what a cock feels like jammed down your throat.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
To grab the jew gold in a French bank 25 miles east of nancy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My mentor who was a USMC WWII Vet had me read the book War Is A Racket by Major General  Major General Smedley Butler.

I did,and didn't join. PDF download Here

What racket was WWII about?

To grab the jew gold in a French bank 25 miles east of nancy.
My friends all tried to warn me but I held my head up high.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread is continuing to deliver
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

See if there's any way you can get him to stop questioning things that make no sense to him. Teach him submission to authority, even when the authority figure is an obvious moron.

See if there is a National Guard or Reserve unit in your area that's willing to let him remove everything out of one of their connexes, and then have him put it all back. And then take it out again and put it all back.

Have him sit out behind your house and tell him he can leave for when you get out of a meeting. And then forget about him for a few hours and then go tell him to go home.

If he has a 3 day weekend coming up, lecture him for 90 minutes about how he can survive his 3 day weekend.

Keep him up all night guarding your garden hose or something, and then have him pick up pinecones on the side of the freeway all day the next day.

Other than that, I got nothing.
View Quote
Pvt. Pyle, is that you?

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
See if there's any way you can get him to stop questioning things that make no sense to him. Teach him submission to authority, even when the authority figure is an obvious moron.

See if there is a National Guard or Reserve unit in your area that's willing to let him remove everything out of one of their connexes, and then have him put it all back. And then take it out again and put it all back.

Have him sit out behind your house and tell him he can leave for when you get out of a meeting. And then forget about him for a few hours and then go tell him to go home.

If he has a 3 day weekend coming up, lecture him for 90 minutes about how he can survive his 3 day weekend.

Keep him up all night guarding your garden hose or something, and then have him pick up pinecones on the side of the freeway all day the next day.

View Quote

Oh lookie here. Another guy who probably depends on mil business, or works on a mil base, with a hard on against the mil. You're a walking (typing?) cliche and I see about a dozen people like you every day. You were either a one and done guy that's been nursing a grudge against the Army way out of proportion to the original cause of the gripe, that thinks they're superior to the guys that were more successful then you. Or you couldn't join and are still pissed about it. And a 11th ACR trooper probably stole your GF.

Now stand aside and let the men give some useful advice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#15]
^ you belong in the Ranger SEAL thread.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I don't give a fuck about your branch. It's not sound advice, for the reasons I listed. You didnt even know what service you were joining before seeing a recruiter and then chose a branch and job for a dumb shit reason. You admit you were uninformed and act as if that's a good thing. The reality is that it's a miracle your nieve ass didn't get buttfucked by a slick recruiter. You're a dupe, keep going through life hoping people don't  take advantage of you. But there are better ways.

Do it my way, the smart way, you can't be taken advantage of because you'll go in knowing when the recruiter is talking out his ass and when he isn't. Gather Intel, make a plan and execute it.

For the record, I've enlisted from civilian status three times into three different branches and spent 9.5 out of 11 years in military as an NCO, in USMC, Army Natl Guard, and  active Army. I know how the system works and I used to eat cherries like you up, spit you out. Stick to buffing floors and stop giving advice on shit that doesn't involve what a cock feels like jammed down your throat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This reads like the Navy Seal copypasta. Good to see you have a healthy ego.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hello Folks,

A young man fresh out of high school that I mentored for 3 years is going to join the Army. His dad died when he was like 10 and never had a male role model in his life.  I have taught him to shot and fish and some basic mechanic stuff. I would like to prepare him the best I can ahead of time if that is possible. He is in decent shape but I instructed him to start running 3-5 miles 3 times a week, push ups and sit ups and have been trying to get him to do MMA. What other skills or knowledge should I work with him on so that he does well in basic. Any ideas or tips that will make him more successful I am willing to do to help him succeed. Thanks
View Quote

Re read your original question.  The first thing he needs to do is go and take the ASFAB.  If that is what it is still called?  Depending on his score, that will let him know what branches and career fields he will be admitted to.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Doesn't every swinging dick take the ASVAB in high school?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I'm in your branch and I agree with Steinhab.  You don't know what you don't know.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I was a boot fresh out of school I sure as shit didn't think I knew it all or feel it was my duty to offer advice on stuff I knew nothing about. I haven't listened to someone in need of an attitude adjustment as bad as you in a while. After all the pit threats, open and on the mil forum, you still haven't learned to hold your tongue. It's going to get you in trouble one day.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#21]
The internets is serious business.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Doesn't every swinging dick take the ASVAB in high school?
View Quote
Not necessarily.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oddly, accurate. I had this view when I was a Private. When I moved up in rank and became a Senior NCO, things were different, and there was alot of things that went on at my level that made shit like that happen and the junior enlisted weren't privy to. Plus it was kind of fun paying it back.
Got a fuck-up squad or platoon? There is your, let's play the musical connex detail errr game!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
When I was a boot fresh out of school I sure as shit didn't think I knew it all or feel it was my duty to offer advice on stuff I knew nothing about. I haven't listened to someone in need of an attitude adjustment as bad as you in a while. After all the pit threats, open and on the mil forum, you still haven't learned to hold your tongue. It's going to get you in trouble one day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's nothing in these pit threads. Also, there has never been an open pit thread on me that I am aware of. Seems like you're the one who can't stop digging yourself deeper.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There's nothing in these pit threads. Also, there has never been an open pit thread on me that I am aware of. Seems like you're the one who can't stop digging yourself deeper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, the Army is what you make it. Surround yourself with shitbags and dumbasses, bitch and moan for your enlistment or nut up and fucking excel. There are always going to be shitty bosses (NCO's Officers) and piss poor retarded co-workers. Surround yourself with people that accomplish what you want to accomplish and take advantage of every opportunity the Army offers your. They have tuition re-imbursement among other things. Since this Army looks like it is going to be garrison now, start taking college courses on the Army's dime.

