BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And Brady violated league rules by not cooperating with an investigation.  That's why he was suspended!  He's a moron if he takes this to Massachusetts state court (well this is Brady).  What are they going to find, that he didn't destroy his phone after the investigator asked for text messages pertinent to the case?  Yes Pete Rose bet on games he was managing.  I'm not arguing that fact.  He broke one rules and has since been banned from the HoF.  There's no evidence that he cheated, only that he broke the rule on better.  There is on the other hand evidence Brady cheated, along with braking league rules.  I have no idea why he even went so far as to destroy the phone.  The league wasn't asking for all 10k text messages.  Only the one between him and the ball guy.  So why again did he need to destroy his phone?
View Quote

Brady and the NFLPA have a pretty good argument that the section of the players contract that talks about conduct unbecoming/cooperation is separate from the rules and discipline book that covers the ball misconduct which is targeted towards teams and not players. A book that is not part of the current collective bargaining agreement.

Brady's side has already come out stating they provided the league with all pertinent electronic date, which they also had already acquired from the phones of the other parties involved.

There is ZERO evidence that Brady cheated.

And perhaps he didn't want to hand over his personal phone containing private information to a league source considering the league is notorious for leaking bull shit left and right?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What cheating? Theres no evidence of cheating??

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He has been a twat long before this occurred.

TRUTH.

Brady's still complicit in the cheating, so I don't feel too badly for him - but Goodell is a turd of epic proportions.

There is ample evidence of cheating, and evidence that Brady actively destroyed even more evidence in an attempt to avoid blame.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a Patriots homer or intentionally obtuse.

The balls were underinflated. It is known. The only question is who lowered the pressure and why.

If this were a jury trial, the answer to the question of "why" would likely be determined to be "Because Mr. Brady likes them that way."
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, but his wife is hot
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#4]
ESPN reported he averaged 80 texts a day. He didn't destroy his phone only because of Deflategate. He destroyed it to prevent the NFL from getting 4 months of text messages @ 80 a day. Who knows where that would have led. I think he was willing to take the hit on destroying the phone to prevent them from getting additional texts to unknown others that weren't on their radar. Only my opinion.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure is a lot of butthurt jealousy in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

There is ample evidence of cheating, and evidence that Brady actively destroyed even more evidence in an attempt to avoid blame.

The balls were underinflated. It is known. The only question is who lowered the pressure and why.

If this were a jury trial, the answer to the question of "why" would likely be determined to be "Because Mr. Brady likes them that way."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRUTH.

Brady's still complicit in the cheating, so I don't feel too badly for him - but Goodell is a turd of epic proportions.

It's quite apparent you have no idea what you're talking about and have not followed the issue closely.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is on the other hand evidence Brady cheated, along with braking league rules.  I have no idea why he even went so far as to destroy the phone.  The league wasn't asking for all 10k text messages.  Only the one between him and the ball guy.  So why again did he need to destroy his phone?
View Quote

There is NO evidence! Even the fucking Wells report says there is NO EVIDENCE!! It is *likely* that brady knew about the balls being deflated. But there is NO EVIDENCE of it. As far as the cell phone goes, if he hands over that cell phone EVERY single text message, iota of data goes viral. Personal shit he doesn't want getting out to the public. And he stated he destroys his cell phones EVERY four months.
View Quote

First point, the ball boy calling him self "Deflator" in his messages with Brady is 0 evidence?  The Wells report said there wasn't concrete evidence, but there was enough circumstantial evidence to believe he knew about it.  Second, what part of the league asking for the messages between him and the staff member means he has to hand over all 10k messages?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, but his wife is hot
View Quote

He should just retire with his (also retired) supermodel wife, his huge pile of money, and his Superbowl rings. He's past his prime anyway.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ESPN reported he averaged 80 texts a day. He didn't destroy his phone only because of Deflategate. He destroyed it to prevent the NFL from getting 4 months of text messages @ 80 a day. Who knows where that would have led. I think he was willing to take the hit on destroying the phone to prevent them from getting additional texts to unknown others that weren't on their radar. Only my opinion.

View Quote

Or texts and photos with family and friends and who knows who else.

