Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wish the same type of anger I am seeing on the internet over this old man lion was also applied to the butchers at Planned Parenthood...what a fucked up world we live in...
View Quote

Absolutely this. I saw one comment on a newsfeed that went something along the lines of the commenter being more upset about this then murders and child molesters. I mean seriously, you care more about a poached lion then a chomo... strange times we live in...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The bulk of the funds went for animal reserve funding, the meat goes to starving villagers.
GD falling for PETA propaganda
View Quote

Did you not read the part about headless skinless carcass found?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Am I the only one who doesn't know who the fuck Cecil the lion is?

Shit, if I was shooting lions, I doubt I'd be in any less trouble.  If he was that famous, they should have made the mofo wear an "I am Cecil" t-shirt or something.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

The mane thing is that a suitable scapegoat is found.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If the story is accurate it is pretty shitty

However I always find it interesting that the people that get into the frothiest rage at shit like this

are the same people that don't care or actively support PP and baby parts harvesting.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wish the same type of anger I am seeing on the internet over this old man lion was also applied to the butchers at Planned Parenthood...what a fucked up world we live in...
View Quote

Outrage? Why? It's only human babies.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to shoot a lion just so I can troll the PETAfags. I really have now desire to shoot one otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Dr salee?

Paging toothy

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we can only make these human babies as cute as an old lion maybe we'd get somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Absolutely this. I saw one comment on a newsfeed that went something along the lines of the commenter being more upset about this then murders and child molesters. I mean seriously, you care more about a poached lion then a chomo... strange times we live in...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The lion was 13 years old....well past his prime and would have been easily killed by younger and stronger lions...

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#12]

It's bad enough Cecil got poached, now you're doing the same to my thread
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The lion was 13 years old....well past his prime and would have been easily killed by younger and stronger lions...  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.
That lion was getting long in the tooth.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Only on GD do you get labeled a "communist PETA fag" for thinking this kind of thing is shitty
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]
no matter how shitty it is it takes some balls to bow hunt a lion.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Only on GD do you get labeled a "communist PETA fag" for thinking this kind of thing is shitty
View Quote

Black and white world, that's ARFcom.

BTW, commie.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cecil was lured off the preserve and had his collar removed.

Hope they nail the fuckers (guides who did it) to the wall
View Quote

This

Also, IBT stick all cats in a bag and drown them psycho crowd.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Someone didn't get his piece of the $55K.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Or in typical African fashion they are looking for the person with the deepest pockets.  Corruption is rampant.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game preserve staged the whole thing for attention and donations.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the Spaniard is off the hook now, they're pretty sure it was the American.

Or in typical African fashion they are looking for the person with the deepest pockets.  Corruption is rampant.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game preserve staged the whole thing for attention and donations.  

I thought I was cynical, but I agree with you
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

BTW, commie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW, commie.

Yeah. This was unsportsmanlike, but not "horrendous".

On a scale of bad: I would say that the guy who mowed over the family of ducks was worse.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#21]
"Not as evil as making stupid statements."

I'd just like to say that your reply was filled with insight.  Thank you for that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many here have a blood lust.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That settles it, Dentists are psychopaths worse than cops and nurses.
View Quote
Probably vote obama too. Hey, anyone hear from drslee?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

BTW, commie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW, commie.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like his guides were at fault which is a pretty legit excuse assuming that there is legal lion hunting in Zimbabwe. If not, he should have known better.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#26]
The guy has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in hunting fees to support conservation and he'll be vilified by "conservationists" all over the US who have never contributed a dime.

Huzzah
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Killing exotic animals for the fun of it is pretty retarded.  "Oh wow look at that amazing majestic creature!  I can't wait to kill it"  I mean who the hell actually thinks like that?  I sure wouldn't want to associate with them.

I mean killing game animals for food is fine and killing pests is also fine, but something about killing rare exotic beasts sport is
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#28]
All lives matter.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I agree the details of this whole thing sound a bit messed up but who knows .

What little I hunt and fish is for the table but

1) I have no problem with trophy hunting in general if rules and regulations are followed.