Don't go out and get plowed every weekend shoving dollar bills down a barracks whore G-string. Stay away from drugs and score 300 every PT test and you will shine.

Being on time, in the right uniform and right attitude is 95% of success in the Army. Not pissing off your NCO's is another 3%. Not being retarded is that last 2%.

Get a fucking MOS(job) that you can use when you get out. Going Infantry Airborne Special Forces Ranger may get you cool looking bling on your uniform, but it means dick in the civilian world. If you have to do that, do it while you are young and then re-class ASAP. By the way I am a former dumbass Paratrooper Infantry retard, now a nurse. Being 82nd Airborne Infantry was the best worst times of my life and I wouldn't change it for the world!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Look, the Army is what you make it. Surround yourself with shitbags and dumbasses, bitch and moan for your enlistment or nut up and fucking excel. There are always going to be shitty bosses (NCO's Officers) and piss poor retarded co-workers. Surround yourself with people that accomplish what you want to accomplish and take advantage of every opportunity the Army offers your. They have tuition re-imbursement among other things. Since this Army looks like it is going to be garrison now, start taking college courses on the Army's dime.

Don't go out and get plowed every weekend shoving dollar bills down a barracks whore G-string. Stay away from drugs and score 300 every PT test and you will shine.

Being on time, in the right uniform and right attitude is 95% of success in the Army. Not pissing off your NCO's is another 3%. Not being retarded is that last 2%.

Get a fucking MOS(job) that you can use when you get out. Going Infantry Airborne Special Forces Ranger may get you cool looking bling on your uniform, but it means dick in the civilian world. If you have to do that, do it while you are young and then re-class ASAP. By the way I am a former dumbass Paratrooper Infantry retard, now a nurse. Being 82nd Airborne Infantry was the best worst times of my life and I wouldn't change it for the world!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, 11B or 68W with option 40. If he loves it, he has the opportunity of a lifetime. If he hates it he can get out or reclass. At the very least he won't look in the mirror and wish he had tried something harder.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

He should join the Army (or Marine) infantry if he wants to shoot bad people in the face. Any other reason, then get a cushy billet in the Navy or Air Force that'll translate into a civilian career. Neither are bad choices per se, but they are very different.

If he just wants a job and not being poor tell him to learn a lucrative trade like elevator mechanic or sprinkler fitter.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Make him share a room with a guy like Barstow Cowboy for about anyear.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, I knew I was going into a shit storm. And I wanted to go into a shit storm. I wanted to go to war. And then i heard about DIs asking if people were "offended" at bootcamp, and sensitivity training. And how much bullshit it is to even start the pipelines I was hoping to. I was not willing to make a career out of the military unless it was doing something I wanted to do. Every recruiter will tell you your going to end up doing what you want, and then you end up fueling trucks. Did you miss the part "will be one of my biggest regrets?" Nothing in my post indicated I was hoping for a "nurturing work environment."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
About 6 months ago I planned on going in, either USMC, Navy, or Airforce. Began physically training myself for the programs I was looking into. Began researching. Everything was looking really promising. Then I started talking to the numerous friends that were in....every single one of them (minus 1 Navy guy) told me not to do it. Said it's a bunch of political bullshit, pay is shit, treated like children, sensitivity classes all kinds of stupid shit.

I still believe not going in will be one of my largest regrets in life...

But it is what it is, I'm genuinely excited where I'm heading in life, despite it not being high-speed.

My point being make sure the kid sees both sides, not just the hoorah glory and guns. Politics and bullshit make up too much of the branches to not.

So you were training to serve your nation's military because you thought it would provide incredible pay and a nice, nurturing work environment?

What ranks are your friends?

