Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a wonderfully entertaining post.  I have seen FAR more valuable advice here than in all the years of Dear Abbey or Ann "Communist" Landers.  What a wealth of experience.  And all so true!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First of all my answers only apply to younger women, say 21 and under, as I have no experiance with anyone older than that.
View Quote

that, sir, would be your problem.  women that age are no more mature than anyone else and to expect them to be a perfect women is ludicrous.  like males that age, they've still got a lot of growing up to do.

i'm sorry about the relationship with the girl who couldn't handle you being nice.  but you can't fault her for it.  she was actually very mature about that decision.  she recognized a problem that would drag the relationship down.  granted she might have stayed with you while trying to fix it, but that rarely works and both partners become upset.  it sounds to me like you might really have liked this girl and are upset that it didn't work out.  and probably want someone to blame.  (i could be way wrong, this is in no way an accusation, just an observation).  unfortunately, except maybe her father, there really isn't anyone to blame in this.

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Do womenz still apreciate doors opened and chairs pushed in for them?

I opened the door for a womenz yesterday at the gas station and I dunno if she liked that or not.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Do womenz still apreciate doors opened and chairs pushed in for them?

I opened the door for a womenz yesterday at the gas station and I dunno if she liked that or not.
View Quote

was she still sitting in her car at the time? then maybe she tought you were going to car jack her[BD]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Aww man, I was going into the quick e mart to pay for gas and she was walking towards the exit. So I opened the door and waited until she left before I went in.

I do that alot for womenz.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#7]
What women want in order

#1 - Rock Star
#2 - Movie Star
#3 - Politician
#4 - Good liar who says he one of the above
#5 - Rich guy (Good Looking)
#6 - Rich Guy (Not good looking)
#7 - Doctor
#8 - Lawyer
#9 - Fireman
#10 - Life Guard
... #829821 Imbroglio
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#8]
#1 - Rock Star
#2 - Movie Star
#3 - Politician
#4 - Good liar who says he one of the above
#5 - Rich guy (Good Looking)
#6 - Rich Guy (Not good looking)
#7 - Doctor
#8 - Lawyer
#9 - Fireman
#10 - Life Guard
... #829821 Imbroglio

...#829822  Aviator  

Aviator
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#9]
[blue]Ok, I have proved #4 wrong before, on more than one occasion, but I think for the "less intelligent" women, this is what matters. Imbroglio, my friend, the most important thing, in this whole universe, is how good you can TTA. Also, when it comes to purely sexual encounters, you must be "the chameleon", and blend and bend to fit the occasion. I hope that you read this and take my words seriously. I ALSO have dated and "been" with all races (White, Black, Hispanic, Asian... and such), and things are equal across the board bro. They all fall for the same... er, technique. Forget about the cash crap. If you take care of things right, she will be emptying out some $$MF's wallet for you. I shit you not. I would not take part in it, but that has happened to me before. It made me sick, actually.

It Don't Mean Nothin'...

Tyler[/blue]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Ok, I'll try my hand at this.

1) If she has fun with him.
2) If she is entertained by him.

Well, neither of these are my job.  I am not an entertainer or a comedian.  Yes, I can make women laugh, but it has to be a mutual thing.  If you can't hold up your end of a conversation, funny or otherwise, you'll never get far in the world of interpersonal relationships.

3) If she feels safe with him.
4) If she thinks she has something to gain by being with him.

In some ways, #3 is a subordinate of #4, i.e. a woman can gain safety by being with a man.  IMHO, most women like a man who is a little dangerous.  After all, if a woman wanted a sure-fire emotional safety net, she'd date another woman.  If they are looking for physical safety, then a pistol is a better bet than a lot of the guys walking around in this day and age.

5) If her mind is stimulated by him.