Would you be willing to hand your employer all of your personal data and communications with EVERYONE in your life? Especially if your employer had a huge track record of fucking up every investigation/leaking information on everything they were ever involved with?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Signed, a Patriots fan.
View Quote

nanny nanny boo boo.......
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I still don't understand how you people, whom I assume are reasonably educated, don't understand that the balls started out at 12.5lbs jet fuel can't melt steel and deflated naturally throughout the game buildings can't fall naturally faster than gravity. There was unbiased 3rd party reviews that scientifically proved this.

This was nothing more than a sting false flag operation by the NFL Illuminati. Fuhrer Goodell Bush wanted to look like a big macho man in the wake of totally fucking up the Ray Rice case election debacle in Florida.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUTH.

How can a group of people who claim intellectual superiority over stupid ass liberals be so misinformed and judgemental?????

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/01/deflategate-only-one-patriots-football-underinflated
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Would you be willing to hand your employer all of your personal data and communications with EVERYONE in your life? Especially if your employer had a huge track record of fucking up every investigation/leaking information on everything they were ever involved with?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why not also just take the suspension (even if you feel you're not guilty), rather than risk a similar leak should the case go to trial?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I have hated that Son of a Bitch since "The Tuck.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How can a group of people who claim intellectual superiority over stupid ass liberals be so misinformed and judgemental?????

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/01/deflategate-only-one-patriots-football-underinflated
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUTH.

It's already been stated that the NFL was investigating the Patriots for under inflating footballs long before the AFCCG.  You really think that was the only football in this entire investigation, spanning months, was under inflated?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There is on the other hand evidence Brady cheated, along with braking league rules.  I have no idea why he even went so far as to destroy the phone.  The league wasn't asking for all 10k text messages.  Only the one between him and the ball guy.  So why again did he need to destroy his phone?
View Quote

There is NO evidence! Even the fucking Wells report says there is NO EVIDENCE!! It is *likely* that brady knew about the balls being deflated. But there is NO EVIDENCE of it. As far as the cell phone goes, if he hands over that cell phone EVERY single text message, iota of data goes viral. Personal shit he doesn't want getting out to the public. And he stated he destroys his cell phones EVERY four months.
View Quote

No evidence, except that ball boy disappearing into the shitter with the ball... And the other mountains of evidence.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So giving Ray Rice a 2 game suspension for knocking out his wife on camera was fair?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should have been a season ban and stripped him of those suspect championship wins.

4 games is a slap on the wrist for somebody who clearly doesn't give a shit they cheated, and doesn't even really seem to care they got caught.

So giving Ray Rice a 2 game suspension for knocking out his wife on camera was fair?

Off the field conduct VS. on field (integrity of the game issues) . add in the bonus that the Patriots have a history of cheating and here you are.  He got off lightly
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is the ignored deflation fact . Last season the Patriots turn over 25% less balls than other teams in outdoor games . Deflated balls are easier to hang on to .
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because Brady invented that rule and was the only QB to benefit from it that year.

Holy shit guys. I have no words for this lunacy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Because Brady invented that rule and was the only QB to benefit from it that year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't even get me started on the Immaculate Reception

RIP Kenny Stabler
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Then why not also just take the suspension (even if you feel you're not guilty), rather than risk a similar leak should the case go to trial?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes Arfcom amazes me... Supposedly a mecca of freedom and rights... Yet you suggest a person is guilty for not volunteering his personal information and that if he ISN'T guilty he should just accept the punishment if he doesn't want his personal information leaked.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Can't stand Brady or the Patriots, but Goodell is a cock fag.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Here is the ignored deflation fact . Last season the Patriots turn over 25% less balls than other teams in outdoor games . Deflated balls are easier to hang on to .
View Quote
Correlation =/= Causation...

And that report was already refuted and shown to be cherry picked bullshit.

It should also surprise no one that the team with the highest winning percentage, that has been the most dominant in the league for over a decade, has better statistics than other teams.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sometimes Arfcom amazes me... Supposedly a mecca of freedom and rights... Yet you suggest a person is guilty for not volunteering his personal information and that if he ISN'T guilty he should just accept the punishment if he doesn't want his personal information leaked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except he broke league rules by not cooperating with their investigation.  THAT'S THE REASON FOR THE SUSPENSION!  Maybe next time he'll be smart an use a burner phone...