2) much of the wildlife preservation in this country is bankrolled directly through fees and taxes on sportsmen

3) Generally all preservation in Africa and a great deal of  general tourism dollars are generated by foreign sportsmen
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#31]
brb while i find my fucks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#32]

The guy is a major douchebag.....hope he is never allowed to hunt in WI again.

This isn't his first violation
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#33]
This

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#34]
<-------
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Killing exotic animals for the fun of it is pretty retarded.  "Oh wow look at that amazing majestic creature!  I can't wait to kill it"  I mean who the hell actually thinks like that?  I sure wouldn't want to associate with them.

I mean killing game animals for food is fine and killing pests is also fine, but something about killing rare exotic beasts sport is
View Quote

Funny thing about exotic animal hunts....they actually help keep the animals alive..
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
We've been assured here that big game hunts in Africa are the most noble pursuit and conducted with the utmost of sportsmanship
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a pretty liberal stance on this, unfortunately. You lure a famous, old, protected animal off of its natural habitat, and kill it for a trophy.

The dentist isn't the one responsible unless he was in on the plot.

The cocksuckers that were in on the plot, need fucked.

The story said they dragged an animal carcass behind their vehicle to lure Cecil off the preserve, I'm pretty sure this wasn't the safari guide's first rodeo.  Nor was the dentist some kind of greenhorn that didn't know how hunts in Africa took place.

We've been assured here that big game hunts in Africa are the most noble pursuit and conducted with the utmost of sportsmanship

Some happen in a fashion that is legal.  Some don't.  

This guy sounds like a poacher.  Poachers in Africa get shot.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Funny thing about exotic animal hunts....they actually help keep the animals alive..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but harpooning Shamu won't win many people over either.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the real problem, all kidding aside.  Those exorbitant fees do go to help game preservation in Africa, which everyone agrees is good.  But when you fuck it up by poaching, it literally ruins it for everybody, game animals included.  This is why we can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I seent it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, cause nothing in Africa is corrupt and the funds go exactly where they tell us they do.    
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah, cause nothing in Africa is corrupt and the funds go exactly where they tell us they do.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny thing about that is a lot of the money actually does go where it is supposed to. Since a lot of safaris are done on private farms where the owners have a vested interest in keeping the game flourishing. But, I am sure you know all the pesky little facts, have lots of experience, and never paint with a broad brush.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Killing animals for fun is evil.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Killing animals for fun is evil.  
You mean hunting?
Fuck that dentist.
No thank you.
 I hope that his teeth fall out.    

They probably won't, because he's a dentist.  If they do, he'll just put new ones in that are even nicer.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I agree the details of this whole thing sound a bit messed up but who knows .

What little I hunt and fish is for the table but

1) I have no problem with trophy hunting in general if rules and regulations are followed.

2) much of the wildlife preservation in this country is bankrolled directly through fees and taxes on sportsmen

3) Generally all preservation in Africa and a great deal of  general tourism dollars are generated by foreign sportsmen
View Quote

Agreed and thank you for posting a sane reply in this thread.  Most are either "Oh my god he's a murderer!!!" or "You're a PETAbot"

If this guy violated the law punish him to the fullest extent of the law.

If you don't like Trophy hunting, don't do it.  Whether you want to admit it or not it does contribute to the survival of some species when mananged well and done legally.

For the really anti's all hunting is murder crowd, you really don't want to know about me and hunting coyotes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Reminds me of the story where the kid in San Diego took a local attraction, some "famous" octopus because he could. Legal, but a pretty shitty thing to do.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the story where the kid in San Diego took a local attraction, some "famous" octopus because he could. Legal, but a pretty shitty thing to do.

View Quote

Octopus grilled over a nice wood fire is delicious.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody can agree on that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well that is some great PR for hunters.
View Quote

That's not "hunting", and the worse PR it gets the better.
If you shoot it you should have to eat it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm partial to it flash frozen, thawed, sliced, placed on top of a ball of rice and smeared with wassabe.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well that is some great PR for hunters.

Yes it love eating prairie dogs, coyotes, crow, muskrats etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fucking this x1000000000
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top