No, I knew I was going into a shit storm. And I wanted to go into a shit storm. I wanted to go to war. And then i heard about DIs asking if people were "offended" at bootcamp, and sensitivity training. And how much bullshit it is to even start the pipelines I was hoping to. I was not willing to make a career out of the military unless it was doing something I wanted to do. Every recruiter will tell you your going to end up doing what you want, and then you end up fueling trucks. Did you miss the part "will be one of my biggest regrets?" Nothing in my post indicated I was hoping for a "nurturing work environment."

Your friends told you notnto join because they recognized that you are a big pussy and would just washout and end up as a fueler.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:02:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

How sad. :(

You're like the little anti-LE/mil engine that couldn't. :(
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, what is your background?  What qualifies you to make this assumption.  You made some questionable comments about the military before and I just want to know what has given you this sour taste.  I feel like you were chaptered or something, or if you stayed four years, you were a terminal E-3.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He's got a point here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I appreciate you reading the whole post and putting thought into your reply. You have a whole thread of people saying now is not the time, just as I was told by those that are/were in. They say that being deployed is about the best thing in the world, but every other aspect (currently) can fuck off.

This is the time to get in, spend time doing the infantry thing, doing the ranger thing, and doing the SF thing. Less combat tours going on, meaning you have more time to train, study your craft, and work on getting into cool guy shit without having to deal with deployments fucking your plans up over and over again.

Then, you get to be on the front end of the next big thing, with the best guys possible.

He's got a point here.

Last thing you want to do is be a non scrolled bitch in regiment with 3 straight years of garrison and 60 day rotations with no combat.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wanted to go to war.
View Quote

You realize the Army is cutting another 40k? You do realize the tighter the belt gets the harder it's going to be to stay in and be successful?

You want to go to war? Not going to happen in this political climate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Do the kid a favor.    Tell him to get into a welding school and learn a trade that will pay him well ...if he has a good work ethic.  The military will not be a pleasant experience.  Something about killing people that crosses a line that should be crossed.

Don't believe me.  Tell him to talk to retired Seals and visit a military hospital.  Way too many young men in the prime of their lives "walking and rolling" around Wal Marts in San Antonio with missing limbs with their loyal wife and two or three young kids.
The Patriots pay "The  Price" for the professional politicians   and  weapons suppliers to have a good income and the "Glory" war brings.   The 4th of July was a movie not too far from the real truth of war and how the wounded Partiots are "rewarded".
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Do the kid a favor.    Tell him to get into a welding school and learn a trade that will pay him well ...if he has a good work ethic.  The military will not be a pleasant experience.  Something about killing people that crosses a line that should be crossed.

Don't believe me.  Tell him to talk to retired Seals and visit a military hospital.  Way too many young men in the prime of their lives "walking and rolling" around Wal Marts in San Antonio with missing limbs with their loyal wife and two or three young kids.
The Patriots pay "The  Price" for the professional politicians   and  weapons suppliers to have a good income and the "Glory" war brings.   The 4th of July was a movie not too far from the real truth of war and how the wounded Partiots are "rewarded".
View Quote

thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Or guard bitch in line infantry.
ramp up for killing, volunteer for a deployment with first guard unit or switch to active when they start begging for guys to fill the expansion.

have real job.

don't have 3 hours of sharp training a week.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:47:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Good for him. It sounds like he's doing good physically- if he's running those distances and can keep his times below 8 minute miles (which is pretty slow- I'm 48 and I run faster than that) he will be in better shape than most kids that go in with no prep. That being said, I wouldn't advise going in the army except as SF or Ranger, and not because thats the type of stuff I did. The army has become too soft and politically correct, and the true "warrior class" is a very endangered species. Special Ops is a small refuge where the warrior mentality is still encouraged, and not just an idea that's talked about or paid homage to (everything is warrior this, warrior that, but everywhere you look all you see is sheep). If my son was going in the mil, I would advise him to join the Air Force and learn a useful trade- basically the type of jobs I made fun of as a hardcore young meat eater. Best of luck to him, whatever he decides.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:12:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:47:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If anyone is checking the block for 3 hrs a week of sharp training, they're fudging the numbers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or guard bitch in line infantry.
ramp up for killing, volunteer for a deployment with first guard unit or switch to active when they start begging for guys to fill the expansion.

have real job.

don't have 3 hours of sharp training a week.

If anyone is checking the block for 3 hrs a week of sharp training, they're fudging the numbers.

That's leadership.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:48:16 AM EDT
[#43]
If he's set on the Army, good.  If he does want to go check out all of the recruiters, skip the AF.  The Air Force will give you a better quality of life while crushing your soul.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Looks like a lot of people agree with me and people like you are butthurt about it. Get over it and stop acting like a special snowflake.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

son you have no clue!

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
son you have no clue!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

son you have no clue!

Some fks are just more emotional than most

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

He should be so lucky to call such men his comrades. Now, please, stfu.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:39:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah, no shit. the rest of my post, deleted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He should be so lucky to call such men his comrades. Now, please, stfu.

Yeah, no shit. the rest of my post, deleted.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top