ETA: I'm stating even if he isn't guilty of asking for the footballs to be deflated, he should accept the suspension for violating league rules.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Want to hear an ignored fact? Steven Ridley, the Pats HB, has been constantly benched for fumbling.

Maybe the reason they fumble so seldom across their lineup is because Belichick will bench your ass if you cant hang on to the ball?

Ridley lost a lot of touches because his fumbling.

Keep it up Pats haters, this is great.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Want to hear an ignored fact? Steven Ridley, the Pats HB, has been constantly benched for fumbling.

Maybe the reason they fumble so seldom across their lineup is because Belichick will bench your ass if you cant hang on to the ball?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, because Belichick is the only coach in the league that will bench a player for excessive fumbling...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#28]
'm sure it's been said, but ya 3 weeks, 1 is a bye week.
Quoted:
Should have been a season ban and stripped him of those suspect championship wins.

4 games is a slap on the wrist for somebody who clearly doesn't give a shit they cheated, and doesn't even really seem to care they got caught.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#29]
The butt hurt and conspiracy theories in this thread are pure awesomeness.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their league, their rules. Get the fuck over it.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I dislike the patriots but I think a lot of teams do this. They got caught.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Don't like it, change the F-ing rules!

Just because he's the high school quarterback with a supermodel wife doesn't mean he's above the rules.

Change the rules so everybody can change the PSI, don't just let one team get away with it, especially during the playoffs.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wait for the very, very end

https://youtu.be/7PiOM3EdKKg
View Quote

LOVE Pittsburgh Dad!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Tommy refused to turn over evidence, and then in the appeal volunteered the info that he destroyed the evidence.

And he's shocked his suspension was upheld.

Mike Florio of PFT nailed it:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Tommy refused to turn over evidence, and then in the appeal volunteered the info that he destroyed the evidence.

And he's shocked his suspension was upheld.

Mike Florio of PFT nailed it:

The decision to admit the destruction of the phone in paperwork aimed at contesting the suspension suggests that Brady was represented by the law firm of Moe, Larry, and Shemp.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

We're talking about professional sports here, not Big Brother.

Life isn't fair, but if there is one and only one place where anyone could have any reasonable expectation of fairness it is within the confines of games & sports.

He's guilty. Goodell is still a douchebag. Life goes on.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

LOVE Pittsburgh Dad!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOVE Pittsburgh Dad!

Knew that needed to be in this thread
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Bwhahahaha.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Still i blame the NFL for allowing this football inflation issue to even exist.  No control of footballs by teams.  

Stupid.
View Quote

totally agree
granted I never really thought about it before then, but when I first heard that each team had their own balls for the games I was thinking that was stupid if the league also wanted rules regarding the condition of the balls

there should be X number of balls per game, controlled by the league and randomly switched out and rechecked throughout the game
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Penn dot shut down the sky
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roads . . . . . . . Where PennDot goes . . . they close . . . . .  the roads
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Tommy pulled a hernandez and broke his phone. Does the team have a guy for that? I mean they have a guy nicknamed the "deflator", they must have a guy called the "destroyer"?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Signed, a Patriots fan.
View Quote

You mean like the Cowboys and Redskins got fined for going over the cap in a year when there wasn't actually a cap?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

0% evidence that he cheated... Oh except for the ball boy calling himself the "Deflator" in his texts with Brady.  Oh and Brady destroying his phone after being asked to turn over pertinent texts (again, not even the physical phone).

Tell that to Pete Rose...  I know!  Different circumstances, but there really is 0 evidence that he knowingly threw games he bet on.  I'm not saying he misses out on his first ballot, I'm saying there's a chance.  But there's also a big chance he jeopardizes himself if he drags this through court to put off a suspension that he ends up never serving because he retires.  Again, not saying that's certain, but acting like none of this in any way harms his future is pretty stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea except there is literally 0% evidence that they cheated

Quoted:
Looks like he's getting ready to sue in state court...  Doesn't he know all these texts, whatever he's trying to hide, will most definitely be turned over by his service provider if a case is brought before a judge?  Almost seems like he's trying to pull a Pat Williams. If that's the case he can pretty much kiss his Hall of Fame chances goodbye.  At this point I think damage is limited to just not making it in on the first ballot.