Now we are getting to the meat of the issue.  Women are like cats.  Curious, always testing you and delicious when properly cooked.  But I digress.  Young women like a challenge, especially a guy who doesn't get along with his Dad.  An example:
Guy #1 says: "My Dad is a my role model, and we get along great.  I want to go to college and graduate business school and my Dad supports this idea 100%."
Guy #2 says:  "My old man is an a$$hole.  I want to be a rock star but he keeps telling me to cut my hair and get a job."

Yep, you guessed it, women will want to clasp guy #2 to their bosom and comfort him, 'cause he's a misunderstood rebel.  Guy #1 will be the woman's friend, you know, the friend who puts new brakes on her car for her (for free) and gives her a place to stay (for free) when guy #2 throws her out in the street after an argument.

You see, guy #1 is inherently self-sufficient and anyway has his parent(s) to fall back on.  He is typically not emotionally needy.  He has clear, attainable goals in life and typically is not generating the type of emotional/dramatic challenges that young women like.  

Guy #1 is the "friend in need" of women everywhere, the 'McGyver' whom  they turn to when the chips are down.  Of course, being a gentleman, he will not cash in on his female friends during their hour of need by trying to score on them when they just broke up with their rockstar boyfriend, for the third time in a month, now that they need a place to stay yet again.  

6) If she is sexually attracted to him.

Well, this one is easy.  This is why some chick picks you up/gets picked up in a bar.  Sometimes it's biology, not psychology.  Here is where the great ass, nice car and ability to hold your liquor really pays off.

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#11]
(...continued from above....)
Now, once you mature a bit, you see that a smart woman knows that men have three jobs to perform:
1)Make money
2)Fix things
3)Keep the bed warm

That's it.  That's all a woman wants or needs.  You see, guys who can reliably make money at normal occupations are usually pretty well adjusted in their mental state.  If this same guy can fix things (i.e. fix a car, rewire a room, build a retaining wall, etc.), it means he is a bit of a McGyver.  Odds are, he's good in a pinch, and that's a good guy to have around in the long haul.  The last item speaks for itself.

The three items above are the list my wife had in mind when she married me.  She handles the routine household chores, and I handle the breadwinning, broken water pipes, repelling crazed home invaders, etc.

There have been some excellent posts on this topic.  As one person said, by the time women figure out what traits are desirable in men, they typically are older and have an ex.  I got lucky and found a woman who knew the important things at an early age.  I didn't marry her until I was 27, so I spent a lot of time playing McGyver to my many female friends.

If all else fails, remeber this:
Date a Democrat and marry a Republican!
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#12]
An old Alaskan proverb
"If it Floats, Flys or Fools Around it's cheaper to rent."
f
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Damned if I know, but Chaucer in the 1300's said what women want is "fun in bed."
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:28:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone have anything else they would like to add to this topic.  Between several message boards I know there are a lot of people asking this question.  I think this topic provides a lot of insight into how both sides think.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I have no further comments and have come to the final realization of the futility of my situation. All that these discussions do are get my hopes up then ultimately, these hopes are smashed into a million pieces. In the end there is just more vast emptiness.

Link Posted: 4/27/2001 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
I have no further comments and have come to the final realization of the futility of my situation. All that these discussions do are get my hopes up then ultimately, these hopes are smashed into a million pieces. In the end there is just more vast emptiness.

View Quote

Yes, we hope you have a nice day too...

This whole thing is extremely depressing, Imbrog|io, it's pretty bad imagining somebody in your situation. Therefore, if I ever find out that you do have more than 2 guns, any money, friends or a gf, I'm gonna kick your behind for making me feel sorry for you...

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#17]
You don't know the half of it. I just do not understand what I have done to deserve this? It isn't like I haven't tried to change things but every time all roads lead back to the same place.

There must be a purpose for all of this torment. I just don't know what it is.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Imbro,

Why not take the "George Costanza" approach?  If what you are doing is not working, then do the exact opposite....
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#19]
"If it has tits or wheels it's nothing but trouble" Quote from an old guy at work.

(Apologies to ARLady, MissMagnum and all others of the opposite sex.)