Four time superbowl champ and MVP what, three times? No way this has any effect of his HoF nominations.

0% evidence that he cheated... Oh except for the ball boy calling himself the "Deflator" in his texts with Brady.  Oh and Brady destroying his phone after being asked to turn over pertinent texts (again, not even the physical phone).

Tell that to Pete Rose...  I know!  Different circumstances, but there really is 0 evidence that he knowingly threw games he bet on.  I'm not saying he misses out on his first ballot, I'm saying there's a chance.  But there's also a big chance he jeopardizes himself if he drags this through court to put off a suspension that he ends up never serving because he retires.  Again, not saying that's certain, but acting like none of this in any way harms his future is pretty stupid.

Damn those deflated balls cost Indy that game. And the Vikings must really suck at cheating bc they were heating up balls illegally and no one gives a shit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Steelers running back Leveon Bell was suspended 2 games under terms of the NFL player conduct policy after an
arrest last summer on charges of marijuana possession and driving under
the influence, which resulted in probation. He will miss the first two games at the start of this season.

Two games for off the field fun that had no effect at all to a game. Brady should be banned more than 4 games.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
According to his side he destroyed the phone but provided the NFL with all relevant texts, which they already had from the other parties phones.  

Likely he didn't want any of his private matters on his personal phone being leaked by the league who is notorious for leaking bull shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brady destroyed the evidence. If it exonerated him, why did he destroy it?
According to his side he destroyed the phone but provided the NFL with all relevant texts, which they already had from the other parties phones.  

Likely he didn't want any of his private matters on his personal phone being leaked by the league who is notorious for leaking bull shit.

So he treats his texts like Hillary does her emails...seems legit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You mean like the Cowboys and Redskins got fined for going over the cap in a year when there wasn't actually a cap?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Signed, a Patriots fan.

funny how you bring that up. shows the bias
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Inflating footballs, and then neglecting to measure them properly, and then when measured, the difference in pressure is easily explained by science, is not cheating.

Furthermore, if it actually mattered, the NFL would keep proper tabs on the game balls, like they do the kicking balls. If the balls being underinflated (or over inflated) were actually a big deal, the NFL wouldn't let the teams even have access to the balls after they were checked over by the officiating crew.

Combine that with the fact that most of the crew uses standard equipment to check the balls, which isn't a lab grade instrument, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to learn that the gauges that they use are probably in the +- 1lb range for accuracy, which could give you an "ok" reading if it was only 2psi low.

But hey, I guess they were "cheating" by inflating the balls indoors to the proper pressure in a room temperature room, where they were then inspected, and then signed off on, and then taken outside into cold weather, where the pressures predictably dropped due to the temp change.

But I guess Brady is "guilty" of "something" because he had the foresight to destroy his shit before some NFL official could get their dickbeaters on it, and potentially leak private materal from his personal phone (because that's never happened before, am I right?).
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Inflating footballs, and then neglecting to measure them properly, and then when measured, the difference in pressure is easily explained by science, is not cheating.

Furthermore, if it actually mattered, the NFL would keep proper tabs on the game balls, like they do the kicking balls. If the balls being underinflated (or over inflated) were actually a big deal, the NFL wouldn't let the teams even have access to the balls after they were checked over by the officiating crew.

Combine that with the fact that most of the crew uses standard equipment to check the balls, which isn't a lab grade instrument, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to learn that the gauges that they use are probably in the +- 1lb range for accuracy, which could give you an "ok" reading if it was only 2psi low.

But hey, I guess they were "cheating" by inflating the balls indoors to the proper pressure in a room temperature room, where they were then inspected, and then signed off on, and then taken outside into cold weather, where the pressures predictably dropped due to the temp change.

But I guess Brady is "guilty" of "something" because he had the foresight to destroy his shit before some NFL official could get their dickbeaters on it, and potentially leak private materal from his personal phone (because that's never happened before, am I right?).
View Quote

the nfl network actually tested this and proved the game time temperature wouldn't effect the pressure of the balls as much as everyone thinks it would.

he could have came clean. he could have had his attorney provide the information wells was looking for off of his sell phone yet he still destroyed it.

hes guilty
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I find it odd, in a banana republic sort of way, that the same guy who pronounced the punishment also hears the "appeal."
View Quote

I am the law!!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top