Patriot_Dave and Aviator, I'm a fireman and it don't help.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#20]
My path is becoming clearer now. It goes far beyond the lusting of the flesh.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Women (or men) are like parking places at the Mall...

All the good ones are taken, and the only ones left are handicapped or way the f#$% out there!

So, sometimes, you have to drive around the lot and wait for one of the good ones to open up.

Don't get impatient and 'park' in the first one you see.  You might get bumps or dents! (Analogy for a dysfunctional person).

Don't be trying to park your SUV in one of those tight spots (analogy for an immature person), then get upset when you can't open your door! (like, trying to get out of a potentially bad situation)
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why did she leave?  The main reason was that she said the relationship didn't feel right...meaning she was still uncomfortable with someone who actually cared about her.
View Quote

Are you sure she didn't see your AR in the closet and take you for one of those gun nuts! [:D] seriously though, I can't count the amounts of friendships and relationships I've lost over the "G" thing. My new rule for dating is they don't get to find out about my special friends, until we have been seeing each other for at least 3 months! Now that I am getting my FFL this makes things more complicated, when they ask me what I do for a line of work I find myself answering, I sell police supply's. For some reason they don't seem to like that either oh well, What are you going to do...

FYI the girls I have been chaseing are in the 18 to a little over mid 20's croud.

Link Posted: 7/3/2001 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Imbroglio, maybe it would help if when you were around them you didn't call them 'womenz'. ;)
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Imbro,

You are overthinking the whole womenz thing.  I used to wonder why all the nice girls I really liked were always picking scumbag loser cavemen.  They would then try to change him into a "nice guy", and were unhappy the whole time.  Finally, I stopped thinking about what they want, and concentrating on what I wanted.  Women want $$$$.  Men want poon.  It is that simple.  

If you want a long term girlfriend/wife, then you need to concentrate on the friend part.  All the things on that list get old sooner or later, but friendships can last a lifetime.  My question to you, is "What are you looking for?"
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Troy:  From your past posts here, you seem to have a good understanding of what most women think.  Yourself and your significant other seem to have excellent communication skills.

[b]1) If she has fun with him.
2) If she is entertained by him.[/b]
True.  I don’t except my husband to be an entertainer, but it’s nice that we share the same sense of humor and some of the same interests.  Its what allows us to laugh at each other’s jokes, want to see the same movies, makes life enjoyable, etc.  Most importantly, it helps us enjoy each other’s company.

[b]3) If she feels safe with him.[/b]
True.  He won’t hurt me, and will do his best to stop someone from hurting me.  But I still have a Glock, AR-15, and shotgun.  We cover each other and take responsibility for ourselves and our safety.  

[b]4) If she thinks she has something to gain by being with him.[/b]
I gain love and support.  

[b]5) If her mind is stimulated by him.[/b]
My husband is an intellectual.  I like being able to talk about more than the WWF and Monster Truck Shows.  (Not that anything is wrong with the WWF and Monster Truck shows.)

[b]6) If she is sexually attracted to him.[/b]
Duh.  Would you marry a woman you would never, ever want to have sex with?

I did not marry my husband for money or power.  I married him because he is my best friend.  [:)]

So, have I nauseated anyone?
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Glock Grrrl, got a sister? kidding. [:d]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#27]
your kidding swire, you have actualy seen single women in michigan?

im trying for the 21+ crowd myself
you think imbroglo has women problems wear my shoes and be the silent recluse type that only makes 30k a year.

BTW i dont like clubs or bars and half of the time people that frequent them rub me the wrong way too. Ive always liked the straight and narrow puritan type for some reason

But i do agree women over all want somone that can support them monitarily. Meaning you work to death so they can stay home and spend it.

Face it imbro  fate delt us a shitty hand in this life While others get to deal from the bottom of the deck.

do what i do ,

keep looking dont expect to find anyone and buy another gun.  
A shallow meaningless existance is better than none.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top